Thursday, May 09, 2024
10:10 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, January 02, 2015

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road
Default Woman Exploitation & Three Masculine Stereotypes

There are three types of Masculine stereotypes which are present in our societies and are exploiting the feminine faction of our population aptly.

These factions with two extreme behaviours, can be seen with a difference of their outlooks

1. Men with Moustaches
2. Men with Beards
Behaviour # These two are mostly seen as the saviours of her holiness/chastity/sanctity etc etc
3. Men without facial hairs
Behaviour # They aren't.
The most commonest have the right to be discussed firstly

Men with Moustaches

To envisage properly, slightly increase the length of moustaches and twist them at the ends. Here you come with the real picture.
Three things make them, to behave traditionally
1. Traditions themselves
2. Ego
3. Religion
They tend to have an authority over their "female subjects" and you can see even a man with no value in his own street is the "King Darius" and "Holy See" of his monarch called "the home".
They have told the women that the freedom is against their traditions, so the female faction, which agrees them, are seen against the freedom movements.

Men with Beards

They are mostly influenced due to one thing i.e "Religion".
They like the women to stay home mostly. And Women are seem to fear them most, in term of their freedom.
But all of them are not too strict.
They tell their feminine subjects that freedom is followed by "hell".
So, they have very simple stance regarding it, and a great faction of women obeys them.

Men without Facial hairs

They are witted and sharp. They know how to keep the women "happy" and how to get them to work. They know the modern day woman need "freedom". So, they let them free so that there own bundle of responsibilities can be avoided to half and even completely.
They "exploit" the women beautifully. Women obeys them, considering them perfect according to modern times.
They tell them freedom is the need of time, and women are easily played at their hands.
And even if he tells her that the "Advertisement" of his product is never complete without her coming to screen, or without her becoming a show piece, she accepts happily,as a freedom vested to her.

Now point of the debate is that. Do the present day woman knows herself, what she is required to do?
Will she remain a male driven thing?
A traditional woman depicts what his "Traditional King" pours in her mind.
The modern woman depicts what is poured by "Modern King" in her mind.

When there will be the time, the woman will decide for herself, that what are the norms and extent of freedom she requires. What are the true boundaries, which can keep them paced with the modern times,religion and traditions without becoming toy in the hands of two extreme facets of their male counterparts?
ayeshamehreen (Thursday, January 08, 2015)

mysterious me will become famous soon enough

very deep and keen observation. i agree with all of it.
Please shed light on men exploitation, and feminine stereotypes as well, as i see you have a good observation. Then, discussion would be more fruitful.

As far as my view on women emancipation is concerned, i believe its a two way problem. Women bring up their daughters to be able to obey, and their boys to be able to make others obey. Then women themselves idolize their men to the extent that their interpretation of whole world and religion and society all seems borrowed from their husbands. economic dependency is another reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
what are the norms and extent of freedom she requires.
Freedom required by woman is no different from man, just like man sshe must be able to walk, talk, shop and earn freely. She must be dealt with honesty, just like a man must. No one must impose his/her views on her. and she must know that she can have her own view on everything. After that if she covers herself or dont, or stay at home or earn for his family will be her own matter and men will also be freed from the blames. Yes parental or a partner's guidance must also be in parallel. but it must be guidance not manipulatory tactics.

Quote:
What are the true boundaries, which can keep them paced with the modern times,religion and traditions without becoming toy in the hands of two extreme facets of their male counterparts?
If the basic unit of a family that is husband and wife teach their children, i.e there girls to respect boys, and boys to respect girls, infact respect every human being half of the problem would be solved. because a man makes a girl a toy, or a boss makes his emplyes toy, or a politician make his subjects toys only to get few benefits, so till the time we do not tell our chidren that taking advantage of another for our good is no good for anyone, this toy thing would linger on enfolding, gender, religion, minorities etc etc into it. and yes tell them to be men/women of their words. coz we see our standards vary from person to person and from situation to situation. we like to have a modern girlfreind but want our lady to be fully covered, we want our son in laws(damaad) to let our daughter work but we confiscate our own daughter in laws (bahus). i think we are confused about "akhir hum chahte kya hien"

wrote it in a hurry sorry for grammatical mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious me View Post
Please shed light on men exploitation, and feminine stereotypes
Well. All men who are not stereotypes get exploited by every type of females.

Female stereotypes to my view, are of three types
1. Reactionary
2. Struggling Neo-Modernists
3. Religious

Reactionary are those who have developed courage due to experience and exposure to tyrannies by societies in general and "Male stereotypes" specifically. Exposure could be of herself,through education or experience of other ladies.
Reaction could be due to economic stress she faced in her life.
Such type of girl, if wears jeans, a boy mocks,whistles,abuse, she never gets infuriated as she have a strong believe in what she is doing, she just ignores and forget. She seldom succumb to any changes. She is positive in her "character" usually.
Such girls usually think their men counter parts as some competitors, and if some unfortunate "simplistic" man fell a prey to her, his life becomes "hell".
Example is Asma Jahangeer.

Struggling Neo-Modernists are those who tend to develop this spirit of modernism in them forcibly. She is a product of sudden exposure to modernism or "inferiority complex". It can be a result of previous incomplete religious knowledge or backward background.
This sudden exposure fills her with "negativities" mostly. She concentrates on mere outlooks and outcomes of modernity and don't know the true roots.
Such type of woman makes the life even more pathetic. Her paradigms keep on shifting daily. She often succumbs to changing world. Example is our actresses.
Religious
Such type is scarce in Pakistan. They fail to influence the men lives much.
Usually lead a successful and happy life due to tolerance.

Quote:
As far as my view on women emancipation is concerned, i believe its a two way problem. Women bring up their daughters to be able to obey, and their boys to be able to make others obey. Then women themselves idolize their men to the extent that their interpretation of whole world and religion and society all seems borrowed from their husbands. economic dependency is another reason.
Economic dependency is a right of woman, but she is ignorant in this regard.
Well, all this is a requirement of patriarchal system and will fade on fading of this system as well.

Quote:
Freedom required by woman is no different from man, just like man sshe must be able to walk, talk, shop and earn freely. She must be dealt with honesty, just like a man must. No one must impose his/her views on her. and she must know that she can have her own view on everything. After that if she covers herself or dont, or stay at home or earn for his family will be her own matter and men will also be freed from the blames. Yes parental or a partner's guidance must also be in parallel. but it must be guidance not manipulatory tactics.
This is not true completely that men are free.
Ask men they will tell you that take this freedom of walk, talk , shop and earn and let us sit in homes to watch movies and eat.
Freedom of men is tied to the responsibilities they have.
Yes, imposition is futile now a days.Guidance is enough.
To be a true imitating modern European society you have to forget the things like honesty.

One thing is very important to mention. Those who idealize Modern European shattered Family system should remember one thing. Everybody knows through history that Europe is here due to her strong family system of dark ages and period of renaissance comprising monogamy, primogeniture and "class consciousness". And one of the major causes of Muslim downfall, as written by almost all historians was it's shattered family system comprising polygamy,harem system of concubinage and "Tribal Consciousness".
So, while making your assumptions and presumptions on the basis of present family European system, always remember the historical facts and this presently employed family system will drive Europe to havoc, if they not found a cure. (And they are finding cures now as well)

iamauk is on a distinguished road

Can any of you define that what actually denotes from 'Freedom of Women' ?
Like as mentioned above that she is rightful to go walk, shop or even earn freely. Are not we making our own loopholes in Islamic ideology. Let i clarify it that Islam is the only religion that presents the socio-moral rules, defining manifestly the duties of every individual regarding his/her status. Similarly a husband's duty is to earn and wife's to serve her husband and home. This is like categories made by Allah Almighty. Similar is the case of their status, a female is superior when she's mother or elder and male superior when father or elder but in case of husband and wife there are different conditions like somewhere wife has superiority and somewhere husband but makes a balanced average. And on the contrary is the modern ideology and new definition of rights of women. In modern ideology woman is introduced other duties to do in the shape of rights. Yes, we can't deny the fact that we clearly are advocating the western ideology. Where at first woman was introduced that she is just allowed to earn and now forced. In such condition there is no concept of love between wife and husband ( without the relation is just like a play ). Over all if we ponder the natural urge of a woman is peaceful life with her family both before and after her getting married. And there is a stereotype when we refer to being a woman's within four walls ( at home ) we actually imagine a prison lacking adequate oxygen where a woman is kept forcefully.

ByStander...

iamauk is on a distinguished road

I am not any extremist but in such terms we must not wander the real meaning of Islam. Actually in our midst a woman is often treated violently which actually is against the Islamic point of view but we ever ignore that claiming to be a Muslim and being a Muslim are two different things. So eventually we try to change our ideology instead of our actions. And after hundreds of changes results are always counterproductive. Sorry if i am derailing from the subject i actually would like to point that core cause of woman exploitation in us is not the problem of our ideology but the weakness of following the ideology.

ByStander...
Old Saturday, January 03, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamauk View Post
Can any of you define that what actually denotes from 'Freedom of Women' ?
This is what we're up to actually i.e. Define.
Old Thursday, January 08, 2015

mysterious me will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Those who idealize Modern European shattered Family system should remember one thing. Everybody knows through history that Europe is here due to her strong family system of dark ages and period of renaissance comprising monogamy, primogeniture and "class consciousness".
So, while making your assumptions and presumptions on the basis of present family European system, always remember the historical facts and this presently employed family system will drive Europe to havoc, if they not found a cure. (And they are finding cures now as well)
Working women can still have strong families, and housewives can still give birth to weak families. There are no stereotypes in strong family because it is a very vast and dynamic phenomenon.
Europe's progress is result of its scientific progress and respect for every being even animals. its progress is outcome of freedom of expression and tolerance to bear difference of opinion.
we will have to formulate rules suiting for our own society, now if those things happen to exist in europe or far east or mid east , one must not bother.
Yes historical facts must be kept in mind which tell that when we confiscate women to harems we will suffer.

Quote:
And one of the major causes of Muslim downfall, as written by almost all historians was it's shattered family system comprising polygamy,harem system of concubinage and "Tribal Consciousness".
No sane analysis ever held shattered family system responsible for muslims downfall. Infact muslims used to have extended families in those eras of harem and all. Misinterpretation of religion, lust, luxuries, lack of modern education and disinterest in latest technology were the real causes. Harem and concubine cannot be related to family system. And common men didn't have harems.
Old Friday, January 09, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious me View Post
No sane analysis ever held shattered family system responsible for muslims downfall. Infact muslims used to have extended families in those eras of harem and all. Misinterpretation of religion, lust, luxuries, lack of modern education and disinterest in latest technology were the real causes. Harem and concubine cannot be related to family system. And common men didn't have harems.
I had written "one of the causes".
Well it does not require someone's sanity or insanity. It is a well-observed phenomenon. I can't present an immaculate picture due to lack of time and the curse of load shedding of both "Bijli and Gas".
But I can prove my stance easily. Well, it's not mine as I had said. Now, I will have to write an essay again, and nobody will read.

The "Muwalliduns", children from original Arab wives and the bastard or illegitimate sons and daughters, all were included in the inheritance process by the Muftiyan-e-Karams of that era. Polygamy was allowed exceeding the normal limit of 4.Things like "Muta" were promulgated and the "Muslim Leaders" all were indulged in it.
Masses usually follow their leaders.
The system of inheritance divided the big Agriculture lands to thousand pieces, thus making every Tom Dick and Harry, a Feudal Lord.
With this system came a thing called "Sisyphean cycles" among the Muslims.
These cycles were due to one major reason. The Family system which weakened the character of the society as a whole. Each and every strong leader had his own region to rule. Supported by his all types of sons and daughters.
Number of sons can be easily seen with a fact that in a fight 50 sons of Hazrat Khalid bin Waleed R.A were martyred.
And you can easily envisage by taking example of biggest centre of "Prostitution" of sub-continent in Lahore. What can be a real cause of moral degradation then, where these things were a norm. And mothers of 20-30 percent youth were actually concubines.
The same curse lead to the destruction of Sulaiman the Magnificient's empire. How his cunning wife the "Hurram Sultan" and the "Muwalliduns" ended his empire?
With sons worse then fathers and grandsons worse then sons. With final arrival of new cycle.

The "Tribal Consciousness" eliminates the sense of competition among the masses and it's counterpart is "Class consciousness".
The same story was with every leader no matter what his height was.

Now, see the European system.
Morally they were almost at the same place as the Muslims were.
Primogeniture, where there is a sort of injustice in it. There are advantages as well.
The land remain one unit. Others know already that our elder brother will be our leader so they remain calm. Despite of "Multiple leaders" there were consisted fewer "managers" just.
The monogamy, made the family an institution. The man had known that I have these 5-6 children (at that time) with one wife to take care. Coupled with "Class consciousness", it created a system which harboured competition.
With son better then father and grandsons better then sons.
Bastards were dealt as bastards and concubines as concubines. They were not given equal status of sons and wives, respectively. Morally they remained better with transfer of "Qualities" of "familiash mothers" among off springs.
So, the European family system grown better rather then Muslim family system.
Europeans still have strict family system. What we see in media, is just 20-30 percent of it's deteriorated form.
Now have a look on family system of biggest families of Pakistan like Dadas, Sehgals, Memons. What they do to their children marrying outside the family with low class families? Either they totally amputate that family line completely or bring that Low class family to there status with support.

This is the reason that the greatest of all leaders like Saladin, were actually free from the curses and disadvantages of keeping wives and concubines.Their raison d'etre.

Quote:
Europeans still have strict family system. What we see in media, is just 20-30 percent of it's deteriorated form.
Here strictly I meant the "European system" not USA. And those who either worked with them or lived there know the difference between the two.
And we usually see USA in our media. Hollywood you know.
And try to follow and idolize their deteriorated picture.

Last edited by Amna; Monday, January 12, 2015 at 02:58 AM. Reason: merged/chain posts