Monday, April 29, 2024
05:35 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough
Default Who Should Do CSS?

Before reading the following, I'd like to make it Clear that the post is not to discriminate anyone and neither I am trying to start something controversial however This is a serious topic that must be discussed, If someone feels offended feel free to let me know and I would happily apologize but I'd suggest one should think out of the box and comment.

As we know, CSS jobs are not highly paid. When I say highly paid, I say it comparatively. This is why, I think that CSS should only be attempted by people who have a strong financial family background. This is because, that If one attempts CSS and does not have a sound financial background, it is very likely that he/she will indulge in corruption (Not necessarily, but highly likely). I personally know some people, from middle class families who were facing troubles for their home rents and when their son(s) were selected in Services like PSP, DMG etc .. They have now build their own houses in cities like Islamabad, Karachi & Lahore etc and all this has happened within 4-8 years of service (not more). How is this possible for a bps-17 or bps-18 to do this? I am sure even a bps-22 cannot do this as long as he/she is honest.

For a better and bright Pakistan, I think this topic is highly debatable. I am not saying that everyone from middle class families will be corrupt, NO .. That's not the case. Even Rich people can be corrupt as hell but chances are lesser as compared to ppl with not a sound financial background ..

I have many other things to discuss regarding this issue but I Don't want to offend anyone .. It can only be discussed further if people here wants to discuss it and does not consider it controversial and offending. In case, it's considered discriminating and offending, I request the MODs to delete this thread and it will not be discussed any further.

Thanks!
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,060 Posts
Taimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
Before reading the following, I'd like to make it Clear that the post is not to discriminate anyone and neither I am trying to start something controversial however This is a serious topic that must be discussed, If someone feels offended feel free to let me know and I would happily apologize but I'd suggest one should think out of the box and comment.

As we know, CSS jobs are not highly paid. When I say highly paid, I say it comparatively. This is why, I think that CSS should only be attempted by people who have a strong financial family background. This is because, that If one attempts CSS and does not have a sound financial background, it is very likely that he/she will indulge in corruption (Not necessarily, but highly likely). I personally know some people, from middle class families who were facing troubles for their home rents and when their son(s) were selected in Services like PSP, DMG etc .. They have now build their own houses in cities like Islamabad, Karachi & Lahore etc and all this has happened within 4-8 years of service (not more). How is this possible for a bps-17 or bps-18 to do this? I am sure even a bps-22 cannot do this as long as he/she is honest.

For a better and bright Pakistan, I think this topic is highly debatable. I am not saying that everyone from middle class families will be corrupt, NO .. That's not the case. Even Rich people can be corrupt as hell but chances are lesser as compared to ppl with not a sound financial background ..

I have many other things to discuss regarding this issue but I Don't want to offend anyone .. It can only be discussed further if people here wants to discuss it and does not consider it controversial and offending. In case, it's considered discriminating and offending, I request the MODs to delete this thread and it will not be discussed any further.

Thanks!
CSS is mostly attempted by middle class people. the people from highly financial background are involved in business.
and If middle class people do not attempt for CSS then what should they do?
what is the guarantee that thay will not involve in corruption, if they adopt another profession rather then civil services?
what is the guarantee that people with highly financial background will not involve in corruption?
and if I quote our political leaders, r they from middle class families?
and if I quote some beaurucrates, who r involved in corruption are from highly financial background then what will be ur answer?
so in my opinion everybody who thinks himself/herself capable of doing css must attempt the exam.

ali36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by taimoorgondal

CSS is mostly attempted by middle class people. the people from highly financial background are involved in business.
what is the guarantee that thay will not involve in corruption, if they adopt another profession rather then civil services?
what is the guarantee that people with highly financial background will not involve in corruption?
and if I quote some beaurucrates, who r involved in corruption are from highly financial background then what will be ur answer?
so in my opinion everybody who thinks himself/herself capable of doing css must attempt the exam.
2 Hours Ago 06:20 PM

agree with u .Because evil minded person can belong to any of the social classes,ie,lower,middle and upper.We cannot say the upper class comprises of angels who will not do corruption.Rather tendency for corruption is prevailing more in upper class,take a look at our politicians.Recent scam of khanan and kalia exchange, also supports above assumption and there r alot more such cases.In short,we cannot generalise practice of corruption on the basis of class division.

Last edited by Predator; Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,060 Posts
Taimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali36 View Post
I agree with u .Because evil minded person can belong to any of the social classes,ie,lower,middle and upper.We cannot say the upper class comprises of angels who will not do corruption.Rather tendency for corruption is prevailing more in upper class,take a look at our politicians.Recent scam of khanan and kalia exchange, also supports above assumption and there r alot more such cases.In short,we cannot generalise practice of corruption on the basis of class division.
not only khanani and kalia but also NLC, Stock exchange, steel mills, rental power plants,BOP,and even in flood donations and a long list.
who were involved?
middle class or high class?
so class is not criteria for corruption.
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about

95%+ of CSPs do indulge in corruption and nepotism. Anyone who says that he is attempting CSS for a prosperous Pakistan and will not take bribes/indulge in corruption is straight forward lying. Power & Money are the only motives. Why else do you think people with 100k+/month jobs attempt CSS?

It may sound harsh but I challenge all of you to look in your own family and if there is a CSP, get him audited. You will find his assets (or those in his family's name or servants) to be much much more than his means.

Has anyone ever though why do CSPs do not protest about their low salaries? Even peaceful protests? Not even a single application in higher judiciary? Thats because they have various 'other sources'. On the other hand, take a look at Young Doctors Association which is getting a regular beating at the hand of police yet they are still protesting which stands at a meager 22,000 and that is after clearing FCPS part 1 which has a lower passing rate than CSS!! Rofl @ BS-18 grade officer living peacefully in 35,000/month. Maybe the currency is USD and not PKR

I have a gut feeling that this post is going to be deleted as no one like to hear the truth. Reality is always harsh
The Following User Says Thank You to mani1 For This Useful Post:
ShirazaH86 (Tuesday, March 15, 2011)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taimoorgondal View Post
CSS is mostly attempted by middle class people
That's the reason I started this thread.

Quote:
the people from highly financial background are involved in business.
That's not true. Not every rich man indulge in business, most of the rich people now a days are Landlords and/or vadairas etc. They don't manage the lands themselves, they have people under them and most of the time they are sitting and relaxing and doing nothing. Many rich people have attempted CSS and are now known for their honesty (at least to me) Again, I am not an angel or prophet so I can be wrong ..

Also, If they do corruption in anything else, that will not effect pakistan as bad as if they do corruption in civil services of pakistan. Get my point?

Quote:
No Guarantee. However, logical thinking can be done here. If you already have a huge sum of money, lets suppose 50 million. And I come up to you, and offer you 2 million .. what are the chances you will agree? You might indulge in a very high-level corruption, but the corruption that effects most of the people is not that HIGH-level one

Quote:
My answer will be that find out their stats before joining politics and after joining politics, you will see the difference.

Quote:
True. But you are not even close to the thought I am currently having, It's very hard for me to explain my friend. You fail to see the point that I NEVER SAID that ALL middle class people are corrupt neither did I said that all RICH people are not corrupt .. Black sheeps are in every walk of life

RidaNoor is on a distinguished road

Am afraid Mani1 is right... its true most of the CSPs are involved in corruption (exceptions are always there). Its a reality,,, May be they keep going this way but someone has to take the step to bring change... may be it sound funny but truly speaking u know we cant keep on going this way...

Chauhdary12 will become famous soon enoughChauhdary12 will become famous soon enough

@ Mani1

Sir, i disagree, not all the CSPs are corrupt, you can not blame and disgrace all. There may be some black sheep in society but mostly the CSPs are committed to their duties honestly.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali36 View Post
I agree with u .Because evil minded person can belong to any of the social classes,ie,lower,middle and upper.We cannot say the upper class comprises of angels who will not do corruption.Rather tendency for corruption is prevailing more in upper class,take a look at our politicians.Recent scam of khanan and kalia exchange, also supports above assumption and there r alot more such cases.In short,we cannot generalise practice of corruption on the basis of class division.

You fail to understand that the politicians were not as rich before they joined politics. They were rich, no doubt but they were not SUPER-RICH as they are now. Most of the politicians are coming from grand-father, father, son (same families) which are again Landlords and vadairas mostly .. A Person with huge amount of money will not sell his morals and ethics for a small amount. Trust me, on the upper class the corruption is lesser than on the middle class. Think your self, "x" is a officer from middle class, he wants to have luxuries and all that .. he is offered 500,000 RS for something under him .. what are the chances he will reject it? Now suppose "y" is someone who has a wealth of 50000000 and he is offered 500,000 .. what are the chances he will Accept this bribe? you think he will sell his self-respect for such a low price while he already owns 100 times more than what is offered? it's just a logical thought
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
95%+ of CSPs do indulge in corruption and nepotism. Anyone who says that he is attempting CSS for a prosperous Pakistan and will not take bribes/indulge in corruption is straight forward lying. Power & Money are the only motives. Why else do you think people with 100k+/month jobs attempt CSS?
Exactly my friend. That's exactly what I was trying to say but I didn't had the guts to put it as straight as you have put it, Really this is my biggest worry.

Quote:
It may sound harsh but I challenge all of you to look in your own family and if there is a CSP, get him audited. You will find his assets (or those in his family's name or servants) to be much much more than his means.
lol exactly, Personal observation proves what you said. I know some people who have almost 2000 Jirab+ lands only on their servant names (Talking of CSPs) and most of them are buying houses in isb etc like one buys t-shirts for himself .. It's sad to see this though, but its true .. most of the black money is never kept on one's on name, either relatives who are close and trusted or servants names are used .. Very true bro

Quote:
Has anyone ever though why do CSPs do not protest about their low salaries? Even peaceful protests? Not even a single application in higher judiciary? Thats because they have various 'other sources'. On the other hand, take a look at Young Doctors Association which is getting a regular beating at the hand of police yet they are still protesting which stands at a meager 22,000 and that is after clearing FCPS part 1 which has a lower passing rate than CSS!! Rofl @ BS-18 grade officer living peacefully in 35,000/month. Maybe the currency is USD and not PKR
Again, very nicely explained. You are bringing up everything I have in my mind lol but I wanted more people involved before discussing these points .. good you already bring them up

Quote:
I have a gut feeling that this post is going to be deleted as no one like to hear the truth. Reality is always harsh
It'll be really sad if that happens, because it is as true as 2+2 = 4
Closed Thread