Monday, April 29, 2024
05:10 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, December 24, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayesha Ali View Post
The problem with our country is this that we tend to be extremely ethnocentric. It is mostly felt that we favor the person in the corridor of power who shares the same racial stock with us.
A Punjabi, for that matter, supports Nawaz Sharif how horrible his decision may be. The same is the case with a Urdu-speaking supporting Altaf Hussain, a Sindhi supporting Zardari sab and Balochs supporting their ruthless Sardars and Nawabs.
Media is evolving in Pakistan. It has not been independent since DONKEY’S YEARS.
Should we have black leash on media as the Musharraf regime did?
Who are we to decide that the media is partial or impartial? Geo is the most watched news channel in Pakistan. The same channel presented programs like George Ka Pakistan to present a soft image of Pakistan abroad. The same TV channel started Alim Online giving us an opportunity to rid of the shackles of Taliban’s interpretation of Islam.
The discussions and talk shows on various issues put the government of the day on the right track. Forgot the movement for restoration of judiciary and resignation of a dictator?
Forgot the governor rule in Punjab?
What actually is wrong is the way we perceive things. Things are looked at with a prejudiced mind. For example if we have an opinion that Mr. X is a good person and Mr. Y is a bad one. If media supports Mr. X then it is doing an admirable thing and if it is saying things against Mr. X then it is a demon. Anything said against Y is more than welcome. So this is called partiality han.me poor didn’t know that
Grow up guys. Pakistan needs Pakistanis.
First and foremost for your kind of information as you mentioned in your post that Geo has presented a soft image of pakistan in the whole world by airing george ka pakistan was unproductive.
let me draw other points which Geo (the most watched channel) has phenomenally pursued me to create such type of points.

1,what is happening in islamabad as u know diplomats of uncle sam are arriving there Instead of drawing attension of pakistani audience to be united for the national interest,the Geo is airing programms mostly on NRO.

2,What is happening in the kashmir,have u ever seen on indian channels that their army is doing injustice with muslims.while,Geo showed off ajmal kasab's home located somewhere in punjab through its investigation.did it present a soft image of pakistan in the whole world?

3,What is happening in balouchistan,everyone knows that india is playing its crucial role to destable pakistan by boosting BLA.unfortunately,the media is presenting particularly Geo that the Army of pakistan has been involved in the balouchistan from head to shoulder.while,they should air programs to ask Raw why it wants to disintegrate pakistan.

4,According to you,Geo is airing programs of islamic education like "AALIM ONLINE" do u know how much would u be charged if u make a call to talk with the anchor for a while?

5,you are talking about lawyers movement,have u listened the term Grey propaganda?
It was a Grey propaganda done by media.
in an article it was revealed that the nawaz sharif for gaining political means used Grey propaganda in the lawyers movement.

6,as far perceiving things x and y whatever is concerned,people cannot preceive a thing appropriately unless he who knows the reality.
simply i cannot claim that Mr x is bad unless i know his/her background,it is the fact which creates opinions.

Last but not the least,i am not anti Geo,the above points have been made on the basis of reality.

Regards,
WAQAR ABRO
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:
Ayesha Ali (Thursday, December 24, 2009), jadoon khan (Thursday, December 24, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), Rutba.Batool (Thursday, December 24, 2009), sameen (Thursday, December 24, 2009)

Rutba.Batool is on a distinguished road

@ Ayesha Ali

"George Ka Pakistan to present a soft image of Pakistan abroad".

Long time ago I incidentally saw this rubbish, he (George) was taken to a pan shop and he was told how to eat pan? and how it was made with katha and chona..... Yes you're right it is presenting soft image of Pakistan abroad.

It would be convenient to have Khanabadosh on this

Labaik Ya HUSSAIN (AS)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rutba.Batool For This Useful Post:
Ayesha Ali (Thursday, December 24, 2009), Khanabadosh (Friday, December 25, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), Sajid Sadeem (Friday, December 25, 2009), sameen (Thursday, December 24, 2009)
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Abro Sahib,

Yes the Ajmal Kasab issue has been wrongly handled by our media. but please notice that our "Honourable Government" always surrenders her dignity in front of others and Indians especially. It is Government's job to defend her self and the country. The problem is that Rehman Sahib knows that RAW is involved, why does he not released the proofs in dorsier form just as the indians did some time back. Are we waiting for Mehdi??

The Media needs to learn alot, like what national interests are and how to handle news. but we should also keep in mind that it is relatively very young and has to learn alot. give it some time. on the other hand who cares for national interests? no one i must say or almost no one! all of the top politicians and diplomats and civil officers have dual nationalities. They would sail out of pakistan in case something very rough happened! In that case i guess a Revolution on the lines of French Revolution is emminent or in other case, the disintegration of Pakistan.
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
Ayesha Ali (Thursday, December 24, 2009)

Ayesha Ali is on a distinguished road

well well,my dear siblings,i have reached this conclusion that a law has to be passed that corruption,if done successfully,is sacrocant and cant be questioned in any froum,what to talk of meida.
and discrimationary NRO was a godsend gift for Pakistan so keep mum when u hear these three letters.
Mediamen are,i must believe from now on,agents of Jews and Raw.They want to destabilise democracy in pakistan and for that they are being paid.hired bunch of Communists and bla bla.
Thanks for changing my views dear.
They say pakistani are emotional so emotions never can let u know what is right and what is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty boy View Post
What u r not getting my dear is the sensitivity as my sister mentioned. why is there so much conforontation in Pakistan,ever thought of it?
WHy are Sindhis so disillusioned?
Why are Baloch in a minor insurgency that may esclate God Forbid into a major war zone.
Ever been to a village near Tarbela in NWFP with the lowest volatges of electricty?
This is Pakistan my dear,a country of polarized regional and ethnic diversities?
Flame another fire,Quote Jinnah,Let corrupt politicians be hanged.
Again this is Pakistan,a country of poorly rich and richly poor.
The blessed country,made with the direct intervention of Angels from sky.
Find an Angel,make him the ruler of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
Corrupt people have no place in the Land of Pure People and the most UNCORRUPT people are the in barracks,find another ameerulmomennen Zia-ul-haq.
Im the naughtiest around but urge you with so much respect to think pragmatically and rationally.
I love Pakistan.
the relation between these and Maniac media??????
Naughty Brother thread is Maniac or its initiator?

Last edited by Princess Royal; Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

Hi all

Quite an intresting debate. Here r few things i,ve observed.
1stly all of respected members have used the word "being rational" but im afraid no one has been rational enough 2 look at the both sides of picture. I see two extremes one calling media a panacea fr all the ills of country nd other calling it anti state!! The name of the thread itself z a bit harsh i wud say Now coming 2 da point I guess no one out dere is asking 2 curb the freedom of media, the issue z all about the role it z playing currently. now i consider our media to be quite immature nd here z why..
Istly the media has confined itself 2 a very narrow role nd tht z critisizing the govt. There may be nothing wrong wid it but then again its nt the only function of an independent media

2ndly our media is often seen too prompt creating hype without any real investigation into the matter

3rd z da way our media has broadcasted the wave of terrorisim nd corruption n it has been used(may be unconsciously) by elements wanting to project pk as a failed state nd im sorry 2 say our media has been a tool in thier hands.
Many have praised the role of media fr restoration of CJ nd against governor rule but i wonder the same media who cud gather millions on roads then has nt been able 2 build a nation wide consensus over WOT nd still a major faction of our ppl dun
realize the threat we are facing in the name of terrorism. Ever wondered Y???

The situation in our country is nt any more worse then in our neighbours where in 7 entire states there z literally no writ of govt nd i watch dere media but they have never been giving such image of thier country abroad. Nd talking of our media i
have often seen da flashing headline that Aamir khan ka kutta aj ghar say bhag gaya but never saw any thing related 2
violence over dere nd i keep on wondering Y???????

How many debates have been held on kashmir nd even on vital issues like Baghliar dam nd kishan ganga prj threatening our
survival but i dun knw y our ever vigilant media turn a dear ear 2 them

As i mentioned in my last post i rarely seen a talk show talking a policy matter regarding poverty elimination, eduacation,
health services etc etc.
I mean its fair enough 2 talk abt corruption in govt ranks but never heard a voice against
thousands of Ghost schools still working . How many debates have been held on building consesus in the masses over
matters of national intrests like dams, provincial autonomy nd other. All i see is an attempt to divide nd disintegrate the
masses nd create panic in them

Y the media trial of Doctor's negligence starts only after death of Huma wasim or an UK settled family'z daughter. There r hundreds dying daily in govt hospitals of the same cause y is ther no media trial then.

I personally knw of cases where a girl ran off her house in the name of so called pasand ki shaadi(nd woh pasand ki shadi kia
hoti hai i cant describe here) nd here z again our media projecting her as Savior of Women Liberty.
Here im nat talking
of karakaro or wanni cases. may be media role was good there on some occasionz. but im talking of the very recent wave of
how ppl have started 2 use media fr fulfilment of dere own dreams nd our media is ever welcoming to them widout ever trying 2 knw the real cause nd starts humiliation of respected parents nd families.

Now 2 conclude it all i again repeat tht im nt in support 2 curb media freedom but it has 2 learn its role nd if im 2 attribute all
ths 2 immaturity of media in our country then i ll say k "A knife z a useful tool same can be dangerous in hands of a child. Now if we want the child 2 learn 2 play safe sooner we may nt take it out of his hand but there must be somekind of supervision till he knows how 2 play safe"

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.

Last edited by Lord AvaLon; Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S_Ranjha For This Useful Post:
Sajid Sadeem (Friday, December 25, 2009), Waqar Abro (Thursday, December 24, 2009)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarabbas View Post
Abro Sahib,

Yes the Ajmal Kasab issue has been wrongly handled by our media. but please notice that our "Honourable Government" always surrenders her dignity in front of others and Indians especially. It is Government's job to defend her self and the country. The problem is that Rehman Sahib knows that RAW is involved, why does he not released the proofs in dorsier form just as the indians did some time back. Are we waiting for Mehdi??

The Media needs to learn alot, like what national interests are and how to handle news. but we should also keep in mind that it is relatively very young and has to learn alot. give it some time. on the other hand who cares for national interests? no one i must say or almost no one! all of the top politicians and diplomats and civil officers have dual nationalities. They would sail out of pakistan in case something very rough happened! In that case i guess a Revolution on the lines of French Revolution is emminent or in other case, the disintegration of Pakistan.
On the one hand,you are talking against the infant media and putting your remedies forward to let it learn few things more.on the other hand,you are saying that all people of pakistan including top diplomats and politician are loath to defend their national interest.

1.No one has born yet to sell out my beloved country pakistan,as far national interest is concerned,i know thousands of people who are still willing to sacrifice their life to defend pakistan as people did in the 1965 war.

2.The infant media knows very well how to suck milk from the breast of her mother(pakistan),it isnot sucking milk only rather is sucking blood of her(pakistan).

3.those civil servants who hold dual nationalities would not leave their motherland(pakistan) in the larch.

4.I won't agree with your slanging-match that media don't know about the national interest,it knows everything because it isnot the media of dark ages.

5.It has been conceded by you that the role of Geo on ajman kasab scenario was productively wrong then why it is still airing those programs which are against the rid of the state.

6.As you mentioned in your post that Why Rehman malik has been remained aloof over Raw involvement in the balouchistan.
i am asking you a question while holding a post how many works can u do at the same time.
the following Issues Rehman malik and his party members are facing.
N R O
Terrorism
Curruption Allegations
Internal and external security threads
Suicide bombing issues
Balouchistan issue
Balouchistan package negligence ...etc.
Although,neither i like Rehman malik nor other politicians but they must be given a chance though.

In my opinion,media should come forwards with new techniques to defend pakistan lieu of breathing fire against the government and and Army,It must think of its actual duty.

The following recommendations might be proved fruitful to defend pakistan from external as well as internal threads.

1.Media should emphasise the government what it should do by airing relavent programs over certain issues instead of blittering them in their discussions.

2.Media should be a watch-dog it must present the reality to the audience.

3.All political parties,top diplomats,bureaucrats and Army officials should be treated equally.no one should be given mercy either he who belongs to MQM party or PPP or M L N or etc.........

Baki points next post mein.

Regards,
WAQAR ABRO
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:
Khanabadosh (Friday, December 25, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), Sajid Sadeem (Friday, December 25, 2009), S_Ranjha (Friday, December 25, 2009)

Khanabadosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Salam

Remember the Lal Masjid Operation? When the army operation was underway, some sections of the media portrayed the fighters as ‘mujahid’.

When the President of Pakistan went on a visit to Afghanistan he was wearing a Sindhi Topi. Again, some mediaperson found fault in it. The question was asked as to “Why did the President wear a Sindhi Topi on his visit to Afghanistan?” Why not? What’s wrong in it? President is the symbol of federation, I guess. Isn’t Sindh part of the federation? Would heaven fall on us if we think as a Pakistani? Why Sindhi, why Punjabi, why Balochi and why Pushto? Otherwise, will it be convenient to demand for shifting the GHQ from Rawalpindi (the Punjab) to Karachi (Sindh) or Islamabad in order to seek impartiality. Or even to demand for the shifting of the Civil Services Academy from Lahore (the Punjab) to Islamabad or Karachi (Sindh)? I don’t find anything wrong with the location of the present national institutions because every inch of Pakistan is mine a Pakistani. Then exactly what made the amateurish journalist point his dirty finger at the Sindhi Topi, a part of country’s rich culture?

Blessings in disguise? Enormous. We in new jersey had a chance on the 6 of December to meet with the people from Sindh in a gig at a 5 star

A member has to get proper education from school and complete it. He must have left his schooling early. He “Media is working against all. the sugar cartels, the corrupt politicians and civil officers, judiciary everybody.”

Please name them

As he never stops he again says “With power come dangers as well.”

I’d like to know who had the powers and who’d suffered? Adding to his insufficient knowledge, there has been 21 prime ministers and 11 presidents in Pakistan. Murdered or assassinated only three out of 21. One was Muhajir, and the other two Sindhis. Why? Why the cavalcades of others were saved from hitting the Bullseye just only 5 minutes before or after they crossed past? Bravo….standing ovation for them.

Dear brother improve your amateurish arguments, think before you talk. This nation still has time to learn before Allah’s Insaaf got us all unawares. Learn from those nations which lost because they didn’t learn from their mistakes at all? I wonder if you’ve mature study of the chronicles of the past nations. Revolutions full of bloody chapters have been written down. Learn from them. Hazrat Ali had said that an unIslamic government can last long but not an unjust one. (Can’t vividly remember the exact words of the Imam). This may include Benazir Bhutto, Nawaz Sharif, Zardari, Judiciary and the present day media, the army, the isi etc. Rehm karo is mulk k logon par. Learn from Karbala as it is not only a religious lesson but beyond to the limit of one’s sane wisdom. Don’t overestimate only because you’ve have the support of the Boots. The Boots were also there at Karbala centuries ago. You know the result and the rest!

My message to the country’s media is that please don’t divide anymore the already aggrieved nation while in the blind competition of ‘how much you did’ attitude. Your job is to present facts as they are and not to clean one’s dirty linen in the public. Show the nation the other side of the picture too if you’re really working for democracy and not for otherwise.

I’d love to repeat the reputed quote by T.J. Hope you’ll pay heed this time.

“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing, but newspapers.”

“And among men there is one who selleth his self (soul) seeking the pleasure of God; and verily, God is affectionate unto His (faithful) servants.” 2:207
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khanabadosh For This Useful Post:
Ayesha Ali (Friday, December 25, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), Rutba.Batool (Friday, December 25, 2009), S_Ranjha (Friday, December 25, 2009)
Old Friday, December 25, 2009

Ayesha Ali is on a distinguished road

Dear Khanabadosh.
Agreed to most of the views expressed by you but dear that is the problem of national integration not the media's role.
Suppose Mr.Asif Zardari were a Punjabi,then would you say that media is harsh on him for the corruption cases against him???
The thing is that right and wrong should not be based on what language the alleged person speaks.
Sindh is the heart and soul of Pakistan.My Sindhi friends are a treasure for me because they are simply wonderful people.True,there have been injustices and misperceptions but dear if media goes wrong then it is the media again that corrects it.
Shahid Masood made a blunder but Sindhi media gave him a befitting reply by celebrating Sindhi Topi and Ajrak day.
Thats the where media works wonder.
Khanabadosh (Friday, December 25, 2009), Rutba.Batool (Friday, December 25, 2009), Sajid Sadeem (Friday, December 25, 2009)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no 5225

Sajid Sadeem will become famous soon enough

jumping on the bandwagon again.

@ Ayesha, Waqar, Ranjha and Khanabadosh:

U all have presented good points for and against this topic. But what i cannot understand is the issue y some of you are supporting one side while the others are supporting the opposing side.

We, being candidates for CSS, must know that we should only support the truth and reality. We cannot take sides. It would be against the natural justice and common sense. Try not to be prejudiced.

The whole point can be given in a nutshell like this: Our media is free (to a large extent) but it is still immature. It needs time to prioritize its preferences and duties.

Whatever else u may say, either as an evidence or rebuttal, will just be the plain ground facts. They are true but you cannot judge them unless they have any impression on the nation at large. So, if the media performs negatively in the name of accountability or neutrality (Zardari and Ajmal Kasab), it could be harmful. But on the other hand, this is what the freedom of speech is all about.
Ayesha Ali (Friday, December 25, 2009), Khanabadosh (Friday, December 25, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), S_Ranjha (Friday, December 25, 2009)

Rutba.Batool is on a distinguished road

Dear Ayesha Ali

National integration is supposed to be our one of the most avowed national interests. Media, I guess, has the same job in its manifesto. National interest comes first above everything on an agenda of ethnic media. No partisan at all. For example, Sindh is plagued by dacoits since for a long time. Thousands of people have been killed in kidnapping-for-ransom and scores of others looted on a phenomenal scale. How often have watched even an exclusive footage on it, except sindhi media itself.?

It would have been better if we had enjoyed a ‘federal’ sort of media or u can say unanimous media. Yes he got a befitting reply but not from the same channel the which aired the biased comments. But it was the other Sindhi media which came made it what u say ‘befitting’. Holistically speaking, don’t you think it would have been better if whole of the country’s media had given him a ‘befitting’ reply? After all it was working within the same federation.

Labaik Ya HUSSAIN (AS)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rutba.Batool For This Useful Post:
Ayesha Ali (Friday, December 25, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), Sajid Sadeem (Friday, December 25, 2009)