Saturday, April 27, 2024
02:55 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, June 24, 2010

samana is on a distinguished road
Default Major Reason ofour Nation's Downfall?

please give your opinion...

whats the major reason of Pakistan 's polotical downfall?

for me its our Nation 's Emotionality.ain't it?
Old Friday, July 02, 2010

waqaskayani is on a distinguished road
Wink secret

A furtive agent of USA whn asked wht was ur role in world war 2 , how did u demoralize the germans he said"I was placed among those who were responsible in descision making process the only thing which i did was to promote incompetancy thts it." And the rest was done by there own men.
The Following User Says Thank You to waqaskayani For This Useful Post:
Raz (Friday, July 02, 2010)
Old Friday, July 02, 2010

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

My dear I think in my opinion there are two main problems of Pakistan

1- Arm-Chair criticism
2- Arm-Chair critics

above two are acting as the big problem and big enemy of pakistan.

our arm-chair critics are blaiming to the govt. without analyzing the facts and the challenges facing by Pakistan.

This type of criticism is creating sensation and tension among the Pakistanis,
So, if we want to see our Pakistan Prosporous we should have to abondon the policy of arm-char criticism and should have adopt the policy of criticism on facts and reality

Long Live Pakistan
waqaskayani (Tuesday, July 27, 2010)
Old Sunday, July 25, 2010

waseem gul Jadoon is on a distinguished road

Tell me dude...what do you consider that which is the main problem of Pakistan ?

a) Rapidly increasing population
b) Illiteracy
c) Corruption
d) Lack of respect of Law

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Kindly post ur queries in the relavent section

venom will become famous soon enoughvenom will become famous soon enough
Default problems are not like this

in my view all probelms are directy porpotional to each other,
so it will not correct to say that one is the main and more resobonsible reason of it,
but i think first thing is that when we are blaming on leadership then at the same time on other hand we are trying to get ecsap from our taking our responsibilty through we can contribute with a positive change in our society.
because it is natur's law that if any one chose supression for itself then it will be supressed till that changes its way.
it is not about eduction poverty or what other it is about how we should realize whats happening withus.
system itslef become outdated,and every day with everything we can feel whats going on
poor can sense that he is not getting much work or wages or those wages are not sufficent for the survival or for his and his generations growth,
middle class feel that day by day it is becoming to difficult to grow,
earnings are not sufficent,every day we can sense whats going on
every day we pass through it
and in last we blame on leadership but never talk to take the responsiblity
it happens in those socities where politics become a trade or job
and it is happning here
now some brothers will object that there are few leaders who are doing good for nation
but you have to see the whole system it have been corrupted and that system can be changed by the people,.
some brothers may object what a ordinary man can do in this society who is already suffring from the system
so answer will be this suffrings in this country is only for odinary people so they collectivly realize it and become closer so they can become a power,power of people who can change this system.
and every single person can contribute in this change he just have to realize first and they think on it that who to change or make it correct.

Tahir Sohail is on a distinguished road

To me all these problems are not relevant as far as this country is concerned. Every nation during its course of evolution faces these problems and still exist with dignity and honour. If we take little pain to go into the national histories of those countries which today fall into the category of most advanced and developed nations, we would realize that the problems they faced during their national development were extremely accute and horrific when compared to the ones we are facing today. The first and foremost question in this context is, whether we are a nation or otherwise? If we see this country in a miniature shape, and view it as a family, the matter would take a much simpler form for a better understanding. In a family, where each member feels truly committed to the welfare of the other member, and if all of them are honestly and equally desiring to do something substantially in favour of each other, all kinds of problems would take no longer to be fully resolved in one way or the other. From the day one, Pakistan keeps on suffering on one very basic account, and that is national cohesion. On every issue, right from a very minor dispute of how to celebrate Eid on one single fixed day, to the most difficult questions of national consensus on language, culture, religion, politics, etc, we had never been able to think and behave like one national entity. The population fabric interwoven with different economic and social divisions, are existing in a warlike situation to each other. No country in the world exists without economic and cultural diversity, rather this diversity is the actual beauty of every politically organised society, as each group of the people is constantly contributing to the collective welfare of the nation, and is a source of strength for national survival. Unfortunately we are still in search of national identity, and could not reach a point where we may stand as one nation and fight against the problems that are hampering our national progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tahir Sohail For This Useful Post:
intelligentgal (Monday, July 26, 2010)
Old Monday, July 26, 2010
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 163

Sakk will become famous soon enough
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahir Sohail View Post
To me all these problems are not relevant as far as this country is concerned.....fight against the problems that are hampering our national progress.
Thank you for highlighting the point of national integration but I have couple of concerns regarding your view point.

1. What else are you expecting from a poor nation like Pakistan to remain united under the umbrella of national integration although inflation is sky high?

2. What SINCERE measures are taken by existing democratic government to strengthen national integration ties further? Is there any policy you can mention me? Power crisis at its peak, food shortage and price hikes, unemployement getting worse on daily basis, higher education commission HEC scholarships has been curtailed, society is desensitized due to security issues and the list goes on...

3. In order to motivate the universal feeling of national integration you have to show your sincere efforts pragmatically. Further you talked about that Pakistan since its inception is under the trauma of lack of national integration,however this is not the case, please remind crisis of 1965 where whole nation stands derisive with army, please recall times of gen. zial-ul-haq how much stability was there. Pakistan was involved in proxy war against russia while on the other hand russia was involved in building steel mills in pakistan.

My only concern is that if someone is hungry, despite arranging food for him, our govt. is opting for the policy of extraminating his stomach so there is no urge for foor at all. Its the middle class who is paying taxes and heavy GST on local commodities, sugar is being sold at par with international market and ....

I am very optimistic about this national and I really salute them keeping in view their strength, flexibility and adaptability. National integration and concensus will come by if people see sincere govt. facilitating welfare of people.

Thanks for your view point.

Have a great day.
Old Monday, July 26, 2010
40th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 419

intelligentgal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahir Sohail View Post
To me all these problems are not relevant as far as this country is concerned. Every nation during its course of evolution faces these problems and still exist with dignity and honour. If we take little pain to go into the national histories of those countries which today fall into the category of most advanced and developed nations, we would realize that the problems they faced during their national development were extremely accute and horrific when compared to the ones we are facing today. The first and foremost question in this context is, whether we are a nation or otherwise? If we see this country in a miniature shape, and view it as a family, the matter would take a much simpler form for a better understanding. In a family, where each member feels truly committed to the welfare of the other member, and if all of them are honestly and equally desiring to do something substantially in favour of each other, all kinds of problems would take no longer to be fully resolved in one way or the other. From the day one, Pakistan keeps on suffering on one very basic account, and that is national cohesion. On every issue, right from a very minor dispute of how to celebrate Eid on one single fixed day, to the most difficult questions of national consensus on language, culture, religion, politics, etc, we had never been able to think and behave like one national entity. The population fabric interwoven with different economic and social divisions, are existing in a warlike situation to each other. No country in the world exists without economic and cultural diversity, rather this diversity is the actual beauty of every politically organised society, as each group of the people is constantly contributing to the collective welfare of the nation, and is a source of strength for national survival. Unfortunately we are still in search of national identity, and could not reach a point where we may stand as one nation and fight against the problems that are hampering our national progress.
I wholly agree with your view point that we lack national integration which is the root cause of all the problems we are facing today.
There are several reason for our being unable to make Pakistan a state of a nation. some of these are:
1: From the very begining, when this land of pures came into being, there was no or very little desire on the part of federating units to unite in a federation hence we lacked the first prerequisite for the formation of a smooth and effective federation.
Balauchistan did not want to join us and still its innate oppsition( read hatred) manifists itself in the decades old struggle of Balauchis against the Centre. Khyberpakhtunkhawa, formerly NWFP joined us through a referendum, where no doubt people wanted to be part of newly founded Pakistan but ruling elites' sympathies were not with Pakistan. so in this state where centripetal forces are so weak, how can national integration be achieved.
2: only a portion of Pakistan's population faced the problems( massacre, looting, abduction, refugee camps) at the independence, those who were migrating from the areas now fall in India and for the rest of population of pakistan, Partition was a news. Most of us have not paid the price and so we do not realise the value of Pakistan. we civil war erupted in US, whole of North and South was devestated and it was only then that Americans had realised the value of national integration.
3. from the very start, democracy was crawling and our politicians had their own axes to grind and consequently we faced successive martial laws at the cost of national integration and provincial autonomy. recently musharraf's evil deeds in Balauchistan are case in point.
there are several other point responsible for retarding our process of national cohesion that i will discuss soon.

Regards
Old Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tahir Sohail is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakk View Post
Thank you for highlighting the point of national integration but I have couple of concerns regarding your view point.

1. What else are you expecting from a poor nation like Pakistan to remain united under the umbrella of national integration although inflation is sky high?

2. What SINCERE measures are taken by existing democratic government to strengthen national integration ties further? Is there any policy you can mention me? Power crisis at its peak, food shortage and price hikes, unemployement getting worse on daily basis, higher education commission HEC scholarships has been curtailed, society is desensitized due to security issues and the list goes on...

3. In order to motivate the universal feeling of national integration you have to show your sincere efforts pragmatically. Further you talked about that Pakistan since its inception is under the trauma of lack of national integration,however this is not the case, please remind crisis of 1965 where whole nation stands derisive with army, please recall times of gen. zial-ul-haq how much stability was there. Pakistan was involved in proxy war against russia while on the other hand russia was involved in building steel mills in pakistan.

My only concern is that if someone is hungry, despite arranging food for him, our govt. is opting for the policy of extraminating his stomach so there is no urge for foor at all. Its the middle class who is paying taxes and heavy GST on local commodities, sugar is being sold at par with international market and ....

I am very optimistic about this national and I really salute them keeping in view their strength, flexibility and adaptability. National integration and concensus will come by if people see sincere govt. facilitating welfare of people.

Thanks for your view point.

Have a great day.
Thanks for the candid response. I submit here my humble request to look into the matter little deeper than what our ordinary vision can penetrate into. We need not to reinvent the wheel by mentioning and listing our problems in the fashion of a weeping suppliant. The problems are written on the wall which we see day in and day out. The military and civil bureaucracy that we have inherited from the British, was tailored-cut to serve the vested interest of the colonial master, and the legacy still lingering is aggravating our problems to the point of no return. The mimickery of the British parliamentary system that we keep on replicating, under the hallucination, that the same would prove as panacea to all our maladies is one thing which we would start repenting in the due course of our political development. The system which Britain has been practising since the early thirteen century, through its various phases of evolution, is no doubt, turned out to be one of the most greatest success stories. There was no harm that a nation after becoming independent, opted for the same system, but its failure poses many questions as to where it went wrong. The political parties are the bread and butter of every kind of republican constitution. In our case, instead of cherishing the democratic traditions within themselves, they were hijacked by the few blue eyed scions of the privileged. The military dictators who time and again attempted with great success to derail the democratic process, and the bureaucracy whose primary duty was to serve the people threw in its lot with them, and became the instrument of exploitation at a much larger scale. Thus the element of accountability which is the king-pin of good governance was nipped in the bud. Who can ask today as to where had they gone who while enjoying the numerous perks and benefits by virtue of their positions were brazenly negligent of the future energy needs of this country, and the Frankenstein of load-shedding is pushing us back to the stone-age. Who can fix the responsibility upon those demagogues whose erroneous policies opened up the safe heavens for the religious extremism and the innocent people are losing their lives and properties by the hand of a brainless terror? The answers to these questions lie simply in the system which guarantees the infallible process of accountability, strengthened with the genuine rule of law, whatever is its shape or form, doesn’t matter. Once the ruled enjoy the confidence of the ruling, and it is ensured that the sacred contract between the governed and the governing is established, the most vital objective of the national cohesion will imperceptibly be achieved.

Being a regular reader of Ayaz Amir, it would be quite unfair on my part not to acknowledge his excellence in dissecting the national politics with great precision and perspicuity. His article published on 14 April, 2006, under the caption "Problems of Pakistani horsemanship" deserves great applause indeed. The opening with Oliver's address to the Rump was interesting but not relevant to our part of the world. It is true that the struggle between the Cavaliers and the Roundheads gave birth to the ascendancy of the Puritans and the ouster of the Stuarts from the scene with the execution of Charles the first, but the law of diminishing was never applicable to the mindset of the British populace as far as monarchy and republicanism are concerned. The Long Parliament many a time convened and prorogued persisted and ultimately it was the army which terminated the civil war, restored democracy, and brought the Stuarts back to the throne. The lesson was so well learned that never again in the history of English people monarchy and the parliament confronted each other, and a peaceful coexistence of both till this time furnishes an excellent example of a political system that rules out even the necessity of a written constitution. The British Parliament aptly called as mother of all parliaments passed through numerous stages of evolution to reach at the present stage. Both the great political parties, Whig and the Tory, in the eighteenth century were not democratic the way democracy is defined and understood these days. Neither was prepared, according to G.W. Southgate, to undertake great social reforms, and both would have been appalled at the very suggestion of giving every man the right to vote. Promiscuous politicians and monarchs profligate, have created difficult situations, and instances such as selling the country to a foreign power and asking her military support to suppress the rebellion at home are still fresh on the pages of history. The infamous treaty of Dover by which Charles the second had not only cast his country headlong into the French vassalage but also promised to profess as Roman Catholic and all out efforts to reverse the entire process of Reformation. Among the courtiers that constituted the most notorious cabal, Charles had persons like Sir William Temple, the first diplomatist of the West, architect of the Tripple Alliance and restorer of the national glory. The most powerful ministers who supported the ignominious rule of Charles the second and then of James the second, could not prevent the nation to speak out its will and the Tripple alliance prevailed upon the treaty of Dover. The coalition which brought England, Holland, and Sweden together against the French ascendancy was an occasion of great national joy and the Dutch connection was further cemented by Temple when he succeeded in marrying the daughter of the late Duchess of York to the prince William, the great stedtholder of the United Provinces. When James the second abdicated the throne and went to France never to set foot on the English soil, the nation exerted its strength through its Parliament by choosing Mary and prince William as legal heirs to the throne and their combined rule made England the most powerful nation of the world. So the law of diminishing never worked on the systems emanating from the general will of the nation, Of course, it does when the people themselves get oblivious of their own will.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old Tuesday, July 27, 2010
40th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 419

intelligentgal is on a distinguished road

It is true that democratic ideals failed to get themselves firmly established in the political as well as in social sphere of this country and our neigboure who got her independence just one day later than us, has succeeded in taking strides on the road of democracy and thus is aheading towards becoming regional giant by leaps and bounds, thanks to strong democratic traditions there. A lot has been said about the causes and effects of our weak democratic history and so now need is to focus over the remedies. The first thing we need is the mass awareness, realisation on the part of people that they have a stake and indeed a very heavy stake in the establishment and then in the smooth running of the democratic system and to ensure it they have to play their active part. other changes would follow as a matter of fact. French Revolution changed the entire system of France particularly and Europe generally where first time in the history of mankind, people had awaken to assert their rights and role. Though apparently things did not change drastically for a year but the process of reformation had taken roots there. same degree of self consciousness is required to shake our people, only then we would be able to put our feet on the road of prosperity and progress.