Monday, September 16, 2019
07:44 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Optional subjects > Group VII > Sociology

Sociology Notes and Topics on Sociology

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old Sunday, November 07, 2010
redmax's Avatar
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Inaccessible
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 1,335
Thanked 2,467 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manihammad View Post
i appreciate the tips given here. i just wana know what Pakistani author book to consult? i have read hortun n hunt already. what book suits Pakistani socio?
Brother, if you have already read Horton and Hunt, that should suffice your prep for sociology subject. However, you should collect data on various social problems facing Pakistani society. These may include Child Labour, Honour Killing, Poverty, Corruption, State of inmates, Drugs etc. The statistics you improvise in the answer of any question fetch your fair marks.

If you are still adamant at reading Pakistani authors on the subject, try these:

1. Javed Jiskani Balouch
2. Abdul Hameed Taga
__________________
Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says "Be!" - and it is! (Al-Quran)
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redmax For This Useful Post:
drrabianaqvi (Saturday, January 12, 2013), M Zahid Gondal (Monday, March 04, 2013), respectful (Saturday, September 07, 2013), SAMEYA AROOJ (Sunday, January 13, 2013)
  #12  
Old Sunday, November 07, 2010
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: cngfitted@yahoo.com
Posts: 71
Thanks: 161
Thanked 85 Times in 26 Posts
cngfitted77777 is on a distinguished road
Default

for what topics i should only read horton and hunt ?????
for pakistani problems i am using iqbal chaudary book......i have also horton and hunt with me.
which are the most imp topics, that i should cover form horton and hunt ?????
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Sunday, November 07, 2010
redmax's Avatar
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Inaccessible
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 1,335
Thanked 2,467 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cngfitted77777 View Post
for what topics i should only read horton and hunt ?????
for pakistani problems i am using iqbal chaudary book......i have also horton and hunt with me.
which are the most imp topics, that i should cover form horton and hunt ?????
The list of important topics already posted here:

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-optio...sociology.html
__________________
Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says "Be!" - and it is! (Al-Quran)
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redmax For This Useful Post:
cngfitted77777 (Friday, November 12, 2010), SAMEYA AROOJ (Sunday, January 13, 2013), Sna Shah (Thursday, September 20, 2012)
  #14  
Old Monday, November 08, 2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17
Thanks: 45
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
manihammad is on a distinguished road
Default

thank you for your kind reply. i get your point but i want to ask that what about the details about prevailing caste system or like the family system. i mean would any Pakistani book will help me in those?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Monday, November 08, 2010
redmax's Avatar
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Inaccessible
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 1,335
Thanked 2,467 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manihammad View Post
thank you for your kind reply. i get your point but i want to ask that what about the details about prevailing caste system or like the family system. i mean would any Pakistani book will help me in those?
I have not found any updated book on this topic. A brief description is given in the Javed Jiskani's book but if you want to have some detailed analysis on this topic then I would recommend you to do some research on internet rather then running after books. I am not against the importance of books in their hard copies but whatever is missing in them I find it over internet.
__________________
Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says "Be!" - and it is! (Al-Quran)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17
Thanks: 45
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
manihammad is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax View Post
I have not found any updated book on this topic. A brief description is given in the Javed Jiskani's book but if you want to have some detailed analysis on this topic then I would recommend you to do some research on internet rather then running after books. I am not against the importance of books in their hard copies but whatever is missing in them I find it over internet.
right sir. thats what i actually wanted to know. yes i totally agree with you over the importance of internet. then perhaps its best to do search on internet then. one more query if you are kind to reply. i came across this part in syllabus given here. any advices about them

# Social and Cultural Change and Social Policy Processes of Social and Cultural Change-discovery, invention, diffusion. Factors in the rate of social and culture change, Incentives and inhibitions to social and cultural change in Pakistan Social planning and directed social and cultural change.

# Community: The rural community, Traditional Characteristics of rural life, The urban community. Rural-Urban convergence, Urbanism, Future of cities in Pakistan.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Tuesday, November 09, 2010
redmax's Avatar
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Inaccessible
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 1,335
Thanked 2,467 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manihammad View Post
right sir. thats what i actually wanted to know. yes i totally agree with you over the importance of internet. then perhaps its best to do search on internet then. one more query if you are kind to reply. i came across this part in syllabus given here. any advices about them

# Social and Cultural Change and Social Policy Processes of Social and Cultural Change-discovery, invention, diffusion. Factors in the rate of social and culture change, Incentives and inhibitions to social and cultural change in Pakistan Social planning and directed social and cultural change.

# Community: The rural community, Traditional Characteristics of rural life, The urban community. Rural-Urban convergence, Urbanism, Future of cities in Pakistan.

Brother, though its rational that you are consulting the syllabus issued by FPSC. There's no second thought about its importance. I have a better suggestion if you are ready to take it.

I personally think past papers are your syllabus for this subject ( I do not recommend this for all subjects). Find out the important areas from past papers and prepare them. The books you already possess are sufficient. I would like to reiterate that Internet provides you with all data you require. From sociological surveys to theories to policies and shifts in policies. Simultaneously, I would advise you not to engross yourself too much in it as it can also be very time consuming if you do not come across relevant material. To avoid this, select a topic before logging on to internet. And search specifically on that topic.

Once you are done, start solving the past papers. My own strategy is that I take one past paper take for instance paper of 2005 and sit for three hours and solve it. It will be a sort of mock examination at your own place.

Hope it helps.
__________________
Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says "Be!" - and it is! (Al-Quran)
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redmax For This Useful Post:
israrahmed (Friday, June 24, 2011), M Zahid Gondal (Monday, March 04, 2013), Mrubab (Wednesday, February 22, 2012), parwarsha (Tuesday, October 28, 2014), Sna Shah (Thursday, September 20, 2012)
  #18  
Old Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17
Thanks: 45
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
manihammad is on a distinguished road
Default

thanks alot brother. i really appreciate you taking time out and giving out some guidance.
i understand what you are saying and tell you honestly thats the way i have worked all my academic life but in css its a little too confusing (as you said yourself its different for different subjects)
i would surly follow your advice and may bother you again with some queries
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Tuesday, November 09, 2010
redmax's Avatar
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Inaccessible
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 1,335
Thanked 2,467 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manihammad View Post
thanks alot brother. i really appreciate you taking time out and giving out some guidance.
i understand what you are saying and tell you honestly thats the way i have worked all my academic life but in css its a little too confusing (as you said yourself its different for different subjects)
i would surly follow your advice and may bother you again with some queries
I will be more than glad to answer any query in my capacity.

All the very best to you!
__________________
Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says "Be!" - and it is! (Al-Quran)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Lady's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 75
Thanks: 134
Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Lady is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi..
i want to ask if i have to chose between two topics which one should i go for;

i. Research Methods, or
ii. Theories

thank you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Important stuff about Sociology obaidkhan Sociology 5 Thursday, October 19, 2017 01:52 AM
Sociology Notes Ahmed Ali Shah Sociology 3 Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:01 PM
What Sociology is...? Miss_Naqvi Sociology 1 Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:37 PM
Social Studies an overview Naseer Ahmed Chandio Sociology 1 Thursday, August 26, 2010 09:19 PM
For Seniors: HELP Plz : Intro of Sociology Mahin Sociology 6 Thursday, November 22, 2007 04:27 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.