Monday, November 29, 2021
11:17 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Other Competitive Examinations > National Accountability Bureau (NAB)

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
asdf is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir Shafique View Post
I think that psychological test is not a screen out test.....Everybody who has qualified for the psychological test may get a call for interview as well....I am saying this because if they would have intended to further screen out people then there was no reason to collect for educational documents at this stage......educational certificates logically should be collected only when there is no further screening out otherwise it is a futile exercise....I think now a final merit list will be made including number of the test, psychological test and interview...Of course a decisive role will be played by your test numbers and interview performance....the highest weight age would be given to test marks followed by other criteria like interview, education, psychological.... It is just logical thinking I may be wrong.....
Your point seems to be valid. The way they have designed psycho test shows that this phase will not help candidates improve their ranking after the first test. This test seems to pinpoint more-suitable candidates from less-suitable ones. It will play indirect role. Also, if they call all candidates for interviews, it'll result in more lengthy overall process of recruitment. It also seems that there is a chance that people with high scores may be dropped at the end if they are not found to be suitable for their jobs, this will in turn give chance to people with relatively less scores and better psychological performance to go up the merit.
  #32  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
MYG2010's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: myasir_gulzar@hotmail.com
Posts: 61
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
MYG2010 is on a distinguished road
Smile NAB:: Psychological Test

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your comments and guidance.

@Rao Adeel & Mani999

In my opinion you people must appear for the test of JIO because there is more space available to be successfully recruited. Best of luck
  #33  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
MYG2010's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: myasir_gulzar@hotmail.com
Posts: 61
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
MYG2010 is on a distinguished road
Post Psychological test for AD - NAB

Dear Members,

As NTS has uploaded the sample question paper for the psychological Test but I am confused how that will be graded . Any tips to get success in the exam ??

Profound Regards.
  #34  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
mirusama's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Karachi
Posts: 325
Thanks: 35
Thanked 79 Times in 60 Posts
mirusama is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairasheikh86 View Post
WILL They conduct interview same day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveed View Post
dear i want to know that those candidates who are called for psychological test,must be called for interview or they nts will again do shortlisting after psych. test ??????????? kindly answer me ............thanks
the following are my personal views.

i don't think they'll take the interview on the same day. the number of candidates for the post of AD is 869, for which i have applied. it almost makes 9 people eligible for the seat of 1. i believe this would make the hiring process very time consuming and tedious. therefore there needs to be further shortlisting.

a psychological test determines if you're fit for the job applied. if one is cognitively unfit, there would be little or no point interviewing that person. ("little" because of source or pawaa or whatever you wanna call it) but it has been done on merit so far i hope it continues to be like that.

for all those who have a negative mind set, including myself, have a little over a week to learn to hide that about yourself.

i wish you all best of luck!


Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
Your point seems to be valid. The way they have designed psycho test shows that this phase will not help candidates improve their ranking after the first test. This test seems to pinpoint more-suitable candidates from less-suitable ones. It will play indirect role. Also, if they call all candidates for interviews, it'll result in more lengthy overall process of recruitment. It also seems that there is a chance that people with high scores may be dropped at the end if they are not found to be suitable for their jobs, this will in turn give chance to people with relatively less scores and better psychological performance to go up the merit.
Agreed!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MYG2010 View Post
Dear All,

Thank you so much for your comments and guidance.

@Rao Adeel & Mani999

In my opinion you people must appear for the test of JIO because there is more space available to be successfully recruited. Best of luck
hahaha yes! JIO go go go! leave the slot for AD, best!

on a serious note, go for the test you think you've scored better in w.r.t other people's marks. and there's a high chance that you're asked to give one test. also if you pass it then in the interview you'd be asked why you applied to both when you were eligible for a higher post, low confidence much?
__________________
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form - Marx

Last edited by mirusama; Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: more replies.
  #35  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
shra's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
shra is on a distinguished road
Default

please tell me what is the criteria for people who are selected for assistant director phychological test?i got 53 marks but not called for phychological test.but i saw some people who got 47.and49 marks called for phychological test.
  #36  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
mirusama's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Karachi
Posts: 325
Thanks: 35
Thanked 79 Times in 60 Posts
mirusama is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shra View Post
please tell me what is the criteria for people who are selected for assistant director phychological test?i got 53 marks but not called for phychological test.but i saw some people who got 47.and49 marks called for phychological test.
tough luck! don't beat the bush as there's no point to it now. it depends on your domicile, gender, belief system and marks.

e.g girls from balochistan 50
minorities less than 50

so these are the marks you saw, that i know of. better luck next time.
__________________
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form - Marx
  #37  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Quetta
Posts: 220
Thanks: 48
Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts
miss ali is on a distinguished road
Default

change of test center is not allowed for this phase
=> i have to go to karachi for this psychological test and i dont even know that what is the package/ pay scale for A.D and in the end if it is worth my efforts.
  #38  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
attique ur rehman is on a distinguished road
Default

dear bro;pi share me if you have any knowledge obout the NEXT step regarding ASSISTANT (BPS 14) .i have secured 75 marks.
  #39  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66
Thanks: 8
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
RabiaAsif is on a distinguished road
Default specialization certificate

i have done master in business economics with distinction. now i have been called for psychological test for AD bps-17 post and my nts scores for written test was 59. now i have seen below note on nts site.

Note : Candidates holding degrees / certificates not specifying area of specialization, must provide specialization certificate from the concerned university.

there was no specialization for my degree. so do i need any certificate? or if i need then what sort of certificate it will be ? do guide...

Last edited by Shooting Star; Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Do not use red color.
  #40  
Old Thursday, July 26, 2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
attique ur rehman is on a distinguished road
Default

dear friends kindly share info about the next step for assistant (bps14)????will there be psychological test for assistant or they be called for interview directly ????or whats the next step...share infos regarding this if you have any.
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solved Everyday Science Papers Dilrauf General Science & Ability 7 Sunday, December 01, 2019 07:28 PM
Online references for Psychology happy ending Psychology 9 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 06:36 PM
What is Personality Test??? Muhammad Adnan General Knowledge, Quizzes, IQ Tests 4 Wednesday, May 18, 2011 04:08 PM
Lahore Phase ll Psychological deovolente CSS 2009 Exam 29 Sunday, April 18, 2010 01:48 AM
Please share experience of Psychological test. reformer Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) 30 Tuesday, June 09, 2009 09:09 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.