Saturday, April 27, 2024
03:23 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, March 09, 2011
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Age relaxation should NOT be even considered (Maybe for areas like fata or other remote areas it is debatable) but for the masses it is not recommended. I totally agree with mani1, by relaxing the age up to 35 years is a very insane decision. It is not that one who opposes this relaxation is afraid of competition but it's rather illogical to compare papers of candidates where one has a 16 years of education (i.e bachelors) & the other holds a PhD. At the age of 35, you can very well do a PhD as well.

Pakistan civil services need young & Motivated Individuals. Saying that young people will be corrupt while older people will be pure is totally illogical and does not make sense. A Young Individual is always wanting to do something for their country & want to change things in a positive way and are motivated in bringing a change in the current corrupt society. On contrary, old individuals are tired and have already given up and They will go with the flow and will not try and will not be as motivated as the young individuals. Older people, will have a big family to support and several other things while young Individuals who are not even married yet have less expenses as compared to old people so old people in the context should be more corrupt.

I would also like to mention that being corrupt or not corrupt does not necessarily depends on age. Black sheep's are everywhere (both in youth and old) and in every community so we should not recommend this age relaxation as it will be cause more and more problems
The Following User Says Thank You to mukt For This Useful Post:
Rida Parveez (Sunday, March 13, 2011)
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about

One can present numerous arguments against inducting elderly babas in our bureaucracy which include but are not limited to

1)Elderlies want to join bureaucracy as they (in most cases) have failed in life, failed to get other jobs or failed in their careers. Since they are also married and due to their earlier failures they are more inclined towards corruption as they have to save for their and their children's future.

2)These old people are also reluctant to take risks. Can you expect a married 35 year old with 2 kids to go out in the field and indulge in an encounter with dacoits? NO

3)All over the world young workforce is encouraged. Especially in developed countries they have dearth of young energetic workforce while we have the same in abundance. Still crying for inducting elderlies makes no sense.

4)Why else would a 35 year old with kids would want to start at 20,000/month job when 24 year old graduates are getting jobs at 50,000/month and by 35 they earn upto 150,000/month? To save the country? Give me a break!

I do not want to start a discussion here as I believe it is futile. Someone who is in his 30s and without a job, dejected from life would do everything to have a chance at a prestigious life. I don't blame anyone for that. Heck it is their right to struggle and on the contrary I appreciate it. But let me tell all of you that there is a strong lobby against the age relaxation which believes in action, not empty rhetorics on the internet. They are very much active in the political circle so there is no chance of age relaxation. Moreover even if my some miracle the policy does comes, it hardly takes a day to obtain a stay order and put matters in limbo for years if not decades.

shtanzeel will become famous soon enough
Default @ Shamoon

Contract is secured by just a very few. say 2% of the retired people from one batch. maximum 4,5 people. Not all are on contracts. you can consult E-5, and S-1, Punjab, and countercheck that out of retiring officers in last 5 years only very few have been re-employed. Only those who have some strong connections.
Kh. Tariq Rahim, of the third common batch DMG retired in 2005, while his batch is yet at BS-22 at key posts (Khushnood Akhtar etc). He died after retirement with the hasrat of getting BS-21. because he was most elder in age. Of the same batch Naseer Ahmad, DMG, also supperanauted in BS-20 in 2005, while all his batch is yet in service. After passing depresed life he died a year or so back. Only one Kashif Murtaza got contract as Member, FPSC

So the oldies, do have to retire early than bacthmates, and have to suffer anxiety. Its better they remain in the profession in which they are. As contract is not guarented. Especially if you retire in BS-20. You are ineligible for most of contractual appointments, even FPSC, PPSC.

So its better, NO AGE RELAXATION
Banned

Well well well, I think we have now crossed our limits. For some reason, I feel that old people after reading these posts will be offended, so, nevertheless, OLD IS GOLD, so no need to be discouraged or something .. the views are just coming out of our hearts and we don't want to be hypocrites so I am sorry if mine or if anyone else comments unintentionally hurts the feeling of older people, i sincerely apologies myself and as well on their behalf
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about

@mukt

You are very right. I also want to apologize if I hurt anyone. I shouldn't have used the language which I did in my previous post. Tried to edit it but the option has been disabled. In any case, even we youngsters shouldn't blow this issue out of proportion. We should carry on our efforts but our majority time should be devoted towards clearing the exam. By fighting against anyone, we are not ensured passing of the exam.
Banned

yes brother, I agree with you. I will appear in 2013 exams inshAllah as I will get my bachelors degree in 2012 so can't appear in 2012. We can discuss and share some plans online If you like, I have skype & msn if you want to connect ..
Old Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shamoon is on a distinguished road
Default Winds of change!!!!

Dear Fellows,

All you have said may be correct but these are emotional chattering, nothing is supported by logic and reason. Please back up your claims with some statistical reference and analysis. If your claims hit the jackpot of reason and logic then THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY AGE RELAXATION. But if all you said is subjective and just an item from your wish list then WISHES HAVE NO END.

Please revisit your opinion and comeback with justifications.

Thanks
Banned

Everything said was based on logic and common sense. What else is logic? Saying that comparing papers attempted by PhD's and bachelors students is unfair, is illogical? Saying that old people have families to support and requires more financial assistance and therefore can indulge in corruption is also not a logical saying? Please explain, what is logic then?

sfsultan is on a distinguished road

If age requirement does gets reviewed, it will increase competition and this is the main concern of guys against age relaxation. Since we are in favor of concentrating on quality, age relaxation must also be accompanied by bumping up the education requirement to 16 years. This will surely increase the number of competent people qualifying for this prestigious service.
Banned

A competition between a PhD and a bachelors student is like a boxing match between a young male and a young female. If age has to be relaxed up to 35, then why not remove the age limit? You will have even more competitive aspirants, people from all walks of life who have seen different aspects of the world can apply.

Tags
age relaxation