Thursday, May 02, 2024
08:33 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Khanabadosh is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Sajid Sadeem

I feel proud to thank you. Dear angels would not come to rule us. (Agar wo hotay to un par bhi shayad NRO ka case chalta ) True onus lies on us the people because we are 'the nation.' Will Durant aptly put it: "Like men like state". Until and unless we learn from our past mistakes we will continue to be groping in the dark. And i think the only panacea to our problems is education. Remember what Sir Syed Ahmed Khan did for this nation. He enlightened the darkest soul of the muslims of india. i hope you know what was the purpose of his prohibiting the muslims of india from politics. Majority of our country remains poorly educated or uneducated at all. Correct me if i'm wrong.

@ Ayesha Ali

I should be.... because he's my President after all.

“And among men there is one who selleth his self (soul) seeking the pleasure of God; and verily, God is affectionate unto His (faithful) servants.” 2:207
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khanabadosh For This Useful Post:
Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), naughty boy (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), Rutba.Batool (Thursday, December 24, 2009), Sajid Sadeem (Wednesday, December 23, 2009)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no 5225

Sajid Sadeem will become famous soon enough

@ Khanabadosh:

"I feel proud to thank you. Dear angels would not come to rule us. (Agar wo hotay to un par bhi shayad NRO ka case chalta )"

hahahahah No comments

"True onus lies on us the people because we are 'the nation.' Like Will Durant aptly put it: "Like men like state".

Yes, we the people of Pakistan.....(an example, Read US Constitution. It starts with: We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.) It explains a lot.

"Remember what Sir Syed Ahmed Khan did for this nation. He enlightened the darkest soul of the muslims of india. i hope you know what was the purpose of his prohibiting the muslims of india from politics. Majority of our country remains poorly educated or uneducated at all. Correct me if i'm wrong."

I don't find any need to correct u. You are absolutely right.
Khanabadosh (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), Rutba.Batool (Thursday, December 24, 2009)

@ Sajid Sadeem

Now u're talkin. Happy Walton to you. Thanks for ur endorsement anyway.

“And among men there is one who selleth his self (soul) seeking the pleasure of God; and verily, God is affectionate unto His (faithful) servants.” 2:207
The Following User Says Thank You to Khanabadosh For This Useful Post:
Sajid Sadeem (Wednesday, December 23, 2009)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

If the media has the right to blitter others and take fact on air then why it isnot presenting reality.

the following points have been noticed by me in the role of pakistani media.

1,They never went against Mqm Particularly Geo ,as u know what happened on 12 may,what is happening in karachi daily,media is well aware from it but they use to present this fact in a hidden way by saying that " 2 gurooh mein jagry hogaye" as u all know who are they.while
there were about 8000 beneficiaries of NRO,but Geo used to chant voice against the President of pakistan.Although neither i like zardari nor nawaz shahbaz nor imran khan nor altaf hussain because they all are the passengers of a same bus.

2,Since donkey years,a positive role has not been played by media.Although,it is more independent than other countries of the whole world.

3,Media means business however,propaganda is the most earning source of it.

4,the pakistani media not only distorted the image of pakistan but also the image of its people who have been allegedly blittered in the developed world.

5,the following programs have been launched by the present government for betterment of this country but media never on aired it and never talked in the favour of govt.
benazir youth development program
benazir income support program
NIP program for balouch students
and many other programs

6,media itself is thinking that it is the most powerful leader in this country which might unstable our country in future.

7,Media is also playing its vital role in the Disintegration of pakistan.
Recently shahid masood's statement about sindhi topi which provoked all sindhi people and nationalist to loathe his point of view and urdu media.however,they all celebrated the sindhi topi day.it was very beneficial for all sindhi nationalist to chant voice against pakistan.

8,Present Programms airing on Geo are noteworthy,as few fellow members has mentioned in their posts that about thousands of people are currupt then why has the president only been allegedly criticized.Media means business and these type of programms might be financially sourced by some other politician to gain political benefit.

Aj k liye itni points baaki hay baaki next post mein.

Regards,
WAQAR ABRO
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:
jadoon khan (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), Khanabadosh (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), naughty boy (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), Rutba.Batool (Thursday, December 24, 2009), Sajid Sadeem (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), sameen (Wednesday, December 23, 2009)

Ayesha Ali is on a distinguished road

The problem with our country is this that we tend to be extremely ethnocentric. It is mostly felt that we favor the person in the corridor of power who shares the same racial stock with us.
A Punjabi, for that matter, supports Nawaz Sharif how horrible his decision may be. The same is the case with a Urdu-speaking supporting Altaf Hussain, a Sindhi supporting Zardari sab and Balochs supporting their ruthless Sardars and Nawabs.
Media is evolving in Pakistan. It has not been independent since DONKEY’S YEARS.
Should we have black leash on media as the Musharraf regime did?
Who are we to decide that the media is partial or impartial? Geo is the most watched news channel in Pakistan. The same channel presented programs like George Ka Pakistan to present a soft image of Pakistan abroad. The same TV channel started Alim Online giving us an opportunity to rid of the shackles of Taliban’s interpretation of Islam.
The discussions and talk shows on various issues put the government of the day on the right track. Forgot the movement for restoration of judiciary and resignation of a dictator?
Forgot the governor rule in Punjab?
What actually is wrong is the way we perceive things. Things are looked at with a prejudiced mind. For example if we have an opinion that Mr. X is a good person and Mr. Y is a bad one. If media supports Mr. X then it is doing an admirable thing and if it is saying things against Mr. X then it is a demon. Anything said against Y is more than welcome. So this is called partiality han.me poor didn’t know that
Grow up guys. Pakistan needs Pakistanis.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ayesha Ali For This Useful Post:
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough

@Ayesha Ali
I totally agree with your views and I think you pretty much said it all I wanted to say.

Media has been selective sometimes especially GEO when it comes to MQM but in current Zardari-bashing all it is doing is reporting facts and those facts don't happen to be pleasing for PPP. But koilo ke kaam mein haath to kaale honge na

I think protecting the 'democratic process' is just like previous expedient doctrines like Doctrine of Necessity. Current scenario for the first time provides PPP an opportunity to prove themselves innocent of all the mis-governance and excessive corruption charges reported by our media through independent courts. Media has the right to criticize and bring to people's attention incidents of nepotism and corruption especially when our opposition happens to be a friendly one. Our democracy won't be strengthened unless we follow the rules leading to expulsion of such self-centered feudals from political ranks. What are we going to do with a democracy on paper when people's will is not represented. Why do you think after all the military's negative political role, they still have many supporters and some people still consider Musharraf their hero compared to Zardari who finds support only on ehtnic basis.

Our other 12 or 13 presidents might have been corrupt too but the majority didn't know that when they took oath to the office but President Zardari is an exception to that. He comes with a lot of baggage and now calling him mr.ten percent is considered an understatement since he has moved beyond that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdullah Nayyar For This Useful Post:
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Going through all these posts and i cant perceive as to why so many people would follow the lead line "Media is de-railing the present democratic setup". Perhaps we, as a nation, are to immature to be given such a liberty as "AZAD MEDIA".

Somebody (Oooppsss i forgot his/her name) rightly pointed out that it wasn't the media who brought governor's rule in Punjab, neither the NRO in Supreme Court nor forced the government into hasting actions which were scraped in an equal haste. what the government is doing, either for good or the bad, media seems to portray that. what is wrong with that?

I can't believe that the educated lot of pakistan can fall for slogans like "Geo is backed by the Jews"!
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

Hi all

I dont get 2 watch news channels tht frequently so i may nt be able 2 comment on over all role of media but wenever i do watch any talk show votsoeva channel it be, i,ve observed they are always talking about political issues, targetting mostly the issues tht affect the politicians nd may be are nt tht attached 2 a commom man life.
i can recall hundreds of programmes on these issues but very few over the issues tht actually deal 2 a common persons life. i mean there z so much around 2 discuss

How many debates has been held on a National Education policy, the iliteracy, which z prime menance of our nation. Once we have the well educated ppl all these corrupt leaderz will automatically vanish off.

How many programmes have been helod on issues nd probs nd policies related 2 Agriculture sector which affects 70% of our nation

nd there are many more. i mean its the policies tht are going 2 work fr us nd nt individuals so focus them

one last thing i recalled of Chahdary Javaids prog last night i mean even i layman wud knw how 2 talk respectfully 2 a common man nd the style nd the lang he was using fr an elected member was shameful

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S_Ranjha For This Useful Post:
naughty boy (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), sameen (Wednesday, December 23, 2009)

naughty boy is on a distinguished road

Firstly thanks to all for contributing in this thread.

I started this thread to point out some excesses committed in the name of Free Media. Regretabbly,some respected members made it seem like Pro-President and Anti-president war of words.I humbly submit the following points.

1. There is one thing called Intensity. If I have to criticise some one,being a rational being that i am,I will do it with grace. Democracy allows difference of views BUT it must be done with decorum. The intensity of criticism presented by a section of media against a particular person/party is altogether undemocratic.I would suggest my sister Ayesha to remember the quote of Voltaire.

2. Another thing is called Priority. What comes first has to be defined. Pakistan faces a very delicate political situation. it is not the pretext of Democratic process but the imminent threat of Boots that must be borne in mind while unduely critising the elected government. Is NRO a priority or a stable government to fight terrorism? Is a cap more important issue to discuss in the Mehfel of DANISHWARS or economic growth of our country? if a house is burning the logical priority would be to extinguish the fire and not to be apportioning blame as to who burnt it at the first place.

3. A would request the defender of Pakistani Media to watch Meray Mutabiq for just 5 days. After that you will start hating your country. you will feel that you live in a hell and nothing is ever going to change. you will be disillusioned.funnily that is what happens to you and me,how about the host? he takes an hefty checque, stays in the best hotels, treated as ne of the most inteligent men the world has produced. a life of luxury at the cost of my and your peace of mind??????

4. Is creating fissures in a society a work of angels???
look it this equation that i concluded from watching last night episode of a tv show

Media + Judiciary + Civil Society + Opposition + Masses Vs PPP Government.

Hail Media)

@ Sameen
dear ab name (ID) ka kuch na kuch asar tou hota he hay
jadoon khan (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), Khanabadosh (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), Rutba.Batool (Thursday, December 24, 2009), Sajid Sadeem (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), sameen (Wednesday, December 23, 2009)

Assalam Alekum

In a nutshell, I’m not satisfied with the role of the media; it is highly biased. The self-righteous so-called journalists try to put the last straw which may break the camel’s back. I had had to add a long list of discrimination of media, particularly Urdu-language media (full of jerks) calling Karachi and Sindh separately, hence adding salt to the wounds of already aggrieved Sindhis. How would you guys from Punjab feel when someone calls Lahore and the Punjab separately hinting as Lahore is not part of the Punjab?

Anyways, my friends have spoken out at length more pragmatically on the issue then I could have. I wind up my arguments with a famous quote by Thomas Jefferson

“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing, but newspapers.”

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khanabadosh For This Useful Post:
Naeem A. Memon (Friday, January 01, 2010), naughty boy (Wednesday, December 23, 2009), Rutba.Batool (Thursday, December 24, 2009), Sajid Sadeem (Wednesday, December 23, 2009)