Sunday, April 28, 2024
01:51 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, April 07, 2010

javed_iqbal7863 is on a distinguished road

Please give up this discussion because we all have different opinion about this topic. don't waste your energies over here. Let's start a valuable topic and discuss over it.

Unique is on a distinguished road

@ above
I don't think that any discussion generates mutual agreement. Everyone has a right to keep his opinion and stand by it. And I don't see any ''serious'' conflict arising out of this discussion.
Regards

Muser is on a distinguished road

Let go of it guys, there is no point in making comparisons and arguing about this so-called 'analytical' thing. I hate this abused word among CSS aspirants. Why not just replace it with common sense and sound judgement, that is what it is all about; sounds better and less degrading. Now no educational background can give you such attributes if you have got a dumb head on your shoulders.
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique View Post
I never meant the typical Pakistani two years BA. Humanities and social sciences have never been considered an option by students in Pakistan.
I guess although the thread specifically doesn't mentions that we r discussing the scenario in Pakistan yet i find every reason to assume it so Don't know what makes u thought i was discussing a global scenario of Social sciences

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.

Unique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Ranjha View Post
I guess although the thread specifically doesn't mentions that we r discussing the scenario in Pakistan yet i find every reason to assume it so Don't know what makes u thought i was discussing a global scenario of Social sciences
I was not ''talking about typical Pakistani two years BA degree'' but this does not mean I was talking of the global scenario alone. In Pakistan, all most all the Govt and private universities ( including PU, GCU, KC, LCWU, KU, FJWU, LUMS etc ) are offering 4 years Bacclaurates degrees ( e.g 4 years BS Psychology, 5 years BA-LLB Hons, 4 years BA English Literature, 4 years BA Hons, 4 years BS Economics, 4 yrs BS Political Science ), I was talking about these social science programmes and they all are happening in Pakistan. Having a background in these subjects, in my point of view, does help a lot for CSS Preparation. I have already said that Engg/Med students are much more intelligent and hardworking and they undertake a much better professional and job-oriented curricula. They excel in CSS Exam by dint of extra hardwork they put forth while managing their rigorous studies or doing their demanding jobs. Plz don't suppose that I wanted to depreciate them in any way, and neither I can.
Regards
Old Friday, April 09, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 11373

Imadafridi is on a distinguished road

Lets summarize the topic,Css is a competitive exam so everyone can apply therefore saying that people from a specific educational background should not apply for it is of no use as some people will apply for it simply because of not having a job while others will be attracted towards the Authoritative nature of the job.
Old Tuesday, May 25, 2010

wasfagillani will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Ranjha View Post
Prior to last few years Engrs only from background of landlord families or from already bureaucratic families(like poor me) tend to appear in CSS nd majority didn't looked at CSS as something full of charm n were quite satisfied with their jobs. But in last 2 yrs many people have diverted to it just coz of the worst scenario in job sector as they could not find any respectable job in engineering sector. This is as per my observation
u r rite....after the financial ressession they only way out i find is civil sevices....peace of mind and job security lies with army/civil services....
as far as the facilities are concerned no private sector can give such facilities that defence forces and civil servants enjoy.....

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Wednesday, June 02, 2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Avoid using red

snake is on a distinguished road

In pakistan people do not respect technocracy . Bureaucracy is seen as a prestigious institution . So doctors and engineers want to join bureaucracy . Very simple reason . No rocket science . I am a marine navigataor and want to join PSP. I left my job for my passion for respect .

waqaswahla is on a distinguished road

I'm myself an Engineer and had experience of being a jobless, Being an Engineer is nothing for a secure future.In Pakistan you must have to be in Government job . Jobs for engineers and doctors are not available from last 2 years. i think more than 50% engineers and doctors want to go abroad for high salaries and for securing their future...
@DEADLYDOCTOR....agree with u that only 5-10 % doctors or engineers are coming for css and most of them have a dream of being a csp from a very long time...
Old Wednesday, May 26, 2010

SikanderHayat007 is infamous around these parts

@ my friends

I agree with my friends that doctors and engineers have registered new interest in CSS.this has happened after 2006.The telecom,chemical and civil sectors are saturated.the best pays are being offered by P&G,FFC,unilever.they pay around 60000/rs starting after the porbationary period.but in these testing times Rs.60000 is a bachelor pay.one cannot feed family.so most engineers move to middle-east.the affluent ones or those with contrained means opt for CSS.but, i will not make any generalisations.no offence to engineers.

About doctors,there is AMC,PLABS,USMLE and CS.it really is tough for doctors to go abroad.At home they have FCPS and a paltry pay of RS.25000 as H.O which they recieve during FCPS-training after passing FCPS-1.It really is damn tough for doctors.

I guess there are multiple reasons for the doctors and engineers to opt CSS.But i disagree that they are a special lot or more hardworking than any ordinary M.A english candidate.CSS respects diversity.No particular profession has any extar edge over the other.

I am a strong believer in the power of diversity.there should be candidates from all walks of professional fields in CSS.

Regards,

Sikander
"It is said an eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him with the words, 'And this, too, shall pass away.' How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!
-Abraham Lincoln