Sunday, April 28, 2024
12:14 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, May 21, 2014

zaigham shah is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIL KHESHGI View Post
First Tell me whom did Geo serve by blaming our elite intelligence agency in a jedwood justice like manner, I mean what proofs they had when they're levelling these allegations? It's a very right decision on part of PEMRA. The tone and the message of Geo on April 19th, 2014 had nothing to do with freedom of expression. Geo should face the force of law under Article 6 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
As far as so-called 'Constitution' of Al-Bakistan ,oh sorry, 'Islamic Republic of Al-Bakistan' is concerned , i think everyone knows the actual position , prominence and stature of that 'BOOK' .. now , the time has come for Al-Bakistani's to enjoy the life in (actually) Dark Ages . This fanatic society is approaching towards its ultimate END .. For those , who are advocating ban on Geo groups ;
"اور جب وہ مجھے مارنے آئے۔۔۔ تب میرے لیے آواز اٹھانے والا کوئی باقی نہ بچا تھا۔"

(note; i am not Geo supporter ,rather i condemn their past days activities , but one should also know about the real face of our Democracy and Establishment) samjhdar k liyy isharaa kafi hota hai ..
informer59 (Thursday, May 22, 2014), wraith (Wednesday, May 21, 2014)

parwarsha is on a distinguished road

Conflict arises when boundaries are not defined & mutual trust is absent ...

Instead of blaming one another in harsh tone & finding 5 W's of major and lesser fault by any group, one should look for remodification of code & work upon Constitutional Domain of each pillar .....

Instead of being pessimist, one may look it as democratic evolution of each pillar of state....

Pakistan needs Pakistani Version Political Model & not a foreign one (any western/arabic/any invogue -ism etc).....

Emotions are there but Our actions & words individually & collectively should not hurt any one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Badshah View Post
Actually, Glorious day for Al-Bakistanis, black day for Pakistan.

With all this madness going on in the country for the last couple of weeks, Nawaz once again proved himself to be highly incompetent again with an excessive majority in the parliament. He is though the right person but at the wrong place and time.
Dear Cute Badshah

With all this madness going on in the country for the last couple of weeks, Nawaz once again proved himself to be highly incompetent again with an excessive majority in the parliament. He is though the right person but at the wrong place and time.

Madness ..... In What sense ie GEO Media Trial's of ISI OR Political Parties/Establishment Tieing up GEO etc

Excessive Majority .... whats use of that majority which silently wants media chained ????

Mr. Nawz is highly incompetent yet a Right Person ; HOW that oxymore works ??? just elaborate your statement ....

Also, How such historical place & time can become wrong for most Powerful person of Pakistan ???

Waiting for Clear Response,
Thank yoU

Being Naive ... is NOT a Valid Excuse for every one,

If GEO had done similar thing with political elite ,judiciary and other law enforcement agencies, then it is not naive ....Also this attitude does not gives GEO & else Licence to Humiliate Professional Bodies Head for Tom's conduct ....

Yes All state organs are Holy Cows but they need to be Constitutionally Chained not tamed as animals ....

As long as the establishment remains untouchable we can forget any progress on socio economic or political front mainly because of its dictatorial nature ....
Can anyone tell what means by Establishment ???? Everywhere there are rotten eggs but they are replaced and not the whole basket ....

Privatization of Channels led to Commercialization of Media & Opinion Makers; A dream that became Nightmare .....
ADIL KHESHGI (Thursday, May 22, 2014)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Darwin's evolutionary theory seems logical after seeing consistently inconsistent phase of Evolution among pillars of this state.
parwarsha (Wednesday, May 21, 2014)

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road
Default Ssshhhhhhhh

SSShhhhhh...Keep Quite..Don't Talk against our National Interest guys..
Our Country and It's people are too much Religious they will produce a Fatwa...
SSShhhh...Don't talk against Army...They are our Saints...It is not an Institution...It's A Monastry..Give them more funds 70 percent is still not enough...Give them all good Lands and Turn them into Askari 11,12,13....1000..They are our Heroes...We can afford 3 lac heroes...Give them what they want to sell to America and what they want and how they want....
Sshhhh...Keep Quite...Whisperers are every where...Our Country is going to Evolve into a Welfare state after this Act..
Ssshhh...Mubashar Luqman is their Hero...He want a Plot in Bahria Town...Ssshhh...Our Nation is much Modern,Just,Calm and a "Criticism Accepting" Nation...It's a Theocratic state...Sssshhh their Founder stopped them...But it's a Genius Nation...She can fool any one,any Nation and even themselves...Ssshhh...
Faisal86 (Thursday, May 22, 2014), Maidah shaikh (Wednesday, May 21, 2014), usmanwrites (Wednesday, May 21, 2014), wraith (Wednesday, May 21, 2014), Zaheer Qadri (Wednesday, May 21, 2014)

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

A stupid decision,i think.Celebrate today and you will repent later.A black day without any iota of doubt.May God have mercy upon us.
usmanwrites (Wednesday, May 21, 2014)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,290 Times in 783 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about

I would say whatever the reason was to ban it. But we have lost one of the biggest channels of Pakistan. However, the other TV channels are good and capable enough to fill the place of Geo but Geo had its own charm... I would say its indeed a big loss of our nation....Religious tendencies and national interest is of utmost importance. Hence, Geo cracked both of these that's why it has been banned. Now in the coming future, hopefully PEMRA would play its key role in controlling such things...
The Following User Says Thank You to exclusively For This Useful Post:
usmanwrites (Wednesday, May 21, 2014)

ADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enoughADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanwrites View Post
Ok It was a naive show by GEO but in past they had done the similar thing with political elite ,judiciary and other law enforcement agencies but no body pointed a finger at them.why??? Because ISI is a holy cow? Mind you this attitude has turned us into a military and security obsessed nation that has tarnished the social fabric of the society. These holy cows should be criticized so that they can alter their inhuman and barbaric standard operating procedures. Yes Geo was harsh and being naive at that time but it doesn't mean it should be banned altogether because doing so will send a categorical message that establishment is a holy cow.
As long as the establishment remains untouchable we can forget any progress on socio economic or political front mainly because of its dictatorial nature.
Privatisation of news channel gave us hope of better Pakistan but that sounds a distant dream now.
Dear Fellow, there's a code of conduct for each and every institution of the country and it must keep in mind its sphere according to law, and while applying for the license, Geo group has consented to it that they'll not violate the terms and conditions which their license bears like any other license. Secondly, PEMRA is an autonomous body and the decision they took has a legal base. Sentimental attitude wouldn't do in this matter but one has to produce evidences in black and white. Just watch out all the foreign private TV channels and observe that how they have been defending their national interests. A propaganda machine has been in full swing against our elite security agency and blaming it for the crimes which one can't prove against it is just like working against the interest of our motherland. One should keep oneself away from those matters which positively harm our national interests. Tell me what evidence you have for defending these actions of Geo? Nothing. Blaming without evidence is a punishable crime and Geo should be dealt with all the severity of law. I appreciate PEMRA in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaigham shah View Post
As far as so-called 'Constitution' of Al-Bakistan ,oh sorry, 'Islamic Republic of Al-Bakistan' is concerned , i think everyone knows the actual position , prominence and stature of that 'BOOK' .. now , the time has come for Al-Bakistani's to enjoy the life in (actually) Dark Ages . This fanatic society is approaching towards its ultimate END .. For those , who are advocating ban on Geo groups ;
"اور جب وہ مجھے مارنے آئے۔۔۔ تب میرے لیے آواز اٹھانے والا کوئی باقی نہ بچا تھا۔"

(note; i am not Geo supporter ,rather i condemn their past days activities , but one should also know about the real face of our Democracy and Establishment) samjhdar k liyy isharaa kafi hota hai ..
A society is made up of individuals, and the more fanatic the individuals the more the society. (Ishara samaj mein aya hoga aapkay). One can infer from this discussion the quality of our citizenry that how much our citizenry is emotions ridden, nobody listen to reason: Thanks God the era of Geo's yellow journalism is over. A person who don't respect the sanctity of his motherland is out to fight for freedom of expression. First learn to respect your country then start struggle for the improvement of the system.

Last edited by Amna; Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 02:42 AM. Reason: merged

adnanaqeel99 is on a distinguished road

isi finally banned the media freedom. bad decision.

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Whatsoever has happened? It was a Good Decision...Nobody can bear Insult of Ehl-E-Bait but let us take a look...
When we come to Army or some other department we say "There are few Black sheep" "We cannot take a decision on few wrong acts by any institution and they are doing much right as well"
It was Just one program done by some Non-Serious/Over-Confident lady,just one program among her hundreds and for just a moment,overwhelmed by some stupid circumstances.
And everybody knows it was not a planted act or an act which is a part of Geo's Motto..It was just an unintentional act...But Look for our injustice and biased behaviour that we kicked the livelihood of thousands of people...It is just like..
A Shia comes do tabarrah and abuse Sahaba R.A Nauzbillah and we burn the whole society in which he is living considering that this is his society causing him to do this...We cannot slaughter the whole city for a wrong act or lack of sense of one person...
Tell me How many times Army men did wrong things..I will not mention but many times..but...It does not mean we will ban the whole Platoon for this...
Similarly If any religious fanatic abuse the reverend personalities of others,although it happens here,but it is not Justice to give Fatwah against the whole group...Kill that's Fanatics Neighbors,Parents,Family..etc..
And After all Ary did the same thing with slightly different pattern...
We as a Nation are blameworthy for ourselves...We support these people in their right and wrongs and when they exceed the limit,we cry...Why??? It was in first place we allow Un-Islamic powers and attitudes to prevail..And then it comes to our heads we bring out swords...We all support un-islamic channels and attitudes?? Don't we?? Yes..We support them morally and economically by letting them infiltrating our homes and now see the results...
10 years back it was Geo due to which people used to put down their antennas and start watching decoders because a thing which was shown by PTV one day later,the Geo used to show that thing at once...The Half Truths of PTV?? We all were sick due to this...
What Islam says and what's going on in our media are two contradictory things...What Islam says we must not watch,we watch and let our children watch?? We watch blindly..We follow them blindly...We recommend their culture for ourselves seeing them as our role models...We on first time did not put a halt on their activities so why we are blaming now?? After Amir Liaquat's true face we still made his program the top on the watch list..What message we are giving to our generation??? That we should be internally wolves but externally we look like holy saints...Should I tell you where Quran says to lower your gazes, to veil your chests(for women)?..When Holy Prophet PBUH says Allah woe on those who do see vulgar and become a cause of this (Mishkaat)...
Where was Your Islam then.. When all Vulgarity was going on and all happening was totally against the teachings of Islam and ethics of Islam...
Nowhere...We are all involved directly or indirectly for all this happening now...We supported this attitude through a long time and now it's bearing bitter fruits...Geo is not only to blame because it is not something extra-terrestrial..I think 5 lac people are a part of Geo team directly or indirectly..They did not came from India or somewhere else...They are our people..My People..My Neighbors...My Friends..My Relatives and so on..
So........................I was trying to make it understand indirectly several times but every time I was accused of posting Anti-Army....There is nothing Anti-Army...If I become against army where I am supposed to live?? I am here in Pakistan and I am Pakistani due to them..But...Every department must be put under state law,state ethics and state's norms...Not Only Geo on one stupid Program..
humerapa (Wednesday, May 28, 2014), parwarsha (Sunday, May 25, 2014), usmanwrites (Wednesday, May 21, 2014)

Malik Nadeem 06 is on a distinguished road

Geo /jang has presented Islam in bad manner which is highly unlikely and objectionable. They have some responsibilities as a media to present in balanced and authenticated form.
parwarsha (Sunday, May 25, 2014)