Tuesday, May 14, 2024
01:43 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, January 21, 2012

azeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura about

Sadia Shafiq, the article published in today's Dawn is worth reading and related to the topic being discussed under this thread. The link is posted below:
Democracy and deception | Opinion | DAWN.COM .

The writer has let the cat out of bag- the same thing that I have discussed in a post above. He highlights the poor governance, and the Army's role behind the scenes in toppling the present government set-up...
SADIA SHAFIQ (Wednesday, January 25, 2012)
Old Wednesday, January 25, 2012

cssravian is on a distinguished road

Pakistan's Water: Domestic Issues
by
Umar Agha
My research on Pakistan's water security usually includes reviewing academic and governmental literature on the issue, but I also try and keep up with recent events that are germane. Last week, an interactive session called "Pakistan's Water Sector Strategy and Alternative Strategy to Resolve Critical Water Issues" was organized by the Pakistan Network of Rivers, Dams and People (PNRDP). Mr. A. N. G Abbasi, a prominent water expert in Pakistan who was formerly in charge of the Technical Committee on Water Resources, spoke at length about the various water security challenges Pakistan's current administration is facing.

Along with the problem of water disputes with India, Mr. Abbasi highlighted Pakistan's gross misuse of the water that it did have. Water distribution amongst Pakistan's provinces remained a point of contention, highlighting the lack of legal framework when it comes to environmental problems in most developing countries. The Minister of Irrigation of one of Pakistan's provinces, Sindh, Mr. Syed Murad Ali Shah, was also present and expressed frustration towards the Department of Irrigation, stating that many of its employees were only skilled at writing accounts, not actually dealing with problems in the field. Lack of expertise in technical disciplines continues to plague Pakistan's efforts to fight environmental problems.

Other goals mentioned at the convention were water conservation and dealing with water pollution. Presently, many factories operate without water treatment plants, instead directly releasing harmful waste into bodies of water, further complicating the problem of water stress by rendering even less water potable.

The Kishenganga dispute, details of which can be found in one of my previous blogs, was in the news too (http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=207389). Pakistan was disappointed, with good reason, with the World Bank's neutral expert's decision on an earlier case (Baglihar Dam; see my previous blogs). Pakistan wants justice, and is thus close to invoking a Court of Arbitration and is keeping the neutral expert option on the table only as a last resort.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to cssravian For This Useful Post:
SADIA SHAFIQ (Monday, January 30, 2012)
Old Monday, January 30, 2012

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future
Default very comprehensive reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeegum View Post
Well, even if the order 2000 was introduced or order 1861 was reverted to tackle corruption, but the underlying conditions of corruption still persist egregiously.

I want to talk over that issue so i brought this topic under dicussion.this will highlight the corruption of police institute - a mojor institute of our government .so what you have researched or have please ratify here.

Quote:
Let us just understand the key factors included in the weakness which are as follows:

• Economic: Inadequate pay, pensions and public service provision, plus large
families
you pointed here headings .And that might be borrowed some where else but it shows your deep conception regarding topic. you are poniting governmntal flaws .Due to these flaws govenmnet has to suffer corruption menace. what safeguards and oppotunities should be introduced ?? my stance is where is moral part of pubic and why they gave votes to feuds? I have seen many packages that has been intoduced by government but MNA esp MPAz gulped these hefty amounts .corruption starts from that level .public level corruption is very minute or negligebile if one is going to cpmpare with these person who hold office of government

Quote:
• Social/cultural: Conflict between demands of modern bureaucracy and demands of baradri, family, ethnic and other ties; social pressures for ostentatious demonstration of wealth, dowry and to provide for one’s children
very striking ponit.YOU bring into discussion the conflict that has hampered the democratic process. what are demands of modern bureucracy . they want well furnished bangalows .power and prestige .that tussle of power is actual cause of corruption . so NAZIMS or feuds powers are reverted back to commissionerate system .what you think will this system will sustain without corruption .if yes,then how??

Quote:
• Political: the feudal power structure at the rural level; low levels of political
competition; political instability, and intermittent military rule, have weakened
institutions; with poor example set by politicians

what is feudal structure at village level . low level of political copmetition will be in Areas of sind and baluchistan or in punjab? what you say ? military wreacked havoc in past now it is playing behind the scene .what is memo scnadal .it is mimltary and nawaz manipulation . why DG ISI went to muslim conutries to overthrow the govenment ,zardari recent so-called illness tour has some mystic designs .because our all policies are being set up in UAE - THE centre of USA power which was carved out in 1971 . becuase UAE was part of saudI arabi .SO RECENT CRISIS in yemen is just lust of this global power who want to rule over young south Asia .

Quote:
• Legal and judicial: Justice is inaccessible, slow and selective, encouraging
contempt for the law and an attitude of "everyone for themselves".

Quote:
Talking about Anna Hazzare's proposed Jan Lokpall Bill...
Key features of the proposed bill include:
  • To establish a central government anti-corruption institution called Lokpal, supported by Lokayukta at the state level
  • As in the case of the Supreme Court and Cabinet Secretariat, the Lokpal will be supervised by the Cabinet Secretary and the Election Commission. As a result, it will be completely independent of the government and free from ministerial influence in its investigations.
  • Members will be appointed by judges, Indian Administrative Service officers with a clean record, private citizens and constitutional authorities through a transparent and participatory process.
  • A selection committee will invite short-listed candidates for interviews, video recordings of which will thereafter be made public.
  • Every month on its website, the Lokayukta will publish a list of cases dealt with, brief details of each, their outcome and any action taken or proposed. It will also publish lists of all cases received by the Lokayukta during the previous month, cases dealt with and those which are pending.
  • Investigations of each case must be completed in one year. Any resulting trials should be concluded in the following year, giving a total maximum process time of two years.
  • Losses to the government by a corrupt individual will be recovered at the time of conviction.
?

recent report about corruption shows south Asia has most corrupt countries in the world . these bill which you have mention in points are suggestion how we can check corruption level at lower level and national level . judges are apponited by president not by CJ . this is ,though ironical our CJ has no power . how this institution can work .NRO case is only the case of corruption??.why CJ do no call to NAB or others. where is media .All these want to become hero like IK sonami .some spice,some delicicious news which will rise their popularity graph and nothing else .All authorities are in hand of parliamnet .my opinion is all institutions should be given power in their own domain and government `s job should be to serve as check and NAB ,other will check the govenment .so accountibilty on both sides is needed .how it can be implemented it is a question ??

I was busy so I could not reply soon .if feudal system is major cause of corruption if we talk about adminstartive corruption then what do you think LGO order 2001 replacement will work .according to me it will work .the current govt has co-ordinated all the institution via constitution .and this govt has introduced number of constitutional reforms which was never done in the pak history .According to me,its a major development which will strenghtened the democratic process
Old Monday, January 30, 2012

SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssravian View Post
Pakistan's Water: Domestic Issues
by
Umar Agha
My research on Pakistan's water security usually includes reviewing academic and governmental literature on the issue, but I also try and keep up with recent events that are germane. Last week, an interactive session called "Pakistan's Water Sector Strategy and Alternative Strategy to Resolve Critical Water Issues" was organized by the Pakistan Network of Rivers, Dams and People (PNRDP). Mr. A. N. G Abbasi, a prominent water expert in Pakistan who was formerly in charge of the Technical Committee on Water Resources, spoke at length about the various water security challenges Pakistan's current administration is facing.

Along with the problem of water disputes with India, Mr. Abbasi highlighted Pakistan's gross misuse of the water that it did have. Water distribution amongst Pakistan's provinces remained a point of contention, highlighting the lack of legal framework when it comes to environmental problems in most developing countries. The Minister of Irrigation of one of Pakistan's provinces, Sindh, Mr. Syed Murad Ali Shah, was also present and expressed frustration towards the Department of Irrigation, stating that many of its employees were only skilled at writing accounts, not actually dealing with problems in the field. Lack of expertise in technical disciplines continues to plague Pakistan's efforts to fight environmental problems.

Other goals mentioned at the convention were water conservation and dealing with water pollution. Presently, many factories operate without water treatment plants, instead directly releasing harmful waste into bodies of water, further complicating the problem of water stress by rendering even less water potable.

The Kishenganga dispute, details of which can be found in one of my previous blogs, was in the news too (http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=207389). Pakistan was disappointed, with good reason, with the World Bank's neutral expert's decision on an earlier case (Baglihar Dam; see my previous blogs). Pakistan wants justice, and is thus close to invoking a Court of Arbitration and is keeping the neutral expert option on the table only as a last resort.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Water issue come under the agrarian and energy crisis . Well,i must say thanx for increasing my knowledge.you are right regarding distribution of water.this blocked the development of kalabagh dam,spill over dams and created issues if royalties.but regarding share what is your info? How much each province has share?

No doubt this issue is a major problem nationally (provincial crisis)and internationally(boundries clash). I am keen to dicuss it .WB president rightly said new era will envisaged water-wars.
Old Tuesday, January 31, 2012

azeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post

1. I want to talk over that issue so i brought this topic under dicussion.this will highlight the corruption of police institute - a mojor institute of our government .so what you have researched or have please ratify here.

2. you pointed here headings .And that might be borrowed some where else but it shows your deep conception regarding topic. you are poniting governmntal flaws .Due to these flaws govenmnet has to suffer corruption menace. what safeguards and oppotunities should be introduced ?? my stance is where is moral part of pubic and why they gave votes to feuds? I have seen many packages that has been intoduced by government but MNA esp MPAz gulped these hefty amounts .corruption starts from that level .public level corruption is very minute or negligebile if one is going to cpmpare with these person who hold office of government

3. very striking ponit.YOU bring into discussion the conflict that has hampered the democratic process. what are demands of modern bureucracy . they want well furnished bangalows .power and prestige .that tussle of power is actual cause of corruption . so NAZIMS or feuds powers are reverted back to commissionerate system .what you think will this system will sustain without corruption .if yes,then how??

4. what is feudal structure at village level . low level of political copmetition will be in Areas of sind and baluchistan or in punjab? what you say ? military wreacked havoc in past now it is playing behind the scene .what is memo scnadal .it is mimltary and nawaz manipulation . why DG ISI went to muslim conutries to overthrow the govenment ,zardari recent so-called illness tour has some mystic designs .because our all policies are being set up in UAE - THE centre of USA power which was carved out in 1971 . becuase UAE was part of saudI arabi .SO RECENT CRISIS in yemen is just lust of this global power who want to rule over young south Asia .

(a). recent report about corruption shows south Asia has most corrupt countries in the world . these bill which you have mention in points are suggestion how we can check corruption level at lower level and national level . judges are apponited by president not by CJ . this is ,though ironical our CJ has no power . how this institution can work .NRO case is only the case of corruption??.why CJ do no call to NAB or others. where is media .All these want to become hero like IK sonami .some spice,some delicicious news which will rise their popularity graph and nothing else .All authorities are in hand of parliamnet .my opinion is all institutions should be given power in their own domain and government `s job should be to serve as check and NAB ,other will check the govenment .so accountibilty on both sides is needed .how it can be implemented it is a question ??

(b). I was busy so I could not reply soon .if feudal system is major cause of corruption if we talk about adminstartive corruption then what do you think LGO order 2001 replacement will work .according to me it will work .the current govt has co-ordinated all the institution via constitution .and this govt has introduced number of constitutional reforms which was never done in the pak history .According to me,its a major development which will strenghtened the democratic process[/B]
Welcome back Sadia, it's nice to see you again. I hope you are doing well in life!

Coming to the point, I have numbered each of your points and addressed them individually as follows:

I just have a sketchy idea of the Police Act 1861. So I passed on a general remark instead of going into the details. I don't even know whether the said police act is active in other provinces, but it was due to ensuing violence in Karachi recently that forced the administration to restore the police act of 1861 and commissionerate system in the province of Sindh. Land Revenue Act 198 was also amended at the same time. Among the benefits of the said police act is that a complainant would only have to deal with one police official only, which will solve the problem of dealing with many officials and avoiding the possibility of bribe and extortion. I heard common people saying it in Urdu with reference to the new changes "Kam az kam Rishwat ki ek table kam ho gai hai". According to the investigation wing of the department, the departments have been merged and that might affect the overall performance of the department. The changes made through the act may also prove cosmetic if there is no real implementation of plan.

Well, I agree with your stance that people have to play their role. They shouldn't only abstain themselves from invloving in corruption but also do not elect the corrupt politicians to hold the reigns of power. The saying of our holy prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is a recall here "Those who take bribe and those give both will be sent to the hell." This proves both are responsible.

Well, I have written about local government system below addressing one of your point, but I just have a sketchy knowledge about the commissionary system. However, for a comparison between the commissionerate system and Local Government System, I have the following blog to share: Read it completely:
Chagatai Khan: Commissionerate System VS Local Government System.

The feudal power structure at village is very much a case of might is right. You know those who are rich can participate in election and no one from the common run of people come on the forefront and compete with them and as a result the feudal are the only option available to the people who they vote for. It is more because of the lack of education and general awareness in interior parts of our country in all four provinces. The situation in Sindh is worse. People are not wary of the fact that they should vote because they want to be served and their basic problems should be addressed so that quality of life could be improved- they need to realize that no feudal can arrogate to himself the right to play with their future by exploiting their positions when they come in power on the strength of the votes of these poor people...

(a)
Yes I agree with you that the state institutions should work within their domain and do not meddle into the affairs of each other. We already have laws with regard to the accountability. The role of Public accountability bodies, anti-corruption agencies, and law enforcement agencies is very crucial here. They can ensure the implementation as the framework is available there...

(b)
I don't know if LGO Order 2001 replacement is going to work. But again I will write about LG system by throwing light based on my knowledge.

The need for devolving power and responsibility for social delivery is increasingly acknowledged by development agencies and several developing countries. Development activity is no longer considered the prerogative of centralized states. Instead of this, representative local level administrative and political units are considered better placed to provide basic services to people. Simultaneously, the role of community participation is considered essential within the devolution process for ensuring quality service and accountability to empower the democratic process.

You know a lively debate has been observed to have proliferated about the reforms in LG system since 2008. Everyone has participated from all walks of life in the debate. Therefore more is expected from policy makers to improve the performance of local government by bringing reforms to ensure the provision of the best services to the citizens of the state. By definition, local governments are the level of government and public administration closest to citizens, and for that reason can be effective in providing many public services.Therefore, the ultimate test of the Devolution Plan should be viewed in its ability of having created low tiers of government which have improved the lives of common people. Furthermore, effective local governments are an important determining factor in the overall legitimacy and stability of institutions of democratic governance. But just assigning new responsibilities to local officials, without attending to the institutional incentives to be responsive to citizen needs and responsible for outcomes, does not necessarily improve upon prior arrangements. It is almost recently that the provinces have directly reformed their local government systems in an open and consultative manner. In past the local government systems were instead imposed on the provinces. During military-led governments, devolution took place from the provinces to the lower levels instead of commencing from the center, which is believed to weaken the provinces dissipate the influence of political parties. Well, if LG system is to be promulgated like you have endorsed above, then it should should hammer out an agreed framework for the local government system in all provinces of Pakistan.

This is what I have on my part for now...

Regards
SADIA SHAFIQ (Tuesday, January 31, 2012)
Old Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Default analysis of corruption

well you I think belonged to sindh so more talked about sindhis and injustice done to them I want to speak nationally and carve out the main cause with major devolopments .pakistan is in phase of transition in all spheres of its adminsitartion .so corruption is more related to mis-management .pakistan has to legislate laws which work for better admisntartion and refomation .Replying back to your answer local government system could be better but not in that particular scenarion,unless feuds and lords systems are not terminated.The demon of corruption is also due to the same machination of developed nations to win contracts by hook or crook to dump their surplus or to support and sustain their economic growth and prosperity that a country like Pakistan having a large land mass with abundant resources of water, manpower and energy with four seasons as gift of nature has been turned around as an economic and financial liability.Most governance indicators show an unchanging situation in Pakistan, with corruption perceived as widespread, systemic and deeply entrenched at all levels of society and government. Based on research done for this query and consultations with TI Pakistan, corruption is viewed as being equally pervasive within federal, provincial and local governments.The other sector in Pakistan which is seen as notoriously inefficient and corrupt is the judiciary. According to TI Pakistan’s 2006 survey, 96 percent of the people who came in contact with the judiciary encountered corruption and 44 percent of them reported having to pay a bribe to a court official. The judiciary is also viewed as lacking independence from the executive and contributing to a general culture of impunity. Again, according to Global Integrity, the procedure for selecting judges at the national level is not transparent and selection procedures are often made in exchange for political favors.

Pakistan during Ayub Khan Era was lucky enough to have a real true friend - Chancellor Erhard of Germany who fancied Ayub Khan and was willing to extend full support to build a sound economic and financial infrastructure and had suggested Bonus Voucher Scheme, offered to build a refinery in Pakistan and a Hydro Cracker project to acquire viability and sustainability. Then came in the Howard Group in our planning commission and till date they are saddled on the driving seat with different masked man of Pakistan origin also who take pride in serving their IMF & World Bank masters more than their own country of origin. Now we hear about the appointment of Mohsin Khan, a long serving staff member of IMF and a long time-tested friend of Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission to fulfill their agenda again. Hence we have fallen victim to their hatched conspiracy, inspite of a good start through five year economic plans and 20 years perspective plan many years ago, which Koreans had borrowed from us and see where we are today and where the Koreans are.During the regime of Ziaul Haq the rat race to win mega projects contract was exposed to the extent that during Benazir Bhutto first tenure the Canadian Ambassador had written a letter to express reservation on not giving a contract to some Canadian bidder, which was publicized through the print media also and thus the ruling elite was shown the greener path to acquire wealth.It was on account of this culture that we in politics committed to work for eradication of corruption and Prime Minister Mohammad Khan Junejo first created an Federal Anti Corruption Committee with General ® Majeed Malik as its Chairman, due to tussle of power with President, Junejo government was axed through the infamous law of 58 (2), b and when Benazir Bhutto was elected to rule on dotted lines the FACC was evived with Malik Qasim as its Chairman as well as Advisor to Prime Minister, but for a short time as her government was packed on charges of corruption within 22 months. Nawaz Sharif was elected as Prime Minister again to work on dotted lines, but was sent home due to machination of infamous troika now called establishment.

Corruption and mis-governance in Pakistan has reached such high dimensions under the current government that it is threatening the very existence of our country. Some of the very important state-owned companies like the Pakistan Railways, which has abandoned 540 engines and carriages to cripple public means of transportation inspite of Loco shed, Carriage Re-build factories and what not already available in Pakistan, but commission Mafia under the very nose of government is ruling the roostPIA is deliberately being strangulated to justify creation of another private airliner with vested interest, and Pakistan Steel Mill has to be thrown to winds inspite of earlier intervention from the Supreme Court of Pakistan, Qadirpur Gas field and other sources of natural gas are destroyed in a bid to justify import of gas from Qatar and pocket money for the deal in the name of building floating and stationary jetties around port Qasim in Karachi. Punjab Bank and NICL corruption cases, IPP's and Rental Power projects inspite of FIA functionary Mr. Zafarullah Qureshi doing a yeoman job has been made a scape goat while the real culprits are living honourably. KESC, Wapda, Railway, and many other organization extended stimulus packages are despite huge infusions of taxpayer's money as bail out package stand close to collapse.There are hardly any railway destinations left functioning due to the bad state of repair of the engines and the railway system while the employees and pensioners of the company are left suffering and dying in the street while waiting for their due payment. The same can be said about PIA which has narrowly escaped accidents because of the poor standard of repair and maintenance of their aircraft fleet. There is no money to buy spare parts but there is money to pay bribes and for the management to enrich itself. Instead of looking for relief the current government is wasting more money for their own comfort and for keeping themselves in power by creating new ministries to provide ministerial posts to their clients and coalition partners for keeping them in line.

While the global anti-capitalist movement that started with the anti-Wall street agitation in the centre of capitalism US has reached Pakistan it seems that there are more pressing issues right now in Pakistan: that is addressing rising corruption, bad governance and poverty in the country? The rally of Nawaz Sharif's PML(N) which took place under the motto of 'go Zardari go' and the recently published program of this party which was meant to line out alternative policies to save the country is not offering any credible solution to the pressing problems.As a matter of fact, the Sharif family itself and many of their followers have made money in the past through questionable means and nobody can explain why they would stop doing so in future. Nawaz Sharif's previous rules in 1990 to1993 and 1997 to 1999 were not less corrupt than the intermingling PPP governments though the current one is topping them all. Would the Sharif family want to fight corruption regardless of family or party affiliation of the corrupt? That would be believable only if they started by clearing their own assets, by returning the stolen money after bringing it back from abroad.

These attitudes and policies of the rulers are showing a clear lack of understanding of the problems or will to change them. A new attitude is needed by those who are really interested in solving the burning issues of poverty, mismanagement and corruption and this new way is not to be found within the structure of the existing parties who are all dominated and financed by a corrupt elite of feudal families whose power and influence depends on the perpetuation of the current state of affairs
AMSS (Saturday, February 04, 2012), azeegum (Tuesday, January 31, 2012)
Old Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Well, I have already covered the issue of corruption on a broader level in my earlier posts with reference to TI's report of 2011 released last month, so mention of Sindh was just to discuss a case in point and one of the reasons why I referred the case of Sindh is because the the issue of LG system was a hot topic some months ago in the province, and I was all ears to gossips happening in many circles of people here. You have very well portrayed a picture of corruption in Pakistan, the historical perspective being the best bit. I appreciate it.
Now corruption has been inclusively discussed under this thread. The factors involved in corruption and the resulting devastating impacts on development and economy of the country and other concomitants- all have been argued. What is still needed to bring under discussion is the toolkit to fight the scourge of corruption. Though the reforms have been discussed earlier but they still need to be talked about in detail for a better understanding. So do share as what framework do you suggest to grapple with corruption. And do not forget to mention governance from the Islamic perspective and the ways to curb corruption...

regards,
SADIA SHAFIQ (Wednesday, February 01, 2012)

Quote:
Well, I have already covered the issue of corruption on a broader level in my earlier posts with reference to TI's report of 2011 released last month, so mention of Sindh was just to discuss a case in point and one of the reasons why I referred the case of Sindh is because the the issue of LG system was a hot topic some months ago in the province, and I was all ears to gossips happening in many circles of people here. You have very well portrayed a picture of corruption in Pakistan, the historical perspective being the best bit. I appreciate it.
Now corruption has been inclusively discussed under this thread. The factors involved in corruption and the resulting devastating impacts on development and economy of the country and other concomitants- all have been argued. What is still needed to bring under discussion is the toolkit to fight the scourge of corruption. Though the reforms have been discussed earlier but they still need to be talked about in detail for a better understanding. So do share as what framework do you suggest to grapple with corruption. And do not forget to mention governance from the Islamic perspective and the ways to curb corruption...

regards,
How one can get rid or we can saddle for good governed paksitan ?It is very easy question but its understanding is difficult .sketching the frama-work keeping in mind the current scenario is quite technical . one can easliy portray the picture of corruption and condition and I do not know why you have used Islamic conotation . first one has to think Pakistan is Islamic state or not ? If not we can not make it Islamic .yes we can evalute what Islam presents .The teaching of Holy Quran is full with injunctions how to minmize vice . it is very simple "Amar bil ma-roof -nahi`anel`il mukar" .if this maxim is applied in that case then corruption can be erdicated . second thing is Ijtehad which I will stressed most .the doors of ijtehad had been closed by sheik abdul wahab who wanted to purify Islam . syed Qutab and mosa shakrey stands with above mentioned persons.these are outsatnding figures of Islam who worked for the benfit of Islam but did it in their own way . The same person can be contrasted by shah-wali-Ullah ,Imam Ayotollah Rohallah khomeni,the persons stands for ijtehad .Islamic revolution in Iran is basically ijtehad which agiataed the saudiz who are followers of shaikh abdul-wahab.

pakistan needs to re-open the institution of ijtehad for the betterment of mankind and to grapple corruption at every cost . Most of us are well aware of Islamic stories and facts but re-calling then is benficial contextually. Hazrat umer (R.A) IS A great adminstator of Islam and if we focused on him we will find out many ways and many lights in misty nights .The govenance model should be schedule on caliphate system .Intermingling of this precious system with the ideologies of dictatorship and democracy is totally wrong and what confused the most people . Have you heard about 'umer-SANI---- the 5th calphate ,hazrat umer bin abdul azaiz who was nominated by suleman bin abdil malik bin hukam .but he did not try to take advantage of this cahnce rather went before public and asked ," me is not true successor and you are right to choose of your desire ." the people or majma had chose him as true succesor of calipahte .That`s why he is rated among caliphs .this was the fist step which he did to root-out corruption in political system . The event of bagi -fidak return ,all illegal holdins from Umra`az or minsiters were taken back.even The great person Mujad e alf of century earn for himself and did not took any thing from the governmental treasuray . In the end,he was poisoned .it was believed if he remain then reign of hazrat umer-farooq (r.a) came back .

Her koe mey`mast zooq e tani aasani hey ,
Tum musalman ho,ye andaze muslamin he,
Ne`e haderey(r.a) fa`qer he,ney dolte-usmani hey,
Wo mu`aziz they zamaney me musalma ho kaer ,
Tum kh`ar hoo tariqe quran ho ker ...(IQBAL)

first measue according to me is legislation refoms and interpretaion which I have explained in term of ijtehad .second thing ,pakistan is agrarian country so reforms should be introduced from land . I will try to focus reforsms one by one .here my focus is how land reforsm should be introduced .my quetion is to you ." pakistan from the day of its establisment suffered the problem of illegal holdings of land . the lands are being holded prior to any registartion .so we have immense land without record . This is being holded by fiefs who have made their own domain.now whole survey of pakistan land is needed .Is it possible and governmet should buy all that land and then sale it .this will in one way equalize the status of peasant and land lords and diminsihed the role of middle man .now-a -days pakistan real-estate industry is of much cost if we compare it with western countries. refoems should be started from home not overseas assets . here,judicary role is ironical and media is sleeping because it would not be helpful to increae channel`s ratins .what you say??

mav3 is on a distinguished road
Smile

@sadia, i really appreciate u precis of the long, boring, tiresome articles, plx post more small summaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3 View Post
@sadia, i really appreciate u precis of the long, boring, tiresome articles, plx post more small summaries
From where you got or will going to get knowledge?????knowledge is borrowed and become understanding through extensive reading.you can not claim all is from articles. Articles are one source .........there are others too ... CA and CSS is boring???? If no ,then why this????? And if yes,then why you are keen to join CSA????