Thursday, May 23, 2024
10:06 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Hmmm their position is being made good by fear mongering media I think . The CNN started this fear mongering and now even India feels ISIS is coming for the hindus . Interestingly many westerners are joining this organization, including white westerners. Apart from that, I think it's nothing more than an Iraqi resistance having a 'potential' of becoming global jihadi threat, and knowingly or unknowingly international propaganda is helping them become one.
Yes, but the area under their control is quite large and remember that this area is developed, its not like Afghanistan. So at this time they kinda have their own small country. BTW their propoganda machine is much better than other organizations and their online presense is much larger. You yourself pointed out that a large number of Westerners are joining ISIS. This shows that the organization is much more diverse then say the TTP which drew support mainly from the tribal areas.

That said, IS poses no threat to Pakistan right now for the simple reason that Pakistan is too far away. Also, IS will find it hard to establish itself in Afghanistan because of competition from the Afghan Taliban who have a very clear conflict of interest with IS. BTW, at this time we have two people claiming to be Ameer ul Momineen, Baghdadi and Mullah Umar. Three if you count Nawaz Sharif

On a side note, Indians have gone mad. Don't mean to offend anyone, but Indians think that they are now a superpower and everyone is out to get them. Some Indians even thought the Large Hadron Collider would kill them
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Sunday, September 14, 2014)
Old Monday, September 15, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan02 View Post
Yes, but the area under their control is quite large and remember that this area is developed, its not like Afghanistan. So at this time they kinda have their own small country. BTW their propoganda machine is much better than other organizations and their online presense is much larger. You yourself pointed out that a large number of Westerners are joining ISIS. This shows that the organization is much more diverse then say the TTP which drew support mainly from the tribal areas.

That said, IS poses no threat to Pakistan right now for the simple reason that Pakistan is too far away. Also, IS will find it hard to establish itself in Afghanistan because of competition from the Afghan Taliban who have a very clear conflict of interest with IS. BTW, at this time we have two people claiming to be Ameer ul Momineen, Baghdadi and Mullah Umar. Three if you count Nawaz Sharif

On a side note, Indians have gone mad. Don't mean to offend anyone, but Indians think that they are now a superpower and everyone is out to get them. Some Indians even thought the Large Hadron Collider would kill them
Yes diversity allows for much more flexibility and of course ISIS is more powerful and dangerous than the Taliban, however diversity can also be a double edged sword. Some of those westerners are paying the roles of double agents. One for example http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...i-Muslim-Syria . Moreover an outdated ideology and using force of uncivilized violence as predominant means of propagating it will cause this phenomenon to face stiff resistance and perhaps it will die out before it even come out of 'its country' . There is very little probability it can ever become a global phenomenon, however its neighbors certainly need to be alarmed. And certainly something needs to be done about it. But the way global propaganda is making it a monster is not making any sense. Perhaps they are doing it because only if they portray it as a monster will it be recognized as a growing troll .

Yes exactly these were the reasons in my mind as well. It's far away and prospect of competition. However there is also a probability that they 'cooperate from the distance' . Thus the challenge for Pakistan is still the Taliban and local forces, not IS.

Haha I agree with that, poor Indians . Wish they become a superpower, I kind of like Indian civilization

Quote:
Haha I agree with that, poor Indians . Wish they become a superpower, I kind of like Indian civilization
Sorry not Indian civilization but kinda like Indian culture . On a side note, many of the things we don't like in our own culture are perhaps influenced by Indian civilization. For example Pakistanis are worshipping Islam but not surrendering before Allah which is the true message of Islam . And dealing with this new phenomenon of western liberalism coming to us as western civilization has proven it's dominance in today's world, again I see Pakistanis worshipping it .

Last edited by Amna; Monday, September 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM. Reason: merged/chain posts
The Following User Says Thank You to mhmmdkashif For This Useful Post:
Hassan02 (Wednesday, September 17, 2014)

Da Maaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ISIS is not a threat for Pakistan

ISIS is emerged in revenge .. it is not going to go anywhere
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sorry not Indian civilization but kinda like Indian culture . On a side note, many of the things we don't like in our own culture are perhaps influenced by Indian civilization. For example Pakistanis are worshipping Islam but not surrendering before Allah which is the true message of Islam . And dealing with this new phenomenon of western liberalism coming to us as western civilization has proven it's dominance in today's world, again I see Pakistanis worshipping it .
ahh how did I forget one of the biggest influence of Indian civilization, family worship .
Old Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Moreover an outdated ideology and using force of uncivilized violence as predominant means of propagating it will cause this phenomenon to face stiff resistance and perhaps it will die out before it even come out of 'its country'
But this same ideology is prevalent among the majority of the Muslims today. You will notice that though not everyone is as violent or extremist as organizations such as ISIS or TTP, a majority have certain beliefs and views that do approach violence. For example, recently one of my friends was talking about how it is completely OK to kill someone for apostasy. Keep in mind that this guy has no extremist tendencies and has NEVER harmed anyone. But still he does have some extremist tendencies. Same is the case with TTP supporters. No one would say outright that I support TTP, but they are often sympathetic to their cause, if not outright supportive. Point being that most Muslims do have extremist germs and these germs need only a stimulus to cause an epidemic

Quote:
There is very little probability it can ever become a global phenomenon, however its neighbors certainly need to be alarmed.
Agreed, even if Iraq falls to IS, not many areas beyond the Middle East are likely to be affected.

Quote:

Personally I don't like Indian culture at all, their customs and traditions (and therefore most of ours too) are too regressive. A state based purely on Indian culture would be a barbaric state indeed. I guess their customs helped them survive thousands of years ago, but its not fit for the present. That said, I find it amazing that so many Indians have left their more repulsive customs. For example, the caste system still exists, but it is less than a shadow of its former self.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
Gypsified (Wednesday, September 17, 2014), Irtika (Wednesday, September 17, 2014), mhmmdkashif (Wednesday, September 17, 2014)

Irtika will become famous soon enoughIrtika will become famous soon enough

Quote:
But this same ideology is prevalent among the majority of the Muslims today. You will notice that though not everyone is as violent or extremist as organizations such as ISIS or TTP, a majority have certain beliefs and views that do approach violence. For example, recently one of my friends was talking about how it is completely OK to kill someone for apostasy. Keep in mind that this guy has no extremist tendencies and has NEVER harmed anyone. But still he does have some extremist tendencies. Same is the case with TTP supporters. No one would say outright that I support TTP, but they are often sympathetic to their cause, if not outright supportive. Point being that most Muslims do have extremist germs and these germs need only a stimulus to cause an epidemic

Hassan I agree with you. I have also noticed that majority of muslims have soft corner for terrorists. They do not condemn terrorism as they should. And same is case in Pakistan. I have also seen many of friends do not even bother to talk against any event of terrorism, but ready to discuss any new film . Majority of muslims are intolerant

mysterious me will become famous soon enough
Default @hassan

most of muslims do believe that apostate desrve to be killed. But majoriry of them believe in killing him under some law which may be crafted by the state, this is what separates them from extremists but the way things are being decided on roads nwadays throwing aside the sanctity of parliament, no wonders if someday such believers in stat and parliament will also join extremists to do mob justice.

Quote:
hmmm well violence is a part of human nature and perhaps everyone has a little tendency of that. However advancement of human civilization changes many things and make it impossible to revive same old practices in exactly the same manner doesn't matter how much religious belief is associated with it. For example your friend won't like to see public beheadings even though he might believe it to be religiously approved. Uncivilized use of force and violence is repulsive to people and this is the major reason why any of the terrorist group is unable to achieve anything, despite people being sympathetic to their cause . Outdated ideology won't work in industrial age where skilled labor of various castes and creed are bound to come together.

BTW desiring death for apostasy is not a violent tendency, it's like desiring harsh punishment for a crime which the modern world no longer consider a crime . Doing that in a civilized environment would require some law and it would require deliberation and debate to make laws even in dictatorships. So I can bet you a modern debate would define apostasy much differently then it's old perception, and process of persecution in today's civilized environment is highly evolved I can again bet you it won't work like people beheading each other on perceived apostasy . Notice atheism is rising in Saudi however not many have been given death penalty . Remember evolution still favor civilization and not return to state of nature and barbarism, and a modern civilization is bound to be an industrial and scientific one.

Quote:
Personally I don't like Indian culture at all, their customs and traditions (and therefore most of ours too) are too regressive. A state based purely on Indian culture would be a barbaric state indeed. I guess their customs helped them survive thousands of years ago, but its not fit for the present. That said, I find it amazing that so many Indians have left their more repulsive customs. For example, the caste system still exists, but it is less than a shadow of its former self.
I think there is a core difference between Islamic and Indian family structure. Indians looks like treat family more like an institution (pariwar) where some traditions continue (param para, niam ). Typically more competitive members of the family are granted higher status within it and head of the family sets rules, thus the phenomenon of wealth gap between family members arise. Members are trained the profession of the family (shiksha) and are often not allowed to choose profession of their choice, this way same professions continue within the family line for generations giving rise to a caste culture. The reason for this phenomenon is Indian civilization evolved over a large period of time in Indian environment where there is plenty of agricultural lands, thus the religious beliefs and political and economic order favors taking full advantage of it and build economy. The caste culture has even influenced Indian Muslims and we can notice professional castes in Pakistan. Perhaps this is a major reason why democracy prevailed in India despite problems, because the whole underlying culture support building institutions. Diverse evolution of Hindu religious belief is perhaps another reason why India favored secularism . The caste culture is now declining because thousands of years of neolithic age is now being replaced by industrial age.

On the other hand, it seems the Islamic order treats family as an organization where members have rights on each other. Typically in an Islamic family members are taught religion so that they have awareness of rights and responsibilities, however 'rozi allah deta hai' means profession is not enforced . More intelligent, strong and practicing members are given high status and wealth gap between family members doesn't arise. Muslim order is highly masculine and warrior like, way more than Indian. Perhaps it's because Islam (and other Abrahamic religions) arose in middle east where conditions are not good for economy. Thus there is high emphasis on strong organization based upon trust and purpose to seek truth, equal distribution of wealth, war and a higher power telling mankind to rise and master nature instead of fearing and worshipping it like pagans. This is again unlike Indian religions which are timid and superstitious and worship objects of nature . The Abrahamic religions have had a great influence on human civilization, and even modern western civilization which has achieved so much knowledge and power owes thanks to them. Muslims have remained highly vary of establishing any permanent institutions which they fear might turn into temples, they focus more upon people doing justice with each other and seek knowledge. However pagan influence started returning to Islamic civilization soon after it started gaining power and eventually it lost it's power when Abbasi caliphate was destroyed. An interesting thing to note is middle eastern religions emphasize heavily on distribution of wealth and social justice and modern western civilization is suffering from that problem. Thus it is highly concerned that a movement from this region can change their 'way of life' . It will attempt everything within it's power to make sure religious movement in this region does not make an impact on civilization. You must be noticing the question of human origins is being addressed with finer details and evidence is being brought out, it is to make sure that no 'message from creator god' start attracting people .

considering all that, Pakistan is a country which remains under influence of both Islamic and Indian civilizations. Perhaps this was the major source of confusion among the founding fathers. As soon as the process of democracy and institution building starts it begins to see challenge from Islamic segments. The influence of islamic civilization remains great upon the military and it views india as an arch enemy and itself as an army of Islam. With current happenings in the Islamic world, it is eager to take control of the foreign policy. However democratic governments are attempting to establish trade relations with the world including the arch enemy and the government simply won't allow any adventurous bouts. Democracy is strengthened by international pressure and it has gained more momentum than before, but continuation of democracy can perhaps cause more concern from an anxious army then from IS or TTP.
Hassan02 (Sunday, September 21, 2014)

Quote:
On the other hand, it seems the Islamic order treats family as an organization where members have rights on each other.
sorry should have used the word 'group' instead of 'organization' .
Old Thursday, September 18, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
But majoriry of them believe in killing him under some law which may be crafted by the state, this is what separates them from extremists
This separates them from the extremists? Priceless.

Killing someone because of their faith, whether by the lynch mob or under the patronage of the state, is inhuman and barbaric. If majority of Muslims believe in this (and it does seem that they do) then the chant that "Islam is a religion of peace" is nothing more than a bad joke.