Saturday, April 27, 2024
03:35 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, February 03, 2014

BabarRehmanShah is on a distinguished road

Well I think you all are suggesting to operate against TTP "A heavy injection to our economy".
I'm not supporting TTP, but in order to restore law and order, we have to compromise. That's the only way to develop. Otherwise Pakhtoon nation is stubborn as hell, they will die but won't surrender. And this operation's result will be same as of Red Mosque's operation, which means more destruction, and off course there will be no happy ending.

primo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahm Lincoln View Post
A million dollar question is what would be the government strategy to launch an operation in the periphery of the country?

I'm sure it cannot be a direct, large-scale offensive as the enemy is not at front combat and to counter a 'guerrilla warfare' there must be a well-designed and well-thought out strategy. For instance, selective and periodic military attacks on the well-informed targets may be pretty effective to tackle such kind of insurgency.
I think it's a sane and intuitive step taken by Nawaz government. They have foreseen the results of Army Operation (pun intended)

Q: What sort of Army operation (the only solution to this menace) it would be?
Answer: It would be an all out attack by army, without any strategy. If they succeed, all credit to the players(army) and if they fail, all blame to the Captain(PM in this case).

Proof:
Army Chief is a big Afridi fan
http://www.dawn.com/news/1079055/arm...enir-to-afridi

Advice:
Fasten your seat belts for the "Nazriya e Zaroorat"
http://stratrisks.com/geostrat/17814

Abrahm Lincoln is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo View Post
I think it's a sane and intuitive step taken by Nawaz government. They have foreseen the results of Army Operation (pun intended)

Q: What sort of Army operation (the only solution to this menace) it would be?
Answer: It would be an all out attack by army, without any strategy. If they succeed, all credit to the players(army) and if they fail, all blame to the Captain(PM in this case).

Proof:
Army Chief is a big Afridi fan
http://www.dawn.com/news/1079055/arm...enir-to-afridi

Advice:
Fasten your seat belts for the "Nazriya e Zaroorat"
http://stratrisks.com/geostrat/17814

Sorry to say, but I don't buy any of your arguments dear Primo! "A military operation without any strategy" does not really make sense. I mean how is it possible that an institution which is highly disciplined and powerful won't make any strategy to fight the enemy?

"Doctrine of Necessity" to me is now irrelevant and the civil-military ties don't seem to be in tatters. The Americans 'manufacture the consent and opinion' and sell it as quoted by Noam Chomsky.

We have various precedents of engaging in 'Dialogue' with the vicious killers and of the results as well.

Take a look a this column;

"Peace talks failed each time not because of deficient skills of interlocutors or the talks’ agenda, but because of the fundamental clash between the interests of Pakistan and those of the militants. Militant leaders have no social or political prospects in a peaceful Fata. They are the new power elite within the tribal areas and across Pakistan (as patrons of the crime and terror-syndicate spread all over). It is a zero-sum game for them. Their power flows from the gun. If they put it down, they become irrelevant."

http://www.dawn.com/news/1084592/talking-peace-again
The Following User Says Thank You to Abrahm Lincoln For This Useful Post:
Sarrial Banda (Monday, February 03, 2014)

Quote:
Sorry to say, but I don't buy any of your arguments dear Primo!
It is because, that was supposed to be taken as a satire. I mean what is he(chief) trying to show off with such sort of activities?

Secondly I'm totally against such talks which are not only unconstitutional but a mere joke with the families of the deceased

What would we be asking them?

1. Please unarm yourself. Taliban: No
2. Please accept the constitution of Pakistan. Taliban : No
3. Please stop having funds from foreign secret agencies and stop being their puppets. Taliban: No
4. If you don't accept above suggestions(rather requests as we have been on the receving end), atleast stop killing innocent people. Taliban: No

What would they demand?

1. Release our memebers who are on death row. Our side: Umm, No, Yes, Lets see what we can do about it, courts etc.
2. Remove army from our area. Our side: Your area??, oh, got it, OK OK, we actually haven't asked army, let us c what we can do about it
3. Implement Shariah. Our side : No, Yes, we mean we want to but constitution blah blah blah. Not possible, we'll talk over it
4. Stop drones. Our side: No not possible, we mean we want to but it's not in our hands
and the list of Nos go on

Quote:
I mean how is it possible that an institution which is highly disciplined and powerful won't make any strategy to fight the enemy?

I really love my army and fear them of their might, so won't and can't talk/think against them. We have won all the wars with distinction and I'm really hopefull that this activity(if required) would be a piece of cake for them.

Off-topic & No offence inteneded: Good article to read:- Abraham Lincoln & his good "sense of humor"
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...lns-smile.html
The Following User Says Thank You to primo For This Useful Post:
Sarrial Banda (Monday, February 03, 2014)

Sarrial Banda will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Sorry to say, but I don't buy any of your arguments dear Primo! "A military operation without any strategy" does not really make sense. I mean how is it possible that an institution which is highly disciplined and powerful won't make any strategy to fight the enemy?

"Doctrine of Necessity" to me is now irrelevant and the civil-military ties don't seem to be in tatters. The Americans 'manufacture the consent and opinion' and sell it as quoted by Noam Chomsky.

We have various precedents of engaging in 'Dialogue' with the vicious killers and of the results as well.

Take a look a this column;

"Peace talks failed each time not because of deficient skills of interlocutors or the talks’ agenda, but because of the fundamental clash between the interests of Pakistan and those of the militants. Militant leaders have no social or political prospects in a peaceful Fata. They are the new power elite within the tribal areas and across Pakistan (as patrons of the crime and terror-syndicate spread all over). It is a zero-sum game for them. Their power flows from the gun. If they put it down, they become irrelevant."

http://www.dawn.com/news/1084592/talking-peace-again
Quote:
It is because, that was supposed to be taken as a satire. I mean what is he(chief) trying to show off with such sort of activities?

Secondly I'm totally against such talks which are not only unconstitutional but a mere joke with the families of the deceased

3. Please stop having funds from foreign secret agencies and stop being their puppets. Taliban: No
4. If you don't accept above suggestions(rather requests as we have been on the receving end), atleast stop killing innocent people. Taliban: No

What would they demand?

1. Release our memebers who are on death row. Our side: Umm, No, Yes, Lets see what we can do about it, courts etc.
2. Remove army from our area. Our side: Your area??, oh, got it, OK OK, we actually haven't asked army, let us c what we can do about it
3. Implement Shariah. Our side : No, Yes, we mean we want to but constitution blah blah blah. Not possible, we'll talk over it
4. Stop drones. Our side: No not possible, we mean we want to but it's not in our hands

I really love my army and fear them of their might, so won't and can't talk/think against them. We have won all the wars with distinction and I'm really hopefull that this activity(if required) would be a piece of cake for them.

Off-topic & No offence inteneded: Good article to read:- Abraham Lincoln & his good "sense of humor"
I think both of you are of the same viewpoint but are unable to make each other comprehend.

Quote:
Now this is a six out of the stadium

BTW, another offtopic though, my intuition tells me that Gen. Raheel Sharif will be a lot better as compared to the Ms. Keyani. At least, he seams to have a clear mind & stance regarding Taliban & terrorists unlike Keyani who was the key person behind Lal masjid operation, Bhugti operation, Judges issue, Raymond Davis case, blockade & reopening of NATO supplies, Memogate & with all this mess created by him, still posed as a champion of democracy ... A true hypocrite indeed

abreek is on a distinguished road
Default we have to be more cautious

it can give us the best because when hakeem ullah mehsood was the leader of TTP so all the attacks were taking place in tribal areas and now the new leader is MAULANA FAZLULLAH and he belongs to Swat KP, so u all must have noticed that KP is under target. we must praY for the success of this dialouge because its failure can lead in another bloodshed war. some political parties are not taking this issue seriously and i personally think that all should unite together and make this thing successful because this is about pakistan and the existance of pakistan.. all those who have suffered with talibanisation knows the best that how important this dialouge is. we have to maintain our sovereignty and if this dialouge fails.. internal sovereignty is crashed and pak is on red line then..

Sarrial Banda will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by abreek View Post
it can give us the best because when hakeem ullah mehsood was the leader of TTP so all the attacks were taking place in tribal areas and now the new leader is MAULANA FAZLULLAH and he belongs to Swat KP, so u all must have noticed that KP is under target. we must praY for the success of this dialouge because its failure can lead in another bloodshed war. some political parties are not taking this issue seriously and i personally think that all should unite together and make this thing successful because this is about pakistan and the existance of pakistan.. all those who have suffered with talibanisation knows the best that how important this dialouge is. we have to maintain our sovereignty and if this dialouge fails.. internal sovereignty is crashed and pak is on red line then..
Referring to the marked part of your post, I wish Taliban also had similar "shikast khurda" thoughts & some of them saying like this, "i personally think that all should unite together and make this thing successful because this is about taliban and the existance of taliban..all those taliban who have suffered with Pakistan military's operation knows the best that how important this dialouge is."
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarrial Banda For This Useful Post:
abreek (Monday, February 03, 2014)
Old Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Abrahm Lincoln is on a distinguished road

Quote:

What would they demand?

Very well put!

To offend you was not my intention, but sadly you are as is eminent from your comment.

A praiseworthy piece of serious view this time

And thanks for the referred blog on Lincoln's 'sense of humor'.

No offence, but a 'Satirist' must take an account of time and place when he/she shows his/her experties.

Now this conversation is over.

It was a nice discussion
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of
Default Imran-Fazal refuse to represent Taliban

Imran Khan and Fazl - Ur- Rehman have refused to act as Taliban representatives in peace-talk with the government due to multiple reasons...These guys can practically do nothing except building castles in the air.

- Previously, there was a news that there were some journalists who were representation TTP ideology in their writings. Orya Maqbool Jan is also among them and chances are very bright that he would be the member of Taliban representative committee.
Regards

Quote:
No offence, but a 'Satirist' must take an account of time and place when he/she shows his/her experties.
The time/place was alright, if you read that in context. Anyhow, you have your own viewpoint and I won't argue any further

Quote:
Now this conversation is over.
Exactly