Friday, April 26, 2024
10:19 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, October 22, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

@ qurat

Well u can start from very little ones. Look if everybody try to be positive and do positive things by him/herself, no doubt one day all people would b doing positive things. But it sounds utopian.

Regards
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

@ hirass

Yeah u r right. I believe that if we r doing somethng really good, we need to do it by heart. Otherwise it is not that bad to be bad blatantly. One should be her/himself at least.

Regards

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Post Firm belief is the point to start...

I think that the War On Terror of the "sulphur smelling devil"[1] is the single greatest factor which has piled up millions of problems for Muslims around the world. We must throw away the label of terrorism off our name. Just blaming Jews or Israel, like 99.99% of the Muslims do, is not right; we need firm proof & Americans themselves have provided it through research.
I will start a thread for this purpose to transmit as much knowledge, in this regard, as I can. There is firm proof available to show that a 2,000,000 tonnes steel made twin tower doesn't evaporate in 10 seconds from a fire initiated by kerosene oil.

Actually, this is not enough... Today, many Muslims have doubts about Islam. They doubt how Islam spread and its teachings. We need to have a firm faith to start.

And of course, to start, we all need motivation, strong intentions, confidence and courage. If we want to become good, religious & ethical, we must start from ourselves. We must fight against our own Nafs and become 'good', in the sense, that we do good deeds when no one is watching.
After this, we have to resist the social pressures of the un-Islamic society, which will no stone unturned, to disrupt our intentions.
Above all, we must also overcome the pressure exerted by our own family members, relatives, etc. who may put hurdles in the path.

But, a man of action only will not succeed if he doesn't plan good. So, we also need to sit down right now and decide:-

(i) What problems are we really facing?
(ii) What are the roots of these problems?
(iii) How can we eliminate these problems by treating the roots?

Once we draw a detailed map for every problem, we may start working from anywhere.

Two and two make four. Thousands of sticks can do nothing if they are scattered. The sticks need to be bound together firmly. I am reminded here of an experiment which we performed in class 7th.
We had a mixture of iron fillings and sand. We had to separate them. The method to separate them was to take a magnet and bring it near the mixture. The iron fillings get stuck to the magnet themselves and sand remains behind.

So how does that interest us? Well, replace the iron fillings with people who are worried for the ummah and want to work, to reform it. Replace the sand with those who will resist the mission or don't want to work. We need a magnet which will bind all volunteers together to save the drowning ship.

If all of us start working with even a single problem, we will able to reform a good part of the society. Something is better than nothing!
I must also say that if you know something which is significant for the ummah, don't hesitate to spread it further. You tell a few people; they will tell a few others. In this way, significant facts & knowledge will spread exponentially.
The knowledge must also be transfused, in preserved form, to the next generation--this is a point which is being neglected by almost all of us. We don't pay attention to our children (I don't have any) and let them at the mercy of the media & other people. Thus the coming generation starts deviating from the right path.

This is what I could say for the time being... I'll be waiting for other people's thoughts.

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[1]: Mr. Hugo Chavez Frias, respected Venezuelan president, to the U.N. General Assembly, 20th September, 2006 :-

"Representatives of the governments of the world, good morning to all of you. First of all, I would like to invite you, very respectfully, to those who have not read this book, to read it. Noam Chomsky, one of the most prestigious American and world intellectuals, Noam Chomsky, and this is one of his most recent books, 'Hegemony or Survival: The Imperialist Strategy of the United States.'" Holds up book, waves it in front of General Assembly.

It's an excellent book to help us understand what has been happening in the world throughout the 20th century, and what's happening now, and the greatest threat looming over our planet. The hegemonic pretensions of the American empire are placing at risk the very survival of the human species. We continue to warn you about this danger and we appeal to the people of the United States and the world to halt this threat, which is like a sword hanging over our heads. I had considered reading from this book, but, for the sake of time," flips through the pages, which are numerous "I will just leave it as a recommendation.

It reads easily, it is a very good book, I'm sure Madame President you are familiar with it. It appears in English, in Russian, in Arabic, in German. I think that the first people who should read this book are our brothers and sisters in the United States, because their threat is right in their own house. The devil is right at home. The devil, the devil himself, is right in the house.

And the devil came here yesterday. Yesterday the devil came here. Right here." crosses himself

"And it smells of sulfur still today.

Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world. Truly. As the owner of the world.

I think we could call a psychiatrist to analyze yesterday's statement made by the president of the United States. As the spokesman of imperialism, he came to share his nostrums, to try to preserve the current pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the peoples of the world.

An Alfred Hitchcock movie could use it as a scenario. I would even propose a title: "The Devil's Recipe."

[Read Full]
Old Monday, October 23, 2006

saim is on a distinguished road

is it compulsory in islam that a woman sud cover her face Dr zakir naik on Q.tv ws saying that a woman sud wear an outer cloth to hide her body except her hands n face
rply

@saim

Thee are different point of views about covering the face or not but i believe that women just need to cover the whole body except her face, feet and hands. May be i am wrong but that is what i was able to conclude out.

Regards

fouzia is on a distinguished road
Default salam

Well, it,s good for us that The concept of God and religious beliefs or ideas are not such things which can be eliminated through some operation of brian.......so let these fools study neuroscience for these purposes .............
An intersting fact is that they wants to eliminate the concept of god from even the minds of their nation too...
A very important thing to point out,no one should use veil or scarf or burqa for any bad deeds as someone has pointed out......
It destroys the image of those who wear it for the sake of their values and with good intention.They have to listen comments.....as a result of faults of few,sometimes, the others are also considered as corrupt.such comments are common as ''she,s wearing burqa or is in hijab because in this way it,s easy to steal any thing and hide it'' .or''jitna parda undar se utni hi corrupt ho gee''...whether she,s very pious and good.......

It,s not good to take assistance of religion for bad deeds.Our intentions matters most.............

Post Covering face...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouzia
A very important thing to point out,no one should use veil or scarf or burqa for any bad deeds as someone has pointed out......
It destroys the image of those who wear it for the sake of their values and with good intention.
A very good point... it is shameful that in our society, people associate bad deeds with veil, beard, etc. It must be denounced.

On the issue of parda, I will put a detailed discourse soon. (Insha Allah!)

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

fatima3k is on a distinguished road

assalam-alaikum

i want to share a link to asite. it is about the people who are converting to islam in the west

http://www.welcome-back.org/

Regards.

Post To hirass...

@hirass

Forgot to read your post on previous page.
There are more cases of girls not wearing hijab and doing bad things. Those who are bad, they do bad whether they are wearing scarf, hijab, etc. or not. Its ridiculous to associate Hijab with bad girls.

What about those girls who don't wear scarf? Go and ask such girls a few questions. What problems do they have in wearing scarf or hijab? Why do they dress up hours before going out? For whom are they dressing, using all sorts of cosmetics???

Difficult to answer ... ???
No one can peep into anyone's heart. It is human nature to appear good. No one can rule out anything about someone's intention of appearing beautiful.

So, it is a stupidity to look down upon those who are merely wearing Hijab. Those who have bad intentions will do bad, no matter they are wearing scarf or not.

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

fatima3k is on a distinguished road

aoa

"A fifth of humankind follows Islam, the fastest growing and perhaps the most misunderstood religion on earth."

"Some 1.3 billion human beings-one person in five-heed Islam’s call in the modern world, embracing the religion at a rate that makes it the fastest growing on Earth, with 80 percent of believers now outside the Arab world. For these people Islam is an intimate personal connection to the same God worshiped by Jews and Christians, a source of strength and hope in a troubled world.

"The term itself, Islam, is an Arabic word meaning “submission to God,” with its etymological roots firmly planted in salam, or peace. That may come as a surprise to many non-Muslims, whose perceptions of the faith have been skewed by terrorists, many from the Middle East, whose unspeakable acts in the name of Islam have been condemned by leaders everywhere."
The above verse with Arabic text and the excerpt are taken from the January 2002 issue of the National Geographic Magazine which published an article called World of Islam by Don Belt, a Senior Editor of NGS. The article is very objectively written which should alleviate misconeptions in the minds of some people.