Friday, April 26, 2024
02:52 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: Honestly speaking, I want to join Civil Service because
its a lucrative job. 7 6.19%
it wields much needed power and authority. 32 28.32%
it gives greater opportunites to serve the country 43 38.05%
I love the way bureaucrats look. 10 8.85%
I have no other choice. 11 9.73%
its a respectable profession. 25 22.12%
its a prestigious profession promising a bright future. 38 33.63%
I am a talented person and my country needs my services in this field. 38 33.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, April 05, 2009

Preshan Gul is on a distinguished road
Default Dear Shah110.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah110
This sentence structure does not reflect inner meaning which you actually want so convey and the grammatical structure of this sentence is wrong.
So,
According to me, this sentence should be in this order : So most of the big bang, to hide their real intentions of ruling the poor masses in the garb of bureaucracy, claims of serving the motherland, which is actually eyewash.
Thanks for taking pain of pinpointing my errors to me. Though I've also reservation over your other corrections I can't agree with this last one. You completely disfigured my sentence structure and your suggested sentence does not convey the idea that I wanted to express through my original sentence. Honestly read your sentence again, "So most of the big bang, to hide their real intentions of ruling the poor masses in the garb of bureaucracy, claims of serving the motherland, which is actually eyewash."......Does it give any sense????
Any how thank you very much again for taking time to comment on my article..
The Following User Says Thank You to Preshan Gul For This Useful Post:
Waqas77 (Monday, December 14, 2009)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 9709

shah3431 is on a distinguished road

Mr. Pareshan i went to med school and now I’m giving CSS...SO SUE ME!!!
Your lame argument has me thinking that this has nothing to do with a doctor or engineer's "Twisted Ego" but everything to do with your own "Insecurities" ...so pls deal with them instead of passing remarks over somebody else's intentions (who you don’t even know from Adam).
In your whole insightful gibberish you never once gave a reason as to why do you think someone from a non med/eng background will do CSS for "all the right reasons".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shah3431 For This Useful Post:
hira imam rizvi (Tuesday, April 07, 2009), Sidra Special (Monday, April 06, 2009)

Muhammad Sheraz qureshi is on a distinguished road
Default it looks sounds to be a CSP officer

getting success in CSS is really a differentiating achievment and this creates a uniquiness in personality of CSP offficers.i do believe that when a person gets success in CSS he can never get beat in any way of life.

snake is on a distinguished road
Default @

hmm!

I have left with no choice . At first I wanted to earn money . This desire took me away from my home land . Time passed and I realised money is nothing . I rushed to Pakistan in December 2008 . My degree is of no use in pakistan .
There was one option left for me to go for css ....... and my poor English is standing on my way to kick me out from pakistan ....
Old Monday, April 06, 2009

shah110 is on a distinguished road

Brother Preshan Gul,

Actually your grammatical structure of that sentence was not right, I had just pointed that and tried to correct according to my knowledge. Now Seniors can throw better light on this problem. I would also request to seniors to check my and your sentences and tell us if both are not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preshan Gul:

So most of the big-bang claims of serving the motherland are actually an eyewash to hide the real intention of ruling the poor masses in the garb of bureaucracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shah110:

So most of the big bang, to hide their real intentions of ruling the poor masses in the garb of bureaucracy, claims of serving the motherland, which is actually eyewash.
Please Seniors are requested to check both of the sentences and tell which one is right and if both are not right then please give us solution and point out the problem.

Regard & Reverence
Old Tuesday, April 07, 2009

hira imam rizvi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake
hmm!

I have left with no choice . At first I wanted to earn money . This desire took me away from my home land . Time passed and I realised money is nothing . I rushed to Pakistan in December 2008 . My degree is of no use in PAKISTAN .
There was one option left for me to go for css ....... and my poor English is standing on my way to kick me out from PAKISTAN ....

I dont think your english is bad at all.
I'm sure you can make it with flying colours.
May ALLAh always watch over you. ameen
Old Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sidra Special is on a distinguished road
Default Excellent Emoemar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoemar
Dear Preshan, i respectful disagree with your opinion with regards to the point mentioned below............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................
ur arguments r so forceful. wat i want to say u said in a very detailed way. in other words u stole my words ..mr. preshan will be more preshan now finding no answer he must keep in mind that with out solid arguments he shuld not propose any idea in future. a lesson for him
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidra Special For This Useful Post:
Emoemar (Sunday, April 12, 2009)
Old Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Arslan Shaukat is on a distinguished road
Default Please Dont Discriminate Engineers/doctors

Very hot discussion is going there in this thread, so I thought I must say something. Being an Engineer by profession, I would like to clarify some points here. PRESHAN has commented that engineers/doctors may better serve the country in their respective professions. I dont agree with it. Actually, there are certain facts that should not be ignored at all. Engineering and medical are commonly thought of in our society as noble professions, but there are other professions like business management, banking and IT, that are also very noble and highly paying as well. As far as the question about Servicing in the respective profession is concerned, that is all about level of interest. Usually people do join Engineering and Medical professions in Pakistan because their parents wanted them to be an Engineer or Doctor. The ambitions of the son/daughter are ignored, and sometimes they are forced to study till late at nights to fulfil the dream of their parents. But after graduating in an Engineering degree or becoming a Doctor, some people even find it harder to get jobs that match to their qualifications (the same case is more prominent when someone gets an Engineering/MBBS/BDS/D.Pharm degree from an unpopular institute), then the same person finds CSS as an alternate way to gain a prestige in society. And I think they have the right to join CSS as people from other professions do have.

Regards,
Old Saturday, April 18, 2009

Preshan Gul is on a distinguished road

Dear sadikkhattak,Emoemar & shah3431

Frankly speaking it astonished me a lot to see the level of inability or unwillingness of you guys to comprehend my point. Frustrated by the overwhelming avariciousness that has encroached upon our society in recent times I just presented a simple observation that our young men are kindling their aspiration for CSP from three ‘Pzz’ rather than from the earnest desire of serving the country. I suggested the example of Doctors leaving their profession; which is otherwise considered very noble and lucrative in our society (though I personally consider every profession noble in its own capacity); for the sake of three Pzz. You may have repudiated my three P theory but you all, overtly or covertly, accepted my basic assumption and differed in details. I do not have any grudge against Doctors competing in CSS exams neither have I any “insecurity”(as one brother assumed in his post) but I can not, in any way, reconcile with the idea that an ASP maintaining status quo is better than a Doctor healing wounded and curing agonized. If the ideal is that by being CSP a Doctor would one day be able to alleviate the plight of millions of oppressed souls by virtue of his role as a policy maker or implementer, it really is a very laudable notion and should be appreciated but a deep look into the matter tells another story. When a Doctor leaves his profession for the sake of joining Civil Service he actually debases his primary profession. He considers it inferior and shows his dissatisfaction with his present lot. So I do not see any reason why after joining Civil Service, keeping in view his present unstable nature, if given the chance he wouldn’t switch to another profession that he has later come to know as better than a CSP. If he can leave his primary profession that he gave some of the best years of his youth and a lot of his mental labors why can not he leave his second profession. So can our poor country afford such wavering adventurists??? I wish our honorable Doctors joining CSS could lessen the plight of poor masses but, unfortunately, I couldn’t find a single instance of a Doctor becoming a Civil Servant and alleviating the plight of “millions” by his policy making in the 62 year history of Pakistan. I hope the present Doctors who desire to join Civil Service in the near future would do this marvel.

Another point raised by a brother in which he tried to quote lawyers and Bankers and other such professions with medical amazed me even more. Are you really oblivious of the fact that administration (which is what CSPs do) is directly related with law??? Do you sincerely feel that knowledge of economics has got nothing to do with administration????

My basic aim in penning down this article was to give the young aspirants an impetus to delve deep into their hearts and analyze the sources of their motivation. I sincerely believe that a young man joining Civil Service for the sake of power can not be, in any way, profitable for this country. I am sorry that my intention in forwarding the example of doctors to prove my point was completely misunderstood and some members tried to knock me down and my ‘gibberish’ angered them a lot. I respect their ideas and arguments sincerely and hope that they would continue to show me ‘the right path’ in the future too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arslan Shaukat
Usually people do join Engineering and Medical professions in Pakistan because their parents wanted them to be an Engineer or Doctor. The ambitions of the son/daughter are ignored, and sometimes they are forced to study till late at nights to fulfil the dream of their parents. But after graduating in an Engineering degree or becoming a Doctor, some people even find it harder to get jobs that match to their qualifications (the same case is more prominent when someone gets an Engineering/MBBS/BDS/D.Pharm degree from an unpopular institute), then the same person finds CSS as an alternate way to gain a prestige in society. And I think they have the right to join CSS as people from other professions do have.
Regards,
The only reasonable agrument that I came across in this whole discussion.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: posts merged
The Following User Says Thank You to Preshan Gul For This Useful Post:
happy ending (Saturday, April 18, 2009)
Old Friday, May 15, 2009

nazlili21 is on a distinguished road

@ preshan gul

i want to join civil service because i want to serve my country and civil service provides great opportunity to serve the country.

As you said that doctors and engineer can also serve the country in a better way.you are right in your saying but you can more betterly serve if you have powers in hands.In css exam the people having diffrent professions and degree apeared in exam but all of them are not able to pass the exm because it is said that css exam is the (GAME OF NERVES)and if the person who wins in such game of nerves are the intelligent and wise persons of society and they have the right to participate in the decision and policy making of the country.IF the decision and policy makers of the country are wise they can make good decision ang policy which would be helpful for the development of the country.
I think now you will be clear in ur mind that doctors and engineer can serve the coutry but individually and they have not much powers in thier hand to chage the fate of the coutry.While civil servents with much powers and team work can change the fate of the country ok.
Closed Thread