Friday, May 17, 2024
04:31 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thanked 1,074 Times in 471 Posts
Ali Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

I applause the court's decision. Police Officer and officials are punished due to not performing their duty of protecting public. This punishment is a lesson and wake-up call for police department and a reminder for them that they are the protector and servants of public, not masters. When you administered such a brutal incidents then certainly you get back such things. Why their is a hue and cry over a punishing public servant for misconducts. Why we want to keep British legacy?

Generally, all public service institutions and specifically police department is keeping the legacy of British Raj. They are keeping the intrusive, extractive, compulsive and humiliating style of British government for this public. We need a plenty of these type of decisions to make public services realized that they are public servants not masters. Hats off to independent judiciary.
Arain007 (Wednesday, September 21, 2011), Bozdar Iqbal (Wednesday, September 21, 2011), Fading Glimpse (Wednesday, September 21, 2011), Fatima47 (Wednesday, September 21, 2011), game on (Wednesday, September 21, 2011), Raz (Wednesday, September 21, 2011)
40th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason:

Suman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the rough

The role of judiciary and media is controversial.i don't call it independence of judiciary when it takes sou moto notice of mainly those cases which are highlighted by media or politically motivated cases.infact media has made it difficult for puplic servants to perform their duties freely.they are living in fear that they can be held responsible even for performing their duties.main ne tu logoan ko yeh bhi kehte suna hai k agar media kisi k peche par jaaey tu usay barbad ker k chorti hai.not only policemen but also doctors are reluctant to perform their duties in casualty wards because if any patient dies of natural cause doctors will be blamed for negligence and then their whole career will be at stake.it is rightly said that this is age of media because people believe whatever media propagates whether right or wrong.

even if two brothers were criminals they should have been brought to justice by courts but this did not happen.why people resort to mob justice? because they have no hope in institutions.they know that if culprits were arrested they would be released after a short period by judiciary due to LACK OF EVIDENCE.there exist proper mechanism for every thing but unfortunately no one follow it.i don't see any improvement in role of judiciary.what benefit it had provided to common man?it cannot be called independent after deciding some political cases.

Fatima47 has a spectacular aura aboutFatima47 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVOLUTION GEEK View Post
@ Fatima47

Please don’t try to mince words here! Try to give a concerted definition of the phrase, “Self-defence”. All this started with the issue of self-defence when these two culprit bros. tried to kill the villagers on the petty issue of Cricket match. Although, according to another version, these brothers were killed because of their habitual peccadillos. So whatever the reason was these brothers were not innocent by any means. They were habitual criminals that ought to be punished, but this doesn’t mean that I am favouring the “lynch law”.
And where was it that I was trying to mince words?

PPC does not define right of private defence, but the limitations tell us more than enough. There is no right of private defence while there is time to recourse to the protection of public authorities (Sec 199). The right does not extend to causing more harm than necessary (Sec 199). Right of private defence of body and property commence as soon as the apprehension arises and continues till that apprehension continues (Sec 103 and 104).

I told you crux of a few sections just to let you know that the case was never one of self defence. If you are not a proponent of public lynching then you shouldnt have any problem with the verdict. Yes, few things need to be answerd and I am sure the complete verdict will reveal everything but still, it was a good step.

Quote:
I just wanted to say that the punishment which was meted to the DPO is the evident of the parochial mindset of subordinate judiciary and this three years of imprisonment of a PSP officer is not justifiable, in this case, by any mean. That judge has simply guillotined the future of an illustrious officer. My father is a senior judge and I have also served in government so I know what these people think about PSPs and DMGs. During their private gatherings; judges, especially the judges of subordinate judiciary, simple make fun of CSPs and their oft-quoted remarks are like:

PHP Code:
“Dekha kaisa maza chakhayaApnay aap ko bara DPO/DCO smjhta haiJudiciary ke samnay koi kuch nhiMain ne use court room mainwakeeloon ke samnay bari jhar pilaye aur phir retiring room main chai bhi nhi pooche” 
Even most of the senior judges are also subscribing to the view that the punishment given to the DPO and the rest of the police officers is simple a“politically and personally exaggerated” decision, based on the demand of the media and the need of smouldering the inner passions of the judicial officers.
I havent heard any senior Judge talking against the punishment that was awarded to the DPO. Plus, why most of the people over here just have a problem with the impriosnment awarded to DPO? What about the lower ranks of police?

Quote:
The pay and perks of a junior most judicial office is more than a grade 19 DMG officer, but I can’t understand why these people still hate CSPs??
It might be the same reason for which most of the CSPs are against military and love razzing it all the time, lol. Dont take it as a pinch of salt, lighten up.

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

An excellent decision.

one should wait at least for the detailed decision of the case by the court before calling it a politically motivated decision or criticising it.
Fatima47 (Wednesday, September 21, 2011), game on (Wednesday, September 21, 2011)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Great Decision . Allah bless you Judge
game on (Wednesday, September 21, 2011)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,010 Posts
Shooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud of

Just want to know about the status of DPO after this decision.
Can he resume his job after 3 years or is he gone forever?

Antalpur is on a distinguished road

Justice has been served regardless of ''brothers" being convicts or not, this is what happen when people take law into their hands.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antalpur For This Useful Post:

SARFRAZ KHAN SIAL is on a distinguished road

DPO k pass poray district ka charge hota hy wo koi jin tu hy nhi k har waqt har jaga maujood rhay....agr DPO ko is liye punish kia gya k ye waqaya us k area mn hua and he is resposible....tu i think wat about giving punishment to interior minister and even to prime minister..
The Following User Says Thank You to SARFRAZ KHAN SIAL For This Useful Post:

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingstar View Post
Just want to know about the status of DPO after this decision.
Can he resume his job after 3 years or is he gone forever?
NO,he cannot resume his job after the imprisonment.but the decision is likely to be reversed after the appeal in high court as it happens usually in such cases.

there are very few examples in PAK where officers of such level were sentenced.
Shooting Star (Wednesday, September 21, 2011)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 12715

game on will become famous soon enoughgame on will become famous soon enough
Default taking the judgement on its face value!

first things first, i would like to second court's decision!

secondly, had court set criminals(i would include dpo too) free, the same members, who are criticising this decision, would have been critical of that too.

lets discuss dpo delimma as one august member of this forum is really feeling the heat!

is dpo innocent????

absolutely not! because he was present at the place where criminals were on a lynching-spree....he was acting like an ordinary person spectating the brutal killing of two bros ignoring the fact that he was dpo n is supposed to uphold rule of law n take action or atleast should try to stop the lynchers from carrying on that murderous act, if not anything else...i wonder why some of the members are saying that dpo could not have done anything but what he actually did, i.e. merely beholding the bros lynched to death! this is farce! even matter did not end there. afterwards, the death bodies were dafamed in a highly uncivilized manner...no action taken!

let me say that if dpo cannot handle a few violaters, then he should stay home n take care of his biwi-bachay!

n those who are casting aspersions on the intentions of the judges who announced this judgement must hold on n let the law take its course....
Faisal86 (Wednesday, September 21, 2011), Raz (Wednesday, September 21, 2011)