Monday, April 29, 2024
04:23 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 7230

Sana Shoaib is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Umair Abdul Khaliq View Post
Please pardon me, if i offend anyone.
First of all,repeater issue is more a brainchild of those who are suffering from trauma of either failure or lower allocation.They have every right to suggest so.But these comments would never be displayed by them if they had occupy a top notch, things would be altogether different for them.its a rather positional discussion than a logical one.
Never mind, if you think so and miss the point.

Quote:
Second,"the topper is a repeater" is a disgrace to not only your personalities but also to Fahad Mumtaz this year and others before that, as they have paid dearly in viva but still managed to top the list. Anything that an individual desires is one(exclusively one good) position,nothing more.If you get allocated,you would be star for your affiliations.So it doesn't matters if 1000 repeaters or 10,000.
Congrats to the topper and everyone who repeated and improved. No one wanted to disgrace ANYONE here i guess, not me atleast. But i just cant understand what's wrong if someone raises a question and DISCUSSES something?

Quote:
Last but not the least, i bet if people who are scolding repeaters would take the cases of those repeaters that have somehow failed to get allocated even by exhausting their 3 attempts and 4-5 prime years of their life,they would definitely present a formula to sympathize repeaters.
First, No one is scolding anyone here.

Second, Again.. the point was not re-appearing of the candidates who failed due to one reason or other. The point was about those primarily who gave successful attempts and then...

Disclaimer:
This is all what i had to say "indifferently" from anyone whether it is topper of this year or previous or whatsoever. I just expressed some views over the 'motive' of such an act.

Cheers.
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sana Shoaib View Post
Stupidity is not about 'adding up to the competitiveness of the exam'. 'the vague term' is about that after graduating from a prestigious institute, grabbing a good position first hand, getting allocated in a prestigious group of CSS and then thinking that you still dont know your position. And for that you have to go BACK again to 'assess' yourself. One has already proven himself/herself brilliant after these qualifications and the real test of personality/abilities/capabilities lie in proving himself/herself on the position he/she has acquired now. Face the job pressures and the new environment and prove that your selection was not a stroke of luck or whatsoever.
Just because you scored a position or rather topped in lets say the year "x" it does not mean that you will have the same share of luck in year "y" because there may be someone equally or more competitive than you this year which wasn't present last year due to any abc reasons.

Furthermore, If qualifiers and/or position holders repeat, it obviously makes the exam more challenging and competitive for other aspirants. Furthermore, You talked about "job pressures" and "new environment" -- do you really think that the aspirants opt css because they really don't like the environment they will get into after qualifying css?

Every candidate reserves the right to appear in the exam as long as he/she is eligible regardless of he/she having a good reason of appearing or not, incompetent people will always bring in discouraging arguments for "reappearing" because they have to achieve self satisfaction by applying defense mechanism.. angoor khatay hotay hain or what.. I think that quote explains defense mechanism.

Quote:
Like i wouldnt go back to my previous exam to show that i can do better in the second strike. :P
If you look at the other side of the picture, You might not want to go because there may be someone better than you this time in the examination and you FEAR that aisa na ho kay lainay k dainay par jayain and pehli bar say bi zyada kharab position ajayai.. you know, reappearing after already clearing and scoring a good position requires more guts because you have a reputation to keep.

Quote:
Increasing the age limit to 35 and unlimited chances- You mean, someone aged 35 years appearing in CSS, spending roughly 2 years in getting the final result (including allocations), then going through on average 2 more years of training and finally getting posted at the age of 39, right? When a person would have spent all his best learning age already before getting into service? And how do you think, why would government spend its money on a person who would give only 20 years to the service? and who would start his career at such a latter age? (okay, there would be many who'll be selected even before but still the question of many 'late cases' remains!)
lets analyze the other picture.. So you want a 21 year old to clear the examination and be posted as an ASP at the age of 23-24 or as an AC at such young age? How mature and logical, isn't it? This is real life and not a movie or drama.. at such young age, do you think the individual will not be "LOST" in the power that he/she gets at such young age? Will he/she be mature enough to exercise his rights PROPERLY and LEGALLY?

A 35 year old will most probably be more mature and obviously more experienced. Chances are that he/she will be much more educated and obviously qualified than a 21 year old and would surely serve more maturely.

Quote:
Whether you accept it or not, this is not a good idea. And in first lines, if you talk about the "competitiveness" of the exam and in the very next lines if you talk about so many chances, both the things dont go with each other. If it is a competition, the chances should in anyway be limited (Please dont quote those stories about trying and trying again. Those who have chances shouldd get up again and those who missed the shot due to bad luck or any other reason, friends that's time to move on, may be it wasnt good for your life in some way!). And if it is about grooming the personalities of bureaucrats, the age limit should be there like it is. (Sorry to all those who wish such great age relaxation and favour 'unlimited' attepmts but this is my opinion and i have a right to express it. No hard feelings! )
To make the competition more interesting it should be ONLY 1 chance but that's not practically POSSIBLE and/or FEASIBLE considering the literacy rate of Pakistan. Maybe this option can be considered later but I don't think its a good Idea for the next 10 years to come. Making unlimited chances (up to the age 35) will make it more competitive (and practical) then what it is now. People can keep trying and learning more and more and eventually If they come up to the mark and show improvement, they can be selected.

Quote:
Even if i'm restricted from a CSS attempt due to age limit, i'll happily go with it. (Answer to those who'll think/say after reading my post that it's easy saying than done by oneself).
Just because you will do something doesn't means its the right thing to do unless you have logical arguments that supports your opinion. Emotionalism will get you nowhere, we need more competent and qualified and more educated and mature civil servants

NOTE : If you think I am supporting the cause because I want to take benefit from age relaxation or something then let me tell you that I am 22 years old and have not yet attempted CSS, I plan to do it next year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mukt For This Useful Post:
Malmeena Khan (Wednesday, June 13, 2012), usman khalid (Thursday, June 14, 2012)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 7230

Dear Ainu,

CSS mein achi position laye bagair aisi baat kero gay tu log aisay hi interpret kerain gay. Ainu ab samajh jao

@ Studdent,

I had forgot the name of the person you mentioned and that's why didnt quote his example. His interview was published in Jahangir Times Mag also and yes, it was written there that Interview panelists werent quite impressed with his logic of retaking exam and discouraged this thing. The guy had really impressive academic record and still scored 170s marks in his interview. And obviously it provoked a question that if a person has such great track record of academia, would he be so bad at communication skills or knowledge that he would score average marks?

There's no disagreement over the competency of candidates contesting as freshers regardless of whoever appears in exam with them. And they should compete anyways.

student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dear Ainu,

CSS mein achi position laye bagair aisi baat kero gay tu log aisay hi interpret kerain gay. Ainu ab samajh jao

@ Studdent,

I had forgot the name of the person you mentioned and that's why didnt quote his example. His interview was published in Jahangir Times Mag also and yes, it was written there that Interview panelists werent quite impressed with his logic of retaking exam and discouraged this thing. The guy had really impressive academic record and still scored 170s marks in his interview. And obviously it provoked a question that if a person has such great track record of academia, would he be so bad at communication skills or knowledge that he would score average marks?

There's no disagreement over the competency of candidates contesting as freshers regardless of whoever appears in exam with them. And they should compete anyways.
Vow ! Nice suggestion to ainu sahab !
Yeah . . . This huge gap of 50 marks is noticeable . He had scored 220 plus in first attempt .

Mukt,

For some reasons i dont know, i cant multi-quote your message. Everytime, i hit the button and i go back to previous post. Anyways,

If one has already had a good position, he wont be considered a loser if someone else got a good position next year. I said above too, "One has already proven himself/herself brilliant after these qualifications and the real test of personality/abilities/capabilities lie in proving himself/herself on the position he/she has acquired now"

Okay, the incompetency thing. No one is snatching the right of re-appearing ANYONE from CSS. Atleast i didnt talk even a single time about ammending the FPSC rules or anything. Talking about the impact of an action GENERALLY is discouraging? I dont wish to repeat what i have already said two times. You can call it 'angoor khattay hain' and rather satisfy yourself. This is even more discouraging that no one cant share his views.

I wrote my "previous exam" and it may be my university exam or ANY other exam. CSS is not the only exam. Competition lies in EVERY exam and if it is so, people should go back again and again to their Board and University exams to prove they're best. A gold medalist one year, might not be so next year. If you have to look at 'other picture', you may make even 100s of more such stories, you are free!

Okay, yet "another picture"! :P
No dear! I know 3 cases where people were inducted at the age of 23 and are doing quite well :P and not 'lost' due to their job. The age of 35 years is no doubt the age of maturity AND wisdom but the best learning years are 20s academically. And fyi again (though you already know), the age limit is 28 and not everyone jumps into CSS at the age of 21. (Oh yes in movies and dramas they show that young age is careless ).

Who said it should be only 1 chance?
You are entitled to your opinion and i am to mine.

Yeah you are right but you forgot to read a line in my previous post, "(Answer to those who'll think/say after reading my post that it's easy saying than done by oneself)."

No, i have not asked you and i am not interested in why are you supporting this cause. I take this whole discusssion as expression of views. And i am not going to repeat or clarify anything in any other post in this thread.

Have fun.

Malik Asfand Yar is on a distinguished road

Before going toward these suggestion why not our government can be formulate her policy to increase the number of seats in every year exam
Banned

Quote:
Mukt,

For some reasons i dont know, i cant multi-quote your message. Everytime, i hit the button and i go back to previous post. Anyways,
It's very easy, just put a "[ quote ]" in the start of the paragraph you want to quote and at the end put a "[ quote ]" and it'll be done. Needless to say, you don't have to put the " and in the last one also add a "/" so it will be like "/quote" enclosed in []

Quote:
If one has already had a good position, he wont be considered a loser if someone else got a good position next year. I said above too, "One has already proven himself/herself brilliant after these qualifications and the real test of personality/abilities/capabilities lie in proving himself/herself on the position he/she has acquired now"
I never said that he/she will be considered a loser, I said that he/she might have to face a person more or equally competent next year and his/her competitiveness can be put to a test.

Quote:
Okay, the incompetency thing. No one is snatching the right of re-appearing ANYONE from CSS. Atleast i didnt talk even a single time about ammending the FPSC rules or anything. Talking about the impact of an action GENERALLY is discouraging? I dont wish to repeat what i have already said two times. You can call it 'angoor khattay hain' and rather satisfy yourself. This is even more discouraging that no one cant share his views.
That's good If you think reappearing isn't bad and is acceptable.

Quote:
I wrote my "previous exam" and it may be my university exam or ANY other exam. CSS is not the only exam. Competition lies in EVERY exam and if it is so, people should go back again and again to their Board and University exams to prove they're best. A gold medalist one year, might not be so next year. If you have to look at 'other picture', you may make even 100s of more such stories, you are free!
We were strictly talking in context of CSS and not any board or university level exam so I don't know how is including university exams relevant

Quote:
Okay, yet "another picture"! :P
No dear! I know 3 cases where people were inducted at the age of 23 and are doing quite well :P and not 'lost' due to their job. The age of 35 years is no doubt the age of maturity AND wisdom but the best learning years are 20s academically. And fyi again (though you already know), the age limit is 28 and not everyone jumps into CSS at the age of 21. (Oh yes in movies and dramas they show that young age is careless ).
Just like every 21 year old doesn't jump into CSS exam similarly when the age limit is 35, every 35 year old too will not jump into the exam.. 29, 30, 31, 32 and so on too will get a chance.. you answered your own question yourself.

And you know only 3 people but If you look around the world you will find many examples where mature officers are doing very well comparatively to the young officers. Obviously, as you said, maturity and wisdom should be considered.

Quote:
Who said it should be only 1 chance?
You are entitled to your opinion and i am to mine.
I say! It should be 1 chance but NOT with the current literacy rate because that way very soon we will run out of candidates with talent, potential and skill because only 1 mishap and everything is gone (if it's only 1 chance) and we cant afford that considering our literacy rate.

Quote:
Yeah you are right but you forgot to read a line in my previous post, "(Answer to those who'll think/say after reading my post that it's easy saying than done by oneself)."
I never said it's easy said than done, I believe you are just saying what you think is right and I am just saying what I think/believe is right.

Quote:
No, i have not asked you and i am not interested in why are you supporting this cause. I take this whole discusssion as expression of views. And i am not going to repeat or clarify anything in any other post in this thread.
You shouldn't be interested either, the only thing you should be interested in is the arguments against your opinion, you should logically (and not emotionally) analyze then and then deduce a logical conclusion which is understandable.

Quote:
Have fun.
You too, Sister!
Old Thursday, June 14, 2012

P.S. I dont know from where did you get the idea that i am being emotional. You need to better your analytical skills when you read something.
Cheers.
Banned

Quote:
P.S. I dont know from where did you get the idea that i am being emotional. You need to better your analytical skills when you read something.
Cheers.
1 - Speaking against reappearing yet no strong or logical argument to support it

2 - Criticizing the Idea of increase in age limit so that more educated, experienced & mature candidates can take part in examination YET producing no logical argument for the criticism

The above gave me an Idea that you are being emotional and not rational. For the sake of argument I'll agree with you that it's not emotionalism but it is a lot less than rationalism for sure.

dms664 is a jewel in the roughdms664 is a jewel in the roughdms664 is a jewel in the roughdms664 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
Its not him alone. For last few days, many people (or unsuccessful candidates) are saying the same thing and they all fall in the same category, believe it or not. If they believe that repeating is not a right thing, they, too, should not appear next year to try their luck again.
You are right but those lines declaring the poster as incompetent were too blunt in my opinion. Had those lines came from a normal member, the poster, me and many others here would not have felt it that badly but an icon of the forum uttering those lines shocked me.
LI you need to be very careful. You don't know where you stand and how we the junior members idealize you.Seniority comes with responsibility and modesty.
By the way my opinion is negative on the points presented by the poster and deducting marks for further attempts does not make sense at all.

Regards
Closed Thread