Saturday, May 11, 2024
11:23 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, September 19, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
That won't make anyone a scientist in the developed world either. I'm talking about professionals of industry and science.
That remains the problem, there are very little professionals of industry and science here . You know just reading science can be even more dangerous, nazism arose from some misinterpretation of science .
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That remains the problem, there are very little professionals of industry and science here
And we have only ourselves to blame.

Quote:
You know just reading science can be even more dangerous, nazism arose from some misinterpretation of science
Right, because the totalitarian regimes like to take technology but block the liberalism and free thought that inevitably accompanies science. If they will do this, they will have to pay the price. Same goes for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Friday, September 19, 2014)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
And we have only ourselves to blame. .
It must be admitted that science and industry have very little impact on broader Muslim society, just because we can import technology and use modern tools we begin to think if it was not for mullahs we would beat the whole world is ridiculous .

Quote:
And we have only ourselves to blame.
and yeah it's not just religious belief to blame but economic retardedness also play a role. Many people cannot afford the services of professionals and industry while the powerful ones want it for free thus there is crime and bhatta mafia which is not soul attribute of religious bigots . The capitalist model of economy is simply not taking root I think .
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
and yeah it's not just religious belief to blame but economic retardedness also play a role. Many people cannot afford the services of professionals and industry while the powerful ones want it for free thus there is crime and bhatta mafia which is not soul attribute of religious bigots . The capitalist model of economy is simply not taking root I think
I don't think anyone said that religious bigotry is the sole reason of all our problems. It is the main reason of our ambivalent attitude toward the likes of TTP/IS, and covert support for extremism. This is what I was talking about.

As to the economic, administrative, political etc. problems of Pakistan and their reasons, that is a separate debate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Friday, September 19, 2014)

Quote:
I don't think anyone said that religious bigotry is the sole reason of all our problems. It is the main reason of our ambivalent attitude toward the likes of TTP/IS, and covert support for extremism. This is what I was talking about.

As to the economic, administrative, political etc. problems of Pakistan and their reasons, that is a separate debate.
I agree, but just to make a point that all these things are linked. I personally hate religious attitude of people, particularly when they fail to understand anything and start attacking for what they perceive as desecration. I face it even at home all the time . I hate it when parents first try to enslave children by using force of religion and then do favoritism among them and find justification for all the nonsense in religion . I hate it when the strongest of reason fails to stand a chance before a superstitious religious belief . Not only is there religious bigotry but there is also a phenomenon of religious hypocrisy, people try to stop you from doing something they themselves do by claiming we are sinners but we won't get you into that, awesome form of selflessness, if you want to stop me do jihad against your own soul first but no we will only do jihad with others, for example corruption is bad so stop others from doing it but you can do it for 'your family's good' . People remain silent for religious reasons on the most noticeably unjust thing to which everyone agrees is unjust. And there are many other things I hate about this typical religious attitude encountered almost always and I agree as long as it is there nothing is going to improve, people won't progress themselves neither will they tolerate anyone else make progress. But still, I strive to seek the bigger truth behind all this .

I agree with what you are saying, but we were having a focused discussion about a certain topic of religious extremism and our ambivalent attitude toward it. To me it does not seem like a good idea to divert to it to other problems, particularly if they are not very directly related. For example the economic causes of religious movements that you mentioned is correct but for the time being, that is not our concern. Similarly, there might be relationship between religious bigotry and political corruption (or not) but that is not directly relevant when we are talking about TTP/IS. If we are to stop nothing short of complete truth then pretty much everything in the world is interconnected.

snake is on a distinguished road

Well , it is a pity that the present form of Islamic teaching are a great threat to the civilization . ISIS is only one example of that . The world is trying hard to suppress the threat of Islamic Terrorism . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism

Well it is a pity that we can not do anything for this .

Quote:
I agree with what you are saying, but we were having a focused discussion about a certain topic of religious extremism and our ambivalent attitude toward it. To me it does not seem like a good idea to divert to it to other problems, particularly if they are not very directly related. For example the economic causes of religious movements that you mentioned is correct but for the time being, that is not our concern. Similarly, there might be relationship between religious bigotry and political corruption (or not) but that is not directly relevant when we are talking about TTP/IS. If we are to stop nothing short of complete truth then pretty much everything in the world is interconnected.
That would be like trying to corner the beast without the ability to control it, let's see what happens .

Quote:
To me it does not seem like a good idea to divert to it to other problems, particularly if they are not very directly related.
Basically if we don't focus upon the reasons that swell their ranks and stop our governments from taking action, what we are actually doing is crying and begging them to stop. Do you really think that is a good idea . Don't forget there still are elements within our governments who find them 'useful'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
That would be like trying to corner the beast without the ability to control it, let's see what happens .
When you can't control the beast you call for expert help, expert helps you control the beast, collect charges and leave but then again you are unable to keep hold of the beast . This is the pattern that is going on in the middle east it seems . But Pakistanis are so ego centric they won't even call for help and neither learn to control the beast . They will assume beast has messed up at a wrong place, it has to die and then just wish the beast dies itself .

Last edited by Gotam; Monday, September 22, 2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: chain posts
Old Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
hmmm well violence is a part of human nature and perhaps everyone has a little tendency of that. However advancement of human civilization changes many things and make it impossible to revive same old practices in exactly the same manner doesn't matter how much religious belief is associated with it. For example your friend won't like to see public beheadings even though he might believe it to be religiously approved. Uncivilized use of force and violence is repulsive to people and this is the major reason why any of the terrorist group is unable to achieve anything, despite people being sympathetic to their cause . Outdated ideology won't work in industrial age where skilled labor of various castes and creed are bound to come together.
This is how its SUPPOSED to be if you take out religion, but we can't ignore the fact that religion is a very powerful motivating factor for people to do things that they normally wouldn't do. There are very few people who would want to kill the person in front of them just for abusing them, but in the case of blasphemy, even otherwise nice people start calling for blood.

You are correct that an outdated ideology won't work in this age, but this is EXACTLY what most Muslims are trying to do, and we can see the results.

BTW desiring death for apostasy is not a violent tendency, it's like desiring harsh punishment for a crime which the modern world no longer consider a crime .

No, but the rationale behind it is a violent tendency: i.e. me believing that you should be killed just because you don't believe what I believe. Lets say I believe you should be killed just because you don't believe a PS4 is better than an XBOX. Violent tendency, no?

Quote:
. Notice atheism is rising in Saudi however not many have been given death penalty .
But how will you even prove atheism, haha? The guy can just recite the kalma again

Quote:
I think there is a core difference between Islamic and Indian family structure. Indians looks like treat family more like an institution (pariwar) where some traditions continue (param para, niam ). Typically more competitive members of the family are granted higher status within it and head of the family sets rules, thus the phenomenon of wealth gap between family members arise. Members are trained the profession of the family (shiksha) and are often not allowed to choose profession of their choice, this way same professions continue within the family line for generations giving rise to a caste culture. The reason for this phenomenon is Indian civilization evolved over a large period of time in Indian environment where there is plenty of agricultural lands, thus the religious beliefs and political and economic order favors taking full advantage of it and build economy. The caste culture has even influenced Indian Muslims and we can notice professional castes in Pakistan. Perhaps this is a major reason why democracy prevailed in India despite problems, because the whole underlying culture support building institutions. Diverse evolution of Hindu religious belief is perhaps another reason why India favored secularism . The caste culture is now declining because thousands of years of neolithic age is now being replaced by industrial age.

On the other hand, it seems the Islamic order treats family as an organization where members have rights on each other. Typically in an Islamic family members are taught religion so that they have awareness of rights and responsibilities, however 'rozi allah deta hai' means profession is not enforced . More intelligent, strong and practicing members are given high status and wealth gap between family members doesn't arise. Muslim order is highly masculine and warrior like, way more than Indian. Perhaps it's because Islam (and other Abrahamic religions) arose in middle east where conditions are not good for economy. Thus there is high emphasis on strong organization based upon trust and purpose to seek truth, equal distribution of wealth, war and a higher power telling mankind to rise and master nature instead of fearing and worshipping it like pagans. This is again unlike Indian religions which are timid and superstitious and worship objects of nature . The Abrahamic religions have had a great influence on human civilization, and even modern western civilization which has achieved so much knowledge and power owes thanks to them. Muslims have remained highly vary of establishing any permanent institutions which they fear might turn into temples, they focus more upon people doing justice with each other and seek knowledge. However pagan influence started returning to Islamic civilization soon after it started gaining power and eventually it lost it's power when Abbasi caliphate was destroyed. An interesting thing to note is middle eastern religions emphasize heavily on distribution of wealth and social justice and modern western civilization is suffering from that problem. Thus it is highly concerned that a movement from this region can change their 'way of life' . It will attempt everything within it's power to make sure religious movement in this region does not make an impact on civilization. You must be noticing the question of human origins is being addressed with finer details and evidence is being brought out, it is to make sure that no 'message from creator god' start attracting people .

considering all that, Pakistan is a country which remains under influence of both Islamic and Indian civilizations. Perhaps this was the major source of confusion among the founding fathers. As soon as the process of democracy and institution building starts it begins to see challenge from Islamic segments. The influence of islamic civilization remains great upon the military and it views india as an arch enemy and itself as an army of Islam. With current happenings in the Islamic world, it is eager to take control of the foreign policy. However democratic governments are attempting to establish trade relations with the world including the arch enemy and the government simply won't allow any adventurous bouts. Democracy is strengthened by international pressure and it has gained more momentum than before, but continuation of democracy can perhaps cause more concern from an anxious army then from IS or TTP.
That's a pretty thought provoking perspective on the Indian and Muslim civilization, especially on how they evolved and I agree with most of your points! However, I've noticed that in every family, be it Muslim or Hindu, money does play a part in determining the position of the family members. Of course their parents love their children all the same, but no doubt they LIKE some more than others. In fact, I've seen that parents who are financially dependent on their daughters have very different opinions about females as compared to the society. Why? Because they know a female is keeping them alive.

Another point is that you said that the Western nations are suffering from social justice and problems related to wealth distribution? How so? They aren't perfect, but the wealth distribution in, say America is a hundred times more fair than in Pakistan or Bangladesh. Also, how do they have a justice problem (compared to India or Pakistan)?

Finally, I agree with you that the Indian practices such as the caste system may have helped them in the past, but can't survive in the current age. I fear that the same problem is plaguing the Muslims. Their practices may have helped them in the past, but are holding them back now. For example the Muslim tendency for war helped them initially, but has had disastrous consequences for Muslims in the current era.

Another problem with Muslims is their absolutism. Undoubtedly this initially served to unite the Arabs under a single leader and kept Islam from fracturing into a number of different faiths, but in this day and age, this is a major problem as more and more Muslim beliefs and practices conflict with modern civilization.

Quote:
Theoretically this belief is similar to Christian belief that those who work on Sunday aught to be killed, thus it would make Christianity an evil religion. Or this belief is also similar to Hindu belief that widow should be burnt alive along with husband's dead body, thus Hinduism is also an evil religion. But then why do modern people still believe in those old nonsense fairytales and want to fashion their modern lives along those beliefs and why shouldn't they all be destroyed. All of those old fairytales are anti-woman, but yet women tend to be more religious than men. I think we need to improve a bit of understanding .
The biggest reason for all of this is childhood indoctrination. No sane man would want to kill another just for working on Sunday unless he has been indoctrinated as a child.

You mentioned that women are more religious than men, there is a simple reason for that: they have undergone much much more indoctrination than men, religious as well as cultural i.e. beliefs such as that they are inferior to men, that it is the responsibility of the man to provide financially etc. These cultural and religious beliefs both strengthen each other (since both are basically saying the same things) and women come out as even more religious then men. We should also remember that women are responsible for 99% of the discrimination that other women face in our society

Last edited by Gotam; Monday, September 22, 2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: chain posts
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Sunday, September 21, 2014)