Sunday, April 28, 2024
03:10 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, March 28, 2011

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
[B]Oh god .. Why do people poke their nose where it's not wanted? Are you trying to say that the Gov Of Pakistan is a fool for relying on DMG's stupid decisions and for ignoring your WISE thoughts and decisions? lol, Trust me, They are more experienced and knowledgeable than you or me and they know what's good and bad for the country better than I or you do. Let them do their job, criticize It If you don't like it however don't recommend name-calling (As you are, by supporting french) [/B
Who are you to tell us whether to poke our nose or not.Are you mod ? don't be so haughty.ok.
It was just our opinion which we shared n you took it to a whole new turn.Do you think only you reserve the right to opinion.not we.n my post was not for you that you bombarded me with your empty rhetoric.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gulrukh For This Useful Post:
french (Monday, March 28, 2011), tranquil (Monday, March 28, 2011)

Andrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really nice

@mukt

This is not the first time you have use polemic tone in your posts. Earlier, your post was edited and you were warned about it. We have also observed you made new threads to settle score with other members when the controversial one was closed.

If you keep going on like this, we will have to take strict measures.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Dufresne For This Useful Post:
french (Monday, March 28, 2011), Gulrukh (Monday, March 28, 2011), shtanzeel (Monday, March 28, 2011), tranquil (Monday, March 28, 2011)

shtanzeel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulrukh View Post
Who are you to tell us whether to poke our nose or not.Are you mod ? don't be so haughty.ok.
It was just our opinion which we shared n you took it to a whole new turn.Do you think only you reserve the right to opinion.not we.n my post was not for you that you bombarded me with your empty rhetoric.
Agreed sir, its right of mods to say such. Sir mukt should have made complaint to mods for removal of word on which he has reservations.

And even if french has called DMG as Dictator minded group. Is it something too bad? mr. mukht may visit some senior DMG officer, at least above 5th common, not junior than that. And get their comments at officers like Afzal Kahut, AZK Sherdil, Mehr Jeewan Khan, and majority of them. Aren't their behaviours like dictator. A blood relation of mine, a senior DMG, he also is no doubt dictator minded and all his batchmates, so its nothing v offensive remarked by French.

However, Mods may make a better decision in this regard.
The Following User Says Thank You to shtanzeel For This Useful Post:
french (Monday, March 28, 2011)
Old Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mard e Mujahid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtanzeel View Post
Agreed sir, its right of mods to say such. Sir mukt should have made complaint to mods for removal of word on which he has reservations.

And even if french has called DMG as Dictator minded group. Is it something too bad? mr. mukht may visit some senior DMG officer, at least above 5th common, not junior than that. And get their comments at officers like Afzal Kahut, AZK Sherdil, Mehr Jeewan Khan, and majority of them. Aren't their behaviours like dictator. A blood relation of mine, a senior DMG, he also is no doubt dictator minded and all his batchmates, so its nothing v offensive remarked by French.

However, Mods may make a better decision in this regard.

For the record, I MUST intervene here.
I personally met an officer of the 2nd common (OMG) who was subordinate to both Mr. Afzal Kahut and Mr. AZK Sherdil.
He is from the OFFICE MANAGEMENT GROUP. And he says that AZK Sherdil and Afzal Kahut were both honest and upright officers.
And Mr. Kahut was the only bureaucrat in the Federal Govt. who had the courage to stand up to Musharraf and tell him his true worth to his face. He is WIDELY respected in the Civil Bureaucracy.

We are not agents of the govt. and DMG for supporting the devolution of HEC.
We might not even agree with it.
What we ARE against is that SOLELY blaming DMG for EVERY thing bad that happens to Pak is "madness". We must think rationally.
This thread should be closed as a whole since it is senseless, irrational and is marring the reputation of a group of officers who are amongst the best and brightest of the country.

If you think the DMG is so bad, why don't you join it and improve it?

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:14 AM.

Thanked 1,074 Times in 471 Posts
Ali Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to behold
Default A relevant article: The last stand for Higher Education Commission

This article may help fellows to comprehend the complications in devolving the current status of HEC:

The last stand for Higher Education Commission
By Peer Muhammad
Published: March 27, 2011

ISLAMABAD:
Vice chancellors (VC) of public universities made a strong but futile attempt to push for the Higher Education Commission (HEC) to retain its current role.

VCs from more than 36 public sector universities along with HEC Chairperson Dr Javed Laghari and Executive Director Dr Sohail Naqvi met with the Commission for Implementation of the 18th Amendment on Saturday.

Dr Laghari, in his presentation to the committee, stated that the 18th Amendment fully supported the current powers and functions of the HEC. He said the provinces and universities had a strong and forceful voice in the HEC. “They are full participants and decision makers in the development and implementation of all plans for the promotion of higher education in the country. Therefore [there is no need to devolve the HEC],” he argued.

The vice chancellors unanimously agreed that the HEC had done a great job in the past eight years and its existence in its present shape would only ensure the maintainance of high standards of education in the country. They said the commission must continue to perform all its functions in the same manner as it has been doing to date.

The VCs observed that transferring the higher education system to the provinces would complicate education policies and implementation processes. Smaller provinces would be affected due to their lack of capacity to handle matters pertaining to higher education.

However, implementation commission chairperson Senator Raza Rabbani said HEC has no role in the future except setting standards and regulation of higher education, according to the commission’s interpretation of the 18th Amendment.

“The recurring expenses and development funding of universities have already been transferred to the provinces. No further funding will be channelled through the HEC,” the senator said.

The committee accepted that the provinces currently do not have the capacity to perform HEC’s functions. They were however of the opinion that “within due time the provinces would be able to sort out the modalities of managing higher education,” according to an official who attended the meeting.

The committee said it would consult the vice chancellors and stakeholders while drafting the parameters of new laws pertaining to higher education at federal and provincial levels.

Later, a 10-member delegation called upon Rabbani to convince him to retain the HEC in its current shape. However, sources revealed that Rabbani did not accept the idea and said there was no reason to rescind the parliament’s decision to devolve the HEC’s functions to the provinces.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 27th, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

@ Ali Ahmed Syed, yes this article showed the plight of the HEC and i had already referred its link in my post.
http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...akistan-2.html

Inner story, Senator Rabbani was not in good mood to discuss the issue with the top brass of the HEC as well as of the universities. ... They want to grind the axe on HEC...
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dufresne View Post
@mukt

This is not the first time you have use polemic tone in your posts. Earlier, your post was edited and you were warned about it. We have also observed you made new threads to settle score with other members when the controversial one was closed.

Tit for tat, Don't expect me to go on the defensive If someone Is trying to be on the offensive. How on earth calling someone a "fool" is humble and acceptable?

I was NEVER warned, In fact, I opened a thread suggesting the forum to at least INFORM the members when their topics are moved from one section to another or If their posts are edited or removed so that they may know where they went wrong and can correct themselves In future. It's not to hard to code a function for this, In fact many are available online which will do the job. A Warning should be sent via PM so that It can be ensured that the user has received and understood it.

Quote:
If you keep going on like this, we will have to take strict measures.
I do agree that access to this forum is a privilege and NOT a right, So, If you feel I am crossing my limits or If I am not welcome here anymore, Feel free to practice your powers and exercise your right to BAN me. I will live with it.

Quote:
mkth bhai
aap ki education kia hai?
are u simple BA or what?
Have u studies in any regular campus of any university?

Plz respond,
I am currently studying in one of the top university of Pakistan, doing Bachelors of computer science (Specializing In Software Development & Internet Security) and will hopefully Receive a bachelors (hons) degree by the start of 2012, InshAllah.

Quote:
You have totally misunderstood my point. I was trying to say that those who are In-charge Of the Issue are more knowledgeable and experienced than both you and I and therefore They must have considered all the drawbacks and benefits and they know their job well. You can criticize them but you have no right of name-calling and/or making statements like "LETS PAY BACK THIS CORRUPT COUNTRY WITH WHAT THEY GIVE US" blah blah for you have no Proper knowledge of how things are being handled

I Apologize If I have hurt the feelings of anyone Intentionally or Unintentionally however I cannot say false things just to make people happy

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice

Quote:
Tit for tat, Don't expect me to go on the defensive If someone Is trying to be on the offensive. How on earth calling someone a "fool" is humble and acceptable?
I have never called you '' fool ''...don't find excuses.

Quote:
You have totally misunderstood my point. I was trying to say that those who are In-charge Of the Issue are more knowledgeable and experienced than both you and I and therefore They must have considered all the drawbacks and benefits and they know their job well. You can criticize them but you have no right of name-calling and/or making statements like "LETS PAY BACK THIS CORRUPT COUNTRY WITH WHAT THEY GIVE US" blah blah for you have no Proper knowledge of how things are being handled
I know there are more concerned people who are wiser n more responsible than us.n I know we have no voice.They are wise and then let them do whatever they think best.n I never said any thing about my country.All I said was against this CORRUPT GOVERNMENT..
They are taking revenge becaz of that degree attestation power of this body or simply becaz they don't care about education...These damn parliamentarians..Let them do whatever they think BEST N IN OUR INTEREST.but don't adopt this idealistic approach that sab theek hai..galat hai to galat kaho..n this is what we are saying.
Its an attack on our higher education.n look at their timing dearz.
Things are creepy friends.admit it or adopt the Paki approach.n that is utter aloofness..
The Following User Says Thank You to Gulrukh For This Useful Post:
french (Tuesday, March 29, 2011)

shtanzeel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mard e Mujahid View Post
For the record, I MUST intervene here.
I personally met an officer of the 2nd common (OMG) who was subordinate to both Mr. Afzal Kahut and Mr. AZK Sherdil.
He is from the OFFICE MANAGEMENT GROUP. And he says that AZK Sherdil and Afzal Kahut were both honest and upright officers.
And Mr. Kahut was the only bureaucrat in the Federal Govt. who had the courage to stand up to Musharraf and tell him his true worth to his face. He is WIDELY respected in the Civil Bureaucracy.

We are not agents of the govt. and DMG for supporting the devolution of HEC.
We might not even agree with it.
What we ARE against is that SOLELY blaming DMG for EVERY thing bad that happens to Pak is "madness". We must think rationally.
This thread should be closed as a whole since it is senseless, irrational and is marring the reputation of a group of officers who are amongst the best and brightest of the country.

If you think the DMG is so bad, why don't you join it and improve it?

Afzal kahut was respected, amazing. He was so much respected that in lahore, the sweepers, during his posting at lahore, had beaten honorable kahut in his own office. Plus, when any officer used to enter office of secretary estab. how he used to behave? majority know it v well.

All these were v courteous to their seniors; AZK used to stand at airport to recieve CSP like Mian Mehboob in quetta. But when he had to deal with any junior, he used to not even listen what the juniors were saying.

Although both had some favourites to whom they were v favorable. they remained their subordinates every where where they went. , rest majority used to do toba from the name of afzal kahut. although not from sherdil to that extent. Kahut was at least known as most unsuitable man as secy estab.

Rest, just a single officer of OMG of 2nd common is not enough. You can consult those officers of 2nd common who were badly affected by kahut's attitude. whose carreers, promotions, postings were ruined by kahut. if you compare him with current secretary estab abdul rauf ch, of 2nd common, how much strict he be; but a man of honor and dignity. No one can dare to point out a finger on him for a single rupee of corruption. talks with manners to subordinates.
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulrukh View Post
I have never called you '' fool ''...don't find excuses.
I am quoting from your previous post and I quote "let them live in fool's paradise where every thing is well n people like you prick their bubbles".

Quote:
I know there are more concerned people who are wiser n more responsible than us.n I know we have no voice.They are wise and then let them do whatever they think best.n I never said any thing about my country.All I said was against this CORRUPT GOVERNMENT..
They are taking revenge becaz of that degree attestation power of this body or simply becaz they don't care about education...These damn parliamentarians..Let them do whatever they think BEST N IN OUR INTEREST.but don't adopt this idealistic approach that sab theek hai..galat hai to galat kaho..n this is what we are saying.
Its an attack on our higher education.n look at their timing dearz.
Things are creepy friends.admit it or adopt the Paki approach.n that is utter aloofness..
In the above, You clearly stated you said nothing about your country then let me Quote from your previous post and I quote, you said "If this government has options then we have ours...what about paying them in same coins n never return back to this corrupt country"

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mukt For This Useful Post:
Mard e Mujahid (Tuesday, March 29, 2011)
Closed Thread

Tags
hec devolution