Monday, April 29, 2024
02:42 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, July 05, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Bhai Jan's!

take it an optimistic sign, at least this apology has blight their haughtiness and pride. the country whom all the time they blame for importing terrorism and even a terrorist state, it abate to some extent this perception paradoxically.

so the corrupt, lull, loll and weak government did what no dictator or army General could could dare to do.

PS: i am strong critic of pakistani politics, i have no allegiance to any party,but sometimes even you have to praise the enemy for their upright actions.
Invincible (Thursday, July 05, 2012)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

No need to make such a hue & cry for If you're going To live by the river, Make friends with the Crocodile.

Regards,

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

give it a break my jingoistic brothers and sisters !

our society is in a state of transformation, i can visualize the new era of beginning from this lame so-called democratic government. some extraordinary pleasant things happened in the past few years.

1. Army Generals has been tamed to some extant
2. Intelligence agencies has been made accountable
3. former untouchables are now being arrested,prosecuted and imprisoned.
4. for the first time parliament is giving directions and formulating foreign policy
5. for the first time supreme court is playing efficient part.
6. for the first time US apologized to a country which previously it labelled as a terrorist state.

and i know the people well those who want to wag war and conquer US and the rest of the world. let me tell you a short incident of my life.

when US attacked afghanistan, almost 80% people in our residential area migrated to their villages fearing retribution. LOL they were aware of the fact that our area is heartland of province of pakistan and their is no way that US will take action against us. i was a kid, and still remember how hastly the trucks were loaded to fly from their houses :P
so trust me guys, those ostensibly jingoistic mob would disappear in no time when it comes to reality

courage , bravery, and ghariat is something inside, and yes "barking dogs seldom bite"

Shakeel Lashari is on a distinguished road

This was supposed to opened, After all USA pays handsome amount to his tattoos to safeguard his interest in PAKISTAN. Today we should be ashamed of ourselves that we are not even worth for a verbal apology from USA for our SHAHEED.

Let’s see how Sonami Khan will going to stop it or else some sort of justification will be provided by him also since SONAMI has to rule PAKISTAN and without USA consent it is not possible to come into the power .

Last edited by Shooting Star; Thursday, July 05, 2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Avoid using Caps.

shahzad but is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umer View Post
It is just like someone entered your home and killed some member of your family.
Now tell me, whether you will let him go alive and ask him to apologize?
I don't think so.
What our leadership did? Just blocked NATO's supply chain and keep begging for apologize. I think this clearly shows where as a nation we stand and where our leadership stands.
you are right brother
what can we do instead of this because we are alive on their funds
Old Friday, July 06, 2012
EiNstEiN

Umer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzad but View Post
you are right brother
what can we do instead of this because we are alive on their funds
Let us analyze this statement before reaching any final decision on this.

It is not us, the nation who is alive by the funds of NATO or USA.
It is the politicians who get these funds and they put them in their pockets or foreign bank accounts.

We the nation work hard day and night to earn our food, clothes, shelter and other necessities of life.
The food we eat is produced in the fields of Pakistan. Our farmers sow, plow and water the crops. When it is ready, they bring it to the market. They pay money to the government for the water they use. They pay for the seeds they use. The land they use for this purpose wasn't given to them by USA or NATO. Through various sources it passes and different people earn their money before food reaches to us and we buy it. The cattle are born and bred in Pakistan. Cloth are prepared in textile mills of Pakistan. If something is imported, taxes are paid by the importer. US and NATO do not pay for this. The houses in which we live are not given to us by NATO and USA. We pay for the rent ourselves. If we own a home, we buy it. It is not gifted by NATO and USA. Education that I got, I paid for it myself and my parents. Universities and colleges are not made by USA and NATO. All big, famous and prestigious academic institutions of Pakistan are quite old and built by National money and in old times. Peshawar University, Punjab University, Islamia College and many others have been built decades ago. There might be some colleges and Universities who are funded by USA but how many are there? How many people benefit from them? I guess not more than 0.5% people of Pakistan. So how one can claim we run on USA and NATO funds?

Energy used by Pakistan, waters of Pakistan are used to make electricity. The dams and barrages were not built by USA or NATO. We are facing energy crisis in Pakistan for the past 5-10 years. NATO and USA did not present us with an alternative solution.

The oil that comes into Pakistan. We the nation pay for it. It is not gifted by USA or NATO. I couldn't find NATO or USA's positive role in running our country. The money comes in and goes straight out to the pockets of the politicians which they keep in foreign bank accounts or invest in businesses in foreign. Our economy doesn't receive even 5% of the NATO or USA's aid.

I guess I'm happy to make a statement that we are surviving on our own and not due to NATO or USA.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Umer For This Useful Post:
Astute Accountant (Friday, July 06, 2012), Last Island (Friday, July 06, 2012), prestigious (Saturday, July 07, 2012), Red Flower (Saturday, July 07, 2012), tyre (Friday, July 06, 2012)

alihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura about

yes you are right and you are dear. but here i think you have to clear your ideas. these are just imaginary things. food shelter and clothes are basic necessities of human. but man desire many other things. it is not possible for any one individual to produce all things that he consume. the producers and consumers are different individuals. as Australian wheat growers feed japanese consumers. and japanese manufacture find a market in pakistan. dear it is quite pertinent to cultivate good relations with others. and here i am showing some information about us aid i think it will be helpful for you to understand this matter

US aid to Pakistan, 1948-2010
Some highlights:

• US economic assistance to Pakistan peaked in 1962, at over $2.3bn

• in 2010, military assistance to Pakistan totalled $2.5bn - including $1.2bn in coalition support funds

• US assistance to Pakistan reached its lowest level in the 1990s, after President George H.W. Bush suspended aid flows over Pakistan's emerging nuclear programme

• US military assistance dropped dramatically during and immediately after the Indo-Pakistani wars of 1965 and 1971

• in the 1970s, President Carter suspended all aid to Pakistan (except food aid) in response to Pakistan's decision to construct a uranium enrichment facility

• although US assistance (both economic and military) to Pakistan has fluctuated considerably over the last 60 years, it has risen steadily since 2001

Pakistan has historically been among the top recipients of US aid - since 1948, the US has sent more than £30bn in direct aid to the country. Nearly half of this has been for military assistance. However, since Osama bin Laden was discovered and killed in Abbottabad earlier this year, US president Barack Obama has come under increasing pressure to justify US aid spending in the country.

Although military assistance is currently the only form of US aid to Pakistan to be withheld, Congress has considered other - as yet unsuccessful - bills to also block US economic assistance, and civilian aid to Pakistan will no doubt be up for debate again next year, as the 2012 budget battles get underway.

What can you do with the data?

Data summary

Summary of US aid to Pakistan 1948-2010
Click heading to sort table. Download this data
Year
Economic Assistance, Total
Economic Assistance (through USAID)
Military Assistance, Total
Coalition Support Funds
Note: All figures are in US$ (millions). Figures are adjusted for inflation and presented in 2009 constant dollars
Source: Wren Elhai, Center for Global Development, 2011
.................. got it ?
EiNstEiN

Umer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihashmatkhoso View Post
yes you are right and you are dear. but here i think you have to clear your ideas. these are just imaginary things. food shelter and clothes are basic necessities of human. but man desire many other things. it is not possible for any one individual to produce all things that he consume. the producers and consumers are different individuals. as Australian wheat growers feed japanese consumers. and japanese manufacture find a market in pakistan. dear it is quite pertinent to cultivate good relations with others. and here i am showing some information about us aid i think it will be helpful for you to understand this matter

US aid to Pakistan, 1948-2010
Some highlights:

• US economic assistance to Pakistan peaked in 1962, at over $2.3bn

• in 2010, military assistance to Pakistan totalled $2.5bn - including $1.2bn in coalition support funds

• US assistance to Pakistan reached its lowest level in the 1990s, after President George H.W. Bush suspended aid flows over Pakistan's emerging nuclear programme

• US military assistance dropped dramatically during and immediately after the Indo-Pakistani wars of 1965 and 1971

• in the 1970s, President Carter suspended all aid to Pakistan (except food aid) in response to Pakistan's decision to construct a uranium enrichment facility

• although US assistance (both economic and military) to Pakistan has fluctuated considerably over the last 60 years, it has risen steadily since 2001

Pakistan has historically been among the top recipients of US aid - since 1948, the US has sent more than £30bn in direct aid to the country. Nearly half of this has been for military assistance. However, since Osama bin Laden was discovered and killed in Abbottabad earlier this year, US president Barack Obama has come under increasing pressure to justify US aid spending in the country.

Although military assistance is currently the only form of US aid to Pakistan to be withheld, Congress has considered other - as yet unsuccessful - bills to also block US economic assistance, and civilian aid to Pakistan will no doubt be up for debate again next year, as the 2012 budget battles get underway.

What can you do with the data?

Data summary

Summary of US aid to Pakistan 1948-2010
Click heading to sort table. Download this data
Year
Economic Assistance, Total
Economic Assistance (through USAID)
Military Assistance, Total
Coalition Support Funds
Note: All figures are in US$ (millions). Figures are adjusted for inflation and presented in 2009 constant dollars
Source: Wren Elhai, Center for Global Development, 2011
.................. got it ?

Can you explain each point that is written in the theoretical material above and tell me practical benefits which a normal Pakistani citizen received?
Can above data prove that the food I eat comes from Japan, USA or NATO?
Can above data prove that the house in which I live has something to do with US aid or NATO?
Can above data prove that the clothes I wear have anything to do with USA or NATO aid?
Can above data prove that Education that I got had some amount received from NATO or USA?
Can above data prove that the money sent by USA or NATO aids contributed to our Economy? I guess rather it was passed on to the personal foreign bank accounts of our politicians and they have invested them in their businesses and properties inside and outside of Pakistan.

Astute Accountant has a spectacular aura aboutAstute Accountant has a spectacular aura about

I'm really amazed to see how members are advocating the Government's stance to reopen NATO supply routes.

They are saying,
We need Dollars - Is the common man going to have some dollars...??? Nay, these dollars would be transferred to the accounts of the ruling elite.
We need Energy - Is the Govt. going to invest these dollars in energy plans? Never!
We need Aid - The masses have really got driven by the US -Aid advertisements, alas!
We are alive on their funds - Do we believe far more in them than we believe in our Lord?
This would revive the reputation of Pakistan as not being an obstacle in peace making process - A beggar has no reputation but that of a beggar!
Apology - There is a big difference in apologizing and talking about apology. It's not apology by the US officials that has led our Govt. to reopen this route rather it's the lump sum amount plus one thousand dollar per container that the Govt. will be receiving in exchange for reopening the route.
Islam tells us to forgive - Why do we forget this teaching when faced to a weak opponent?
We should use our senses rather than our emotions -
کرتے ہيں غلاموں کو غلامي پہ رضامند
تاويل مسائل کو بناتے ہيں بہانہ

We are surrendering our freedom in return to a short-term benefit (benefit from the Govt. perspective) but the ultimate price will be paid by the whole nation. May Allaah have mercy on Pakistan, Ameen.
Red Flower (Saturday, July 07, 2012), Umer (Friday, July 06, 2012)

alihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umer View Post
Can you explain each point that is written in the theoretical material above and tell me practical benefits which a normal Pakistani citizen received?
Can above data prove that the food I eat comes from Japan, USA or NATO?
Can above data prove that the house in which I live has something to do with US aid or NATO?
Can above data prove that the clothes I wear have anything to do with USA or NATO aid?
Can above data prove that Education that I got had some amount received from NATO or USA?
Can above data prove that the money sent by USA or NATO aids contributed to our Economy? I guess rather it was passed on to the personal foreign bank accounts of our politicians and they have invested them in their businesses and properties inside and outside of Pakistan.
dear i think my above post included all your answer which you asked from me. and one thing. today we have proud on our defense. from where you got military assets? and do you have any idea about the food crisis occurred in 1954? and it is not problem of us that our leaders are corrupts? it is our problem. dictatorship and sudden changes in govt are causes for this current condition. and last thing your feelings are appreciable, same here, but in this position it is a great decision.