Monday, April 29, 2024
01:44 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ramshakhan will become famous soon enough
Default Civilians killing civilians in the presence of police

I am disturbed for last two nights. I was watching news when I saw that 2 young boys have been killed by citizens of Sialkot while being caught red handed. They hanged their nude bodies in city. Police couldn’t do anything except to observe all.
It’s ordinary news but much disturbing for me. People sitting around me at that time commented that ‘ye thek hy. Ab public ko khud kuch kerna paryga’.
I am dreaming about this event as its taking place in front of my eyes. Horrible……. Two nude men are being beaten with sticks, bricks, iron rods and no one could help. (Keep in mind, I am not saying that they were innocent and shouldn’t be treated like that.) My view is this that neither our country law nor religion does allow us to humiliate anyone not even dead bodies then how we can be silent spectators over such incidences? Whats the difference between us and Taaliban now? Taaliban’s only one video, showing a girl to be punished, became the leading story of that week. Why? Because it was accused(according to them) girl and in this video, there were two boys.
Media didn’t forget its duty to make video and taking pics of this horrible event.
According to country law, certain dep’t. (Police) is there to catch the accused and court is there for deciding punishments. According to our religion, accused person is presented to Qazi and he will decide the nature of punishment according to Sunnah and Quran. Punishments are there for every criminal act but according to nature of crime and other circumstances.
Who has given permission to general public to kill and humiliate their dead bodies in such way to hang them nude over trees? Women are also present in that area. And media is taking their pics to show their efficiency. What’s going on all this?
I am not in favor of criminals but just have objection over such reaction. Who knows why they were there to rob? May be they were emotionally forced by seeing their hungry kids and families. Or they might not be habitual of robbery.
Ab kis k hath pe unky parents’ apny jawan beton ka laho talaash karein?
This event shows that we are getting frustrated. We are losing our patience. Our system has failed to protect anyone. Big shots or famous dacoits are enjoying special services in our jails. I wanna tell a real event here. Some days ago, Two motorbikes were stolen from our village home. Next day, an unknown person came to us and demanded 70 thousands in order to return bikes. One of our servants recognized him and told us that he is from a famous dacoit gang and head of gang is in that city jail. Fortunately, my cousin is jail superintendent in that jail. So he took time in jail to see this respected gang head who promised to return bikes within two days. He was leading his gang while being in jail himself. So according to promise, we got motorbikes without money. I was astonished at that time and after this news, I am speechless. Real culprits are enjoying while being govt’s guests and such minors are being killed in such way.
I asked from cousin, he replied, only in his jail about 900 special criminals are present who have direct approach to ministers. Even they are allowed to hang around in city for change after a month.
Now tell me, Why all are silent over such incidences? No court , no tv channel or print media taking it seriously. its not matter of two robbers now but this will encourage public to be judge of their own in every way. They may take lives of innocent people as well if not checked or controlled on time.

Think before it’s too late.

Regards,
Anwar shah safi (Wednesday, August 18, 2010), Invincible (Wednesday, August 18, 2010), leopard (Sunday, August 22, 2010), M.AKHTER (Thursday, August 19, 2010), mobimian (Sunday, August 22, 2010), Naveed Badar Memon (Wednesday, August 18, 2010), nuzhat fatima (Saturday, August 21, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

I am in full agreement with the poster above.
We have no cable connection at our home to keep our kids safe from such horrible scenes, but yesterday i was getting my car serviced at service station and in the waiting room they had a TV set and it was showing these sad incidents again and again. Being a sociologist i was observing the impression on people's face present there and what i found out was either not good.
Most of them were in favour of this type of "speedy justice" but a minority was also had views like me and the Ramsha khan. It was the hight of barbarianism and cruelty and it is not first of its kinds. We are observing this phenomenon for last many years and in Karachi it happened several time in past.
Now the question arise, why it is so in the presence of Law enforcement agencies ? It seems our people have lost confidence in these law enforcement agencies and it shows the degradation of our social institutions to the last extent. When i was watching these clips, it immediatly came in my mind the taliban style of speedy justice and i concluded in my mind that we all are going to be taliban graduly as our system has fail to deliver !
Invincible (Wednesday, August 18, 2010), ramshakhan (Wednesday, August 18, 2010)

Anwar shah safi is on a distinguished road

the following paragraphs really impressed me.and really its points to think.

[*]Whats the difference between us and Taaliban now? Taaliban’s only one video, showing a girl to be punished, became the leading story of that week.

[*]According to country law, certain dep’t. (Police) is there to catch the accused and court is there for deciding punishments. According to our religion, accused person is presented to Qazi and he will decide the nature of punishment according to Sunnah and Quran. Punishments are there for every criminal act but according to nature of crime and other circumstances.
[*]Who has given permission to general public to kill and humiliate their dead bodies in such way to hang them nude over trees? Women are also present in that area. And media is taking their pics to show their efficiency. What’s going on all this?
[*]I am not in favor of criminals but just have objection over such reaction. Who knows why they were there to rob? May be they were emotionally forced by seeing their hungry kids and families. Or they might not be habitual of robbery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anwar shah safi For This Useful Post:
ramshakhan (Wednesday, August 18, 2010)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of

I fully endorse the views of ramshakhan...and honestly,when I read this news I was shocked..those robbers were two real brothers and their father claimed that both were innocent..whatever,the case will be,but important is the point our society has become so intolerant..it doesnot follow any rules,law and order...which is really an alarming thing...This tendency should be checked with an iron hand..media must highlight such social issues and condemn this brutal incident..
Regards
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Our society is hijacked by a handful of criminals who are at large to continue their work even in day light. They are so bold even they don’t hesitate while committing crime infront of police officials and some times police become their victims of barbarity similarly the private security guards.

Criminals, kidnappers and dacoits don’t have fear of state due to lapse in our legal system. Courts are inundated by millions of cases and it is noticed that criminals caught are usually on bail in similar cases.

It is quite natural from the masses to punish the criminals on the spot in order to avenge their grievances which is totally inhuman and unethical. No one has the right to become a judge or a state agent. Even police encounter is not supported by humanitarian organizations. It is said that we should hate crimes not criminals.

Our country is already suffering from Dark Age of bad governance. Corruption in judiciary and police department is in vogue. There should be exemplary punishments for crimes in order to create fear of crimes in the people. No one has the right to punish criminals behalf of the state by themselves otherwise it will led to anarchism and the people will use such occasions for personal ends.

marshal453 is on a distinguished road
Default Really a point of concern

Well i respect what you folks are saying, having said that, i would like to bring this in readers kind attention that such kind of "humanity" is only possible in an educated society with a flawless Legal system or at least where legal system does exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Prince View Post
Our society is hijacked by a handful of criminals who are at large to continue their work even in day light. They are so bold even they don’t hesitate while committing crime infront of police officials and some times police become their victims of barbarity similarly the private security guards.Criminals, kidnappers and dacoits don’t have fear of state due to lapse in our legal system. Courts are inundated by millions of cases and it is noticed that criminals caught are usually on bail in similar cases.
It is quite natural from the masses to punish the criminals on the spot in order to avenge their grievances which is totally inhuman and unethical. No one has the right to become a judge or a state agent. Even police encounter is not supported by humanitarian organizations.
Our country is already suffering from Dark Age of bad governance. Corruption in judiciary and police department is in vogue.
Well we do see fingers pointing out police corruption but we need to
look it this way as well as crown prince pointed out.

some times police become their victims of barbarity similarly the private security guards

i would say its not some times rather its quite often now, when ever police arrests a culprit, he gets bail or establishes an Elibi one way or the other, after that, the police guy who arrested him becomes criminals victim. further more the corrupt politicians also assert there pressure with golden brass of Police system to make things worse for a low cadre police officer. hence its quite normal rather logical for overlooking such incidents rather in some cases police do promote such kind of JUNGLE JUSTICE...
The crux is What should we do?
We have heard of some thing "necessary evil" how far do we agree on that? considering the psychological pressure of such incidents on criminals?
I Vote for it until we have some alternate option batter than this.

Thanked 1,356 Times in 719 Posts
unsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to behold

very disappointing incident. whatever the facts were, the matter should have been dealt with legally. I failed to understand why the Police Officials were by-standers while this horrible incident was occurred, and it is rather more disgusting when all this was happending under the nose of Police. Political clout in the matter cannot be ignored as well. whoever they were, they cannot be given carte blanche in this way. Such cases should vehemently be condemned at all levels. Those police officials along with accused persons should be given appropriate dose under the law.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Well, what i know is that our society was not so cruel about a decade ago. This type of incidents shows a major change in our society. We have become intolrent and not ready to listen to other party when it comes to settle score. The main reason could be the conflict we are having in this part of the world between opposing forces, that kills dozens of human beings daily in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Kashmir, Pilestine etc.
Remember violance breeds violance.
Old Thursday, August 19, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Absence of Rule of Law is the basis problem of our country. There is dual legal system one for poor people and the other for elite class and middle class is between the deep sea and devil. Billions of rupees are lain off for NRO beneficiaries whereas an ordinary person who even breaks the red signal of traffic becomes the victim our complicated and stereotyped legal system.

Street crimes is not a nuisance for ruling elite because they have proper security arrangement whereas the middle class, even upper class make the dreadful stories of the sad news frequently losing their precious lives. White collar criminals who are harmed the country more than the street criminals are at large. It is quite natural for the masses to punish the culprits by themselves due to trust deficit on the legal system of the country.

Here in the following videos you can see how the robbers and dacoits are fearless and they have trust on the legal system of the country; if arrested they will soon be on bail because it is the legal right of criminals.

It is wastage of time and resources by framing new laws, constituting commissions and organization to make reports and legislate to curb crimes from the country and protect the life and property of the people.

I will give example of a police officer who was DSP in Chaman Pak-Afghan Border. It is the most turbulent area but that young guy established peace and order in his locality by adopting stern measures, he killed notorious robbers of powerful background in encounter. He is honest and has no fear of death; he was victimized by powerful tribes of the area. His driver was caught red handed while smuggling heroine in his official vehicle; he was suspended and eventually arrested. It was a planned conspiracy to make that young DSP a terrible example of raising hand against crimes. Although that DSP was ultimately triumphed and restored on his position but it is really hard for honest police officers to continue their work uninterruptedly.

http://www.youtube.com/v/3tgVNrlbGXk

http://www.youtube.com/v/6b5vjm_qZJU
leopard (Sunday, August 22, 2010), marshal453 (Thursday, August 19, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Friday, August 20, 2010)
Old Thursday, August 19, 2010

Naveed Badar Memon is on a distinguished road

The accident was really shameful not only for politicians,media,police or law enforcement agencies but nation as whole. Our society isn't hijacked by any criminals but we ourselves have become corrupt.We are enemies of our own society so we don't need anyone else. Worse accidents happen on daily basis,some are reported and others not. We are responsible for these incidents individually!
Truth is always bitter!!!