Monday, May 13, 2024
03:41 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Subhan Ahmad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Let me make it clear first what it really means to have an economic or political system prescribed by your faith. It means the "ashraful maklukat" has chained itself. It means he has closed all the doors of reason upon itself. He is now nothing more than a slave. He will have to follow that "system" at the cost of his 'capacity for reason' and at the cost of his liberty. All of the above would have been fine some seven or eight centuries ago. When everything, that goes around in our world, was supernatural phenomena. When it rained not because the monsoon wind carried a load of moisture across a region but because some really 'pious' man has prayed for rain to happen. When Sun was not eclipsed by moon but by the wrath of Some 'Allah wala'.
Brother I have strong disagreements against the ideas you have provided. Economic system or political system prescribed by your faith is chaining yourself? You are telling me that the faith that has given us the status of "ashrafal makhluqat" is also our shackles. It is not that at all. Any faith especially when it comes to Islam provide us with timeless principles that include but not limited to a firm belief of accountability of every action after death, justice,equality and modesty at all levels (social, economical, governmental). Quran tells you this principles, they are actually fits perfectly with human nature (Islam call it aqal e saleema and fitrat e saleema) if not perverted. Take for example as halal food. Halal food just means fresh and healthy food, free of any illness and rotten ingredients. Still you will find so many people on internet debating not to eat halal food. Of course they are not muslims.
Quote:
You are nothing more that a slave
Yes we are all slaves of Allah. The sooner you realize it the better. Why do you think we do sajdah to Allah in every prayers (twice in one rakah) for Allah. What will it imply if I bow down to someone else ? Again this is not problematic since we know He is the king of kings.
Quote:
When everything, that goes around in our world, was supernatural phenomena. When it rained not because the monsoon wind carried a load of moisture across a region but because some really 'pious' man has prayed for rain to happen. When Sun was not eclipsed by moon but by the wrath of Some 'Allah wala'.
Water cycle is explained many times in Quran and eclipse is a reminder to fear Allah. Maybe the people you are talking about never read Quran or were parrot readers like our current generation.
The beauty of Science lies in the fact that nothing is permanent in it. Beauty as well as the greatest adversity. You see nothing is permanent so the principles based on science can not be reliable. There was an atheist rationalizing incest and homosexuality (good luck with that). Science does have its benefits but it is not suitable to develop morality since does not provide firm ground and is ever changing. So a muslim use science to build on Quran not to try to invalidate it.
Quote:
We will have to follow the God's "command" at the cost of any improvements that can be made. Will the modern mind be contend with that blind following?
I will suggest to really really try to know who Allah is and get to know His wisdom.
Quote:
million of lives hang on those system. One wrong click, one wrong push and millions can die of hunger, hundreds of thousands can loose their jobs, thousands can loose their education.
Millions are already dying because of hunger (Africa?), millions already lost their jobs (financial and euro crisis). You still want to operate on current system even after this system is proving to be a disaster and is serving only the rich.
Quote:
If you think, on the basis of evidence, that 0% interest rate is better for an economy, then you should present your findings in form of a thesis. It will be viewed and reviewed by your peer economists without any bias or prejudice. No prejudice because a scientist is a truth-seeker who is trained to find the truth. If your proposals are true and worthy then rest assured that truth will prevail sooner or later.
My professor did tell about a very very detailed economic plan given by a pakistani to the government. I am sorry don't know his name but his plan did inspired countries like Malaysia. You should realize that you can not become filthy rich in islamic economy. So, when implemented the rich will have to give up a portion of their wealth to create equality and trust me they don't want that. You can have an idea by the number of tax evaders in Pakistan. BTW it is generally spreading in the west bond related interests are no good. Insha Allah the will end up with all forms are interests are no good. Research on how Harward students were given fully funded scholarships to manipulate results to the benefit of these institution. And since the rise of atheism (the most worse off group), I do find scientists to be somewhat biased.
Quote:
"I am sorry to disappoint you brother but there exists no such thing as an Islamic Economic System. And I am glad that Islam hadn't given us one because if it had, its details would have been determined 1400 years ago and today we would have to follow those details without benefiting from what humanity have learned in the years in between. Who would have enforced that system? No angels would have descended from heavens to enforce it. It would have been us humans, who wouldn't have cared that poor has bread to eat or not as long as their own kids have cake to eat and as long as an "Islamic system" is in place. Man's dogma would have justified all the atrocities.
I think this is currently happening in the present economic, social and political system that the poor is without bread and butter. The wealth gap between rich and poor is ever increasing and is at all time high. Learn what happens at wall street, banks and stock markets and what happened at Enron. Your eyes will explode. Trust me brother these are the TRUE TERRORIST of the world. Anyways, current system has failed or failing that is why Islamic finance is ever growing (though not truly Islamic). And Islam actually deals with giving bread to the poor.
Yes, Quran was revealed 1400 years back but this is actually a blessing. Allah provided us with perfection, a knowledge not need any improvement but to build upon. It is not something to worry about, it is the thing to rejoice and feel proud of. We are an ummat which are given this ELAM E AZEEM. It is our core competency that makes us far ahead than any non muslim or non believer when applied and absorb properly. I agree Quran does make us a better human being. But it also help us build a better society and everything else. It helps us improve in all walks of life.
Quote:
"O you who believe! Eat not Riba (usury) doubled and multiplied, but fear Allah that you may be successful."
this ayah also fits perfectly to simple and compound interest rates (yeah Allah can know what we will do in future).

Quote:
I wouldn't ask anybody to charge interest from others but there really are some psychological and situational limitations
PSYCHOLOGICAL LIMITATIONS. Isn't this a slavery as well? being a slave of your own mind? in that case, Islam is actually freeing us from such slavery.

Quote:
Now we have financial institutions and a very efficient system of currency. Rates of interest aren't depended on individual needs. rather it is the score of factors that determine modern interest rate. And I doubt if it ever exceeds 20%.

So I am not the only one but many scholars have maintained that with advent of modern banking the negative aspects of interest have vanished so Quranic ayahs may not apply to the banks.
Really brother? there are also many many scholars who will tell you conventional banking is HARAM. Current financial and economic institutions are efficient is actually true myth. I also listed some of the major failures of the current system above. I was a finance student as well as a CFA aspirant. I can tell you that with 100% confidence. It is Haram and malpractice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subhan Ahmad For This Useful Post:
incounternable (Thursday, July 24, 2014), waqas izhar (Wednesday, July 23, 2014)
Old Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Even though it is pretty evident (and the discussion of this thread makes it all the more clear) that there is no such thing as "Islamic political system" and the "economic system" of Islam is hardly anything more than a rough sketch of basic guidelines, you will find people insisting on the contrary, shutting their eyes to all the clear evidence. More like a baby who keeps crying for imaginary friends. Pretty much explains the general state of today's Muslims.

The situation is nicely summed up by an excerpt:

"If there is one thing that has been conclusively demonstrated in this inquiry it is that provided you can persuade the masses to believe that something they are asked to do is religiously right or enjoined by religion, you can set them to any course of action, regardless of all considerations of discipline, loyalty, decency, morality or civic service." Justice Munir Inquiry Report, 1953.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Buddha (Thursday, July 24, 2014), incounternable (Thursday, July 24, 2014), mhmmdkashif (Thursday, July 24, 2014)
Old Thursday, July 24, 2014
The TechGeek
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,178 Times in 888 Posts
incounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up @Buddha, Aqib, Gypsified, Waqas and Subhan

Believe it or not your discussion has been very fruitful for other aspirants who won't have clear ideas about these concepts. But I would like to add something by asking a question to all of you...

If there isn't really any Economic,Political or Judicial System in Islam then why the hell FPSC is bent on asking these questions that make it clear that they(FPSC Paper setters) believe in these concepts.

Check any Islamiat paper in CSS you'll find these concepts being asked as well as acknowledged about and even the recent syllabus updated for CE-2015 and syllabus for recent posts advertised through General recruitment includes these topics. Let me paste the part of the Islamiat syllabus here

5. IslamicWay of Life
(a) Sources of Shariah : The Qu’ran, Sunnah, Ijma (Consensus),
Qiyas and Ijtihad (reasoning).
(b) Social system in Islam : Responsibilities and mutual relationship
of members of family, separate role of man and woman in an Islamic Social
set up, concept of Woman’s freedom in Islam, Responsibilities of man and
woman in character-building of new generation.
(c) Morality in Islam : Concept of morality, Relationship of morality
and Faith, Islamic principles and methods of character-building, Moral
values in Islam.
(d) Islamic Political System :—
(i) Legislative System
(ii) Judicial System

(e) Muslim ummah : Role and objectives of Muslim Ummah.

How do we satisfy the paper checker here by denying that there isn't anything like that in Islam or by telling him that Democracy and Islamic Political System are same except the idea of Sovereignty that belongs to Allah(SWT) in Islamic Political System and to People in Democracy ?

Regards,
Stay Blessed

Quote:
Even though it is pretty evident (and the discussion of this thread makes it all the more clear) that there is no such thing as "Islamic political system" and the "economic system" of Islam is hardly anything more than a rough sketch of basic guidelines, you will find people insisting on the contrary, shutting their eyes to all the clear evidence. More like a baby who keeps crying for imaginary friends. Pretty much explains the general state of today's Muslims.

The situation is nicely summed up by an excerpt:

"If there is one thing that has been conclusively demonstrated in this inquiry it is that provided you can persuade the masses to believe that something they are asked to do is religiously right or enjoined by religion, you can set them to any course of action, regardless of all considerations of discipline, loyalty, decency, morality or civic service." Justice Munir Inquiry Report, 1953.
I think this also implies to science. You can find people using science to forward their own agenda.
And since you are part of the discussion, you just can't announce conclusions publicly supporting yourself. Keep them private. The conclusion is up to the audience to read both the sides and make up their minds which side is more satisfying.
Caliphate is not a myth. Khilafat e Rashida, our golden time is there as a proof. What happened before has the potential to happen again. But we must know that the caliphates received direct teachings of Islam by Prophet Muhammad SAW. So to reach their level of wisdom, we have to travel a long road towards knowledge and character building. A political system based on Islamic principles and guidelines may lead us there.
You see there are 1.5 billion of us. Scattered like sheeps. All we need is one person proven to be of high faith, character, morals, and humanity that the ummat can follow and that represents all the muslims. We muslims believe Insha Allah this will become true at least in the form of Hazrat Imam Mehdi (if not by someone else before him). So caliphate is the future.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by incounternable View Post

5. IslamicWay of Life
(a) Sources of Shariah : The Qu’ran, Sunnah, Ijma (Consensus),
Qiyas and Ijtihad (reasoning).
(b) Social system in Islam : Responsibilities and mutual relationship
of members of family, separate role of man and woman in an Islamic Social
set up, concept of Woman’s freedom in Islam, Responsibilities of man and
woman in character-building of new generation.
(c) Morality in Islam : Concept of morality, Relationship of morality
and Faith, Islamic principles and methods of character-building, Moral
values in Islam.
(d) Islamic Political System :—
(i) Legislative System
(ii) Judicial System

(e) Muslim ummah : Role and objectives of Muslim Ummah.
Amongst all faith systems and organized religions mankind has seen, Islam has the distinction that not only did it triggered social changes but also established itself politically in its foundational period (largely by the holy prophet (saw) himself) and enabled Muslims to setup a 'faith based empire'. There is no such precedent in any other organized religion, which is why Muslims even today treat any political or economic matter as 'religious duty'. So you can refer to development of early Islam in Arabia in order to answer such questions in CSS
Subhan Ahmad (Thursday, July 24, 2014)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And since you are part of the discussion, you just can't announce conclusions publicly supporting yourself. Keep them private.
I never knew one should keep the conclusions 'private'. I for one refuse to keep the truth 'private' and will voice the historical facts, clear and unequivocal, even (in fact, particularly) if they make people uneasy.

Quote:
Caliphate is not a myth. Khilafat e Rashida, our golden time is there as a proof. What happened before has the potential to happen again. But we must know that the caliphates received direct teachings of Islam by Prophet Muhammad SAW. So to reach their level of wisdom, we have to travel a long road towards knowledge and character building
Yes, therein lies the problem. We, the Muslims, are stuck in the 7th century and stubbornly refuse to wake up to the completely transformed world with the new demands and changed realities facing us. I would like to post an excerpt from the same source (Justice Munir Inquiry Report), a rather longer one, but its every word worth weighing in gold:

"Pakistan is being taken by the common man, though it is not, as an Islamic State. This belief has been encouraged by the ceaseless clamour for Islam and Islamic State that is being heard from all quarters since the establishment of Pakistan. The phantom of an Islamic State has haunted the Musalman throughout the ages and is a result of the memory of the glorious past when Islam rising like a storm from the least expected quarter of the world - wilds of Arabia - instantly enveloped the wilderness. It is that brilliant achievement of the Arabian nomads, the like of which the world has never seen before, that makes the Musalman of today live in the past and yearn for the return of the glory that was Islam. He finds himself standing on the crossroads, wrapped in the mantle of the past and with the dead weight of centuries on his back, frustrated and bewildered and hesitant to turn one corner or the other. The freshness and the simplicity of the faith, which gave determination to his mind and spring to his muscle is now denied to him. He has neither the means not the ability to conquer and there are no countries to conquer. Little does he understand that the forces that are pitted against him are entirely different from those against which early Islam had to fight, and that on the clues given by his own ancestors human mind had achieved results that he cannot understand. He therefore finds himself in a state of helplessness, waiting for someone to come and help him out of his morass of uncertainty and confusion. And he will go on waiting like that without anything happening. Nothing but a bold reorientation of Islam to separate the vital from the lifeless can preserve it as a World Idea and convert the Musalman into a citizen of the present and the future world from the archaic in congruity that he is today. It is this lack of bold and clear thinking, the inability to understand and take decisions which has brought about on Pakistan a confusion which will persist and repeatedly create situations of the kind we have been inquiring into until our leaders have a clear conception of the goal and of the means to reach it. It requires no imagination to realize that irreconcilables remain irreconcilable even if you believe or wish to the contrary. Opposing principles, it left to themselves, can only produce confusion and disorder and the application of a neutralizing agency to them can only produce a dead result. Unless in case of conflict between two ideologies, our leaders have the desire and the ability to elect, uncertainty must continue. And as long as we rely on the hammer when a file is needed and pack Islam into service to solve situations it was never intended to solve, frustration and disappointment must dog our step."

And that is that. To whom it may concern.

Quote:
If there isn't really any Economic,Political or Judicial System in Islam then why the hell FPSC is bent on asking these questions that make it clear that they(FPSC Paper setters) believe in these concepts.
It's not just the FPSC, every government institute will follow this. You'll hear about it on media and in mosque and in schools. Because it is the official policy of the state to use religion for its God-knows-what ends. I'll ask you, nay, request you, to read the complete report (one of the most important documents in the history of Pakistan, and it is available on the internet) excerpt from which I've posted above to have the clear picture of the dirty game the authorities in this country have been playing ever since its inception. I would also like every educated Pakistani, particularly the younger ones, to read K K Aziz's seminal work "The Pakistani Historian" to have a glimpse into the shameful distortions of history that are done in the name of history in this country (for distortions of history in text books, you can read "The Murder of History"), and all this under the specific guidance of the authorities.

If one cares to read and think, there is a lot that can help us grapple with the terrible confusion we find ourselves in. As long as this pimping of religion for our sordid vested interests continue in this country, we should rest assured leave all the hope to develop as a prosperous nation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Aaqib Javed (Thursday, July 24, 2014), Buddha (Thursday, July 24, 2014)

No wonder K K Aziz was driven out of the country by that thekedar of Islam, Zia-ul-Haq. Anyone who tries to show us our hideous face and hypocrisy has to face our wrath.

Quote:
I never knew one should keep the conclusions 'private'. I for one refuse to keep the truth 'private' and will voice the historical facts, clear and unequivocal, even (in fact, particularly) if they make people uneasy.
I don't feel tiniest of uneasiness. I also have the confidence to claim that my historical facts are clear as well. Compare the era where muslims stick to Quran for source of guidance and then compare it when they have become parrot readers and think that it is enough for us to prosper.

But again, I leave it to the people who read to decide themselves and I try not to shove my own conclusions (which I think as truth) down their throats. It also encourages flexibility and may be the readers after reading both sides of the argument come up with even more novel and clear concepts for understanding the current situations and how to deal with them. So, again I tend not to force people to choose sides but to encourage them to think for themselves. I have faith that readers have the ability to decipher the truth from our messages.

Quote:
Yes, therein lies the problem. We, the Muslims, are stuck in the 7th century and stubbornly refuse to wake up to the completely transformed world with the new demands and changed realities facing us. I would like to post an excerpt from the same source (Justice Munir Inquiry Report),
No the world has not change at all. There are same people like always. People who lust for wealth, power and authority. People who will kill and will try to satisfy their belies that never actually satisfies. There is social injustice, powerful oppressing the weak. Falsehood hiding the Truth. People raising their voices thinking that speaking louder makes you right. And above all people who think that we are sovereign and need no guidance from our Creator. People who have forgotten that there is actually a shatan that is scheming as always. These are same problems in somewhat different clothes. Like at the time of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W, jews were known for practicing ursury, scheming and black magic. There are doing the same with higher level of sophistication.
To deal with this, we have to go back as well as forward. We have to go backwards to understand Islam because it was through Prophet S.A.W that Allah revealed Quran. And Prophet S.A.W was himself the practical explanation of Quran. Prophet then taught Quran and educated his noble companions who then implemented it to the best of their understandings. So in order to understand Quran, one has to go back and learn how the Prophet and the companions understood Quran. There is no explanation of how to perform namaz, so we try to do it they way Prophet S.A.W and his followers used to do. There is also no explanation of system of governance either so we try to learn how the Prophet S.A.W and his companions used to do. Why? again because they reflect the most accurate picture of Islam and how to implement it. If you or someone else can claim and prove that you have a better understanding of Quran and how to practically implement it as compared to Prophet S.A.W and Khulfae rashidin then you have my allegiance.

Then we have to go forwards to understand the world and science. Muslims should be the most advance and modern nation when it comes to research, knowledge and development. But whatever aids and makes us more sophisticated in our teachings and guidelines of Islam we have to take it. Whatever is against Quran and sunnah, we have to discard it.

The article you shared is motivating but for me it reflects half of the truth. Everything I mentioned above, the muslims think that it will happen by itself. There is no need to give up a normal life (career, cars, houses and bank balance) , strive to bring the change or try to fight the evil that is within us. We have become a consumer society and just want spoon feeding. So, this is a wishful thinking. Things won't change, we have to make it change or we will have to learn it the hard way (which we are).
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Well you guys seem to be straying from the topic too much. The core of the topic is under Islamic indoctrination, no matter how you look at it, building up economies and pursuing economic interests is secondary or not important target, the primary objective of an Islamic state is protection of faith and faithful and furtherance of cause of Allah . How could this be achieved, through a democratic political system or a caliphate??? Evidence suggests that Muslims are not generally happy with democratic systems because it fails at the primary objective laid forth for an Islamic state by the religion itself, it rather focuses too much on the non important matters of economy which religion fears will take people away from faith and make them materialist (dunya ki muhabbat ). So how can democratic system become a choice of those Muslims who are vying for caliphate??
You guys still not focusing on my question . Collectivism is an important and integral part of Islamic teaching and it is not only indoctrinated but also institutionalized by early Islamic state 'the caliphate'. Consider this

"All social systems have competition, the only difference is that in capitalism, all such competition for economic power results in the creation of wealth, whereas in collectivist societies such competition for political power results in the destruction of wealth."

If a vital teaching of religion is ignored by a political system, how can 'faithful' Muslims who claim to have attained this model of 'welfare state' under 'caliphate' be convinced that now 'democracy' and 'generation of wealth' produce similar results. It is very much evident that despite all 'progress' under modernism, not all people have access to food and security or equal access to 'wealth' neither 'advancements' in civilization has ended 'war', how are you going to convince a 'poor' muslim to make compromise on 'faith' and find solutions in 'prosperity' and 'individualism' .
incounternable (Friday, July 25, 2014), Subhan Ahmad (Thursday, July 24, 2014)

I agree building economic power is secondary in Islam but it does not mean it is not important. It is very very important. How else you gonna convey the world that Islam is the solution? We can only inspire people to join us, we can't fight and force them. This is not how Islam works. You have to win the hearts. Economic activities are secondary to faith in a sense that you can not build economic gains at the expense of immoral, unfaithful and unjust practices.

Islam does provide a perfect balance between collectivism and capitalism. You can generate all the wealth you want keeping up the moral standards. But you have to give zakah, which goes to the same region's most needy people. So an economy is effective when it promotes trickle down effect and Islam provides this platform.

This all can be done through caliphate system but also through Islamic democratic system. I don't see any problem why it can't be. :/