Sunday, September 15, 2019
12:25 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Optional subjects > Group V > Urdu Literature

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old Monday, May 14, 2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hadi is on a distinguished road
Default

i do have opted urdu........
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Tuesday, May 15, 2012
silza's Avatar
43rd CTP
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: earth
Posts: 47
Thanks: 323
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
silza is on a distinguished road
Default

me too have opted urdu , but i want to ask farah zafar the reason for dropping urdu, because i know her grip on the subject, n in my opinion, "farah ka qalam rawan hai"...........so will u please share your point of view farah?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Farrah Zafar's Avatar
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: امید نگری
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 2,346
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,574 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silza View Post
me too have opted urdu , but i want to ask farah zafar the reason for dropping urdu, because i know her grip on the subject, n in my opinion, "farah ka qalam rawan hai"...........so will u please share your point of view farah?
I still have Urdu but for PMS

I dropped it because I didn't want to take risk in my 2nd attempt.If I had scored well in Indopak,I would never drop Urdu.But having two less scoring subjects at a same time would be a disaster for me.

I had two good options,Arabic & Punjabi but both couldn't be opted because of Urdu so I replaced it.The highest score of Urdu lies between 120-130 while in Arabic the minimum score(average) begins from 120 and it can be 150+ if one does really well.You know our concern is to get good marks.

And dear keep in mind three things whenever you choose a subject,

1)Your aptitude for it
2)Difficulty level of the subject(for you)
3)Persistent trend of marks(not in all cases)

Third point can be elaborated by example of regional languages or specifically Punjabi.So far it has proved itself scoring.
__________________
Love is my Shield,Truth is my Sword,Brain is my Crown,Smile is my Treasure and I'm a Queen;
Quitters never win and Winners never quit..!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
silza (Wednesday, May 16, 2012)
  #24  
Old Thursday, May 17, 2012
silza's Avatar
43rd CTP
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: earth
Posts: 47
Thanks: 323
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
silza is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post
I still have Urdu but for PMS

I dropped it because I didn't want to take risk in my 2nd attempt.If I had scored well in Indopak,I would never drop Urdu.But having two less scoring subjects at a same time would be a disaster for me.

I had two good options,Arabic & Punjabi but both couldn't be opted because of Urdu so I replaced it.The highest score of Urdu lies between 120-130 while in Arabic the minimum score(average) begins from 120 and it can be 150+ if one does really well.You know our concern is to get good marks.

And dear keep in mind three things whenever you choose a subject,

1)Your aptitude for it
2)Difficulty level of the subject(for you)
3)Persistent trend of marks(not in all cases)

Third point can be elaborated by example of regional languages or specifically Punjabi.So far it has proved itself scoring.
yeah i wondered this girl has same choice of subjects in PMS as mine. so i really wanted to ask something from you. in fact people gave me quite negative comments about opting urdu, but i feel confident , so i want to know that will u please share with me the past experience u had with urdu and other subjects?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Friday, May 18, 2012
Farrah Zafar's Avatar
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: امید نگری
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 2,346
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,574 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silza View Post
yeah i wondered this girl has same choice of subjects in PMS as mine. so i really wanted to ask something from you. in fact people gave me quite negative comments about opting urdu, but i feel confident , so i want to know that will u please share with me the past experience u had with urdu and other subjects?
Dear If I were well prepared,Urdu could not affect me in any way.My over all preparation was pathetic,that's why,I suffered.

You may see these three threads

Right after exam,

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/276636-post3.html

Before result,

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/345470-post40.html

After result,

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/382890-post27.html
__________________
Love is my Shield,Truth is my Sword,Brain is my Crown,Smile is my Treasure and I'm a Queen;
Quitters never win and Winners never quit..!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
silza (Sunday, May 20, 2012)
  #26  
Old Sunday, May 20, 2012
silza's Avatar
43rd CTP
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: earth
Posts: 47
Thanks: 323
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
silza is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post
Dear If I were well prepared,Urdu could not affect me in any way.My over all preparation was pathetic,that's why,I suffered.

You may see these three threads

Right after exam,

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/276636-post3.html

Before result,

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/345470-post40.html

After result,

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/382890-post27.html


hmmmm.... agree with u farrah, but somehow me too have to cope with the exam alongwith a job & MS. and i fear the same that happened to u in exams. have u appeared for 2012 or ur second chance is 2013?
__________________
jo rukey tou koh-e-gran they hm, jo chley to jan se guzr gaey!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Sunday, May 20, 2012
Farrah Zafar's Avatar
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: امید نگری
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 2,346
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,574 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silza View Post
hmmmm.... agree with u farrah, but somehow me too have to cope with the exam alongwith a job & MS. and i fear the same that happened to u in exams. have u appeared for 2012 or ur second chance is 2013?
I have taken 2012 exam.My 3rd chance will be in 2015 (allah na karay)

Well dear,start urdu from now on.Both papers should be started simultaneously.Paper B se kisi poet ko shuru karen aur paper A k general sawal karen.

A sincere suggestion:It will be better if you complete your M.S first then go for CSS.
__________________
Love is my Shield,Truth is my Sword,Brain is my Crown,Smile is my Treasure and I'm a Queen;
Quitters never win and Winners never quit..!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
silza (Sunday, May 27, 2012)
  #28  
Old Sunday, May 27, 2012
silza's Avatar
43rd CTP
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: earth
Posts: 47
Thanks: 323
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
silza is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post
I have taken 2012 exam.My 3rd chance will be in 2015 (allah na karay)

Well dear,start urdu from now on.Both papers should be started simultaneously.Paper B se kisi poet ko shuru karen aur paper A k general sawal karen.

A sincere suggestion:It will be better if you complete your M.S first then go for CSS.
thanks for your sincere suggestion but after MS is not possible for me, it is already late..., secondly, did you feel that writing for 3 hours not with the same fluency as v used to have in inter, is a factor?
and one more thing, to which extent lectureship help in it, me too lies in the same pool.....so wanna know your opinion...
__________________
jo rukey tou koh-e-gran they hm, jo chley to jan se guzr gaey!!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Sunday, May 27, 2012
Farrah Zafar's Avatar
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: امید نگری
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 2,346
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,574 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silza View Post
thanks for your sincere suggestion but after MS is not possible for me, it is already late..., secondly, did you feel that writing for 3 hours not with the same fluency as v used to have in inter, is a factor?
and one more thing, to which extent lectureship help in it, me too lies in the same pool.....so wanna know your opinion...
Indeed,writing practice is very important.You are right,I experienced it during paper of Urdu and Islamiat.I had beautiful words to write but I couldn't write as much as I wanted..Specifically Paper B can't be done well without fluent urdu writing.You must practice it.

Regarding my own experience,I must say,fluency wasn't the main factor behind my pathetic score but yes it was one of the factors. I secured 49 marks in paper B,(overlooking less marks in mcqs portion)it wasn't much bad score,considering my preparation level.Marks in paper A were 34 and for that,fluency wasn't responsible.


I'm not lecturer of Urdu so it had nothing to do with my paper of Urdu.If you are teaching Urdu,then of course it's a plus point for you.You are in touch with the subject,that really matters
__________________
Love is my Shield,Truth is my Sword,Brain is my Crown,Smile is my Treasure and I'm a Queen;
Quitters never win and Winners never quit..!!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Sunday, May 27, 2012
Fassi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Islamabad, Hafizabad
Posts: 469
Thanks: 13
Thanked 753 Times in 324 Posts
Fassi is a glorious beacon of lightFassi is a glorious beacon of lightFassi is a glorious beacon of lightFassi is a glorious beacon of lightFassi is a glorious beacon of lightFassi is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post
Indeed,writing practice is very important.You are right,I experienced it during paper of Urdu and Islamiat.I had beautiful words to write but I couldn't write as much as I wanted..Specifically Paper B can't be done well without fluent urdu writing.You must practice it.

Regarding my own experience,I must say,fluency wasn't the main factor behind my pathetic score but yes it was one of the factors. I secured 49 marks in paper B,(overlooking less marks in mcqs portion)it wasn't much bad score,considering my preparation level.Marks in paper A were 34 and for that,fluency wasn't responsible.


I'm not lecturer of Urdu so it had nothing to do with my paper of Urdu.If you are teaching Urdu,then of course it's a plus point for you.You are in touch with the subject,that really matters
Very true, one should be in touch with the subject (especially in Language and Literature) to have good marks in it.

I was very good in Urdu in College and I used to write my personal poetry and studying various poets and writers but in University I gave it up that's why I'm not gonna opt for it. Otherwise Urdu is my first and only love.
__________________
Apni Matti Pay Hi Chalnay Ka Saleeqa Seekho
Sang-e-Marmar Py Chalo Gy To Phisal Jao Gy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important urdu mcqs for lecturers naveed143smile PPSC Lecturer Jobs 0 Thursday, September 29, 2011 08:50 AM
History of Urdu Literature sara soomro General Knowledge, Quizzes, IQ Tests 0 Monday, September 28, 2009 06:44 PM
Urdu Newspapers Qurratulain Journalism & Mass Communication 0 Sunday, April 23, 2006 10:26 PM
*`~Urdu Language*`~ sibgakhan Urdu Literature 0 Wednesday, February 08, 2006 04:13 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.