Sunday, April 28, 2024
03:16 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, October 10, 2011

Fading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really nice
Default Religious Intolerance

while going through the newspaper i come across with a news from Egypt that "riots over church attack in Egypt claim 19 lives". it saddened me. a few days back on this prestigious forum there was a thread which became controversial and was deleted by the Mods, showed the same. i don't want to comment on anything, neither i want to highlight what is going on on religious front nor i want to exert my views about what i think of religion and tolerance. i just want to discuss that why we do not tolerate and accept others beliefs... ? with every passing day the condition is worsening and the religious intolerence is rising at a rapid pace. we hear about a POPE in US is going to ablaze the HOLY QURAN. in a Muslim state there is no security for church. and what to talk about other religions, there are differences among the Muslims following different sects. the brutal exercises in BALUCHISTAN against SHIA PILGRIMS is the latest example. the mumtaz qadri episode is also an example of the topic under discussion. why the human lives have become so cheap that we kill them for mere belief, for which even we don't know whether it is right or wrong? why we do not pay respect to others when every divine religion preaches, advocates and protects human rights? why we, even the educated among us, do not show respect towards others' beliefs..... ?
fatimak (Thursday, October 13, 2011), JazibRoomi (Wednesday, October 12, 2011)

Faseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura aboutFaseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura aboutFaseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura about

I have an opinion of my own that is purely my personal view and other might out-rightly denounce it as well. I think that religious intolerance in Pakistan is a logical event that had to occur after this divide. It is not good or to-be-welcomed attitude but it had a logic behind it.

Now consider united India. Muslims where in minority. There Ulemas in United Hindustan were more focused on Non-Muslims that they always tried to be converted to Islam. Their energies and their audience was primarily Non-Muslims. And then Pakistan emerged out of Untied Hindustan.

Now my question is where went that audience that was previously addressed by these Ulemas??? Pakistan is an overwhelmingly Muslim Country by population, So whom should they address now??

This is the point where our own respectable Ulema either intentionally or unintentionally stepped into creating sects or groups in Pakistan. This was their audience that used to be Non Muslims in Hindustan.

It appeals to my common sense as we see that influence of Ulemas is measured by the no. of people that are under his influence. So in order to prove himself or his sect superior they highlighted the difference in-between different sects that are now blood-thirsty enemy of each others.

Second reason to me is the failure of our entire nation to understand & acknowledge the benefits of democracy and yield benefit out of it. We do not act as a nation!! We have got diversified interests that occasionally overlap. This result is near-to-zero progress and development of our country.

Take up newspaper or switch on TV, you will see so many suicide stories: people along with their children and other family members are committing suicide out of hunger and poverty!! They have almost next-to-nil ray of hope associated with today's system and today's Pakistan. You can understand the level of disappointment when a men kills his wife and children and then commits suicide.

Today our nation is not interested in any system that might be brought forward by Ulemas and Religious leaders, they are actually blindly following them for a "Change".

As the grass is always greener on the other side of fence, so they are just hopping that some sought of Islamic System might solve their problem. However in my opinion nothing will change unless we ourselves start following Islam in our daily lives.

To me the religious intolerance has always existed, to some degree, in one shape or other. Today it has been highlighted by media. Muslims sometimes by their actions also provoke feelings that are been picked by Non-Muslim media and they use it to isolate Muslims and vise versa.

Do you remember the idol-statues that were demolished by Taliban/Jahadi's in Afghanistan. That action of theirs resulted in so many Quran Sharifs ablaze in India (as far as i can remember). Now i am unable to understnad the logic underneath in the action of such demolition when we can perceive a similar a counter-reaction across the border.

To me our failure as a nation is the primary reason why society is inclined toward intolerance. Pressures: Social, Economic, Racial etc are resulting in a sentiment that "we can't bear any more!! Just stop it or bring something else!!" And what else?? We (our masses) actually do not know!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faseeh Muhammad For This Useful Post:
Fading Glimpse (Monday, October 10, 2011), game on (Monday, October 10, 2011), JazibRoomi (Wednesday, October 12, 2011), Shooting Star (Monday, October 10, 2011)

sahens is on a distinguished road

Well being sticked with the topic "Religion and Tolerance", there are certain barriers which can not be crossed and so far not to be tolerated as well. We, being muslims, are in this world to be the peace disseminators. I will more likely talk about Islam, as being the focal point and our religion as well. Islam can also be a synonym to peace in fact. I would like to share a recent incident in my place. In Stockholm, a lot of masses come and apply for assylums. I have personally observed some tragic scenes by the Pakistani people coming here and getting the status of assylum-seekers. But a new virtue has been adopted now a days. Many of the Arabs and some of the Pakistanis have changed their religion and turned to the Christianty, for expediting the process of their legal documentation of stay in this country. Previously or traditionally, assylums were applied by distressed parts of our country, but now spectrums are colossally revived.

As in our religion, those who give up Islam and turn to any other religion, are said to be the MURTIDS and they are liable to be hanged. So, the Imam of Central Mosque of Stockholm, has issued a FATWA recently, clearly mentioning that all those who gave-up Islam for some other religion, must be martyred. Right after that statement, so called human rights activist Swedish Government has started castigating the statement by Imam. I go through a column almost regularly, strongly criticizing the Islam and Islamic way of life.

What to be counter measured in this regard???/
Fading Glimpse (Monday, October 10, 2011)

Fading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really nice

faseeh i partially agree with your views but brother i didn't talk about particularly Muslims or Pakistan or the condition before Pakistan. neither i am concerned about what ulemaa are doing etc.... i just wanted to discuss that why we do not pay respect to others' religious beliefs.....
40th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason:

Suman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiashah View Post
faseeh i partially agree with your views but brother i didn't talk about particularly Muslims or Pakistan or the condition before Pakistan. neither i am concerned about what ulemaa are doing etc.... i just wanted to discuss that why we do not pay respect to others' religious beliefs.....
people from every religion and sect think that only THEY are right and all other religions and people are wrong.when they think this how will they respect other's religious beliefs and will be tolerant towards other religions?
Fading Glimpse (Monday, October 10, 2011), Faseeh Muhammad (Tuesday, October 11, 2011), mjkhan (Wednesday, October 12, 2011)
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS -  Merti 5

kal3m will become famous soon enoughkal3m will become famous soon enough
Default Tolerance

Dear members.
I would like to discuss some points in detail,
As Jiashah feels, every true muslim feels it. There is a simple reason of this intolerance and riots and clash between religions. the main reason as mostly I use to say is "Following the western laws while we were given the divine law", I read a news in dawn a day or two before. Saudia had beheaded 8 bangalis, well lot of the NGO's and human right bodies criticized the punishment. And with them many western like minded did criticized, First of all, Every country have to follow its religion, and as we muslims should also, I appreciate what saudia did because it is islamic, and the tradition of prophet narrates "implementation of one had is better than the prosperous 40 years"

And I will disagree with people saying it conservative or out of world as I read a month or two ago in newspaper that china issued life sentence for a person on bribing, Every country try to make laws which can help in stabling the state and to stop crimes, and we were given the best laws but we abrogated them. scenario of Egypt is also the same, Secularism phobia as it is prevailing now a days in our country.

And in blasphemy act, what about asia bibi if she would be not sentenced for death? and what about the rymond davis who killed 3 pakistanis and was released by forcefully giving the blood money?

My simple question is Does the worth of every Muslim in Pakistan is equal?

If yes than its great and if not than consider that we are going wrong.

Its my firm belief that If no other can make a human being like us, than none of the Universal laws can create unity and peace among the humans

And as He said in Quran "The mischief has appeared in the land and sea, because of the evils earned by the hands of men, so that He may make them taste some of their doings, that haply they may turn back" Room:41

Last edited by Predator; Monday, October 10, 2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: avoid using red color
The Following User Says Thank You to kal3m For This Useful Post:

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:

1.aik to hamara rawaiya min-hasil qaum k jahilana hai

2.sonay pa sohaga ye k hum loog bohat jazbati bhi warid huwey hain

3.aur jo rahi sahi kasar hai firqa wariyat ki aag ka barhawa denay k liye wo hamarey ulama a karam poori kar detay hain.
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS -  Merti 5

kal3m will become famous soon enoughkal3m will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkhan View Post
1.aik to hamara rawaiya min-hasil qaum k jahilana hai

2.sonay pa sohaga ye k hum loog bohat jazbati bhi warid huwey hain

3.aur jo rahi sahi kasar hai firqa wariyat ki aag ka barhawa denay k liye wo hamarey ulama a karam poori kar detay hain.
Brother you are absolutely right but sectarian system can never be ended, from the ancient days of history it always remained deep rooted in the societies. Not only in Islamic societies but also in every religious group, But only a neutral state can curb and control the issues, I never meant a liberal or secular group but any Islamic group which would be also held as an answerable in the court of law if it abrogate any law. Above of all where LAW and JUSTICE prevail never ever these kind of issues emerge in the societies. In Modern World one may see that the countries which are flourishing are those which are acting according to their law, whatever and whichever it is. And 1 thing more speedy justice. Where the victim of vice could assure that He/ She will be given justice in his life. JUSTICE is a need of time. Even in our daily life . . . .

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
while going through the newspaper i come across with a news from Egypt that "riots over church attack in Egypt claim 19 lives". it saddened me. a few days back on this prestigious forum there was a thread which became controversial and was deleted by the Mods, showed the same. i don't want to comment on anything, neither i want to highlight what is going on on religious front nor i want to exert my views about what i think of religion and tolerance. i just want to discuss that why we do not tolerate and accept others beliefs... ? with every passing day the condition is worsening and the religious intolerence is rising at a rapid pace. we hear about a POPE in US is going to ablaze the HOLY QURAN. in a Muslim state there is no security for church. and what to talk about other religions, there are differences among the Muslims following different sects. the brutal exercises in BALUCHISTAN against SHIA PILGRIMS is the latest example. the mumtaz qadri episode is also an example of the topic under discussion. why the human lives have become so cheap that we kill them for mere belief, for which even we don't know whether it is right or wrong? why we do not pay respect to others when every divine religion preaches, advocates and protects human rights? why we, even the educated among us, do not show respect towards others' beliefs..... ?

hmm!!! you have started a thread which motivate us to have tolerance .but that passion is needed in all phases. why people show that tolerance -- that has roots back in history when we studied about Imam ibne temia vs shaikh abdul wahab.the first was jailed but he provoked the institutuon of ijtehad.the rulers took his pen and this pen which served as a catharsis of his religious zeal caused his death . the fundamentalsit movemnt not only started by muslims ,by Sheikh abdul wahab,but christains,zionist has also showed this passion .this tolerance ignited American revolution.so if we people have to study the religious intolerance then one should study euro-revolutin too..

1.THAT is due to fundamentalism coz Muslims want to restrained to their traditions and do not want to social change in the form of globalization.
2.the democratic agenda is agiianst Islmaic PANNIST approach

there are other cause but i have mentioned these few reasons .. so tolerance is ignited by media which is in control of west .ACCORDING to their famous personality that was agent of CIA..

"we can not create situations but we take advantage of it"
Fading Glimpse (Thursday, October 13, 2011)

M MAZHAR JADOON will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The respected member is very sad when he come across the news of Egypt church attack. He only posses a heart which shed tears over the lose of human being.
i would like to ask him that why he suggests that only muslims are liable to be blamed for religion intolerance. Historically i can prove that muslims are under the cloud. They are killed and molested every where in the world and no respect for them is shown from other modern actors.
so the contents of this writing are baseless and bias.
Fading Glimpse (Thursday, October 13, 2011)