Saturday, April 27, 2024
10:59 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, May 07, 2014

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road
Default Energy Crisis or Climatic Alteration?? What to prefer? To How much Extent?

Presently,the world is facing two sister problems (better to say stepsisters) of Lack of Energy and Climatic disasters.
USA being the centre of all the global policies is at a very contradictory phase of making decisions..Whether to go for resolving "Energy Crisis" or to address this "Climatic alterations" problem..Both are interconnected and inversely proportional to each other.
Need to discuss predictions about what Obama will decide finally???..
America must have grave concerns after two Hurricanes of Katrina and Sandy.
What you people think??
Old Thursday, May 08, 2014

usmanwrites is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
Presently,the world is facing two sister problems (better to say stepsisters) of Lack of Energy and Climatic disasters.
USA being the centre of all the global policies is at a very contradictory phase of making decisions..Whether to go for resolving "Energy Crisis" or to address this "Climatic alterations" problem..Both are interconnected and inversely proportional to each other.
What you people think??
Why can't both be addressed simultaneously?
It would be better if you explain their inverse relationship.

Default Good Point

Exactly what I thought the question wouuld be..That's why made a smiley there.
Energy Crisis means we are deficient in energy demands to run our Industries,Home Appliances,Offices,Universities,Research stations and Transportation..Our world is dependant on Fossil fuels about 82 percent (EIA).
And it's demand is increasing 2% per annum(FAO). In USA 70 percent of oil consumption is in Transportation (IER).. Recently USA has found her own huge oil reserves and now the total is said to be 2.6 Trillion barrels which would sufffice for coming 100 years (for only USA)...USA being the superpower is the ideal for global policy makers.USA will not waste her oil resources and will surely neglect the world's greenhouse effect while developing the policy...As far as other countries are concerned especially the middle east countries.They will never try to unfollow the Uncle Sam especially when their major economic concern is with their oil reserves...They will even bribe any country trying to develop alternative resources like they did with Pakistan when we were going to develop our solar cell plant in 1990's.
Some people will surely think the other resources like Wind Energy,Solar Energy,Nuclear Energy etc etc but the fact is that Climatic change has started drastically and it will take nearly 50-100 years for mankind to shift on these resources. Well,irony is that in doing so, we will have to use Fossil fuel again in our industries manufacturing these alternatives..So, one way or the other, if address our problem of energy crisis,climatic disasters will take place for sure..
Danish hadi (Friday, May 09, 2014)

Zeeshan Rajput is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
What you people think??
Really you are right that both are serious problem and i do not know that why nawaz sharif is inaugurating so much thermal power plant two days before he inaugurated Port Qasim Thermal Power Plant like wise Nandipur Power Project , Guddu power plants and Uch power plant have been also inaugurated by Nawaz govt, ok we agree that these are the cheapest method specially for Pakistan who has coal reservoirs but now world has become global village our mistakes not only destroy our self but also to others who are not using this it is very need to control global warming because today what ever we shall do tomorrow it will become very difficult to control so it is better to stop such type of energy solutions .
Old Friday, May 09, 2014

waqas izhar will become famous soon enough

energy conservation and energy efficient construction is the solution... this is our world, let's save it; not consume it entirely
Old Friday, May 09, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
energy conservation and energy efficient construction is the solution... this is our world, let's save it; not consume it entirely
Speaking of Energy efficient machinery..
Irony is that when any developed country build any machinery they expire it within 10-15 years,after which they think is no more efficient,in terms of the fuel it consumes,the input to output ratio and the maintenance cost...However the true life of that machiney is you can say 50 years.
After they expire it, third world countries like Pakistan import them and the same Mercedes Bus is now heavily painted (the amount of paint could suffice for a plaza) with a big Monogram in its back wind shield " JUTT TAYYARA" running and banging on the roads with one side down the other side up,full of people in the doors,roof,back stairs,standing area inside the bus and man on man (In USA such a number is accommodated by 3 buses) and some times you can see livestock,hens also...
How could be the machinery will be efficient? the Entropy rate at this level is I think 50 percent...
The purpose of this conversation is, the third world stupid nations must wake up now from deep alcoholic slumber...I appreciate India on this issue,they are far much ahead then our beloved country..

Last edited by RAO RAMEEZ; Friday, May 09, 2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Minor
The Following User Says Thank You to RAO RAMEEZ For This Useful Post:
marvi pathan (Friday, May 09, 2014)