Thursday, May 16, 2024
11:01 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, June 28, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Well said by sheda.

I would like to add cultural aspacts in this discussion, espically the role of FAMILY. As we all know the family is the first training institution in a person"s life and it is said the LAP of mother is the first school for the baby.
If the family is maintaining respect for its female members and mother is inculcalting respect of females in the mind of his son, i assure you the son will never look down upon the females in society for all his life.
The MPAs of Punjab Assembly who called the female MPAs as "tissue papers" the other day showed their family values and flaws in their upbringing to the public.
Why dont i harrass the females whatever the circumstance and whatever the reasons are ? and while another male like me never lost a chance to harrass the female on road, in office and even at home ? So, it is the difference of upbringing and family training in early life. That is why some blame also goes to our female members of society who are resposible for the upbringing of their children. if they are educated and see the world with equality, they will produce good citizens. Plz look for the root cause of this menance in our family culture and try to change it for an harrassment-free society. Give your womenfolk the equal rights first in the family !

PEERLESS is on a distinguished road

sociologist pu
good points
please think, who is to blame for most of the violence and harassment at home men or women? i think male are the victims of women at home more often than females?
miss mukhtaran mai was the first women who initiated the fight against the cruelty and injustice but what was done with her by some so called female social leaders of ngo's, i must say that she was used by women for their own causes, alas she is still waiting for justice.
our female leaders! what are they doing? i do not want to explain the character of our graduate leaders but it’s a shame to watch leading women fighting on tv.
i am working in an organization which has a strict code of conduct on sexual and physical violence, some days back i noticed a man harassing a woman i reported the same to harassment committee but after hearing i was given a warring letter for maligning a man and women, latter the woman told me that she has no option other than make me a scapegoat and save her job as she is divorced a mother of two (she made me a scapegoat ohh no). so who is to blame for the official harassment?
on public places, in buses and educational institutions, yes men are surely involved in harassing women but it can be stopped if women themselves decide to do that.

No law on earth can save women from harassment and violence if they are themselves not ready to fight for them.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Monday, June 28, 2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Kindly avoid using upper case unnecessarily

sana_krn has a spectacular aura aboutsana_krn has a spectacular aura about

u know wat wen women stepped out of her house male normaly think she must b bold enough n lets do some dil pashori she wount mind this approch starts wen boys start going to school n this remain till thier death
but wat are the reasons? 1st mention above by sociologist pu upbringing most imp thing then our society women are taken to be weaker part n u can harras thm easily
i agree women are equily responcible for that becoz they dunt take stand against such things they easily surrender watever man do they accept without outring a single word
u talk abt islam islam also says to respect women to down ur eyes wen see a women y 4get this saying? y always men told women to do perdha bla blah so she can b protected let me tell u brother women is not protected in parada even am witnessed to such harasment wen women is in parada n boys r shouting at her if parada is solution y such things happens? solution is to chang mind set of males in our society
n u know we have legislations against such harrasment sec 509 of ppc deals with this but nobody utilize it but belive me if males r beign penalized for harrasment 4 once nobody will ever dare to do that
Adnan Manzoor (Tuesday, June 29, 2010), Shali (Wednesday, August 11, 2010)
Old Tuesday, June 29, 2010

btitech is on a distinguished road
Default Women Harrassment

well well women harassment a lot is already discussed by all people, i am not expert on it but i must say one thing this issue can only be removed, eliminated or reduced by proper education in our schools by being co-education so that boys and girls are familiar with each other from start and the lust factor is being taken care off.
See West where girls, women are not being noticed becoz they are that tarki, we should see them just follow this thing other we can't follow but just follow success models from whole over the World.
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 176Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

rose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the rough

Very nice debate is going one:

Let me summarize for all

Causes for Women Harrassment:

1. Cultural Aspect
2. Uneducation
3. Biased attitude of men
4. Unawareness among women

Solution

1. Awareness compaign among the massess
2. Use of religious practices (Our religion does not say not to empower women but it is the one which empowers women with most of the respect; understanding true spirit of Islam.)
3. Good implementation of policies
4. New laws according to the situation with strict punishments but please applicable to all
5. VERY IMPT is bringing women into the main streem - education, employement opportunity, decision making
The Following User Says Thank You to rose_pak For This Useful Post:
Adnan Manzoor (Tuesday, June 29, 2010)

Adnan Manzoor is on a distinguished road
Unhappy I strongly condemn

The society is going in a wrong way because our way of thinking is changed dramatically by western nations.

Male and female have equal but different rights and duties. We translate equality as similar roles as in western world, look at them their social life and moral values are worse, divorce, Rape, live in relationships, single parents concept and some tome they prefer to have a pet rather to have a baby.

I strongly condemn whats evolving in our society on the basis of equal rights,
May God give us wisdom and bless us all.

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Although its not a new issue in the World History :-) but i would say in this era when every matter is going to be addressed and man is much advanced in his thinking...i think the causes are
1. We are Scientifically advanced now but religiously not.
2. Both men and women are responsible...Women must be modest...being a university student I know mostly those girls are teased which are either tend to be over modern in dressing especially and try to be over smart...If a girl only wear Dupatta in a good manner i would assure she will be safe 80 percent...They leave their homes in Burqas but on reaching institute there is not left any dupatta even.
3. Women must be empowered not by forgetting ethics.
4. Holy Prophet (PBUH) said in one of his ahadith "Render Marriage simpler and easier then Zana" Make it easy by removing Pomp and show in our marriages and removing Dowry system.
5. I think by grace of our electronic media Now a days Adolescence age has become 10 in boys which was 12 to 16...And he knows the things which were known by a man of 30 years....SO EARLY AGE MARRIAGES MUST BE ENCOURAGED...
6. You know about 99.9999 percent of our movies and dramas are based on encouraging A sexual relationship between boys and girls (Jaise zindagi ka bus aik he maqsad ho).... And mostly boys are meant to fight and heroins to dance....
7. And finally i would say that Man is responsible for Women pervertion fisrt and they in turn for man again... so we the male side must think over it..that these are Our Future Mothers are also going to be a father or we are already a son of any one..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RAO RAMEEZ For This Useful Post:
Adnan Manzoor (Tuesday, June 29, 2010), jadoon khan (Sunday, July 04, 2010)

Shahbaz Mehmood is on a distinguished road
Default women Harrasement

first of all such kind of debate is very vital and necessary for societies to evolve.I really appriciate it.Things should be discussed .However every one's point is unique and is based on his family back ground,experinces good or otherwise,education etc.every one should be ready to speak and also should be ready to hear other's point of veiw.
First of all Harrasement of women is not new .It is there from very long time ago.Every socity might have.Many would be victim and predators as well.
This is detrimental to every society and every prudent person would really condem it.
It can avoided by behaving responsibly whether it be a woman or be it a man.
Both man and women are equally responsible.Both should follow Islamic teaching .If woman wear Burka but still having harassement.In this case such solution of Burka will not work.On the otherside if men lower their eyes but women do not abide by modesty limits.Still they will definately put themselves in danger.However if both simultaneously abide by same moral value it can be eliminated or to maximum can be reduced.
Also it is not mandatory for all women to work,this is circumstances that decide women should work or not.
If a woman has no male member,or a widow has to work to earn his living.There is no compulsion on her to keep in side and die.She can go outside and can work with males but observing whatever divine condition are there.On the other side if any woman is working with male.they should respect her like their own daugthers,mother and should support them.so that they can earn their living modestly.
For this to achieve,eradication of ignorance through education based on religios value is very necessary.
Secondly every society member whether it be male or female must play their individul role to eliminte any chance of harrasement.
Thirdly strict law governing harrasement should be in practice.
Best regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to Shahbaz Mehmood For This Useful Post:
Adnan Manzoor (Tuesday, June 29, 2010)
Old Friday, July 02, 2010

waqaskayani is on a distinguished road
Default Lost

I suppose we r lost. Both men and women r responcible for this.Bcoz a man does not knw wht he has to do and neither the woman knws wht is her role in the society,works which one expects frm men r done by women. On the other hand the same goes to women too. The relegion part burried .I am aware tht many will definately not agree to me by just uttering tht its a race where the fitest survives regardless of gender, but to this I will use some harsh example tht we r expecting a donkey to gallop and a horse "to bray,bray bray"".

Its just a simple example to explain the point ,donkey and horse r well understood animal examples so plz plz dnt take it wronge.Nature equilbrium lost

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, July 02, 2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old Friday, July 02, 2010

Adnan Manzoor is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb @waqas

You have hit the bulls eye by say ing nature equilibrium is lost, family or world is an institution in which Male and female have implied defined responsibilities but we are neglecting these and results are in front of us. Moral values are being lost by new generation because there mothers are too busy in their jobs to take care of their childrens.