Saturday, May 04, 2024
03:40 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, February 10, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 13th in Sindh Urban

Frankenstein of css will become famous soon enough
Default Who are the guardian of ideological boundries of pakistan

This question for the last two or three days is now haunting me
Who, we can say are the guardian of ideological boundries of pakistan.

Our Parliament ?
Our dogar Court ohh sorry Supreme court ?
Religious Fanatics ?
Organiztions like MQM , BLA ?
Our agencies , which now owing to personal experiences , though them selvesselves to be ?
Army ?
Bureaucracy ?
The common man Who has no say in state affairs ?
Khadim-e-Fareed
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Roll Number 3208-CSS 2008Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2009Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2009Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,189 Times in 442 Posts
Mumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to behold

AoA

Historically, Armies backed by the masses have been the warden of marches. But it is sad to say that Pakistan's army has been conquering its own people again and again and in the process has damaged Pakistan as a nation. People have lost faith in the army as an institution and the respect it once commanded is no more there. The current Army chief is trying to bring back some credibility to the army, lets all pray that the future Generals stick to their classical roles, that is defending the ideological boundaries of their nation. And may the common people like us develop a strong sense of belonging with this country.

I feel that i am also in a fix regarding this question. The forces which you have enumerated above all respectively claim to be the sole force which is sincere to the nation. Although we the public know the reailty.
Regards

Last edited by Mumtaz Hayat Maneka; Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 02:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumtaz Hayat Maneka For This Useful Post:
Frankenstein of css (Tuesday, February 10, 2009)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

The Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura about

@Frankenstein of css
@Mumtaz Hayat Maneka

neither of them which u mentioned is the guardian of ideological boundries of pakistan,many people may differ to my view though.but i strongly believe that the real guardians of ideological boundries of pakistan are those who are struggling to kep aloft the ideolgy of Pakistan through their pen.peoples like Dr Safdar Mehmood and many more to mention.U ppl may have witnessed a war like exchange of views recently between Haqani and Dr safadar mehmood in Daily jang,i have been a student of History and being a student of history i am very well aware of the fact that Dr safdar mehmood was very righte in his views and the way by which he defended the ideolgy of pakistan and Muhammad Ali jinnah was applaudable really,we find many people like him who have kept that torch aloft during the course of history.these itellectual are the real gaurdians in my perception.
regards
39th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 103

Cherubic Smile is on a distinguished road

aoa my point is a bit different as an institution they all are contributing their energies though some may renege due to inglorious role played by some individuals but let us emulate and applaud those few honourable exceptions be it in judiciary or in armed forces who for the love of their mother land have renounced their parochial interests
my view is the real guardians of this ideology is the middle class that inculcates to the younger generation about the the three nut shells of our nation ie islam,threat of indian hegemony and contemperory cultures in four provinces
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

The Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura about

No army in the world can guard its nation's ideological boundries,duty of an army is to protect territorial bounderies and this is the foremost objective of any military organization.
Parliament's foremost aim is to make laws,parliament can play its due role in defending ideolgy of a nation.but such is not the case with our parliament.it can only condemn and condemn and condemn aor bussssssssss
religiuos fanatic,MQM,BLA not applicable at all.

our writters,itellectuals,thinkers has been already contributing in this regard.they are doing a great work.

saqibshaikh is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

By going through the above posts i think i have something to say regarding custodians of the ideological boundaries of pakistan. Whether it be any country, people(some say they have a little/no say in policy making) can make big difference. They have power to change. But the only requirement is that they should get themselves united in order to portray true image of any society-as these days we face lot of westernised masses.
I may object with the view of some people who support military or civil bureaucracy being the sole custodians of an ideology. Although they are the brain which make or break rules but they have thir defined role of serving the nation-people/masses-who can truly represent the voices.
The Following User Says Thank You to saqibshaikh For This Useful Post:
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 13th in Sindh Urban

Frankenstein of css will become famous soon enough
Question

MHM Sir I hope you are not offended if I may take the Audacity to especially invite you to dilute upon the concept of ideology and please tell us , what in your opinion is the ideology of Pakistan and who claims to be the champion of this Citadel.
Sir i think you in my humble opinion will be an appropriate person to give us the insight analysis of my dilemma.
Banned

linchpin is on a distinguished road
Smile @ frankenstein of css

dear its a cynicist ideology that u r living by.our military has been performing a scene-stealing performance as it is back to its hut.as regards our democratic institutions,they r fledgling.dear Pakistan is now heading 2wards auspicious and transparently prolific futurity.we are all the protectorates of our elevated supreme ideology.in just 60 years pakistan.despite its chequered sufferings,has experienced a lot.atleast ,now, ppl of pakistan have got to grisps with the democracy and its fruits.
u must know that it has taken centuries to see what america ,britain and some other such responsibly great nations now are.ther is lot of effort behind Obama-like ppl to come to WHITE HOUSE.
Now Pakistan is back to its democratic form.advise poltical parties to prefer the national interests to their partisan interests.PPP is in power.lets dont disturb it badly if u dont want to live under military boots
Please u also come to track Mr.Frankenstein of CSS.just aspire high.

sadiqkhattak is on a distinguished road
Default who are the guadians of the ideological Boundries of Pakista.

@ Frankenstein of css

Salam

as i was going through the discussion and reading the replies of all the respected member on question that came to my mind was exactly the same you have asked MHM about. that what is really the ideology of Pakistan as unfortunately after 6 decades of our independence and despite of proudly mentioning ourselves to be the first ideological state we are still confused about the ideology of Pakistan. our intellectuals still fight and wasting their energies on proving their points and behaving like the school children fighting over who come from the high class of society our elite class having no charm in the so called ideology of Pakistan taught to the middle and lower class right from there childhood. First of all we should sit and determine the ideology then i think we will be in a position to see and analyse that who should be the guardian or currently who is holding and guarding it despite the negligence from the high quarters.

Thanks

@linchpin

Pakistan is not back to Democrary.the present day democracy is the same which prevailed under Musharaf regime,only difference is that now in President House there is a civil dictator while during Musharaf regime it was a military dictator.we have not witnessed any change at all,in place of Q league,there is PPP now.

2ndly the point of disscussion is ideology of Pakistan and its gaurdians.We all are pakistani becoz we r Muslims.this is reality,its true that in pakistan there are also communities other than Muslims,but we got Pakistan just becoz we are Muslims and it was impossible for Muslims of subcontinent to live under large Hindu majority,it became obvious when Congrees farmed ministries in 1937,that Muslim's rights are not secure under a large Hindu majority.Muslims and Hindus were never a nation although they lived together for almost 1000 years.Our great thinker and reformer Sir sayed ahmed khan realied this fact,and we can rightly call him as the father of two nation theory.and at that time we were lucky enough to have great thinkers like Allama Iqbal and leaders like Muhammad Ali Jinaah,whose foresightedness came to help.
If we go deeper into the history it becomes more obvious,Parition of Bengal was a landmark in the history of two nation theory.Urdu Hindi cotroversary was another event which compelled Muslims to think on different lines.we the Muslims could never had lived freely and could never had enjoyed our rights under Hindu majority.we were blessed at that time that leadership was there and in the end it make all the difference.
Gaurdians of any ideology,i am not talking about just ideology of pakistan,any ideology,ideology is always projected by the thinkers and philosphers,the philosphers sniff it first of all in a society,and these are the thinkers and philosphers who are responisible to safegaurd it,common ppl need to b made aware of the fact,this is the duty of itellectuals.if common ppl themselves don know about their history,their ideology,how could thet transfer it to new generation??

some days ago i was going through the revise syllabus of "pak studies" fo B.A of Sargodha university,and i was shocked to know that university has eliminated "freedom struggle period "from the syllabus and some new things are added just as foreign policy,its dimension,ingredients,pakistan's relations with others etc.ok its goog to have knowledge of all these things but what about freedom struggle?how would new generation know that who were the great men who fought for the great cause of Pakistan??