Friday, May 10, 2024
10:26 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, October 05, 2011
40th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason:

Suman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima47 View Post
Taliban never gave you Shariah. It was Allah and His Prophet (P.B.U.H) who gave us Shariah. What is Shariah? Shariah simply means the sources that were revealed by Allah (S.W.T) on Muhammad (P.B.U.H). The unfortunate thing is that most of us judge Islam by Taliban or by seeing the kind of implementation of Shariah we have in KSA. I believe these people believe too much in media hype.

So should we cherry-pick when it comes to imposing hukm of Allah? So why do we call Islam not a mazhab but deen? Since I am not the one who is gonna justify Quaid's speeches or something, but I am going to stick to my point of a Shariah based society.
My dear sister you have misread my post.i never said Taliban give us shariah and I know the difference between shariah in KSA or as practiced by Taliban and real Shariah.infact being a student of Islamic studies i can't say this.even a simple muslim with limited knowledge knows that Shariah and deen is given by Allah alone.Plz reread my post to clear your confusion.i said "Shariah that Taliban want to impose"like they did in Afghanistan and want to in tribal areas of Pakistan where girls are not allowed to get education which is right given to every Muslim.i wonder who calls it Shariah!!! Let me tell you i am staunch supporter of Islamic state where Islam will be followed in real sense like it was being practiced during times of Holy Prophet(PBUH).Secularism exists nowhere in my dictionary beacuse Islam is such a beautiful and complete deen which gives rights to every person whether Muslim or non-Muslim then there is no need to think about terms like secularism.

I have been following this thread since beggining but i didn't feel need to indulge in discussion for two reasons.first members like Strain2,Shahzaib abbasi,Usman khalid and you are doing good job.( sorry to say Fatima but i feel little contradiction in your previous and new posts.in your previous posts i found you tilted towards secularism.anyways thats an other topic).second i cannot make such long posts. in my view this is endless and useless debate whether Jinnah wanted a secular or Islamic state because for the last 60 years this issue has not been resolved nor it is going to be.the war of words between so-called secularists and Islamists will continue and none will succeed in convincing other.

I wonder why we give so much importance to this issue after all Jinnah was a human.if Jinnah's statements are so much important then suppose if it is proved that Jinnah wanted a secular Pakistan will Pakistan then be a secular state or vice versa??Oh come on!! this is not going to happen.this is where we lack practicality and this is a fact no matter how much we deny it.we are in habbit of uttering empty words than taking any concrete action.we give so much importance to the statement of a human but have we ever thought what kind of state does Allah wants for Muslims and which is proved?? definately an ideal Islamic state.So isn't better that we try to realise our dream and duty of creating and ideal Islamic state into reality or do we still need to waste another 60 years over this debate?the first step towards this goal is to follow Islam completely in our own lives and this is what Islam demands.implement Islamic shariah in your own life first then collectively on state level.

Ohhh this has become my longest post on the forum.Thanks Fatima mera record turwa diya aap ne.
Invincible (Wednesday, October 05, 2011)

Fatima47 has a spectacular aura aboutFatima47 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureapak View Post
@Fatima

Jazib Roomi rightly said that in your later posts you fail to stick the words , you write in the earlier ones..

here goes how you defined shariah in your earlier post
The first thing is Jazib Roomi, as Shahzaib says, he never said that to me. When you are not sure of something, its better to ask because no one has any cure for presumptions. Plus, I am sure you overlooked all the posts that were thanked by him. Again, no one can force you to see the dougnut when you just wanna focus on the hole.(that too which never existed)

I know very well what I wrote. And since your post gave me a good feeler of how well you had grasped me, I had clearly written it twice Shariah (or Revealed Sources) = Quran + Sunnah. Care to read that. For a beginner like you, I iterate Sunnah is not a revealed source, but since whatever Prophet (P.B.U.H) did derived its inspiration from this divine source, thats why it is considered one.

Had you pointed out that usul-al fiqh mistake (after researching), I would have felt glad but since you are beating around the bush here so let me say, its not problem with my words, its just a little problem with your perception.

pureapak is a jewel in the roughpureapak is a jewel in the roughpureapak is a jewel in the rough

@fatima
why are you so reluctant to recognize the the merits of the modern socio political system called secularism ???

what is difference between the orthodox , fanatic muslim minds and you ???

i would appreciate a cool tempered reply rather than your instinctive style of offensive answers...

waiting.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
My dear sister you have misread my post.i never said Taliban give us shariah and I know the difference between shariah in KSA or as practiced by Taliban and real Shariah.infact being a student of Islamic studies i can't say this.even a simple muslim with limited knowledge knows that Shariah and deen is given by Allah alone.Plz reread my post to clear your confusion.i said "Shariah that Taliban want to impose"like they did in Afghanistan and want to in tribal areas of Pakistan where girls are not allowed to get education which is right given to every Muslim.i wonder who calls it Shariah!!! Let me tell you i am staunch supporter of Islamic state where Islam will be followed in real sense like it was being practiced during times of Holy Prophet(PBUH).Secularism exists nowhere in my dictionary beacuse Islam is such a beautiful and complete deen which gives rights to every person whether Muslim or non-Muslim then there is no need to think about terms like secularism.
You know, I know, we all know about our religion. Then why on earth do we judge it by the enforcement of Shariah that we have in KSA or the one we have had in Afghanistan? To be honest, I have already made an extremely lengthy post as regards to how we all are living in a bubble when we talk about Islamic State on Pattern of Prophet (P.B.U.H) or that of the rightly guided Caliphs. There is one thing you call theory and when it comes to theory, everything is perfect. When it comes to contemporary world, things are quite different and complicated.

Quote:
I have been following this thread since beggining but i didn't feel need to indulge in discussion for two reasons.first members like Strain2,Shahzaib abbasi,Usman khalid and you are doing good job.( sorry to say Fatima but i feel little contradiction in your previous and new posts.in your previous posts i found you tilted towards secularism.anyways thats an other topic)
Since you mentioned it so I find it better to clarify things.

Still, I ask you where was it that I tilted towards secularsim (the theoretical or the practical concept)? Enlighten me and I'll be grateful.

Quote:
second i cannot make such long posts. in my view this is endless and useless debate whether Jinnah wanted a secular or Islamic state because for the last 60 years this issue has not been resolved nor it is going to be.the war of words between so-called secularists and Islamists will continue and none will succeed in convincing other.
I was never dragging in Jinnah or Iqbal. I myself had explained my views in depth and I thought that I wont turn up again but since I found a member distorting certain facts of Islamic history so that paved the way for my further posts.

Quote:
I wonder why we give so much importance to this issue after all Jinnah was a human.if Jinnah's statements are so much important then suppose if it is proved that Jinnah wanted a secular Pakistan will Pakistan then be a secular state or vice versa??Oh come on!! this is not going to happen.this is where we lack practicality and this is a fact no matter how much we deny it.we are in habbit of uttering empty words than taking any concrete action.we give so much importance to the statement of a human but have we ever thought what kind of state does Allah wants for Muslims and which is proved?? definately an ideal Islamic state.So isn't better that we try to realise our dream and duty of creating and ideal Islamic state into reality or do we still need to waste another 60 years over this debate?the first step towards this goal is to follow Islam completely in our own lives and this is what Islam demands.implement Islamic shariah in your own life first then collectively on state level.
May I ask a simple question? Do you have any road map for establishing this ideal Islamic state?

Quote:
Ohhh this has become my longest post on the forum.Thanks Fatima mera record turwa diya aap ne.
You are always welcome sister.

Quote:
@fatima
why are you so reluctant to recognize the the merits of the modern socio political system called secularism ???

what is difference between the orthodox , fanatic muslim minds and you ???

i would appreciate a cool tempered reply rather than your instinctive style of offensive answers...

waiting.........
Bhai meray, kindly go and reread my post where I have taken EU as an example and explained how an Islamic Union is possible. Plus, care to see my post to Jazib where I have explained what made people turn to secularism. Unfortuantely most of us who claim not to follow mullahs, have adopted the same attitude.

The difference is that fanatics hear something from a maulvi and believe it to be true, like you have been doing lately (in my opinion).

I take that as a compliment. The problem is that I really cant do anything about people who have fragile ego. Plus, I am trying to stick to topic but when I find someone is trying to put words in my mouth, then I believe there is nothing bad in being straightforward.

One last thing, if one fails to grasp something, one should ask rather than trying to prove something else, after all expressing ignorance is also half ilm.

pureapak is a jewel in the roughpureapak is a jewel in the roughpureapak is a jewel in the rough

A muslim should be a role model as he has to preach the will of Allah SWT
by presenting his qualities and attracting the people...

I am afraid that with this kinda behavior how can you ever attract the non believers towards the goodness of our religion...

i am asking one thing you are replying with an other....
more importantly the taunting style of your response is repellent not attractive at all.

a secular is not fanatic he does listen to the molives and any one else with change in his ideas , he accepts the meaningful changes also.. but molvies hate to even talk with him.....

the shortcomings of EU are in front of us yet you are exemplifying it for uniting muslm umah.

You guys are still stuck in the ideas of organizing and expanding the potential towards development in the world while the rest of the world has left you far beyond as they have implemented their ideas decades ago.....

if you want to reject the idea of secularism (step towards change) offer your logical reasons pls..

here i do not mean the faulty culture of the west by secularism nor do i mean to isolate Islam from the political setup.

apart from these points of your contradiction i want to know what else you perceive ill in secularism and why should we not move ahead with new vistas of life ???
The Following User Says Thank You to pureapak For This Useful Post:
floydian (Wednesday, October 05, 2011)

Quote:
A muslim should be a role model as he has to preach the will of Allah SWT
by presenting his qualities and attracting the people...

I am afraid that with this kinda behavior how can you ever attract the non believers towards the goodness of our religion...

And a Muslim should not presume as well. Period.

Quote:
i am asking one thing you are replying with an other....
more importantly the taunting style of your response is repellent not attractive at all.
In most of your posts, you were not asking. You were trying to bring me to a point of yours which unfortunately was not valid. I have been discussing on this thread for quite a time now, how many of the members (other than you) found my posts taunting? But I can tell you that you were presuming about Jazib Roomi that he turned up to provoke sectarianism. So boiling it down to one sentence, when you make wrong presumptions, people are gonna justify their stand.

Quote:
a secular is not fanatic he does listen to the molives and any one else with change in his ideas , he accepts the meaningful changes also.. but molvies hate to even talk with him.....
Dont find it worth a comment.

Quote:
the shortcomings of EU are in front of us yet you are exemplifying it for uniting muslm umah.

You guys are still stuck in the ideas of organizing and expanding the potential towards development in the world while the rest of the world has left you far beyond as they have implemented their ideas decades ago.....

if you want to reject the idea of secularism (step towards change) offer your logical reasons pls..

here i do not mean the faulty culture of the west by secularism nor do i mean to isolate Islam from the political setup.
If there are so many shortcomings of EU, why is it still in existence?

Bhai meray, I can bet that you didnt reread my post and just picked EU and posted another question. I have explained the whole issue in very detail. Kindly read that and then post any questions.

Quote:
apart from these points of your contradiction i want to know what else you perceive ill in secularism and why should we not move ahead with new vistas of life ???
For that, give me example of a perfect secular state. I said before and I say it again, things are perfect when it comes to theory, but quite complicated when it comes to contemporary world.
floydian (Wednesday, October 05, 2011)
40th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason:

Suman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the roughSuman is a jewel in the rough

@ Fatima47

Well fatima you are not getting me.we don't judge religion by enforcement of shariah that we have in KSA or had in Afghanistan.infact we should not judge it on these basis.

as about your earlier posts,leave it.i don't want to start another debate.

i agree that things are quite different and complicated in contemporary world but who have made them so?? we are responsible for that.but it does not mean that we stop hoping for good and trying to improve things.

I am a firm believer in reforming ourselves before anything else and then many problems will be resolved.we people make a state and any road map for establishing an ideal Islamic state will begin with us.in return i would like you to tell me why we call the state of Madina during Holy prophet's period an ideal Islamic state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
@ Fatima47

Well fatima you are not getting me.we don't judge religion by enforcement of shariah that we have in KSA or had in Afghanistan.infact we should not judge it on these basis.
Got ya already. I was talking about the general criterion for judging Islam.

Quote:
as about your earlier posts,leave it.i don't want to start another debate.
Its never a debate for me. Its a simple discussion where our views have to be backed by logic. I and Shahzaib, though advocates of same concept, have difference of opinion when it comes to achieving the goal and there is nothing bad in it. Plus, I can bet on it that I was never tilted towards secular or democracy. I have explained how these things are linked with Islam to a certain extent thats all.

Quote:
i agree that things are quite different and complicated in contemporary world but who have made them so?? we are responsible for that.but it does not mean that we stop hoping for good and trying to improve things.

I am a firm believer in reforming ourselves before anything else and then many problems will be resolved.we people make a state and any road map for establishing an ideal Islamic state will begin with us.in return i would like you to tell me why we call the state of Madina during Holy prophet's period an ideal Islamic state?
The state of Medina was ideal first because for most of what Prophet (P.B.U.H) did, he had the divine guidance. It was an ideal state because it had been established by people who were trained by Allah's Messenger (P.B.U.H). It was an ideal state because Allah, after this state had been established, had laid down how the relationship of a person to person and that of a person to a state had to be governed. It was an ideal state in terms of tolerance and respect for other communities. I, being a student of History, can go on and on but the ones I mentioned above are the key features.

Tell you what, I dont have a problem with that. But lets assume that you have reformed yourself in next 5 years, what are you gonna do then? You'll go on reforming other people, fine. There are more than a billion Muslims in world, how are you and other scholars going to reform everyone? Who is here to say that Allah's hudud is different for different sects? Which sect says that usury is not haram? Sister, we are technically at war with Allah and His Prophet (P.B.U.H) as has been rightly mentioned in Quran and Sunnah. Since we are living in a highly polarized world, we need to realize that we have to look at broader concepts. We need to realize that if we keep banging our heads with beliefs, we are not gonna end up anywhere(I hope no one is gonna twist my words here). I know this is how the first state of Medina was established but tell you what, we have not inherited time of Prophet (P.B.U.H). I personally believe that no unnatural and repressive system has any place in Islam. The moment we try to make a union focussing on broader concepts (like defence, same currency, common foreign polict etc), we'll see the change coming through.

This is one lengthy post that I made. The only reason I am posting it again for you is to show how things are like when it comes to contemporary world.

Quote:
I totally loved your straightforward question . Lets come to the main point (and by this I mean others who are supporting an Islamic union, Islamic state, Caliphate or whatever are also requested to pour out their opinions). How is it going to be established in present day scenario? How exactly will this new caliphate work? Will it be a new revised modernised caliphate or the same we have read in books from the old centuries? So here I go…

When I say Caliphate, I always say that its nothing but supremacy of Quran and Sunnah. So what defines my Caliphate is a simple Islamic state governed by Alalh’s rule (though this is not what most of pro Caliphate people perceive when the word Caliphate is used).

Like I said before, no system of government has been explicitly mentioned in Quran and Sunnah so its all open for discussion. And this is why I say things have been left in Quran and Sunnah so that they could be accommodated according to time, place, occasion and culture. It can be a presidential system, a parliamentary democracy or some other from of democratic system out of dozens that are in place around the world. My own preference is for the leader (caliph or president) to be elected directly like in the US system. I personally like the kind of Presidential elections we have in US. Make your pick. The Federal Shariah Court can jot down some criteria (as per Quran and Sunnah) and then see if a particular candidates fulfills the criteria. The tenure should be pre-determined and if the ruler goes against Alalh’s hudud, the people should replace him with a new one.

We have the Objectives Resolution. We have the Constitution, which if implemented in letter and spirit can get us rid of 99% of our political clowns. We need to educate and mobilize the 82% of masses who think their vote just does not matter (no wonder when we have such leaders, they have a right to think so). We need to know that there is no mulla culture in Islam. Last but not the least, tolerance is something we’ll need more than anything (I’ll explain it in later part of my post). We know its not impossible to get decent and educated parliamentarians when we have article 62 and 63 incorporated in our constitution. These people are gonna constitute the legislative body or what we call parliament. They cannot and will not be allowed to transgress Allah’s hudood but yes, they can legislate (or you can say do ijtihad) when it comes to two or more lawful alternatives. Then there can be voting on any particular law to see how many legislators are in favour of a particular law. Opinions within the framework of Quran and Sunnah should be respected. But yes, they cannot go against Quran and Sunnah. Having said that, we know we are going to be ruled by rulers who are like us (though there will be a group of people always fighting to establish an Islamic state). So the transformation is an essential element.

I find this akin to perfect system of an Islamic state in present day world. But there is other side of the picture as well.

Suppose, if we manage to elect such leaders and everything goes smooth, how are we going to uproot this system of interest (No, simple Islamic banking cannot and will not suffice)? This one basic question immediately pushes me and many of my ilk into reality. Why? I am gonna discuss in later part of my post.

Now I’ll churn through pages of history. The era of Prophet (P.B.U.H) and the epoch of rightly guided caliphs was a commendable time. We all have read enough about the splendid era of rightly guided caliphs. I do not mean to disrespect any one of them here but if I have read history right, even they had certain shortcomings because they too were humans (that means we cannot expect the ruler to be perfect). Despite all the glory that Caliphate period had, three of the four Caliphs were assassinated owing to the rebellions broke out in their times. And Here we are talking about righteous men who were actually trained by Prophet (P.B.U.H) and the kind of moral integrity the exhibited, we cannot have a chunk of that.
The institution of Caliphate ( after Hazrat Ali was assassinated and Caliphate became controversial), was symbolic rather than a model of righteousness. Yet until the last Ottoman Caliph, it had united Muslims Arabs welcomed the end of ottoman caliphate, because of its strong Turkish , rather than Arab identity. What I mean to say is that difference on the basis of ethnicity is something that cannot be overlooked, neither in history, nor in present times.

Too many of us think that an Islamic State (whatever you call it ) should be one single entity. All Muslims should be equal. There should be no discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, sect etc. But I find it akin to living in a bubble. (I see that cannot happen under anyone other than Christ for all Muslims will not agree on anyone other than him). Why?

Too many of us who call for single Caliphate and a single Caliph concept with no borders (like we had in the time of Rightly Guided Caliphs) think this will be a land of milk and honey , it won't be (in my opinion) . Add to it the tribal nature of the arabs, the language and cultural difference of Pakistanis, Indonesians, Turks, Iranian , Afghans, berbers, somalis and deepest darkest African tribes. Add the religious differences between the Wahabis, Shias, Deobandis, Brelvis , Salafis and others (Did we have so many differences over religion during that golden era. So can actually turn into a single Muslim entity eliminating all these differences? The reason it has been failing as a concept for over a 1000 years is because we haven't been able to give the people proper representation.

All I'm saying is that we have to be practical on this issue. There is no way we can claim to be the seat of Khilafat and expect or force others to join us. This may have worked a 1000 years ago but it wont work now. What we need is an EU style system, with a rotating presidency, shared currency, shared markets, shared military (soon), shared policies, shared laws. Each country has it's own government but all follow Islamic law because at the end of the day, its His law that is supreme and not the Ruler, Representative, Caliph, Imam or whatever. The EU works because they have eliminated the influence of religion in their governance. If they bring in Vatican, Church of England, Baptists, and Presbytarians, all cease fires will cease as well.
Some of you might think of OIC for we do choose a rotating Leader, OIC has elections.
Notice, OIC = organization, AL = League, GCC = Cooperation Council.
The delimma is that they all have the "superior than thou" attitude.

EU = Union, meaning united.
NATO = Treaty, they have taken an oath, put it in writing.

Temporarily, we could change the charter of the OIC, and it could work, if we agree not to interfere in each other's internal matters, including faith/beliefs. And the treaty should be that when dealing with non-muslim states, we all need to stand united on all fronts, and support each other, including militarily and financially. Now this is how we can get rid of fiet currency and replace it with gold or silver or something tangible (Yes, the fiqh academies say that paper money is permitted, but I find it the core reason to this system of riba and to get rid of it, nothing can be done be a single state).

We Muslims should know that no one is responsible of anyone else deeds. But we Muslims should follow Islam in our life according to Quran and Sunnah, and choose best and most honest amongst us as our ruler, knowing that humans have limitations, so if any ruler goes out of line, we should discard that person as ruler for another ruler. Further, we should be cautious of dodgy people who try to make themselves self-appointed representative (of Allah) and use this route to con themselves into power using Islam .

State has duty to monitor our deeds with each other (Mamlaat) and nothing else. State can make best possible laws with the help of Quran, Sunnah or whatever means appropriate, but that has to be regarding ‘Mamlaats’ and not religious life of individuals. Rulers could be anyone who call himself Muslim and should see that no one get victimised regarding religion and that all should be equal in front of state. Laws of state should be strong and institutions in state should be such that they could take account of anyone in the country, including rulers.

Coming to beliefs, I do get more reward if I pray in a mosque, but it's not as if I become a sinner if I pray in my home. Example, in KSA, shopkeepers are forced to shut their business, and go to the mosque.
If that push to shove decision is attempted to be replicated in Pakistan, Egypt, Malaysia, Turkey or Dubai, there will be an uproar, as we're permitted to pray in our own privacy, even at a later time or day. So the public will contradict the government and demand an explanation, how or why are they over-ruling the liberty given to them by God the Almighty. Try telling a huge muslim population of Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, that covering your hair isn't enough, need to cover from head to toe, and then hear their reply.

I know, we all know, they all know, their religion. We don't need to be reminded again and again what the Quran says (as far as dawah is concerned, there is a a very appropriate and beautiful hadith about it which I’ll not quote right now). Some don't like to be reminded or told at all, and that itself can be an irritant enough to break away. It's a very sensitive issue for many. The Islamic state and even a Muslim Union (on pattern of EU) is only workable if we concentrate on broader issues, and does not affect beliefs.

We can choose to be united and run the Union in a practical way, or try to bring about a change that may never work, and cause more damage than achieve the goal.

I believe that the Islamic state needs to be far more flexible than Saudi Arabia or Taliban's Afghanistan if it's going to succeed. Actually Saudi Arabia is a very repressed and unnatural society and is no model of the Caliphate from my point of view. For some fundamentalist types Saudi Arabia is too liberal and they want something even more repressive. In Pakistani mosques people will sometimes actually comment on your trousers being too long.

Basically I think that we need to build a modern advanced state where a lot of flexibility is given to people in terms of how they want to live. In a three tier government system the local governments may be allowed to make rules that are more in tune with local customs (within periphery of Quran and Sunnah).

What I have in mind is a techno-Islamic society that promotes advanced science and technology and cultural development balanced with Islamic principles. What I have in mind is not at all what some other supporters of the Caliphate may be thinking. That’s why we need to be discussing this now.

Now if at all you find that I was supporting secularism somewhere then do let me know.
Suman (Thursday, October 06, 2011)
Old Thursday, October 06, 2011
40th CTP (MLCG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima47 View Post
Got ya already. I was talking about the general criterion for judging Islam.

Its never a debate for me. Its a simple discussion where our views have to be backed by logic. I and Shahzaib, though advocates of same concept, have difference of opinion when it comes to achieving the goal and there is nothing bad in it. Plus, I can bet on it that I was never tilted towards secular or democracy. I have explained how these things are linked with Islam to a certain extent thats all.

The state of Medina was ideal first because for most of what Prophet (P.B.U.H) did, he had the divine guidance. It was an ideal state because it had been established by people who were trained by Allah's Messenger (P.B.U.H). It was an ideal state because Allah, after this state had been established, had laid down how the relationship of a person to person and that of a person to a state had to be governed. It was an ideal state in terms of tolerance and respect for other communities. I, being a student of History, can go on and on but the ones I mentioned above are the key features.

Tell you what, I dont have a problem with that. But lets assume that you have reformed yourself in next 5 years, what are you gonna do then? You'll go on reforming other people, fine. There are more than a billion Muslims in world, how are you and other scholars going to reform everyone? Who is here to say that Allah's hudud is different for different sects? Which sect says that usury is not haram? Sister, we are technically at war with Allah and His Prophet (P.B.U.H) as has been rightly mentioned in Quran and Sunnah. Since we are living in a highly polarized world, we need to realize that we have to look at broader concepts. We need to realize that if we keep banging our heads with beliefs, we are not gonna end up anywhere(I hope no one is gonna twist my words here). I know this is how the first state of Medina was established but tell you what, we have not inherited time of Prophet (P.B.U.H). I personally believe that no unnatural and repressive system has any place in Islam. The moment we try to make a union focussing on broader concepts (like defence, same currency, common foreign polict etc), we'll see the change coming through.

This is one lengthy post that I made. The only reason I am posting it again for you is to show how things are like when it comes to contemporary world.

Now if at all you find that I was supporting secularism somewhere then do let me know.
Ok if i agree that you never tilted towards secularism not even democracy then i will have to say your own views about what should be an ideal islamic state and Islamic shariah mixed up because in your view the ideal state of Holy Prophet(PBUH) times is not possible in contemporary times but with some changes.

If state of Madina was ideal because it was established by people who were trained by messenger of Allah then don't we have such guidance in the form of Holy Quran and Sunnah?this guidance is for all ages to come not for that period alone.Can't the terms like tolerance and respect for other communities adopted in contemporary world?

we think as contemporary times are changed so we cannot implement Islamic shariah as it was during Holy prophet's time and it is impossible to reform and unite a billion plus Muslims of the world.the fact is that we are hiding behind excuses.when we are reluctant to take the very first step how we will be able to accomplish much bigger task.Do you think the challenge faced by Holy Prophet was easier than ours? but he accomplished it with the help of Allah so can we.

I agree with Pureapak that A muslim should be a role model as he has to preach the will of Allah SWT by presenting his qualities and attracting the people.this is also what islam says or Holy prophet (PBUH) did practically.so first we need to come to ourselves then on much bigger level like state or Ummah level. i agree with your view about modern advanced state but would it be without any problem?Yes Islam is a flexible religion but also strict at the same time.What if the laws made by people on local level according to their customs come into conflict with Islamic shariah?

You are right that we have objective resolution and constitution which if followed in letter and spirit will resolve 99% problems.here lies the real problem that we lack practicality and same is the case with Islamic state.we are in habbit of pointing out problems but we don't even try to solve those problems by uniting.when times come to take action we just shy away or make excuses.