Saturday, April 27, 2024
04:22 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 12715

game on will become famous soon enoughgame on will become famous soon enough
Default violence!......

The situation in karachi is precarious. true..we all know this..only solutions, we must discuss.
This is primarily political. And political elements are involved in it. So, the solution has to be political. Primarily, the solution can be n only will be found on the dialogue table(AMONG POLITICAL STAKEHOLDERS), rather than on the streets(CALLING ARMY OR RANGERS). These political parties must sit n sort out their differences in a realistic manner.
Now, what would make these parties sit n sort out?
Public pressure is most needed here. And this pressure should not only come from the people of Karachi but from 18o million residents of Pakistan. After-all,Karachi does not belong to Karachiites only. Public pressure should be supported by media. N mind you!, never under-estimate this public power. The same helped restore chief justice n ousted musharraf, a military dictator. The same pressure helped ousted AYUB khan, a military dictator....
Lets get togther n project our our power to restore peace for good.
Banned

nisha cute is on a distinguished road

The recent spate of target killings has created a lot of fear among the masses.To me it seems that no foreign hand is involved and no one is abetting this heinous crime. The responsibility falls on the shoulders of the fundamentalists and the so-called mullas who are inciting one against the other. Shia sunni conflicts have emerged particularly after 2005 when taliban incurred into Pakistani borders.They have peeped through peshawar, balochistan and now karachi. kya hoga is mulk ka...

Neo[t] will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by student View Post
Is Army trained to fight its own people in the congested streets ? Do we have barracks made of intertwined paths that karachi city where soldiers drag their artillery and fight with animal spirit . Come on . . Be realistic , I hope you are well cognizant of the fact that for what purpose Army is ? I also assume that you know very well about the concrete lessons drawn in post army operation of 90's in this very city of Quaid .
Solution has to be political my bro . If holistic approach at quelling this menace is adopted by all stakeholders with on the board accountability , the dawn of peace will not be an elusive dream . Let's hope our leaders shed their prejudiced and narrow mindedness and think about only Pakistan .
I do agree that there should be a political solution of this issue but don't you think no politician is interested or won't be interested on this extremely serious matter? Politicians themselves are involved then whom would you select to solve this matter?
Leave 90's when the system of Army was totally changed and Generals were all around us. Now there is a legal Army who knows that how to treat the situation.
Do we have barracks made of intertwined paths on Eastern border, western border, Balochistan's insurgency and troubled areas where soldiers drag their artillery and fight with animal spirit? They manage and try hard to save their country from enemies.
PML(N) rules in Punjab,ANP in Karachi and FATA,MQM/PPP/Sunni tehreek/MMA in Karachi. All of them do whatever they want.
Which else political party is left who'll solve this issue?PML(Q), Tehreek-e-Insaf, Jamat-e-Islami or Sheikh Rasheed's PML(A)? Ahh leave it.
Table talk is a temporary solution of this if you think that table talk between appropriate political parties can solve this issue permanently.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisha cute View Post
. The responsibility falls on the shoulders of the fundamentalists and the so-called mullas who are inciting one against the other.
Mullhas are not responsible for this Massacre. Karachi is bleeding because there is battle going on among armed wings of major three parties. Each party wants to imprison this golden sparrow in its cage. Those who are in favor of Political solution of this problem would disappoint ultimately for there is no political WILL to chalk out any Grand Plan to bring about lost peace.

I am pissed out at our armed forces for their criminal silence over this burning issue. Our agencies must be knowing whereabouts of target killers, they should start targeted operation.

Support their operation & Let them roll some criminal heads & excoriate their skin.
game on (Tuesday, November 13, 2012), Malmeena Khan (Friday, November 16, 2012), Muhammad T S Awan (Tuesday, November 13, 2012), Neo[t] (Tuesday, November 13, 2012)
40th CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 664

striver will become famous soon enoughstriver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Mullhas are not responsible for this Massacre. Karachi is bleeding because there is battle going on among armed wings of major three parties. Each party wants to imprison this golden sparrow in its cage. Those who are in favor of Political solution of this problem would disappoint ultimately for there is no political WILL to chalk out any Grand Plan to bring about lost peace.

I am pissed out at our armed forces for their criminal silence over this burning issue. Our agencies must be knowing whereabouts of target killers, they should start targeted operation.

Support their operation & Let them roll some criminal heads & excoriate their skin.
Is whats happening in Karachi really a political war or a sectarian war? or the trail of the two has become so intertwined that they have become indiscernible? Just pick up the newspaper and try to find the parties that the victims of terror belonged to and you will know the answer to the above question yourself.

We must atleast now embrace the fact that someone has let loose upon us (Pakistan) the plague of so-called Taliban (irrespective of whether it is a self-inflicted wound).

How long can we turn our backs to what has been happening in Balochistan to Hazara community on daily basis? Number of hazaras dying everyday. Does that have any political motive too?

Or what has happened in the northern areas; though the episode need not be reproduced in this post.

How can we fight the enemy which we can not discern? Or in this case, we can but don't want to. Let us not be carried away by emotions and think of a pragmatic solution on practical lines.
The Following User Says Thank You to striver For This Useful Post:
game on (Tuesday, November 13, 2012)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo[t] View Post
Not only politics is involved in this issue,some kind of other force is working behind this. You can see that even other working Departments of the country don't take action against this issue and till date,i haven't seen anyone to raise his voice.
What is the other force wroking behind this?? what do you think???

Nope, army is not the solution. Should not engage army in any x, y and z things.. And army cannot fully resolve the issue either...

Quote:
Squeeze three AAA - Asif, Altaf & Asfandyar.City will back to its lights otherwise next to impossible.
hmm, but who will squeeze them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by student View Post
Solution has to be political my bro . If holistic approach at quelling this menace is adopted by all stakeholders with on the board accountability , the dawn of peace will not be an elusive dream . Let's hope our leaders shed their prejudiced and narrow mindedness and think about only Pakistan .
Regretfully, there is no political solution, politics have lead this city from bad to worse and there remained lot of discussions for political solution over last many years, but all in vain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by game on View Post
The situation in karachi is precarious. true..we all know this..only solutions, we must discuss.
This is primarily political. And political elements are involved in it. So, the solution has to be political. Primarily, the solution can be n only will be found on the dialogue table(AMONG POLITICAL STAKEHOLDERS), rather than on the streets(CALLING ARMY OR RANGERS). These political parties must sit n sort out their differences in a realistic manner.
Now, what would make these parties sit n sort out?
Public pressure is most needed here. And this pressure should not only come from the people of Karachi but from 18o million residents of Pakistan. After-all,Karachi does not belong to Karachiites only. Public pressure should be supported by media. N mind you!, never under-estimate this public power. The same helped restore chief justice n ousted musharraf, a military dictator. The same pressure helped ousted AYUB khan, a military dictator....
Lets get togther n project our our power to restore peace for good.
Public pressure cannot do anything here, fear is having more drastic and devastating impact on the poor and weak minds thn their self conscious.

Quote:
Karachi is bleeding because there is battle going on among armed wings of major three parties. Each party wants to imprison this golden sparrow in its cage.

Yes this is a power game, with major chunk of MQM, followed by PPP. Agencies are part of government, there was lot of hue and cry in newspapers in mid of 2010, when Zulfiqar Mirza had clamoured for screwing the hositle/harsh elements at Karachi and the result was a political discussion and stoppage of that exercise by some government's organizations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by striver View Post
Is whats happening in Karachi really a political war or a sectarian war? or the trail of the two has become so intertwined that they have become indiscernible? Just pick up the newspaper and try to find the parties that the victims of terror belonged to and you will know the answer to the above question yourself.

We must atleast now embrace the fact that someone has let loose upon us (Pakistan) the plague of so-called Taliban (irrespective of whether it is a self-inflicted wound).
Yes secterianism, political rivalry, ethnic rivalry are interwined at Karachi, but moreso it is a power game, between major players of the city for controlling it....

In my thinking the solution may be of course a detailed and directed operation by some specialized forces, may be police commandoes lead by intelligenc agncies, but in current scenario it is not possible because there is no political will. Major power player i.e. MQM and PPP and ANP all are sitting in power corridors and their top leadership is least concerned for killing of poor, common people..... ... There will be more bloodshed /killing sprees in coming election campaigns........................
Invincible (Thursday, November 15, 2012)
Old Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 12715

game on will become famous soon enoughgame on will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad T S Awan View Post

Nope, army is not the solution. Should not engage army in any x, y and z things.. And army cannot fully resolve the issue either...

hmm, but who will squeeze them.

Regretfully, there is no political solution, politics have lead this city from bad to worse and there remained lot of discussions for political solution over last many years, but all in vain.

Public pressure cannot do anything here, fear is having more drastic and devastating impact on the poor and weak minds thn their self conscious.

Yes this is a power game, with major chunk of MQM, followed by PPP. Agencies are part of government, there was lot of hue and cry in newspapers in mid of 2010, when Zulfiqar Mirza had clamoured for screwing the hositle/harsh elements at Karachi and the result was a political discussion and stoppage of that exercise by some government's organizations....

Yes secterianism, political rivalry, ethnic rivalry are interwined at Karachi, but moreso it is a power game, between major players of the city for controlling it....

In my thinking the solution may be of course a detailed and directed operation by some specialized forces, may be police commandoes lead by intelligenc agncies, but in current scenario it is not possible because there is no political will. Major power player i.e. MQM and PPP and ANP all are sitting in power corridors and their top leadership is least concerned for killing of poor, common people..... ... There will be more bloodshed /killing sprees in coming election campaigns........................

Public pressure can work if exerted forcefully. Fear is nothing but a state of mind. N we have to overcome it to restore peace. Otherwise, i would recall that famous poem........

When they killed the youngster I didn't help him because I didn't know him.
When they killed the young knight I didn't help him because I had not much in common with that guy.
When they killed the local hero I didn't help him because it was his business, not mine.
When they killed the monk, who just lived to help others, I didn't help him because he should have been more warily.
When they killed my friend I didn't help him because I thought I should not risk my life for him.
When they killed my brother I didn't help him because I hoped they would at least spare me for not interfering with their business.
When they killed me, there was no one left alive who could help me.

SO.....public must act now!......
Old Thursday, November 15, 2012

Neo[t] will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad T S Awan View Post

Well according to me, the reason of current situation of Karachi is a political fight between different political parties + a third party is involved in this issue(don't know whether some agencies or any kind of other powers are involved also). I do agree that army won't resolve this issue completely but it will much lower damages and these type of incidents happening here. I do agree that we should try to avoid army in these type of matters but there isn't another option that we can avail for our city right now. As I mentioned above that we tried police, we tried rangers and we have tried political unity between all parties, did we found the solution? No, we didn't.
Old Thursday, November 15, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
I dont need to read newspaper to find out Truth that I have been seeing for years. In the last 12 months over 1800 individuals have been murdered in sporadic firing. This game is all about 'Occupy Karachi' like riots 'Occupy Wall Street' but difference between two is mens rea.

Quote:
How long can we turn our backs to what has been happening in Balochistan to Hazara community on daily basis? Number of hazaras dying everyday. Does that have any political motive too?

Or what has happened in the northern areas; though the episode need not be reproduced in this post.
An apple should be compared with an apple. Karachi is an Economic hub of this country hence different game, different dynamics.

Quote:
How can we fight the enemy which we can not discern? Or in this case, we can but don't want to. Let us not be carried away by emotions and think of a pragmatic solution on practical lines.
Where there is a WILL, there is a way. Our all institutions need to be sincere to douse this fire before it burns skins of more innocents.

Old Friday, November 16, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by game on View Post
Public pressure can work if exerted forcefully. Fear is nothing but a state of mind. N we have to overcome it to restore peace. Otherwise, i would recall that famous poem........

When they killed the youngster I didn't help him because I didn't know him.
When they killed the young knight I didn't help him because I had not much in common with that guy.
When they killed the local hero I didn't help him because it was his business, not mine.
When they killed the monk, who just lived to help others, I didn't help him because he should have been more warily.
When they killed my friend I didn't help him because I thought I should not risk my life for him.
When they killed my brother I didn't help him because I hoped they would at least spare me for not interfering with their business.
When they killed me, there was no one left alive who could help me.

SO.....public must act now!......
Nope, realistically speaking, there will not be any public pressure and people will never come on roads etc, because when they killed the youngster, young knight, local hero, monk, friend etc I didn't help him because I am sure that they will kill me, kill my sibling or kill my family. When they kill my brother/sibling I couldnt do anything because I am so helpless that they will kill me or my other brothers/sisters or my brothers family next day and their should be at least somebody to look after the families..... Its a hard fact my dear. A bitter truth.......... I can /will fight for my brother, for my friends and people, but i cannot fight if i have old parents, ladies and children at home....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo[t] View Post
Well according to me, the reason of current situation of Karachi is a political fight between different political parties + a third party is involved in this issue(don't know whether some agencies or any kind of other powers are involved also). I do agree that army won't resolve this issue completely but it will much lower damages and these type of incidents happening here. I do agree that we should try to avoid army in these type of matters but there isn't another option that we can avail for our city right now. As I mentioned above that we tried police, we tried rangers and we have tried political unity between all parties, did we found the solution? No, we didn't.
Third party! A big question mark on this notion... Army is no solution. A coordinated/joint force of rangers, police commandoes and intelligence community is the solution. Rangers and police etc cannot do anything, because they are stopped by the topheads to do anything.

Quote:
Where there is a WILL, there is a way. Our all institutions need to be sincere to douse this fire before it burns skins of more innocents.
Maintaince of law and order is the responsiblity of state/government.......... Of course, issue is of will, there is no will, because major/key players are sitting in power corridors (and they always remain in power corridor because successive government deem that they are the key for peace at Karachi but in fact they are the real butchers.... Of late, the MQM leader issued a statement that the government should resign because they are unable to bring peace at Karachi, somebody might go to tell him that he is the part of government :P

Solution : Patriotic hawks lead by eagles (state machinery in uniforms and non-uniforms) are required to be let loose in the sky to hunt moles, mice, rats and scavanging vultures and crows . I am sure there will be many such hawks and eagles waiting for such permission...

*Instead of ''Rangers and police etc cannot do anything, because they are stopped by the topheads to do anything.'' It may be read as ''At this point of time, Rangers and Police cannot do anything , because they are stopped by the topheads....''

Last edited by Amna; Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: chain posts