Saturday, April 27, 2024
11:45 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, March 11, 2011

sfsultan is on a distinguished road

LOL! So you do admit that age relaxation will increase the influx of more competent people?

Shamoon is on a distinguished road
Default Spirit of age!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsultan View Post
LOL! So you do admit that age relaxation will increase the influx of more competent people?
You are spot on Sfsultan. Actually in our country people's mentality has been shaped in favor of pessimism and narcissism. Mostly are myopic and can't see the big picture in the greater national interest. Just imagine if age and education criteria is enhanced then how competent people with diverse background will begin flocking in for competition. You know the definition of beauty; unity in diversity. We talk tall but act so small, which is evident in every walk of life of all of us irrespective of age, area, religion and race. Pakistan as a nation is going down day by day; Pakistan used to be a world champion in Hockey but now stands nowhere in the comity of nations, cricket is suffering from chronic ailments, snooker's moon is eclipsed and reckit's glory is doomed. My dear all, we are standing in the middle of nowhere. If we didn't get changed ourselves then we would get extincted as a nation from the face of earth like dinosaurs.

Perhaps my many teenage friends have never traveled abroad for any purpose. My dear teenagers no foreign country considers 14 years degree as graduate. They consider it as diploma holder. Internationally 16 years of education is considered as graduation. Even Britain, our former colonial lord, doesn't consider 14 years of education as a bachelor while we are following worst form of British system.

See the state of affairs in our country, which are managed by 14 years of degree holders and envisioned by fake degree holders. 1- Agricultural country- Shortage of sugar, shortage of wheat. 2- Best Water Canal System- Floods, water shortage in urban areas. 3- Economy- Above 20 percent annual inflation, textile sector is ruined (backbone of Pakistan's economy). 4- Law and order- No need to say 4- International Recognition- You can guess would judge.

So my dear managed, well prepared in advance and foreseers are you still supporting the status quo for the gratification of your personal vested interest? And forgetting about long term national interest? Pakistan needs drastic measures and radical changes in its system to keep abreast with international community. Not to succumb to the wish lists and self serving interest of a few.

Das ist alles!!!!!
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58

soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about

@shamoon.if you think that raising the age bar to 35 years will be a panacea for the perennial problems plaguing the county i think you are mistaken..yes 16 years of education should be the standard ...and assuming a person goes to school when he is 4 years old he can get a degree in 22. add some unforeseen causes and convert this 22 to 25. the age limit right now is 28. even if i accept that there is substance in your claim then the upper limit can be 30 years. no doubt we need competent people but we do not need people who have failed in other spheres of life and then plan to join civil services. those who have aimed for civil services should take the exam after finishing their studies. and if they do not get qualified they should get on with their lives. and those who want to do phd can join the services and go on leave. we have so many cases here ...like ayesha siddiqa is one of them. because at 35 it makes no sense that a person joins civil services and gets a pay around 18k.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soloflyer For This Useful Post:
saania Saif (Friday, March 11, 2011), umesar (Wednesday, November 30, 2011)
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamoon View Post
Perhaps my many teenage friends have never traveled abroad for any purpose. My dear teenagers no foreign country considers 14 years degree as graduate. They consider it as diploma holder. Internationally 16 years of education is considered as graduation. Even Britain, our former colonial lord, doesn't consider 14 years of education as a bachelor while we are following worst form of British system.
STOP giving out false information.

You shouldn't be taken seriously at all. The very same other world you are talking about encourages younger workforce. The very same other countries do no induct 30+ in their bureaucracy. The very same other countries and their multinational corporations DO NOT hire anyone above 26 in their prestigious and coveted MTO/Management Associate/Fast Track Career growth jobs.
The Following User Says Thank You to mani1 For This Useful Post:
saania Saif (Friday, March 11, 2011)
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsultan View Post
Of course, Is there any doubt? But It will not be In the Interest of the country And will still be a biased and unfair decision. If you have to Increase the limit, up to 35, then I can't see why not remove the age limit. And If you favor competition so much then why not fail everyone below 60% marks overall and 50% in any subject (optional or compulsory) & also why not decrease the chances of attempt to 1 instead of 3 .. All these steps will Increase competition, wont they? Then, If you want more, why not make overall 75% pass and the rest fail .. how about that?

Bottom Line : Just Because Competition is increased does not mean it's a good decision, It can be a stupid one as well. MAKES SENSE NOW?

saania Saif is on a distinguished road
Cool

i have to say something to the members opposing the "age relaxation"

These are completely ignoring the variables of life such as deaths, marriages( mostly girls used to have plans of CSS exam but the get married during studies n after marrige the girl can't b able to join study or to do preparation atleast for 1- 2 years,) i m telling my experince. n when they become able they hv very less opportunities either just one or may b two but in very restrictive way.

By opposing this scheme, u r completely ignoring the persons who are making their lives themselves by crossing n tackling the hurdles, social barriers and so called societal taboos(with respect to girls).

So plz take consideration of our society n culture, age relaxation doesn't mean at all that the persons will definitely give exam after 30's no it means that the persons who r struggling n making their life and want to progress will get some relaxation.

Hope u understand my view if nt accept n agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
Of course, Is there any doubt? But It will not be In the Interest of the country And will still be a biased and unfair decision. If you have to Increase the limit, up to 35, then I can't see why not remove the age limit. And If you favor competition so much then why not fail everyone below 60% marks overall and 50% in any subject (optional or compulsory) & also why not decrease the chances of attempt to 1 instead of 3 .. All these steps will Increase competition, wont they? Then, If you want more, why not make overall 75% pass and the rest fail .. how about that?

Bottom Line : Just Because Competition is increased does not mean it's a good decision, It can be a stupid one as well. MAKES SENSE NOW?
Can u plz explain that age relaxation would be biased n unfair decision while u r admitting that increased competition doesn't matter?

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 01:39 AM.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saania Saif View Post
i have to say something to the members opposing the "age relaxation"

These are completely ignoring the variables of life such as deaths, marriages( mostly girls used to have plans of CSS exam but the get married during studies n after marrige the girl can't b able to join study or to do preparation atleast for 1- 2 years,) i m telling my experince. n when they become able they hv very less opportunities either just one or may b two but in very restrictive way.

By opposing this scheme, u r completely ignoring the persons who are making their lives themselves by crossing n tackling the hurdles, social barriers and so called societal taboos(with respect to girls).

So plz take consideration of our society n culture, age relaxation doesn't mean at all that the persons will definitely give exam after 30's no it means that the persons who r struggling n making their life and want to progress will get some relaxation.

Hope u understand my view if nt accept n agree.
There are positive and negative aspects of everything. In the context being currently discussed and debated, the disadvantages are more than the advantages. If we have to give those a chance who are making their lives by crossing n tackling hurdles, then uneducated people make their lives with even more hurdles and problems .. then should we make them CSS officers as well?

saania Saif is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloflyer View Post
@shamoon.if you think that raising the age bar to 35 years will be a panacea for the perennial problems plaguing the county i think you are mistaken..yes 16 years of education should be the standard ...and assuming a person goes to school when he is 4 years old he can get a degree in 22. add some unforeseen causes and convert this 22 to 25. the age limit right now is 28. even if i accept that there is substance in your claim then the upper limit can be 30 years. no doubt we need competent people but we do not need people who have failed in other spheres of life and then plan to join civil services. those who have aimed for civil services should take the exam after finishing their studies. and if they do not get qualified they should get on with their lives. and those who want to do phd can join the services and go on leave. we have so many cases here ...like ayesha siddiqa is one of them. because at 35 it makes no sense that a person joins civil services and gets a pay around 18k.
Wht do u mean by "failed in other spheres of life"?
If i m not getting wrong then u mean unsuccessful in other feilds?
Dear, i just want to share that i studied Chemistry till bachelors degree n i was 2nd devisioned, n in masters i took subject of my interest thts DDS n i got gold medal.
Failing or unsuccessful in one field doesn't mean tht u will fail in all. In fact failure tells u where the weakness lies.

the uneducated people not
'making" their lives but "trying to spend their lives "
its the educated people who go against the stremline to make their way. uneducated people thinks in the particuliar box, the educated people think out of the box. their hurdles r much different from the hurdles of uneducated persons.
As said in Quran too "ilm wly r Bghair ilm wly brabr ni ho skty"

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 01:40 AM.

Shamoon is on a distinguished road
Default God, Guts and Guns!!!!!!!!

I second sania saif, talent has to be prevailed. People who are opposing age relaxation are not doing it rationally but emotionally. I am surprised why people have competition phobia. I you have talent then off course you will make your way up the success ladder.

Remember American slogan: If you have God, Guts and Guns then victory is yours.

All proponents of age are talking about 'guts' not 'guns' as opponents are doing.
Banned

Quote:
the uneducated people not
'making" their lives but "trying to spend their lives "
its the educated people who go against the stremline to make their way. uneducated people thinks in the particuliar box, the educated people think out of the box. their hurdles r much different from the hurdles of uneducated persons.
As said in Quran too "ilm wly r Bghair ilm wly brabr ni ho skty"
Uneducated people face more hurdles and works harder for a living as compared to educated people. Anyone, well educated, or partially educated can get a office job and earn at least 6-10,000 rs while sitting in an air conditioned room with a computer in front of him/her and internet available while the uneducated works hard in hot sun (mazduri etc) and the outcome is what? 80 rs per day? 100 rs per day? makes up to 3000 rs per month, lol so common sense is a sense which is not very common.

Quote:
Can u plz explain that age relaxation would be biased n unfair decision while u r admitting that increased competition doesn't matter?
of course I can explain. Age relaxation will be biased because you will be relaxing it up to 35 years (or so it is suggested) then why not 50 years? why not completely eliminate the limit? what about people who just turned 36 previous year? If you increase it up to 35, you are biased towards those who are above 35 so think logically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamoon View Post
I second sania saif, talent has to be prevailed. People who are opposing age relaxation are not doing it rationally but emotionally. I am surprised why people have competition phobia. I you have talent then off course you will make your way up the success ladder.

Remember American slogan: If you have God, Guts and Guns then victory is yours.

All proponents of age are talking about 'guts' not 'guns' as opponents are doing.
All our thoughts are rational, my dear. If you can prove otherwise, I'd be happy to discuss. So better come up with logical conclusions rather than accusations

Regarding the american slogan, lolol, so the americans and you mean to say that the taliban will eventually be victorious? and Why did america defeated japan and germany in world war while both believed in the same God and had the guns and guts? do you think the americans made God happy by killing millions with nuclear weapons and which is why he helped them? Come on Before you copy/paste quotations, do analyze them first

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 01:39 AM.

Tags
age relaxation