Sunday, April 28, 2024
05:40 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: Is Pakistan in need of President General Pervez Musharraf?
Tes 39 31.45%
No 80 64.52%
Don't Know 5 4.03%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, November 22, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by af1
Is Pakistan in need of General Musharaf?

Yes. He has always been putting the country first in every action that he has taken,the emergency was needed as the law and order situation was getting worse day by day, the judiciary's interference in all executive functions was so visible, thus undermining the police and the security serivces's performance..Atleast the president is trying his best to take the country towards the path of democracy and progress.
In the reply to your statement I would suggest you an article plz go through it,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/miscellane...sahib_as.shtml

I hope its reading would give you real idea of him.

Other part of your say is being replied under my replies to questions of Honey Shah.
Old Thursday, November 22, 2007

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

@Miss Naqvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Naqvi
I have only one question that y I m being the subject for this message....?

Have I ever talked about grammaticaL mistakes in discussion thread....?
Have I said that I m a journalist....?
And plz tell me when I said that you are not talking on the basis of facts....?
or you are adding something irrelevant.....?
sorry, sorry , sorry, sorry, i wrote above lines only for Huma Batool not for u, again very ,,,, sorry .

Quote:
My dear brother I havent forgotten the darkest day when we lost East Pakistan but you are forgeting that it was after the regime of Yayha Khan and after general elections when West Pakistan tried to maintain their supermacy on East Pakistan and didnot let them to hold the chair.
there were some politicains due to which govt. was given to Yahya khan..... u cann't blame this to mr Ayob Khan....... u know very well and it is fact that his(Ayob Khan) period was the finest period of the history,,,,,, are u agree with me

Quote:
Musharaf dies naturally (May God forbidden) az there is no guarantee of life.....?
Do you mean that Pakistan will be a failed state same day caz he is the only competent to hold power and after him there is no such name who can prove savior of the state....?
No, u cant get my words,,,,, i said if Musharaf resigned or leave govt. with pressure (as Ayoub Khan) than there may be very harsh result but if all process complete (means transfer of powers) smoothly than all things remain right and perfect,,,,,,,,,,,, i think u understand now what i want to say,,,,, r u agree with me on this point?

Quote:
Let me clear some of the points.
Above all that was the time when Musharaf came with the idea of democracy that is flourshing and shiny dream of every Pakistani. He brought real reforms to media and other institutes of the state.
R u want to say that there was no democracy in 1999????????????? at that time elected Prime Minister was working......... If that time (1999) there was no democracy than when was democracy in Pakistan.

Quote:
Its what I m maintaining from last few posts that he was in good books even I was real supporter of him but after 9th March things started changing and now its the time when rarely one can trust him further.
This is the point were ur and mine ways seperated,,,,,,,,,,,, i want to say that what he do wrong,,,,,,, no no no,,,,,,,,,, not any action done by him is a worse than previous Govt.,,,,,,,,, but the things (developments) that giving him edge on others are more worthy than these smaller issues or some single person (CJ) problem,,,,,,,, we must think about 16 carore not for a single person, whose own position is not clear or based on honest footing (i m talking about CJ),,,,,,,,

Just want to understand,,,,,, we should not change our policies for some specific person, but we should change our policies for whole nation......

Waiting for u reply.....
Old Saturday, November 24, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2007Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,082 Times in 760 Posts
Sureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to all

Hello worthy members

Note : This place is exlusively reserved for Discussion. Un-official estimates, Criticism and Irrelevent posts will be deleted under this thread.

Members are requested to avoid posting offensive / aggressive arguments. Else, Their case will come under moderation.

Your co-operation will be appreciated

Thank u very much
Old Sunday, November 25, 2007
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 278

Light is on a distinguished road

I havent read all the posts......... but only want to add my point of regarding the topic.

I think only thing we need in our country is a true democracy . In todays world every society strives to become democratic society which reflects wishes and desires of its nation in its policies. Country's strength lies in strong and well organised institutions which in turn depend on good governance.

Current events show that we are having worst of governance and completely disorganised institutions. Judiciary which is guardian of constitution which is soul of any democratic society has been brutally murdered. Who is responsible for all this offcourse head of state which in our case is a dictator. And this is not a small crime which should be forgiven.
We dont need Musharaff in president house but behind the bars YES.
He is a criminal and we dont need a criminal as a president

A nation gets a ruler who is its reflection.........do we want to present this reflection of our nation to international society.

God help us
The Following User Says Thank You to Light For This Useful Post:
Saleeqa Batool (Monday, November 26, 2007)
Old Monday, November 26, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2007Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,082 Times in 760 Posts
Sureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to all

kia paya humne duniya me aa kar
lipte hue hain ghunnahoun me hum,
kya huwa kyon hum bhul gaye Insaniyat ko
Pehann liya he fareboun ka chola, sisak rahi hai zindagi

Kyon tarpaa-te ho Farhan ROOH ko apni
Woh bhechari machal rahi hai,
Kuchh socho kuchh yaad karo bhul gaye ho jo FArz yaaron
Kuch to sudhaaro khudko yaaron, sisak rahi hai zindagi

Dusron k bharose kab tak rahoge Farhan
Khud ko bhi to tayaar karo,
Aankhon se apne nafrat ko nikalon,khud apni mishaal bano
baanton khusi ko apne, gham ki parwaah na kar, sisak rahi hai zindagi

Tumhaari zarurat hai is duniya ko
Ro rahi hai bahut si aankhen,
Haanth barhaaon gaalon tak unke
Kuch unke yaar madadgaar bano, sisak rahi hai zindagi

Ek fariyaad hai is naacheez ki tumse
Nefrat choro aur pyaar karo,
Ro ro kar behaal hue jo kuch unki parwah karo
Kuchh nange hain talaash me tumhaare
kuch bhuke hain ghom rahe he , sisak rahi hai zindagi

Before analysing the truth, I was in blind support of President but It has been proved an illusion. The development doesn`t mean to kill the common rights for the sake of better relation with foreign countries. Mega projects were announced without consideration in the alleviation hunger of people. Where the rate of poverty decrease but the intensity of poverty has been increased rapidly. When we can`t meet the hunger of common masses ; how the question of economic development could arise. It was merely a bubble created to show apocryphal status of economic growth. Our economy is dependant on speculative market which itself have no relevancy. Thus, How we can suppose to see our country out of stormy sea.

Where the Inflation rate strucks above than 9 % so how we can pacify the nation. The distribution of wealth is moving through bulls to bulls. While, Poor masses can`t enjoy necessities of life. Is it really economic progress. I wish to see "Z.A Bhutto" alive. It was the golden age of our motherland. Though he abominated to admire International committee orders but strived hard to meet the human rights of pakistani masses.

We can`t be adherent of unadjustable conflicts where the history is being written by the blood of nation. Even can`t hung up the acute pain those acquire all treasures of life. Consequently, Go and ask the worse hitted victims of this tyrany.

Higgledy-piggledy collection of thoughts can`t change our robust intentions. Who never knows the power of unity among common masses may abandon but

" Hum parwarish-e-loh -e- kalam karte rahein ge
Jo Hum pe guzarti hai rakam karte rahein ge"

We (students) are the future of Pakistan as stated by "Quaid-e-Azam". Offcause, we can change the way of thinking. We can convey our messages and tear the illusive curtain. I really mean it not mainly qouted :
"Everything possible to a willing heart"

Your vote is not merely a vote. It`s definately a decision making. So make it very carefully after pay painstaking heeds. It has the absolute process to come at apposite decision.

1. Analyse the problems occured in nation
2. Make the alternative choices (Various Politicians)
3. Evaluation of alternatives (Merits and Demerits)
4. Come to the possible expectations
5. Take the decision

So go through this procedure and decide who`s best for our bright future. Without envolvement of biasing, political believe, language, family, nation ........ so on. Your decision should be for Khushal Pakistan not for your province separately.

Allah Nagheban,
Old Monday, November 26, 2007

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job

[QUOTE=Light]I havent read all the posts......... but only want to add my point of regarding the topic.
Quote:
I think only thing we need in our country is a true democracy . In todays world every society strives to become democratic society which reflects wishes and desires of its nation in its policies. Country's strength lies in strong and well organised institutions which in turn depend on good governance.
of course i m agree with u on above point.
Quote:
Current events show that we are having worst of governance and completely disorganised institutions. Judiciary which is guardian of constitution which is soul of any democratic society has been brutally murdered. Who is responsible for all this offcourse head of state which in our case is a dictator. And this is not a small crime which should be forgiven.
We dont need Musharaff in president house but behind the bars YES.
He is a criminal and we dont need a criminal as a president
Afsoos! where are we during previous 10 years? All of us saying Musharraf is a very very good person he is doing very gooed. But now when we fed up, we start to saying "Musharraf ke humain zarorat nahi", we should change our thinking if we want to become a powerful and develped state..... but with sorrow,,,,, history witnessed that we cannot treated well with or leaders,,,,,,, in the begining we welcome them with open arms (as in 1999) but later we leave them lonely,,,,,,,, thats why our country remain behind the devlopment line........... I m very depressed after i read above lines,,,,, i really shock to read this line,,, that our educated persons have this type of thinkings,,,,,,, oh,,,,, i m really depressed.......... anyhow everyone has right to say his or her opinion..........
But rememeber be positive...........
Old Tuesday, November 27, 2007
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 278

Light is on a distinguished road

Well its true that many people welcomed Musharaff with open arms but there were also those who thought of all this as an other military coup as another attempt on our governing law............

Yes honey shah u r write its our mistake that we accept all this...........i wish all educated pakistanis might know importance of constitution and democracy and never welcome these so called leaders who come through unconstitutional means because in the end its us who suffer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Light For This Useful Post:
Saleeqa Batool (Tuesday, November 27, 2007)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

@Light
i totaly agree with you that Young Generation must realise that Even worst Democracy is better than best autocracy.The Pakistan army has ruled this country but now we must resist against the Political ambitions of Generals.

@sureshlasi

Quote:
Before analysing the truth, I was in blind support of President but It has been proved an illusion.

Kindly tell me the forces which force u to "blind Support" of Musharraf,,,,,,,,, its mean u want to say that in 1999 there was worse situation than present one...........

Quote:
The development doesn`t mean to kill the common rights for the sake of better relation with foreign countries. Mega projects were announced without consideration in the alleviation hunger of people. Where the rate of poverty decrease but the intensity of poverty has been increased rapidly. When we can`t meet the hunger of common masses ; how the question of economic development could arise. It was merely a bubble created to show apocryphal status of economic growth. Our economy is dependant on speculative market which itself have no relevancy. Thus, How we can suppose to see our country out of stormy sea
Where the Inflation rate strucks above than 9 % so how we can pacify the nation. The distribution of wealth is moving through bulls to bulls. While, Poor masses can`t enjoy necessities of life. Is it really economic progress.
There is not a single person available in the world who set all the things at a time,,,, i think u know very well that developing countries (especially rapid developing countries) face the problems of high unemployement, high inflation rate. But all this remain for short time,,,,,, i again recall the Industrial Revolution in Great Britian (1760-1830) in this period in the begining poverty and inflation and unemployment increase but later all things set up........... so i want to say we are the people who comment only through emotions,,,,, we are not able to analyse the reality,,, we are the persons who fed up from a person after some time,,, and unfortunatley we welcome persons happily but we never support him or her till end,,,,,,, and as the result policies made by such person abolish by new comers,,,,, so tell me how our country enjoy the developed economy,,,,,,,,, we have no temprament to face the realities,,,,,,, thats why we are still behind many countries,,,,,,,,,,,, i dont know when we correct overselves,,,,,,,,,, i think all of u understand what i want to say.....
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
I wish to see "Z.A Bhutto" alive. It was the golden age of our motherland. Though he abominated to admire International committee orders but strived hard to meet the human rights of pakistani masses..
No doubt Z.A Bhutto was a matchless person. We should apriciate his work for Pakistan. But as a common man we should not forget the era of Ayoub Khan. and one other thing,,,,,,, we are so selfish, we never give respect to a person when he deserve for it, when Z.A.Bhutto was in jail, tell me, how many people come out from there homes to protest? how many people tried to forbade mr Zia who want to hang him? not so much,,,, why?, where are the true patriot of our country? Where are the true democratic lover of our country? and now we are saying "we wish to see Z.A.Bhutto alive",,,. And i m afraid that if transfer of power process completed through pressure than we might say in future that "we want to se Musharraf as President"..... So my dears we must apriciate a person when he deserve and support him and co-operate him or her that transfer of power process will complete through peace process.

Quote:
We (students) are the future of Pakistan as stated by "Quaid-e-Azam". Offcause, we can change the way of thinking. We can convey our messages and tear the illusive curtain. I really mean it not mainly qouted :
"Everything possible to a willing heart"
i agreed that we are the future of Pakistan, but we should not forget the real path,, and Quaid-e-Azam logo " Unity, Faith and Discpline",,,, first of all we should follow these,,,,, and we are the student than we must be optimistic, and understand the realities and control our emotions........ And we should use our power of vote for right and deserving people,,,,,,,

Allah Nagheban,[/QUOTE]

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey shah
@Miss Naqvi
there were some politicains due to which govt. was given to Yahya khan..... u cann't blame this to Mr Ayob Khan....... u know very well and it is fact that his(Ayob Khan) period was the finest period of the history,,,,,, are u agree with me
I m not agreed that Ayub's period was finest in the history. Yes it is said but do you think that if you reached high goals during his period and who will be responsible for sudden decline of economy?

Let me tell you that y Economy grow in the time of dictatorship or army rule....
  • Foriegn Aid
  • US Support for dictators because they dont have roots in public
  • Dictators comes with no manifesto so their every act is justifiable that is favourable for World Rulers

That all bring money to the country and suddenly economy starts growing and when they leave the seat all that money is blocked thus economy falls.

Quote:
No, u cant get my words,,,,, i said if Musharaf resigned or leave govt. with pressure (as Ayoub Khan) than there may be very harsh result but if all process complete (means transfer of powers) smoothly than all things remain right and perfect,,,,,,,,,,,, i think u understand now what i want to say,,,,, r u agree with me on this point?
Do you think it will happen ever till he is alive....?

We should live in the world of reality and it would be a day dream if we think that Musharaf will ever leave his powers. He can leave the seat only under the pressure from general public.

Do you think seperation of East Pakistan was the result of that power play only.....?

No brother a long struggle for finding their basic rights finally ended in the shape of seperation. Just like present situation in balochistan and if Musharaf leaves seat due to the severe pressure and a new government take the charge of power and May God Forbidden Balochistan insurgency take severe form and Baloch ppl seperate themselves would it be caz of that newly appointed government.....?
Will you say democracy is not made for Pakistan....?
Will you claim Musharaf was the only right option for Pakistan....?

NO dear brother nothing happen suddenly... Events make grounds for such happenings and Musharaf has made ground for it. So whenever we will talk about him he would be counted responsible for this provincial autonomy issue.

Quote:
R u want to say that there was no democracy in 1999????????????? at that time elected Prime Minister was working......... If that time (1999) there was no democracy than when was democracy in Pakistan.
At that time there was democracy and politicaly selected government was in power. The way he presented the situation and that Kargill war has left country in doldrums so poor Pakistanis considered him the person who will do something for the country. It was the sweet dream of innocent people that proved nightmare.

Quote:
This is the point were ur and mine ways seperated,,,,,,,,,,,, i want to say that what he do wrong,,,,,,, no no no,,,,,,,,,, not any action done by him is a worse than previous Govt.,,,,,,,,, but the things (developments) that giving him edge on others are more worthy than these smaller issues or some single person (CJ) problem,,,,,,,, we must think about 16 carore not for a single person, whose own position is not clear or based on honest footing (i m talking about CJ)
Yes here we are seperated on our views;
For you the death of Judiciary is the death of one person but for me death of Judiciary is death of the solidarity of the nation and poisoning of democracy.
Its not only death of democracy rather its birth of lawlessness, everlasting armed rule and killing self-respect of civilians.

I think you havent gone through the recent news being announced by our prestigious SC Judges about Lawyers that they would cancel the Liscence of those lawyers who are not holding cases before the judges being oathed under PCO 2007.

Quote:
we should not change our policies for some specific person, but we should change our policies for whole nation......
Musharaf is sole person so as per your say we should never change our policies for single person.
T
his time you have to stand and refuse to accept change in policies for him.