Saturday, April 27, 2024
01:25 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, March 20, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Take note of some facts before sensing out anything: Qadafi has already started his demagoguery of crusades, there are reports that scores of Libyan civilians are standing at key installations to provide human shields against an air strike, allies are doing aerial attacks at the time when loyalist forces are pushing the rebel forces back in ground offensives, and last but not least, the UNSC resolution was passed in absentia of two major powers China and Russia and now they are demanding a halt or receding in aerial attacks by allies.

Facts are there, sensible thinking goes for everyone ... Its a win win situation for the allies,, if the rebels win they will say it was due to our help, and if the case is otherwise, well Qadafi had already bowed down before them....

Pakistan Zindabaad will become famous soon enough

@Mani1
Quote:
Muslim Block? What Muslim block? At the risk of sounding overly harsh, please stop being delusional! I hope you know that some of the biggest Muslim countries (in terms of military power) have more friendly relations with Israel (Enemy no. 1 for us Pakistanis) than with Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.

What about Western Block?
Divergence of interest also exist in case of western block, but they are united against Muslim Countries.
unfortunately, OIC failed to protect interest of Muslim Countries only because of some Western agents(mostly Arab Dictators & self centered politicians),but it does not mean that Muslim Ummah does not exist?

NATO is there military alliance & Turkey is its part & Pakistan is Non-NATO ally of US . I think we lost more than what we gained.

Remember the principle,
"United we stand divided we fall"

Islam is not the religion of Rituals.
Iqbal said,
Nikal kay khan kahoon say
Ada ker rasm-e-shabiri

( Wake up & follow the Path of Hussain,the Lord of Martyrs)

Quote:
some of the biggest Muslim countries (in terms of military power)
Momin ho tu bay Taig bhee larta hai Sipahee...
( momin can fight without sword)

They invaded Afghanistan ,than destroyed Iraq,created hindrance in the resolution of Palestine & Kashmir issue, banned scarf in France ,Made caricature of Prophet(SAWW) in the name of Freedom ,yet we consider them our Friend.

I know, Diplomacy is an art of saying "nice doggie" unless you find a rock.
Muslim Block can use oil as a rock as it used in 1973.Iran shifted its trade from Dollar ,than why not other Oil rich Muslim Countries?

I think you will be aware of the principle of "Collective Bargaining".

Western Block is pursuing the policy of divide & rule.
Islam Opposes sectarian,ethnic, regional & all kinds of other divisions.

Western Agents( Arab Dictators & Corrupt Politicians) will Inshah Allah ,lick the dust.
Inshah Allah, the day is very near ,when Muslim Ummah will rule the world.

I am optimist about the future of Muslim Ummah.

Muslim Unity Zindabaad!
Pakistan Zindabaad!

Mazharali is on a distinguished road
Post After Qadafi

I completely agree with your arguments but think over it that what results dug out in the name oft revolution in Egypt, Tunisia and where such change brought? Of course nothing but only change of faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad Qaisrani View Post
For once can anybody here talk some sense? I mean its ok for all those bashing the west here that a crappy dictator such as Qaddafi kills, rather massacres his own people, whose only fault happens to be demanding their innate right to choose their rulers for themselves, but its wrong for the west to stop him from doing so? What are your standards for God's sake?

Try to begin thinking as a human, not as a delusional fundamentalist minded bigot. Have a heart.

By the way, hope the allies' efforts help the Libyans get rid of this Qaddafi tyrant.
Quote:
Try to begin thinking as a human, not as a delusional fundamentalist minded bigot. Have a heart.

By the way, hope the allies' efforts help the Libyans get rid of this Qaddafi tyrant.
Why these allies are silent in case of Bahrain. Why they are not opposing "No-protest zone" in Bahrain.I think you will be aware of fall of "Pearl Square" by Pro-western Bahraini Royal family & Foreign Intervention of Saudi Arabia in Bahrain & use of Violent force against non-violent anti-government Bahraini protesters .

Western Countries are silent Because Bahrain is a base of 5th US Fleet.
Saudi Arabia & Bahrain are western allies too

Libya exports oil to Europe formerly oil refineries were owned by British & French governments.

I am not supporting Qadafi

galaxy queen is on a distinguished road

what is meant by no-fly zone?
someone plz elaborate

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy queen View Post
what is meant by no-fly zone?
someone plz elaborate
No-fly zone means "air space where no aircraft can fly"
Old Monday, March 21, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistan Zindabaad View Post
@Mani1

Divergence of interest also exist in case of western block, but they are united against Muslim Countries.
unfortunately, OIC failed to protect interest of Muslim Countries only because of some Western agents(mostly Arab Dictators & self centered politicians),but it does not mean that Muslim Ummah does not exist?

NATO is there military alliance & Turkey is its part & Pakistan is Non-NATO ally of US . I think we lost more than what we gained.

Remember the principle,

Iqbal said,
Ada ker rasm-e-shabiri

They invaded Afghanistan ,than destroyed Iraq,created hindrance in the resolution of Palestine & Kashmir issue, banned scarf in France ,Made caricature of Prophet(SAWW) in the name of Freedom ,yet we consider them our Friend.

Muslim Block can use oil as a rock as it used in 1973.Iran shifted its trade from Dollar ,than why not other Oil rich Muslim Countries?

Western Agents( Arab Dictators & Corrupt Politicians) will Inshah Allah ,lick the dust.

Muslim Unity Zindabaad!
Pakistan Zindabaad!
Lol Thanks for a good laugh!

Word of advice: Mend your own house before thinking of helping anyone else. History has shown that these very same muslim nations you talk about have been never helped us or have been contributed least. Just take a look at the recent floods Therefore yeah 180 millions Pakistanis couldn't care less how many Libyans die. Its not our problem

Btw I am expecting another 'feel good' speech from you. Don't disappoint me
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

The above comments carry their own weight and point to different worthy opinions. But hardly has anyone ANALYZED the specific interests of NATO states in Libya. Politics is less about official relations and more about ulterior motives- usually economic if we are to study the past. Not that I have personally come to a complete conclusion either, but my point is, Egyptian paramilitary forces had also clashed with the public with 100-150 being killed and their jets were also flying low over urban centers. Why Libya? It sounds too good to be true that the Arab world has suddenly 'woken up' to progress and in a sweeping chain of events, it encapsulates all the states! Wake up, and smell the coffee guys!

What for instance, is the problem with the Bahrainis? Its one of the most richest countries in the world with a per capita income of $38000. Pakistanis live on less than $1100, Indians on $3300, and China on $4500. So what is irking them? That they get to eat Puk cheese spread while their neighbor gets to eat Italian Parmeggiano? They get to drive a simple Honda Accord while the other guy drives around in Escelade? Hardly calls for a revolution. Jab pait bhara hua hota hai, toh koi sarak pe nahi nikalta larne marne ke liye. Unless someone is pulling the trigger.

Back to Libya, Gaddhafi had previously threatened to snatch away the oil excavation rights from US and Euro companies and give them to Asian ones. So Obama retaliated by threatening to impose sanctions on Libya- something the energy lobby opposed because it doesnt serve them well. They instead have a track record of riding on UN's back to arrive at solutions- which it skillfully did too by first imposing a No-fly zone. Of course no self-respecting state adheres to international pressure in domestic politics and Libya did the same although it overtly accepted the ceasefire solution. The Security Council then kicked in the 'collective security' tool which it caters to only selectively and ignores when it serves their purpose.

Oil and gas is just part of the deal, because Libya has only 2% of world's reserves. The big picture is that NATO has some sinister motives upcoming for the middle-east (what exactly, I cant tell accurately and that needs some more unfolding) and it involves a complete control of the region. Is it any wonder that all these states happen to surround Israel? Israel has always had plans for a greater Israel, which it wants to materialize in near future. All other dictators didnt pose too big of a nuisance. Gaddhafi did and then began the arm-twisting.
Given the above, it is intellectually fatal and naive to suggest that Pakistan has too many problems and need not worry about others. When will we start troubleshooting? When marauding armies stand at our gates? Or worse, that a US-triggered revolution happens to wreck havoc inside our territory.
The Following User Says Thank You to aphrodite For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Monday, March 21, 2011)

greenhorn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistan Zindabaad View Post
@Mani1

Remember the principle,

Iqbal said,
Ada ker rasm-e-shabiri

Muslim Unity Zindabaad!
Pakistan Zindabaad!
this made my day LOL
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 61

Khurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enoughKhurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enough

Wake me up the day when Muslim Ummah starts rulling the World
Saad Qaisrani (Monday, March 21, 2011)

Tags
america, libya, usa, war