Thursday, May 02, 2024
04:11 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, June 10, 2010
40th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 76

wahab_ahqar is on a distinguished road

I have a few question from all those who are in support of the age relaxation from 28 to 30.

1.What is the guarantee that people will not ask for age relaxation if the upper age limit is raised to 30?
I have firm believe that some people will then be quoting other countries where there is no age limit and will try to justify their cause.

2. If there should be no upper age limit or it should be raised to some X value, why should not we raise the number of attempts to some value X or infinite from three.

There are also so many other fields of life where you can serve your nation and motherland.
In my opinion 28 is a good upper age limit because you have almost six years after graduation to go for CSS.Same is the case with number of attempts. If you fail three times, it means you are not upto that level needed for this exam or you are not able to adjust yourself to the requirments of the exam.
The Following User Says Thank You to wahab_ahqar For This Useful Post:
Andrew Dufresne (Thursday, June 10, 2010)

imtiazhussain is on a distinguished road
i want views of respectable members ,if some individuals collectively file a case in supreme court against alteration in age by musharaf,
can we win the case.

i think we should write letters to notable anchorpersons.
secondly some people should gether for live and peaceful protest before national assembly in the presence of vibrant media.

To consider first january as cut of date is above reason.i think this rule is made only to fecilitate clerical staff at fpsc to count age easily.
with current cut of date a person who becomes 28 yrs on 1st january is not eligible,it mean for a person with dob 1st january upper age limit is 27 years.
some years back cut of date was 1st july.
lets raise our voices togetger against this irrational rule ,because together people accomplish more.

dear wahab,
Everyone does not apply for css after graduation,some people go for higher education.some people have to do private jobs for couple of years to afford their families.
Noone will say that doors of civil services should be closed for higher educated people,or for those who are competent more educated but could not appear before 28.
if there are 3 attempts and one starts in 27 after doing phd in management,he should be given oppotunity of 3 chances,because if he fail in his first attempt it does not mean that he is not capable.
PM rejected the summary of age relaxation of establishment division on the grounds that they want to give chance to youth.
we do not live in isolation ,there are 5 times more young people in india than pakistan,but neither they reduce age limit nor they consider cut of date as 1st january rather they consider 1st august as cut of date.The logic behind this is to fetch maximum talented and highly educated candidates.
Trainings and courses at CTP,STP alone are not alternative of formal education attained from world best universities.
Above all,if they need young people and want to train them under their own supervision,then why not fpsc recurite candidates like army induct officers through ISSB,then these officers does their bachelors in PMA.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to imtiazhussain For This Useful Post:
theelegant444 (Thursday, June 10, 2010)

Hussain Shah is on a distinguished road

The fact is that the candidates who are in favour of age relaxation are mostly well qualified i.e. Masters, M.Phill or even Phds. Therefore, while keeping the grievances of these candidates the proposal for age relaxation was moved forward to the high ups. The good thing about that proposal was the minimum qualification for appearing in CSS exam was a Master Degree or 16-year of education. The motive behind this move was to inject well qualified and mature people into the Civil Services.
As most of us are regular user of the Internet, therefore, lets stat with emailing to concern authorities, newspaper editors, media anchors and consider all possible constitution rights in achieving this milestone.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Kindly use your profile to add signature
The Following User Says Thank You to Hussain Shah For This Useful Post:
theelegant444 (Thursday, June 10, 2010)

theelegant444 is on a distinguished road

I have written a letter in Dawn regarding age limit. May it be published in tomorrow's issue.

I request everyone to do a concrete effort.

Regards,

Engr. Shoaib Awan
Old Friday, June 11, 2010

abidfastian is on a distinguished road

AoA, I talked to a member research group in fpsc about css 2011 policy. He told in clear words that they are going to implement new policy in css 2011 and its draft will be prepared in round about 2 months and will be made public. In new policy, age for fresh candidate will be 33 and for in-service 35 with 16 years education requirement. But one thing which he says made him anxious is lack of public interest or enthusiasm in new policy. But I told him that if wants to see public interest and want to know how many people are seeing towards doors of fpsc he should visit forums like cssforum, cssexam.justgoo.com, facebook and he will get it there.

Now i want to request to aspirants that we should show our requirement to chairman fpsc, PM through emails, letters, letters to editor of news papers and even a writ to supreme court if needed. There are a lot of reasons to relax age for css exam. Unstable situation of law and order in counry, unemployment, Our education system in which a candidate reaches to age of 25-27 while completing his education, maturity is necessary for such a high level public office, we are not a welfare state, no age limit for public office in USA, UK, even our neighbouring country has age limit for IC up to 40 ,as far I know, and many more as an individual has individual environment.

Its time to give our voice to PM, chairman fpsc, cabinet members, parliment, and nothing is impossible when we are together. It is to be done and why not now....

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, June 11, 2010 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Merged
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abidfastian For This Useful Post:
Khadim Baloach (Friday, June 11, 2010), theelegant444 (Friday, June 11, 2010)

parwaiz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Age limit decision due today

Age limit for government jobs; decision today
Updated at: 0130 PST, Friday, June 11, 2010

ISLAMABAD: Senate Committee on Cabinet will take up the matter of age limit for government jobs in today's (Friday) meeting. Senator Ghulam Ali of the JUI-F moved a resolution in Senate on May 17 and supported by opposition benches. In resolution it was ask that the age limit for government jobs should be increased to 35 years. Pakistan Muslim League-N, PML-Q, JUI-F, PKMAP and the JI supported this resolution but the government opposed the resolution.

The Chairman Senate sent the resolution to the cabinet committee and asked for a report on it. Cabinet committee called the officials of Establishment Division in today's meeting to get their legal views on this issue.

Source : http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=106423

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, June 11, 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Source added

jumpstart is on a distinguished road

well I have a suggestion regarding raising our voice collectively in media:
Suggestion: we should start a thread in which we should hold a poll and then all the names of the participants must be sent to notable current affairs programme like,Capital Talk,Swal,to Aaj news,and to KTN.This would compell the anchorpersons to consider to devote a programme. And our moderator should help us in starting a thread like this and then sending the email to these anchorpersons.
More suggestions are welcomed... and all those who are interested in raising their voice should ask our moderator to organize such thread. I think we should do it immediately by asking our moderator to do so.
Old Saturday, June 12, 2010

Default Voices are high in the Senate

The voices in the Senate are high for age relaxation in Government jobs especially in Provincial Service Commissions and Federal Public Service Commission
Check the link:

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=244627
All the members are requested to speed up their efforts in this regard.

jumpstart is on a distinguished road

well I gave my suggestion with the intention that we must raise our voice..it is true that voices are being raised in the legislature but if our collective voice makes a room in the media then it would have much more effect.

What do you think??

Well I have sent letters to higher authorities as well as anchor persons of different programmes of news channels. I request everyone to play his or her part in this respect for it is a matter of collective advantage and in the best interest of everyone

Regards,

Engr. Shoaib Awan

Tags
age limit, age relaxation