Monday, April 29, 2024
12:37 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, September 01, 2013

toqeer raza is on a distinguished road
Default share authentic and strong comments

should PAKISTAN grant MFN nation to India? also share your views regarding importing electricity from India to check power crisis in Pakistan .

Plz share your authentic and mature views for interviews.

thanks

Khuda hafiz

aniqa hashmi is on a distinguished road

definitely no because he theft our water and any blast, occurred in india, they blamed us for it so how can we give him MFN status?? further giving MFN status to India mean we are surrendering before him, we know very well both nations have many conflicts with each other from the start especially in religious matter And being a Islamic Nation we can't prefer hinduism .........
now come to energy, sorry to say but its so funny that India is continually taking our water, making Dams on it and now he is asking us for Energy....

cuteadi2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniqa hashmi View Post
definitely no because he theft our water and any blast, occurred in india, they blamed us for it so how can we give him MFN status?? further giving MFN status to India mean we are surrendering before him, we know very well both nations have many conflicts with each other from the start especially in religious matter And being a Islamic Nation we can't prefer hinduism .........
now come to energy, sorry to say but its so funny that India is continually taking our water, making Dams on it and now he is asking us for Energy....
Dear there is no compulsion on India to offer us energy, it is their goodness that they made such an offer. And if we talk about religion, then our religion do not teach us to enter in any kind of war, conflicts or rivalry. Infact Islam is a religion of peace.
The Following User Says Thank You to cuteadi2002 For This Useful Post:
idealsome (Monday, September 02, 2013)

Quote:
Dear there is no compulsion on India to offer us energy, it is their goodness that they made such an offer.
i second you its their goodness but i was just pointing out our carelessness

Quote:
And if we talk about religion, then our religion do not teach us to enter in any kind of war, conflicts or rivalry. Infact Islam is a religion of peace.
that's why PM Nawaz Sharif believe on dialogues

cuteadi2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniqa hashmi View Post
i second you its their goodness but i was just pointing out our carelessness

that's why PM Nawaz Sharif believe on dialogues
So why should one blame and punish for his carelessness to others.
Secondly dialogues is settlement of disputes which our religion suggest us.
Old Monday, September 02, 2013

islam teaches us peace but keep remember that Battle of Badr, Uhud and Khandaq were fought in islam
Old Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Neo[t] will become famous soon enough

Dear friends, It's not a matter of religion that You are dragging Islam or any other religion in this issue, the answer should be simple and topic wise.
I think We can choose this option to grant MFN nation to India but the best option We have in account right now is China but it depends on the Government whom they are going to support in this issue.
Old Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Quote:
I think We can choose this option to grant MFN nation to India
reason Neo[t
Old Wednesday, September 04, 2013

shtanzeel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toqeer raza View Post
should PAKISTAN grant MFN nation to India? also share your views regarding importing electricity from India to check power crisis in Pakistan .

thanks

Khuda hafiz
Why not Sir? If we can have cordial relations with USA, which is killing Pakistanis in drone attacks, then why not with India. Today rivals, of worst degree, even have best trade relations. See trade of China with USA, despite their ideological and other serious differences. Gone are the days of traditional antagonistic approach. Today we need to foster economic ties with India, even with Israel. The Arabs and other muslim Ummah, majority have terms with Israel even, its only we who are not leaving our stereotypical thinking.

Therefore, i shall fully endorse the posibility of India Pak free trade as well as granting MFN status to India.
Khadija Noor (Saturday, September 07, 2013)
Old Thursday, September 05, 2013
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by toqeer raza View Post

thanks

Khuda hafiz

_Granting MFN status is not an Option. Under WTO terms and conditions Pakistan is bound to grant MFN to India. Secondly India has given it to Pakistan in 1996 I believe (please counter check it).

First of all 1 misconception needs to be cleared. Granting MFN status does not mean that India will get some special treatment. MFN status only means that competitive opportunities for Indian and Pakistani manufacturers would be equal in both the markets equal to that enjoyed by other trade partners.

Now, the MFN can have the following effects:
(1) Indian imports will substitute items in Pakistan's import list (for example: the product X imported from Country Z will now be imported from India)
(2) The smuggled or channeled items through 3rd parties (UAE, Afghanistan) will be brought under legitimate trade (because it will be more profitable for the importers and allowed by the government. This trade is estimated at $10billion)
(3) The Indian Products may displace the domestic products

the first 2 cases are of no consequence to Pakistan but the 3rd one is. Even the 3rd one is a blessing in disguise. It will improve the operating efficiency of Pakistani industries (I understand they are facing many issues like energy crisis and all but believe me they are highly inefficient by international standards and that also adds to the product costs).

Furthermore, the WTO rules do allow countries to impose restrictions so Pakistan can exercise them easily. As a matter of fact, India is one of the highest exerciser of such restrictions to protect its local industries.

The issue is not whether MFN should be granted or not. The issue is that India and Pakistan need to work on the non-tariff barriers (delay in customs, strict restrictions on specifications etc. there are many non-tariff barriers), lack of adequate infrastructure for trade (roads, highways etc).

I am sorry, I am not equipped with any information about this recent decision to import electricity from India. So can't add any value to this query. Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
Khadija Noor (Saturday, September 07, 2013), Sarrial Banda (Saturday, September 07, 2013)