Friday, April 26, 2024
08:44 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: Is Pakistan in need of President General Pervez Musharraf?
Tes 39 31.45%
No 80 64.52%
Don't Know 5 4.03%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, January 11, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

Quote:
can you name few who became terrorists/extremists after studying the old syllabi ???
Well how can I? But this is what Musharraf thinks. I am also of the opine that one should not kill the history of our elders but Musharraf must have rationales to justify what he is takling about. Well the people of Balochistan are co-operating with terrosists in a sense so may be he thik that we should not produce extremists in this way.

Khyber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well the people of Balochistan are co-operating with terrosists in a sense so may be he thik that we should not produce extremists in this way.
if he refers to Bugti then he was Oxford Qualified and rest of his followers have hardly been in schools or colleges because most of them were kept in arrogance. I've also heard that a new syllabus of Holy Quran consisting of 40 paras was said to be effectuated ???

aftableo is on a distinguished road

Indeed,Indeed ,Pakistan needs the charismatic leadership of President Musharraf.After his assuming power pakistan is really on the way to progress and prosperity.

We need to support him and his allies if we want our beloved land to progress.

Thnxxxxxxxxxxxx
Banned

Mazher is on a distinguished road

Indeed,Indeed ,Pakistan needs the charismatic leadership of President Musharraf.After his assuming power pakistan is really on the way to progress and prosperity.

dear can u explain?
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazher
Infact this question consists of 2 parts:

(1) Should Pakistan's President b a General?

Pakistan dont need a General President. A well qualified and trained individual can hold the system of a country like a common practice all over the world.

Quote:
(2) Is Musharraf good as President as well as a General?
Musharraf is a good President as well as a General, but there are so many arguments that make his impression as an incapable leader.

Some of them are:
  • High Inflation rate
  • Poor rating of Pakistan in Transperency International Report
  • Increase in boundry line standard of living (those who are living below the level of poverty)
  • Problems of Provincial Autonomy (Balochistan came to the position of Bengal)
  • High rate of lawlessness in the country.

Although you can justify some of them by saying that it is well dealt by him but still problems are lingering. We cannot overlook the contributions he made to the country and its image but still common ppl of Pakistan are suffering.

So you can say he is 50%, 50% for Pakistan.

I think if he throw away his army uniform then he can hold the reins of government. His uniform is the matter of contreversy and the most objectionable thing about him.

Problems and issues were there in the past and are still alive. We cannot change things just like that it will take time because there is unequal distribution of resources, poverty, low literacy rate, lack of awareness, low GDP, high inflation, etc.

These sort o issues can be resolved by appropriae planning. He has done it to an extent but still he need to do a lot. May be we give him chance to do so, he would probably do that.

Regards,

Quote:
Musharraf is a shrewd man. He knows what to do at what time. His timely actions have saved Pakistan in many ways. There are many examples which can be cited but right now the query is different.

Well we need his charismatic leadership which he can only explore if we give him another chance to stay in the government affairs. Wel it is not possible if he is not throwig away is uniform, that is the point. We want democracy, he can appease us only if he proves that he can explore the true picture of democracy in Pakistan.

His 7 years rule has been proved that albeit he preffered the army men all aroud but still he has done a lot for civilians. We all need to admit this reality. He has bottled the genei of countless issues in Pakistan.

He can do better than what he is doing at the very moment but it is up to him that how much he is gonna explore his dextrities before all.

Rgards,

CsS gUiTaRiSt is on a distinguished road

nobody iz perfect so y do we expect frm musharaf govt to be perfect.. I think we need a uniform president for a time being..

as we all know the past govts their efforts towards poverty elevation , stability ,prosperity etc..

if we go to some past we can know y pakistan is in need of musharaf .. before this govt internet waz not common but it waz very rare..
we were stick to ptv nd stn..
our youth had no broad vision nd we were just dependent on the newspaper nd the khabarnama shown on ptv...and this is true every govt misguided ppl regarding to the condition of country...khabarnama waz broadcasted according to the government policy or u can say wish..I can say that policy a censor board..

there were no debates no discussions nd the ppl were left in dark..

wat these dayz we r criticizing is a right thing but I add something that all these points were present before this govt more than today but we were just unaware..we were reaally sooo much behind frm the developed countries..

so now , a general came wid full power and authority but iz really not dictating the country but trying to make this country full of corrupt ppl ,right..but the corruption has already spreads so much in the roots of this country that it will take some time to get normal..due to da condition of country a dictation is needed to some extent in da favour of our homeland..this man has made da media free,iz listening to every criticizm nd answering it very calmly..he iz not threatning anybody,every political party is free more than a civil govt..opposition is on media 24 hrs,expressing their veiws against govt..this is not a dictation for personal ego but for our favour..

y we need uniform is cz institutions like poice,ptcl,railwayz etc etc r full of corrruption. these ppl are corrupted to there roots so they can get right if there are some bīg eyes upon them forcing them to go right untill a fool proof system is ready to implement...

we can see our main institutions coming out of loss like railways wapda ptcl ,stock etc ... soo this iz a bigning not the end.. as we all knows no govt waz able to start building dams cz that's wat india don't want..so we can see wats going on here in pakistan..

if we say that poverty has risen than I can see a sabzi farosh wid cell phone talking..is this an example of povert but we hve soo many things around us now that our expenditures are high..

prices alwayz rise wid the passage of time never falls.. I often listened frm my grand pa hamarey zamaney mein too desi ghi 5 rs kilo hota tha..

I suggest ppl to compare prices of daily use commodities with other countries..its not more than them..petrol prices r high cz international price of oil is rising..

some illegal storage of daily commodities lik wheat vegitables should be controlled..But these are small issues..

ill end wid saying that its not possible for civil govt to produce such results in current conditions.. thanx God musharaf iz doing right to country nd nobody can stop him nd that's y ppl who don't wat evelopment here can't do any thing...

REGARDS
Old Friday, January 12, 2007
Banned

@ css guitarist

really seems n feels pleasure of ur talkings....

I m much agreed but little excused argumentd:

we were stick to ptv nd stn..

agreed

u r right about Electronic-Media expansion

Quote:
so now , a general came wid full power and authority but iz really not dictating the country but trying to make this country full of corrupt ppl ,right..but the corruption has already spreads so much in the roots of this country that it will take some time to get normal..due to da condition of country a dictation is needed to some extent in da favour of our homeland..this man has made da media free,iz listening to every criticizm nd answering it very calmly..he iz not threatning anybody,every political party is free more than a civil govt..opposition is on media 24 hrs,expressing their veiws against govt..this is not a dictation for personal ego but for our favour..
I challenge ur statement.... word Mega corruption has been introduced by current President General's reign.
(1) Steal mill of 150 Arab was sold in 23 Arab (Supreme Court Report)

(2) Habib Bank was sold in 200 million by Govt and .....Union bank was bought by Standard Chartered in 500 million.

(3) Transparancy International Report ranked pakistan 144th in 154 countries. <corruption rate was 1.43 % in Z.A Bhutto's period(the lowest in Pakistan ever) now in Musharraf's period (2002-Date) is 67 %>

Quote:
y we need uniform is cz institutions like poice,ptcl,railwayz etc etc r full of corrruption. these ppl are corrupted to there roots so they can get right if there are some bīg eyes upon them forcing them to go right untill a fool proof system is ready to implement...
attitude comes 4m top towards bottom. Uniform has tore n ruined the constitution. Wat an illogical expectation 4m such institution 2 implement the law n order. hahahahahaha

Quote:
if we say that poverty has risen than I can see a sabzi farosh wid cell phone talking..is this an example of povert but we hve soo many things around us now that our expenditures are high..

u r little bit right but u r also seeing economy based on consumption like Ron Morgeau's Newsweek who claimed that " In Pakistan, middle class is in festive mood. poverty pole has reduced. economy has stood on firm grounds"

The same situation was in Maxico in 1994 which was collapsed within a year.

Dear......

Economy is said 2 b established on firm basis/ground when it is based on "Investment" not "consumption"
v support this flau by un-necessary usage of such things like mobiles but this is not example 2 b quoted in favor of Poverty-Reduction.

(1) Actually Islamabad is not willing to listen and negotiate with leading economists of Pakistan on soft spots of Economy.

(2) Statistical data of govt is in-accurate.

( by Shahid Javed Burki)

Quote:
I suggest ppl to compare prices of daily use commodities with other countries..its not more than them..petrol prices r high cz international price of oil is rising..

I am assuring you to giv u facual account that

inflation is increased 300 % from oct 99.
Price of Petrol is (equivalent to) PRs 25 per liter in US

Quote:
some illegal storage of daily commodities lik wheat vegitables should be controlled..But these are small issues..

who will stop these illegal storages?
who was responsible of Sugar scandel?

The best administrator Umar (RA) said that:
"There r following 6 basic rights of every person of state whose provision and providing-assurance is responsibility of the state:

1) Roti
2) Kapda
3) Makan
4) sehat
5) taa-leem
6) Insaaf

now i m telling you the reson of less corruption in ZA Bhutto's period coz he tried 2 provide above basic rights of citizens
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazher For This Useful Post:
Abdul Wahid (Sunday, December 09, 2007)
Old Friday, January 12, 2007
Banned

Quote:
Jahan-e-taza ki afkar-e-taza say hay namood
k sang-o-khisht say hotay nahin jahan peda

I think this is the most important question of the day of Pakistan which should be discussed in this forum but on intellectual basis not illogical mannaer
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazher For This Useful Post:
Abdul Wahid (Sunday, December 09, 2007)