Wednesday, November 13, 2019
10:21 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Optional subjects > Group VI > Criminology

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old Tuesday, April 05, 2016
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 582
Thanks: 589
Thanked 464 Times in 334 Posts
ursula will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainab S View Post
Oh ok. Twitter just seems more accessible. Sometimes a thought occurs to you or something, easier to rant there than here. Also, this site never loads on mobile network internet so in cases where my DSL is acting up, I can say, hold on, I am alive just net is messed up.
i feel reallysorry for that one.Actually i was willing, but from this forum i did receive some bad gossips, which enforced me for such a bold step,ironically, under the disguise of a lady.
Quote:
So the whole reason why marxism is not part of conflict theories is that a: it is not reformative and radical in nature and b: it challenges whoever is exploiting the system for their own gains. Right, I guess it makes sense. Thanks.
yeah, you can say so,in ir, inshallah you will grasp it lucidly.
Quote:
I moved on to the criminal justice system.
I read 4 types of systems: Crime Control model, Due Process model, Just desert and Administrative model.
keep it up!
Quote:
I also checked police and its role. But I am little confused here. Do I need to make notes on Police history in UK,USA and Pak? Do I need to memorise police ranks and their domains? Right now I studied very short history of police and then I studied it w.r.t criminal procedure. Like how FIR gets registered and how they move from there and all but as I said I am running in all directions and I guess I wasted few days over it.
Could you help bringing any sense to it?
Nope, just theorized how our policing system is different from that of west.(my neighbourer, who is inspector and also lecturing at sahala has told me that)just be relaxed!
Quote:
What did you do regarding Islamic perspective of deviance and crime? I got my hand on a book called Islamic perspective on criminology by professor Aulakh. I found it rather sub-standard. It didn't give any new information.
made notes all by own self and thanks god i have strong analytical power in this regard, like iam a strong critique of council of islamic ideology, blasphemy laws and most importantly status of women and juveniles in our society.
Basically muslim countries are patriarchical, fanatic, conservative and psudo islamic practitioners.Freedom of expression and right of gender equality is considered taboo over here.Moreover, Stock holm syndrom and religious obseessive dominance has worsened that situation further.( you can have your own point of view)pew!
lastly, obssessive interfarence of religious sect has exacerbated the situation further.For example rapid deterioration of peace in middle east due to common myth that khalifhat system is better than democratic form of government.....
Quote:
@civilengineer92 I understand your point, I am like you too in studying but it is such a vast field that I am afraid only multiple books will help and this is so time consuming. So I'd suggest stop looking for that one book and get ready to spend hours reading chapters after chapters from different books. It get frustrating real fast.
Remember hard work and dedication is the key to success,
zainy, do you know, now i have understood, why Quaid said
Work, work and work.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Tuesday, April 05, 2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 129
Thanks: 141
Thanked 124 Times in 81 Posts
Zainab S is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
i feel reallysorry for that one.Actually i was willing, but from this forum i did receive some bad gossips, which enforced me for such a bold step,ironically, under the disguise of a lady.
Really? Now I am curious. I never heard any gossip. I feel terribly left out. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post

Nope, just theorized how our policing system is different from that of west.(my neighbourer, who is inspector and also lecturing at sahala has told me that)just be relaxed!
Well lucky you!
Can you elaborate it further like what did you study regarding it so I search over that and possibly add more points?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
made notes ....
lastly, obssessive interfarence of religious sect has exacerbated the situation further.For example rapid deterioration of peace in middle east due to common myth that khalifhat system is better than democratic form of government.....
You and I are in the same boat here. I think on same lines though I am sure your arguments will have more facts than me because I still have a lot to study.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
Remember hard work and dedication is the key to success,
zainy, do you know, now i have understood, why Quaid said
Work, work and work.
Yeah Quaid was a great man and the only leader I respect with all my heart. Rest and especially current ones are pygmies in comparison.
__________________
...Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Wednesday, April 06, 2016
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 582
Thanks: 589
Thanked 464 Times in 334 Posts
ursula will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainab S View Post
Really? Now I am curious. I never heard any gossip. I feel terribly left out. lol
yup, even worst than that.......
Quote:
Well lucky you!
well, she is not as cooperative as iam with you, she has some attitude and hers bluffy response creates more irritation for me.
Sometimes she answer ma query with hun han and says why not consult net, when everthing is available on the internet,and and and i was like is she seducing me????
Quote:
Can you elaborate it further like what did you study regarding it so I search over that and possibly add more points?
dupe, our policing system has innate faws acting like servants of political figures, ironically DMG(also known as PAS) is more powerful than law enforcement agencies or in simple words, the purpose of policing is maintainig the watch dogs of those miscreants who challanges the obsoleted system,police also serves the interest of feuds and noble beings,
Thats the reason why we are still following former british colonial orders such as torturing, randition and sub human treatment is a norm of our investigative officers.
Contrary to brits, they deserves the highest ranks of applauses(oh my gossh i studied so many novels and watched documentries)their tactics of investigation and tackling of crime is very advance, even extensive usage of dogs like shepherd to stop the menance of pounds smuggling,Culture of meritocracy, no political interfarence and supremacy of investigative and prosecutorial power is awesomely infinitsome that inspires me alot.
now come to Pakistan,i hope you are familiar with brutes of punjab police and manual registration of FIR.Come to mysogyny, do you know there is no law to protect women from domestic violence.( current bill is also being lambargasted by religiously pampered mullahs and even there is planned ongoing protest.....)oh yeah gullu culture as well.
let me allow to have a breath of fresh air.
Quote:
You and I are in the same boat here. I think on same lines though I am sure your arguments will have more facts than me because I still have a lot to study.
Buddy, the more you study the more you feel uncomfortable about the worlds system of governance,
Even now i'am thinking why and for what purpose i have applied for this exam, because i feel i am incompetent to compromise on giga corruption and frauds, while the second name of this world is "hawX"

Quote:
Yeah Quaid was a great man and the only leader I respect with all my heart. Rest and especially current ones are pygmies in comparison.
Contrary to that of mine, do you know "Henry Wallace" and "Leon Trotsky", i wish if he could have been alive, i would have ma rest of life under their subordination.My list of heroes is very long, but these persons are always been at the top.
Inshallah, we have a next session.
Bye!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ursula For This Useful Post:
Zainab S (Friday, April 08, 2016)
  #34  
Old Wednesday, April 06, 2016
civilengineer92's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 267
Thanks: 81
Thanked 83 Times in 61 Posts
civilengineer92 is on a distinguished road
Default

To hell with criminology & Public ad.. i am going with IR 😂 itni books hi prhni hn to 200 marks to tyar hon...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Thursday, April 07, 2016
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 582
Thanks: 589
Thanked 464 Times in 334 Posts
ursula will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilengineer92 View Post
To hell with criminology & Public ad.. i am going with IR 😂 itni books hi prhni hn to 200 marks to tyar hon...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Go ahead, more than welcome!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Friday, April 08, 2016
civilengineer92's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 267
Thanks: 81
Thanked 83 Times in 61 Posts
civilengineer92 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
Go ahead, more than welcome!
Actually i had always thought of opting IR, had even bought & started reading Joshua S.Golstein's book in January and it is the only subject for which i can study as many books as suggested. But after having a glance at the past scoring threads of IR, i had to review it, though with a heavy heart, as it has not proved to be a high scoring subject ever.. though it is the most interesting of the lot
In short: confusion, confusion, confusion everywhere 😂

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Friday, April 08, 2016
civilengineer92's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 267
Thanks: 81
Thanked 83 Times in 61 Posts
civilengineer92 is on a distinguished road
Default

And sorry for ruining your informative thread about criminology...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Friday, April 08, 2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 129
Thanks: 141
Thanked 124 Times in 81 Posts
Zainab S is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilengineer92 View Post
And sorry for ruining your informative thread about criminology...
Oh well...at least you had the decency to say sorry so I guess it is good. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
yup, even worst than that.......

well, she is not as cooperative as iam with you, she has some attitude and hers bluffy response creates more irritation for me.
...and i was like is she seducing me????
lol. I studied from a women university so this is not very surprising for me. Some girls/women just don't grow out of their metric level mindset. You know like not helping others because you are afraid other one will get more marks and take your position. It's lame but oh well. Everyone is a guard dog of his/her position. I personally don't believe in such practices.
Thank you for your guidance. I really appreciate it. I don't know if I'd be able to make it but I shall be forever in your debt for this. If it were a real life meeting, I'd be paying the bills for tea or whatever as thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
dupe, our policing system has innate faws acting like servants of political figures...
brits, deserves the highest ranks of applauses their tactics of investigation and tackling of crime is very advance, even extensive usage of dogs like shepherd to stop the menance of pounds smuggling,Culture of meritocracy, no political interfarence and supremacy of investigative and prosecutorial power is awesomely infinitsome that inspires me alot.
now come to Pakistan,i hope you are familiar with brutes of punjab police and manual registration of FIR.Come to mysogyny, do you know there is no law to protect women from domestic violence.( current bill is also being lambargasted by religiously pampered mullahs and even there is planned ongoing protest.....)oh yeah gullu culture as well.
Ever since I read theoretical criminology, I have become somewhat more removed. It is weird but now I don't look at societies and lament at my own. I have become more of an observer. I observe and move on. I know when the levy will break, the emotional trauma for me will be stronger than usual but what can one do in such society. The thing is we are centuries behind in thinking and customs. The spiritual explanations and classical theories are more or less where our system stands. We run in circles within these two points. We have to move at much faster pace but here we are discussing how women empowerment bill is unislamic and how pedophiles and rapist don't exist in our societies. What can one do but go stoic. Revolutions are always bloody and pygmies would only get us butchered and nothing would change in the end. I am hopeful, still, but truth is there is a long and winding road in front of us and it'll take some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
Buddy, the more you study the more you feel uncomfortable about the worlds system of governance,
Even now i'am thinking why and for what purpose i have applied for this exam, because i feel i am incompetent to compromise on giga corruption and frauds, while the second name of this world is "hawX"
Call me silly or stupid but once I decide on something I like to see it through. So till 2017, I am not going to fuss over my why's. One step at a time. If it helps, may be having someone like you in the system can be good in long run. Too many of us sit outside and whine. We can do with one less member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
Contrary to that of mine, do you know "Henry Wallace" and "Leon Trotsky", i wish if he could have been alive, i would have ma rest of life under their subordination.
Bye!
Don't know much about Henry Wallace.
I know Leon Trotsky though, because of my interest in communism and Bolshevik movement and the whole Lenin-Stalin-Trotsky affair. I never read him without references to Stalin. For me, he lost some points when Stalin, a much lesser intellectual managed to out maneuver him. I respect the guy and was rather sad at his demise and life in exile. He deserved better. I also like Farida Kohlo because I studied her paintings, guess world was a small place even back then.

I am doing Juveniles section from J. Seigel's book. So many facts and figures, my head hurts. I don't have any issues for now.
__________________
...Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Friday, April 08, 2016
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 582
Thanks: 589
Thanked 464 Times in 334 Posts
ursula will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainab S View Post
Oh well...at least you had the decency to say sorry so I guess it is good. Good luck!


lol. I studied from a women university so this is not very surprising for me. Some girls/women just don't grow out of their metric level mindset. You know like not helping others because you are afraid other one will get more marks and take your position. It's lame but oh well. Everyone is a guard dog of his/her position. I personally don't believe in such practices.
Thank you for your guidance. I really appreciate it. I don't know if I'd be able to make it but I shall be forever in your debt for this. If it were a real life meeting, I'd be paying the bills for tea or whatever as thank you.
Such mentality in simple words is define as "jealousy".May God forbid, more among the girls than our counterparts do have.
Quote:
Ever since I read theoretical criminology, I have become somewhat more removed. It is weird
Remember life doesn't work according to our plans;hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Quote:
Call me silly or stupid but once I decide on something I like to see it through. So till 2017, I am not going to fuss over my why's. One step at a time. If it helps, may be having someone like you in the system can be good in long run. Too many of us sit outside and whine. We can do with one less member.
Every person has its own unique identity and I respect for that.
Refering to me, I found myownself quite oblivion to being apologatic, every time I rendered to same case.Lol, make me embarrassed.

Quote:
Don't know much about Henry Wallace.
Don't worry, he was USA undersecretary at the time of Franklin D Roosevelt, since you ought not opt the US history, that's not point o concern.
Quote:
I know Leon Trotsky though, because of my interest in communism and Bolshevik movement and the whole Lenin-Stalin-Trotsky affair. I never read him without references to Stalin. For me, he lost some points when Stalin, a much lesser intellectual managed to out maneuver him. I respect the guy and was rather sad at his demise and life in exile. He deserved better. I also like Farida Kohlo because I studied her paintings, guess world was a small place even back then.
Yeah half true and half lies,
He was a revolutionary man who stood against the stalinism, racism, facism and political intrigues.Had there been respect and non conspiratorial plot against Trotsky there would have been no world war-ll and also no Stalin hitler appeasement policies.(You can say worlds boggy man conspired against him because of his radical ideas)
Stalin used to crumble up his each piece of writing and publication in his cupboard and that was the proof of his intelligensia.
(I love the person whose fame resides in opponents heart )
Ummmm!
He was tremendous man and very egg head of his time even you can say till now.

Quote:
I am doing Juveniles section from J. Seigel's book. So many facts and figures, my head hurts. I don't have any issues for now.
Sense of relief for me.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ursula For This Useful Post:
Zainab S (Sunday, April 10, 2016)
  #40  
Old Sunday, April 10, 2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 129
Thanks: 141
Thanked 124 Times in 81 Posts
Zainab S is on a distinguished road
Default

In Juvenile Delinquency section there is a point regarding behavioral vs Legal.
So behavioral is chronic repeaters. Who are legal ones? Are those the ones that get trial in adult courts?
__________________
...Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.