Sunday, April 28, 2024
10:08 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, May 05, 2013

Amin ul islam is on a distinguished road

i think all the concerns mention above are worthy but as far as i know. Jirgas are the most efficient and most effective syestem prevailing in our society and i really appreciate IK for this. i am having no knowledge about panchayts. As i belong tribal belt and seen many jirgas they are far more better then our judicial system. The cases of Mukhtara Mai and many others doesnt mean that the system is faulty. AS in many cases our judiciary has done this as in case of bhutto and also supporting the Dictator. and they are doing now. so i think the idea of solving the local and personel problems through jirgas is a good idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amin ul islam For This Useful Post:
zedora (Sunday, May 05, 2013)
Old Sunday, May 05, 2013

emraankhattak will become famous soon enough

local government system is his strong point.jirga system is only for the tribal belt.it has been in working since centuries.if this system did some bad they also have some good norms like quick decision and justice at the door step. also please keep in mind that jirga systems even today prevail in England i will not quote India.
@bilal hassan
the job of the forces is to obey the policy of the civil government.
according to my beloved QUAID-E-AZAM.
"Do not forget that the armed forces are the servants of the people and you do not make national policy, it is we, the civilians, who decide these issues and it is your duty to carry out these tasks with which you are entrusted”. Quaid-e-Azam to Armed Forces, Aug 14, 1947.

at the end please leave this drama of frightening people that america ajaiga n tme kha jaiga.

if a country can not protect its sovereignty then what is the purpose of atom bomb?

economic dependence.

yes the 2% corrupt politicians, industrialist, beurocrats make the use of these loans and remaining 98% of population find it hard to survive the cost of life.

i will not stress on giving yours vote to someone as it is yous sole right.

regards
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emraankhattak For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Sunday, May 05, 2013), Syeda Bukhari (Sunday, May 05, 2013), zedora (Sunday, May 05, 2013)
Old Sunday, May 05, 2013
42nd CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 75

Syeda Bukhari is a jewel in the roughSyeda Bukhari is a jewel in the roughSyeda Bukhari is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilal Hassan View Post
what respectable ties my friend? would you elaborate that is there any respectable angle in Pak US ties? how and what???
I can't even imagine this reply. Certainly not but do you think it can't be???

Quote:
I have told you and gave enough substance to prove that PML (N) is relatively best if not in absolute terms....Punjab is the manifestation of what they have done.....[/COLOR][/B]
How much time more??? Haven't they took enough time to prove themselves??? Two terms!!!

Quote:
Buddy these are all your good wishes for your leader and party...not a logic you have given so i wish you luck.....The 11th May is not so far, PML (N) is going to win insha ALLAH, unfortunately your dream will never materialize.....Khan sb will definitely win on Social media and facebook
Alright first of all let me tell you i don't belong to any party but my vote is my responsibility towards my beloved country. Why are you going to vote for PML(N) only because you are sure it will win??? If no please give me logic why to vote for PML(N)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
He used the word Panchayat system and Jirga system in his public speeches again and again. Local government system is another issue here we are concerned about the revival of Jirga system. I am afraid if IK wins what would be our fate if it falls into the hands of Panchayats and Jirgas?
I have already elaborated this. Please think positive, positivity will come your way for sure.

Quote:
but i rationally think that PML (N) is relatively and practically a good option as they have the experience and team to tackle this situation.
Please elaborate the role of PML(N) as opposition in the recent tenure??? Now please don't tell me about Punjab only i already know that.

Last edited by Arain007; Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: merged
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Syeda Bukhari For This Useful Post:
Arain007 (Sunday, May 05, 2013), emraankhattak (Sunday, May 05, 2013), Invincible (Sunday, May 05, 2013), zedora (Sunday, May 05, 2013)
Old Sunday, May 05, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,265 Times in 674 Posts
VetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to all

At least we should give credit to IK for mobilizing youth in the field of politics, and if the turnout exceeds 40%, it will be due to IK.
We are not expecting any miracle due to conservative type politics in our country where educated people like Bilal Hassan are supporting PML-N despite their previous "performance" but one thing is clear, IK jolted the status quo of Pakistani politics.
He will sweep at least KPK InshaAllah.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VetDoctor For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Sunday, May 05, 2013), zedora (Tuesday, May 07, 2013)
Old Sunday, May 05, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

To those who are pro status quo.

On one hand you guys are hell bent upon admiring & adoring same tested crooks, on other hand your eyes are wet to see devastating condition of country. What is this?

This hypocrisy boils my blood.
Amna (Sunday, May 05, 2013), rishzzz (Sunday, May 05, 2013), VetDoctor (Sunday, May 05, 2013)
Old Sunday, May 05, 2013
PMS - S&GAD
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5865PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 43

rishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nice

@ Topic

IK's ideology is very simple to devolve the power at the very grass root level, selecting their own SHO, Local Govt Representatives and speedy justive via penchayats in villages is an essence of it. All over the world you will find the power at grass root level for best governance. Here in Pakistan MNAs and MPAs are elected who do not bother to interact and solve the problems of their constituency and take their cunk out of funds disbursed to them for compensating what they had invested in elections and for party tickets. This system must be changed. The only good things Musharraf had implemented was LGS which was not continued and ceased for the political interests of parties. Hence your question must be addressed by my point and any sort of misperception should now be corrected.

@ others

I have read in detail the manifestos and policies envisioned by all the parties and ultimately i found PTI the better alternative among the parties sloganeering. One must have eyes and ears to observe, judge, listen and read between the lines. Getting slapped again and again by the same man, shows your incapacity to retaliate or acceptance to his initiative of beating you. So is the case with people voting PML n and PPP. I do not say that PTI is perfect but one must find little time to read their researched policies which they developed and their homework which they have done for their upcoming govt whenever they got chances. PML n and PPP did not bother to brief people about their policies; economic, foreign, education and health.

I am sorry for PPP and those who keep on voting them despite their sever incompetence, moral and financial corruption and mismanagement. PML n atleast is far better than PPP as they are corrupt but considered competent. However we need honest and competent governement. Had PML n good team to form good edu, eco, health policies my vote could have never gone to any other party.
I am not ready to analyze PPP's performances of previous tenures and what they have lead in last five years, us k lye her roz KAMRAN KHAN GEO pe kaafi dair bolta hai wo kaafi he PPP k analysis k lye.

Let us analyze PML-N's performance with regards to our core issues (i.e., law and order, health, education, economic conditions (and hence employment), and lately the energy crisis during the last 5 years. Here, some may ask, why just PML-N and why not PPP; I would say:

1) Because most people do not have this positive perception about PPP; naturally as a result of PPP’s clearly obvious bad performance over the last five years 2) PPP is now a dead horse as far as Punjab (that constitutes 60% of Pakistan) is concerned.

So here we go:

Lets have an eye upon PML n's constant beating of drums for their performance;

Law and Order:

Crime rate has increased many folds for various heinous crimes such as murder, rape and robbery (ref: http://bos.gop.pk/?q=system/files/St..._book_2011.pdf) during the PML-N's rein in Punjab. Minorities were attacked repeatedly and law and order remained a joke throughout this time period while more than a thousand policemen were reportedly protecting the Sharif family only. And yes, no significant reforms in the police, lower judiciary or patwaar system at all (the Land Reforms Management Information System initiative by Mr. Parvez Elahi is still not functional properly after a period of 5 years as this would have alienated the Patwaari Halqa that is used so heavily for jalsaas and also affects the vote bank).

Economy:

Tax to GDP ratio has dropped from 0.6% to 0.3% in Punjab. Agricultural Growth rate is at its lowest. And the Economic growth rate has dropped to less than 3% (one of the lowest in Pakistan’s history). In order to get a more detailed version on the deterioration of the state of economy in Punjab, I would like to refer you to this blog here by Adeel Ahmed:

http://www.insaf.pk/Media/InsafBlog/...in-Punjab.aspx

Health and Education:

About Health, instead of giving you any numbers, I would simply challenge you to come with me and visit General Hospital, Services Hospital or Meo Hospital in Lahore (I am not asking for Nishtar Hospital, Multan as that would be just too cruel of me) and you will come to know the disgusting reality on ground. Please note that I am not asking you either to go get treated in hospitals that are in small cities or towns (no, I am not that ruthless). And do you remember that the worst blunders of Pakistan's medical history (PIC, Holy Family Rats Incident, Cough Syrup Incident, Young Doctors debacle) all happened in Punjab.

About Education, Only 3 to 4 Danish schools are operational so far and a couple more are under way (the last time I checked). One Danish School only caters around 3000 students whereas millions of children are without schools and basic education in Punjab and those who have schools, the quality of education is Allah Masha Allah. So, if someone is so satisfied with PML-N government's performance in the field of education, he or she must visit a sarkaree school and get his or her child admitted there; well the fact is that even my maid won't do that; even her children study in a private school. I can give you more details but it would be better to refer you to a statistical and detailed analysis by Sania Gul in which she has successfully busted this myth of good performance in Punjab’s education sector:

http://www.insaf.pk/Media/InsafBlog/...Sania-Gul.aspx

The irony is that Metro's budget was almost equal to the total education budget of Punjab for FY12 (i.e. around 31 billion) and that of health was only 16 billion i.e. almost half of Metro. Now doesn’t this raise any common sense alarms in the minds of those who are advocating on PML-N’s great performance?

What has Metro Project Achieved? It has provided a good transport facility to a very small portion of Lahore (and a very - very small portion of Punjab). Why I cannot appreciate projects like Metro? Because, these are executed without any sense of prioritization at all (in order to reap some short-term political gains) at the cost of health, education, and other critical sectors.

In the light of facts and figures stated above, shall we appreciate PML-N for this marvel (in fact this is PML-N’s biggest election campaign stunt so far) that they have delivered in the last one month of their tenure; just to make sure that something as tangible and fascinating as a luxury bus is visible to the commoners of Lahore, just before they go for a vote; without taking into account that PML-N has failed to address their core issues such as Health, Education, Energy, Rozgaar, Police, Patwaar, Law and Order, Sasta Agriculture, Sasta Insaaf and have instead focused on Sastee Rotee (for just two years and wasted billions of exchequers’ money), Laptops, Taxis and Metro Buses; and so that, they may vote for PML-N without thinking for a moment that where were these speedy projects before PTI emerged as a threat; why were the first four years of PML-N tenure not as flashy as this last one; why has PML-N suddenly started to focus so much on Youth and Youngsters (why not before October 30th 2011)?; The fact is that parties like PML-N and PPP have nothing to offer to the people of this country but gimmicks and shashkay-baazee and the very fact is that we as a nation have this great tendency and capacity to be deceived by such gimmicks again and again and again.

If Punjab has become a paradise with respect to health and education (the way these TV advertisements of Punjab Government tried to portray) then all these MPAs and MNAs must be sending their children to Government schools and they all must be getting treated in these government hospitals (and yes, Mr. Nawaz Sharif also must not be visiting London for his treatment since the medical facilities in Punjab are so up to the mark).

Energy Crisis:

Not even a single Megawatt was added to Punjab's grid although budgets were allocated twice (once in 2011 and the second time in 2012 naturally because it was Punjab Government’s responsibility after 18th amendment). The people of Punjab have suffered the most at the hands of this killing energy crisis and PML-N was equal partners in crime (with Mr. Zardari) for letting this happen to 60% of Pakistan. Again, I would like to refer you to a brilliant fact-sheet by Sayem Ali in which he has depicted how PML-N lead Punjab government failed to address this core issue:

http://magazine.thenews.com.pk/mag/m...=5027&magId=10

Conclusion:

These were the core issues that PNL-N was supposed to address; I haven't touched upon the legislation and the policy work that has been carried out in Punjab over the last five years which is actually one of the most important responsibilities of parliamentarians. You will not find anything to cherish upon there as well; except a couple of good things such as Freedom of Information Act just before the Assembly’s tenure was about to be over; a mere face saving effort but is appreciable anyway.

And lastly, there are many people who argue that because Punjab’s performance was better than rest of the provinces therefore we shall vote for PML-N. My take on that would be; yeah, that's right. And Punjab government’s performance could be better than Ethiopia, Rwanda and Somalia as well (though I even doubt that). What a comparison indeed! If the competition was between four incompetent Chief Ministers, Khadim-e-Aala may be less incompetent than the others but does this change the fact that he was incompetent after all (as he failed to address our core issues). See, this is where they have taken us as a nation; now our standard of measuring performance is lesser incompetence. What a shame indeed!

Waiting for point to point reply from all those who think PML n is better alternative than that of PTI....

@ Bilal Hassan

I really had thought you have a sound and rational approach towards things but i think you too have not read between the lines which was emergently needed and got impressed by BRIDGES, ROADS AND UNDERPASSES.....
Invincible (Monday, May 06, 2013), megamind (Monday, May 06, 2013), VetDoctor (Sunday, May 05, 2013), Waqar Afzal (Monday, May 06, 2013)
Old Sunday, May 05, 2013
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishzzz View Post

@ Bilal Hassan

I really had thought you have a sound and rational approach towards things but i think you too have not read between the lines which was emergently needed and got impressed by BRIDGES, ROADS AND UNDERPASSES.....
Rashid bro, i think i have very rationally given you the reasons in my earlier posts why PML (N) is best among all those options and i had said and i reiterate that PML (N) is relatively better as they have the experience as well as capability to get the country out of maelstrom of economic woes and social vicissitudes.....All these infrastructure projects have impacts far beyond than one can imagine, this has stimulated the economy and one perspicacious economist would know their impacts...

This is the land of the free and home of the brave, you can use your right of enfranchise to select anyone, as is seen on internet and in social media that people are vilifying the PML (N) and this is not something educated people do...this forum is no exception as this is also a Web 2.0 tool, i won't find many supporters here and nor do i want any.....

If rationale would always win then Socrates won't have to drink the cup of hemlock.....so you can support your leader.....i wish you and your leader luck in their endeavors.....

@ All reprimanding me.....
Yar all of you listen, i know you are the die hard fans of Imran Khan and i wish you luck.....i am more of jingoistic person than all of you can even think about to be.....i have given all the rationale and those who are the supporters of Khan sb will definitely get provoked but this indeed was not my purpose...so i am contrite if some is hurt, this was not my intention.....wish all of you luck.....you people are bent on killing me
Regards,
Old Sunday, May 05, 2013

emraankhattak will become famous soon enough

mr.bilal you are our dear fellow.every one has the right to contradict so are here.

you are talking about rationale and you would be pleased to know that nothing irrational was demonstrated here.

we are just contradicting that the vision of a leader should be of macro level not of micro level.

the job of leader is to build the nation not the roads, public toilets, overpasses and under passes.

our educated youth do not want taxis but want that they and their country should be treated with respect in the comity of nations.

i have studied foreign policy and my point is that the primary factor in a country's foreign policy is to keep intact its sovereignty.but if a nuclear power can not do it due to coward leadership then what is the need to spend billion dollars on these programme?

more over all respected members here have no personal grudges against any one including you.

regards and stay blessed.
Old Monday, May 06, 2013

I am to die is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Brother i acquiesce with you BUT i have something that you would like to consider...

Don't you think he is just swirling the blood of the uneducated masses with high sounding slogans? He is playing mere a demagogue, he is seeking the support of masses on the basis of emotion rather than logic and reason....

He says he will curb the inflation......HOW?????

There is a proper market mechanism that determines the prices of the commodities and if you mess with this automatic mechanism, things go awry.....If he keeps a price ceiling and interfere with the equilibrium than there would be seen many people demanding these low priced commodities but the vendors will only sell that much quantity that is below their Marginal cost and if it exceeds, they will simply stop the supply, they can't bear losses.....

He says that when i become Prime Minister, i will ask PAF to shot down the predator (drones).....HOW?????

I have been in PAF and i know they are not under any obligation to follow every senseless order of PM.....they would have shot it down way earlier if they deemed fit.....Khan sb living in fool's paradise.....if PAF does anything like that, their jets will follow us in hot pursuit and you know what will happen? our innocent people will be killed and where will we retaliate? In Afghanistan, killing our own Muslim brothers.....Americans are like dust in grains, too hard to find to be killed from an aircraft.....

He says that we will not take any command from America and i will make Pakistan a sovereign country....i ask HOW?????
US is a super power, they are present with their 27 allies in our neighborhood and you say that we won't follow anything.....Don't give me the example of Iran, there is perfect homogeneity, all are shias supporting their shiite govt...Don't tell me about North Korea and Afghanistan...they have nothing at stake......Japan is second largest economy and Americans have three major bases, Kuwait has a major base of Americans, South Korea has major presence of Americans on their soil......we have no such issue we are sovereign already..... Khan sb must be a realist not an idealist.....

Giving him a chance? You wanna have an experiment? this isn't a laboratory, this is the matter of a country for God sake.....we can't do experiments here...for experiments we need to have all factors remain constant.....No America in Afghanistan, Expanding economy, flourishing country...then we can give him a chance and do an experiment but not now.....
My dear Brother.With great respect I would like to remind you that many beneficial inventions in the history are the result of nothing than mistake.Let Pakistan be a laboratory this time and let us make one more mistake and wish for good result. Always hope for the best. I think is is good to be inside a laboratory then inside a dancing bar that Pakistan is at the moment.
Old Monday, May 06, 2013

aqeel awan is on a distinguished road
Default @Bilal hassan & ALI Mubashir

brothers after reading the whole debates i must clarify some points.. first of all no one is supporting IK for cwc 1992.. thats very immature thinking of anyone who thinks so.. we all know that Mr. Imran Khan has leadership guts.. he has struggled and worked hard for last 17 years to be in the political arena and to acheive a stable position as he has now.. and we are done with the corruption and looting gimmicks of so called other two parties who have ruled us for past 26 years with no vision whatsoever,.. we have been travelers of blind alley.. pakistan has been a country full of resources.. but alas!! poor governance carried away our good days.. and sorry to say.. if you people still vote for status quo parties .. you are equally responsible for the destruction and deterioration of our beloved country... sovereign nations have the courage to defend their national security.. again pity on our corrupt governments who never raised a clear voice to stop the Drones.. somebody asked how wil he stop drones and bring change.. let me say a word to you: " if your enemy knows you dont give a damn about your national sovereignty you will always be servants .. to change this attitude we have to speak against the ill with a clear voice and agenda.. " read current analysts of foreign policy.. alll are saying the v same words IK has been saying for last ten years.." he asks for no militancy.. in the end IK asks for local governments systems.. no harsh feelings for anyone.. after all its for our Pakistan...

Last edited by Amna; Monday, May 06, 2013 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Netspeak.