Friday, April 26, 2024
08:38 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, May 11, 2010
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

@Crown Prince
Nek Muhammad
Riaz Ahmed Alizai
hafiz ishtiaq ahmad

superb response by u people.
i m amazed to know many new things.
thank u all for the comments upto now.
plz also throw a light on the security provided to these police officers by the government.if a police officer of a low rank from constable to the SHO kill a decoit or criminal or a terrorist in an encounter take for granted, wot do they get from the government? don't u think that they threaten their own life by killing such a culprit as, in most cases, the criminals ralso retaliate and murder the police officer who killed their colleague?

on the other hand, what role does the judiciary play in this regard.if police nabs some criminals and after registering an FIR the criminals r sent to the session courts or high courts for judicial inquiry and punishments,it has been, most of the times, seen that there is going on a lot of corruption in these courts.the criminals r not properly tried,they r given protocol.the judges give verdict in favour of the criminals.just a lac of rupees (100,000) can do the trick for the relatives of the criminal.and the criminals r set free by the corrupt judges.
this is what????Is this not a travesty of justice?? Is this not a slap into the face of the performance of the police department??? don't u think that this factor demoralises the morale of the police officers?

plz throw light upon this issue and then we wl head to the next problem.

Nek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromQAU View Post
if a police officer of a low rank from constable to the SHO kill a decoit or criminal or a terrorist in an encounter take for granted, wot do they get from the government? don't u think that they threaten their own life by killing such a culprit as, in most cases, the criminals ralso retaliate and murder the police officer who killed their colleague?

on the other hand, what role does the judiciary play in this regard.if police nabs some criminals and after registering an FIR the criminals r sent to the session courts or high courts for judicial inquiry and punishments,it has been, most of the times, seen that there is going on a lot of corruption in these courts.the criminals r not properly tried,they r given protocol.the judges give verdict in favour of the criminals.just a lac of rupees (100,000) can do the trick for the relatives of the criminal.and the criminals r set free by the corrupt judges.
this is what????Is this not a travesty of justice?? Is this not a slap into the face of the performance of the police department??? don't u think that this factor demoralises the morale of the police officers?
I totally agree with you and I think there are certain elements in government that support criminals. those police officers which perform this act of boldness, are really endangering their lives and it is fact that many experienced, brave and honest police officers have lost their lives. Government has nothing to do with their bravery, honesty and sincerity. Whenever any policeman is killed by criminals, no body condole with his family neither govt nor any NGOs, social organization, human rights com, etc
But sorry to say that whenever any criminal is killed all the NGOs, human rights etc speak out and say that this is violation of basic human rights and they go to their home sympathize with their families, give them financial support. What is this??? They (govt,NGos etc) in fact advertise criminals and that’s why crime rapidly flourishes in our society.

sillent.killer will become famous soon enough

http://www.youtube.com/v/t8RSJ7V4BTk

Last edited by Princess Royal; Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: video added from youtube
The Following User Says Thank You to sillent.killer For This Useful Post:
fromQAU (Thursday, May 13, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

The office of the Police research & Development Bureau in Islamabad is full of research reports/proposals for the improvement of police force but nothing happend so far.
The solution is simple ! If we can raise an effecient and corruption-free police on Motorways, we can also do it in the districts.First raise a force for one district on the pattern of Motorway Police, then select a district and transfer the existing police from there to other districts, and post the new Police in that district. The result will show the comparison of two. Replicate the experiment in other districts step by step and the problem is solved !
Old Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

@formqau

our police is very active and brilliant.
problem is they cannot follow law.some bad culture has been developed.
2 divisions which are not so obvious.
one is elite police(ASP and above ASP)
other is below ASP.
this is a big problem and has seriously damaged image of police.
i know a person,i canno t recall his name ,i think its Gulzar hussain and he is sp ,promoted from an inspector to such grade because of his achievements.
similarly zulfiqar cheema in gujrawala is doing great job,he managed very well.
similarly Sp dr.usman is doing a good job,a very nice person.i have many examples from SHOs to SPs,doing great job.
problem lies when it comes to politics.
corruption takes place where there is ground for it.a SHO is normally an inspector and he hardly gets any sleep in a day ,very tough schedule and yet he is not sure ,whether he will stay SHO for next morning or not. one phone call and you report to line.so its the fault in system.
secondly ignorance in power.many of lower staff are hardly educated people and they believe in many inhuman things.so no more comments on them
yes money is an issue.
police department can be improved,they need better facilities,weapons,gadgets,modern training and many more things. its duty of government to update but i am sorry ,it does not seem to happen in immediate future. still they control crime in many areas.yes police has flaws but its not their fault completely.
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

@Deadly Doctors

You have presented a good picture of police department. Leadership qualities play an important role and in case of Punjab, the CM has a good strategy for improving performance of police and he selected honest police officers throughout the country. Mr. Aslam Tareen from Balochistan has been placed with important position of RPO Rawalpindi due to his fame as well reputed officer. Police Force want to be encouraged and according to newspapers CM Punjab has given them complete powers and they are not held accountable for minor things. So a good leader can also bring good changes in a system to facilitate the people.

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

i have been in touch with police officers in different cities and i observe they don't want crime to have a easy go. but they have problems. look what threats they have all the time:
media threat
human rights
courts
political leaders
higher officials
no enough pay
large areas to control
area controllers like traders in market etc.
biggest of all TERRORISM
they are answerable to or for it
CM sb buhat kuch acha kehtey he, but one cannot work properly in such threats.half of police of lahore is busy for VIP movements mostly.CM sb ki batey suhanaey khwab jaisee he
still people are doing great job.i salute them
we cannot blame the whole department for some black sheeps.
police wala bechara corruption kr be ley to kitni ? what about other departments where amount starts from billions of rupees.
police wala to her jaga zaleel hota he,gar pe b,bahir b officers me b,awam me waisey he budnaam he.
definitely need some air
fromQAU (Wednesday, May 12, 2010), mangat1 (Thursday, July 15, 2010)
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Police jawans lead a miserable life but not their officers. Their living standard should be raised. Police Constables and Head Constable represent the state on roads, police stations etc, they are in majority in formation of police force but no such steps have been taken to facilitate them. Police Officers are not seen on patrolling rather they confine themselves to a artificial shell and lead a secluded and mysterious life to avoid social interaction.

CM Punjab has provided the cover to Police saving them from media, courts, human rights and political leaders. They have been given free hand while dealing criminals and according to news many notorious gangs have be eliminated successfully and law and order situation in Punjab is better than the previous govts.

We should call a spade a spade, corruption is wrong wither its a penny or billions. We can't ignore it and give police the right to indulge in it because of the reason that other institutions are also corrupt. Police is very important department change in its performance can bring far-reaching affects in the society. If there is justice and sound law and order situation there would be investment in the country, people will not die grabbing power, jobs in education and medical sector would be preferred and there would be great change in the system of the country.

Majority of CSS Aspirants desire for PSP and DMG and basic reason is to secure oneself and family, to get power and some are of the ambition to change the system. Why people prefer these type of dangerous jobs with limited salary and packages, reason may be to get power, some people also think for corruption. We live in such a society where an ASI has respect but a professor, doctor, engineer and intellectuals carry no weight.

We live in a power conscious society, here people are weighted with wealth and power. We have to change the psyche and this system. We must respect people regardless of their status and respect the humanity not positions.

Javed Chaudry wrote in his column that once police raided the house of a doctor to arrest his brother in suspicion of a case, they brutally mistreated doctor because his brother was allegedly involved in a case. Javed Chaudry says that police said to doctor, "tho kia hua thum doctor ho aasman se tho nhi aye". Doctor after some days meet with Javed Chaurdy and sought some books and guidance, appeared in CSS, joined PSP and quit the sacred job of Doctor. That is the problem that our country is still developing and not developed yet.
fromQAU (Wednesday, May 12, 2010)
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

@crown prince
bro itz true that pakistani social and political culture is a power-ridden."might is right principle" has been running the show.but this is not the topic of our discussion.we can discuss this issue at length in a separate thread.we are talking abt weaknesses of the police department and overhauling it.u have thrown a refulgent light over the infirm subsistence of this department but consistently ignored the aspect of reinvigorating it.the evolution of a society from dark-pushed to enlightened driven is a long and tedious process.and hopefully there is going to be a phenomenal change in the coming decade that wl be characterised with almost 90% literacy rate and adequate manpower. so,
I assure u to be hopeful of the best.the main problem with this department is the feudo-political interference.the politicians and the feudals are guarded mostly by the nominated and most wanted criminals.i can give u many examples of a number of ministers of this govt. if any police officer is irksome to them, he either gets transfer notice or is got suspended and even dismissed at times. Next day the media also publish such reports that the police officer was dismissed for being accomplice of criminals.yar there are many hardships that a police officer faces in the discharge of his duties.u all people just know what the media publish and broadcast.this is quite analogous to the way the western media has been propagating against islam.there r many ground realities that u people do not want to take notice of.even then the police department is working good if not the best.

@deadly doctor:
sir u hv really been impressive.i totally agree with u.ur comments are highly commendable. Itz not just the police department to be blamed for all this murky scenario rather there are many complexes, complexities and complications interlocking, interacting and inter-playing at the same time.

@silent killer
Nek Muhammad

really i m also grateful to u friends for such nice posts and contribution.
The Following User Says Thank You to fromQAU For This Useful Post:
Provincial Civil Service

@fromQAU

You have highlighted a very importation problem faced by police. DPO is a key position in a district and an officer can't be posted with the approval of local influential personalities i.e. MNA, MPA, District Nazim, feudal lords etc. How can we expect good performance from them while they are posted by these influential people? Prior to posting they should be agree with them on terms and those who don't comply with their demands are tranfered same is the case with DCO in a district.