CSS Forums Tuesday, September 30, 2014
03:07 PM (GMT +5)
 
 
Home   Beginner's Guide   Rules   Syllabus   Past Papers   CSP Members  

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
TheWaqas's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hyderabad, Sindh
Posts: 589
Thanks: 156
Thanked 144 Times in 109 Posts
TheWaqas will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Democracy Vs Dictatorship for Pakistan

Dear all,
please give you views about it statistically and logically with solid reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
nadia ahmed is on a distinguished road
Default

we believe worst form of democracy is better than dictatorship.we have almost forty years of dictatorship in our country and the results are quite gloomy.actually what happen in dictatorship basic human rights are suppressed.it looks like economy is boosting up but as the autocratic rule changes,the bubble bursts and the gdp falls.whenever dictator rules the country ,he weakens the institutions of the country,the image of the country drops down and interests of the country are badly affected.
kindly heighlight my mistakes.
regards
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
alihashmatkhoso's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Karachi, now Lahore .
Posts: 968
Thanks: 415
Thanked 885 Times in 488 Posts
alihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura about
Default

__________________
LOVE all, TRUST a few, do WRONG to none......
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
Ali Mallah's Avatar
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 1988Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,550
Thanks: 485
Thanked 1,553 Times in 904 Posts
Ali Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to allAli Mallah is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia ahmed View Post
we believe worst form of democracy is better than dictatorship.we have almost forty years of dictatorship in our country and the results are quite gloomy.actually what happen in dictatorship basic human rights are suppressed.it looks like economy is boosting up but as the autocratic rule changes,the bubble bursts and the gdp falls.whenever dictator rules the country ,he weakens the institutions of the country,the image of the country drops down and interests of the country are badly affected.
kindly heighlight my mistakes.
regards
All four dictators pushed Pakistan towards the war or situation of war Ayoob Khan 1965, Yahya Khan 1971, Zia Afghan war, Mushraf war of terrorism which should have never happened with our country. Do you know how much loss economy of country faces in single day of war? Can you estimate? I think we can't quote such figure. This has been dilemma of our country that USA always supported our dictators because they put forward the agenda of america hence they were given huge financial support to make the people silent by having a bit facilities. Human rights, Media, Judiciary, Political System, Bureaucracy all were planted, then how one can think that dictatorship is better.
__________________
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude...Zig Ziglar
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Mallah For This Useful Post:
samia fakhar (Saturday, August 11, 2012)
  #5  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
TheWaqas's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hyderabad, Sindh
Posts: 589
Thanks: 156
Thanked 144 Times in 109 Posts
TheWaqas will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Mallah View Post
All four dictators pushed Pakistan towards the war or situation of war Ayoob Khan 1965, Yahya Khan 1971, Zia Afghan war, Mushraf war of terrorism which should have never happened with our country. Do you know how much loss economy of country faces in single day of war? Can you estimate? I think we can't quote such figure. This has been dilemma of our country that USA always supported our dictators because they put forward the agenda of america hence they were given huge financial support to make the people silent by having a bit facilities. Human rights, Media, Judiciary, Political System, Bureaucracy all were planted, then how one can think that dictatorship is better.
do you ever realize that dictatorship works better than democracy in our country ?

If we collect the complete data from independence about the developments and building basic structure of our country then you easily find the difference. Lets start from independence share tell me what is the progress of Pakistan in democratic rule ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
sabahatbhutta's Avatar
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Multan
Posts: 584
Thanks: 476
Thanked 642 Times in 301 Posts
sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWaqas View Post
do you ever realize that dictatorship works better than democracy in our country ?

If we collect the complete data from independence about the developments and building basic structure of our country then you easily find the difference. Lets start from independence share tell me what is the progress of Pakistan in democratic rule ?
Democracy was given a chance in our country after 23 years of independence, at a time when Pakistan was not that Pakistan which Quaid-e-Azam gave us.
During those 23 years tell me was Pakistan a paradise to live in?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabahatbhutta For This Useful Post:
Ali Mallah (Wednesday, August 08, 2012), samia fakhar (Saturday, August 11, 2012)
  #7  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
Call for Change's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Crumbling Prison of Cruel Customs
Posts: 1,212
Thanks: 1,173
Thanked 1,805 Times in 847 Posts
Call for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWaqas View Post
do you ever realize that dictatorship works better than democracy in our country ?

If we collect the complete data from independence about the developments and building basic structure of our country then you easily find the difference. Lets start from independence share tell me what is the progress of Pakistan in democratic rule ?
Dictatorships worked better in Pakistan because Zia and Musharraf fought the proxy wars of US and in return they received huge amount of dollars. After fulfilling its agendas US left and the democratic regimes had to face the music of chaos, aid cuts, sanctions and deteriorating economy.
__________________
GO NAWAZ GO !!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Call for Change For This Useful Post:
Ali Mallah (Wednesday, August 08, 2012), samia fakhar (Saturday, August 11, 2012)
  #8  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
shallowwater's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1127
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Faisalabad
Posts: 868
Thanks: 249
Thanked 852 Times in 343 Posts
shallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to all
Default

Democracy is best for Pakistan if it is allowed to function without any hindrance. At the moment the judiciary is crossing its limits and that could harm the system. For democracy to flourish properly it is necessary that the process continues without any disruption. If Prime Ministers are sent home like this then the system is in serious danger.
__________________
Proud to be an Engineer.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallowwater For This Useful Post:
Ali Mallah (Wednesday, August 08, 2012), sabahatbhutta (Wednesday, August 08, 2012), samia fakhar (Saturday, August 11, 2012)
  #9  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
mohsinali303's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 185
Thanks: 134
Thanked 63 Times in 51 Posts
mohsinali303 is on a distinguished road
Default

"i may oppose to what you say but i shall defend to death your right to say it"
this is the real definition of democracy.in pakistan democracy is best for development and change.dictatorship is not solution for Pakistan,during every dictatorship regime pakis suffered a lot.although our democratic regimes were also not very impressive,but democracy is slow process and can be moved towards betterment slowly.while in dictatorship there is no improvement.
for better pakistan we have to support democracy.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Wednesday, August 08, 2012
mhmmdkashif's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fourth Reich
Posts: 1,452
Thanks: 560
Thanked 1,041 Times in 635 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallowwater View Post
Democracy is best for Pakistan if it is allowed to function without any hindrance. At the moment the judiciary is crossing its limits and that could harm the system. For democracy to flourish properly it is necessary that the process continues without any disruption. If Prime Ministers are sent home like this then the system is in serious danger.
There are other hindrances as well. Even if judiciary, military and other un-elected centers of power work within their limits, still present parliamentary republican form of government, as it exists in Pakistan, will not be able to deliver anything and they will crawl into others' (judiciary etc) space. It is not easy to separate state and politics in Pakistan because Pakistani is a deeply divided and backward society and each division is firmly entrenched in people's minds. You need a more controlled form of democracy that can separate state and politics, and for that you need new institutions which might sound monarchy like .
__________________
Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be "discovered" by an election.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mhmmdkashif For This Useful Post:
chemali2012 (Friday, August 17, 2012)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is democracy the best form of government? sajidnuml Political Science 4 Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:49 PM
Essay On "Threats To Democracy In Pakistan" (Plz evaluate) Roshan wadhwani Essays 23 Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:55 AM
Muslim Law and Jurisprudence Paper 2010 Sajid Sadeem CSS 2010 Papers 6 Friday, July 01, 2011 05:42 PM
Democracy/Monarchy/Dictatorship/Republic Naseer Ahmed Chandio Political Science 3 Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:24 AM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: This is not the official website of Federal Public Service Commission Pakistan. This is a non-commercial website helping individuals who intend to join civil service of Pakistan. The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. We do not claim that the site is an exhaustive compilation of information about Civil Service of Pakistan neither represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, content contained on, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any page of this website. These materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete or up to date. However, honest efforts have been made to provide comprehensive information for the benefit of users. The documents and material displayed or mentioned on this site are not official copies. Please contact FPSC for updated rules and regulations governing CSS examination.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.