Monday, April 29, 2024
01:16 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, March 12, 2006

Yasir Hayat Khan is on a distinguished road
Arrow

@ Muskan

I think Musharraf can never betray us and be a sell out to USA, the problem is
that he's trying to sweep all the rubbish that's been left by his predecessors...

The problem is that we have anti federating elements rather anti Pakistan elements,
so what can one do? Either compromise, or leave them as they are, or get them out
of here.... so what wrong is Musharraf doing by not compromising.
The same problem is there in Baluchistan, 95% of Baluchistan is 'B' area (no go
area). The largest province of our country is in control of self proclaimed
Sardars, what is this.... Anyone of us would never compromise again with
anti-federating elements, so why should Musharraf......

We have to keep ourselves positive, and trust our leader.

@ Babban Miyan

I agree with you on the point of Election.... I must also admit, I am not a blind
follower of Musharraf, he should have strengthened our institutions, and ELECTION
COMMISSION needs to be reformed so that the next elections be free and fair, not
government sponsored. Another institution that needs to be reformed is our
judiciary, having a legal background I think our judiciary needs to be corruption
free and efficient, as justice delayed is justice denied.

We must not be blinded by the US interests, its in our interest to curb terrorism,
if nothing be done now may be after a few years we would be fighting with their
tanks and armor. It must be done now, and unfortunately Musharraf has to tackle it
as it falls into the pits.

Why do we always think wearing the US shoes? Forget the past, Musharraf has
tackled US sensibly, he has two sides of the face, one towards Bush and the other
towards the rest of the World. Things would come undercontrol soon. Its so
unfortunate that we are being pulled both on internal as well as external security.

But we all must be united. I can't see my country bleeding.....

@ Tabassum

International relations can't be interpreted better than that.......

That's what I have been telling, what kind of Muslims or brothers are they? they
have no right to use our land for unlawful things, and they are being instigated by
our own people, harbored and nourished by them. If I know that some people are
living in one room of my home and they are trying to destroy me, I can't wait and
let them do what they want.......

I didn't ever imagine having a free media, and look now there's a huge difference. Zia and Musharraf can never be compared.

And which opposition hasn't tried to derail the government? the sacrilegious caricatures just added the fire that propelled the rocket.... We should'nt be blackmailed.

We also have the responsibility to take part and use our vote prudently but the elections must be free and fair, there can't be a compromise.

Thank you all for responding.....
And thank you CSS Forum for giving us this opportunity....
Please don't carry any hard feelings for me.
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow Babban, thanx for speaking my thoughts....

Firstly, the thought that Musharraf saved the country, is based on assumptions, Pakistan has been in worse situations before, ALLAH S.W.T. and the prayers of our pious elders saved it each time.

May 1998; a threat is received that Israel will attack Pakistan if it attempts to put its nuclear capabilities to test. Pakistan meets the threat with ample preparation, carries out the nuke tests successfully(alhamduliLLAH) and the Israeli threat dies its own death. No, Nawaz Sharif did not save or endanger the country. Had we not tested the nukes, to this day there would be people saying the same common thing “acha hua Nawaz Sharif nay dhamaakay nahi karwaaye, ussnay Pakistan ko to bachaaliyaa….”. Dosto, hum zinda qaum hain, zinda rahengay insha’ALLAH, our decisions should be based on our own interests, not on US dictation. Anyways, won’t elaborate on this any further, just wanted to eliminate this common perception that Musharraf saved the country.

October 2001 (post 9/11); US wanted Pakistan’s complete submission to their operation “TALIBAN EXTERMINATION”. They knew for a fact, that since the fall of U.S.S.R., Pakistan was the nation that had pumped back blood into the veins of Afghanistan which was left in ruins by the Russians. And they therefore knew, that none but Pakistani expertise could assist them now. Bush approached our beloved President with a multiple choice question:
Q. You will be with us? (note that the interrogative sentence seems more of an order)
a. YES
b. NO (I dare you!)

Though it is against the rules of MCQs to give only two options, BUSH played by the rules of MCQs and gave our guy simply 2 options…
Musharraf was comparatively new back then, just 2 yrs of ruling experience in a nation that was corrupt from head to toe (this does not include our simple civilians/villagers).
Thoughts that popped up:
1. What are the problems I am facing:
a. Economy-I (Generals are no longer getting salaries in Foreign Exchange)
b. Economy-II (Its hard to afford so many protocol cars with such a low defense budget…sorry people of Pakistan, I belong to the army, even 68% of your pathetic budget is less for us, we are the rich citizens of a poor country.)
c. Economy-III (I need to show the nation that I’m somewhat capable, need imbursements for development of urban areas as well)
d. Political stability (Just 2 years and I’m losing popularity, need assistance here)
e. Defense incompetence with India (They get everything from Israel! We have to make our own, lets see if US can help us in this section too)
f. The Kashmir Issue (If I solve this one, the whole nation will remember me for centuries, I’ll definitely ask Uncle Sam to pressurize India in this regard atleast)
g. The opposition issues(MMA in particular)
h. …
i. ….
j. ………..the list goes on.

In the end, ofcourse he chose the former option, was lucrative after all! The US rewards all its allies in a handsome manner. If I can provide the Generals around me a complacent life, they’ll never bother me, I can prolong my reign (this is how dictatorship works, keep the elites happy and they keep the rest of the nation’s mouth shut for as long as u like……… But watch out my dear President, they’re waiting for you to lose it, they’ll open up every hidden truth to save themselves the embarrassment of the misdeeds of the golden days of your empire. No offense, we have seen this happen, be it Bhutto’s allies, Zia’s, Benazir’s or Nawaz Sharif’s, they all spat out all they knew once these leaders were history…and Musharraf is no exception, the day he leaves, Hamood-ur-rehman commission’s revised edition will be published …………. Musharraf, u did the same to your predecessors, sorry buddy, you’ll face the same fate too. Am not saying you did anything too bad, everyone does it but does not foresee the consequences that befall them once they lose power…. Hota hai hota hai….. insaan powerful hota hai to sochta hai koi kuch nahi bigaarhsakta mera….but what they all forget is that the sovereign power does not lie in their hands. Sovereignty belongs to ALLAH alone.…. But unfortunately….. neways….lets get back to the topic).

So Musharraf opted to go with the US… Muss-haf Ali Meer, the then Chief Air Marshal showed resistance to this decision and his personal pilot had an attack of amnesia and his plane crashed --- so the others who even thought of resisting the idea decided to keep their mouths shut. We gave our airbases to the US airforce to attack our neighbouring country that we had brought up like a child in the previous decade.

[Anyhow, that’s history, but I want to clarify one thing here. Our people very harshly blame the Afghans for bringing in drugs/narcotics and ammunition in the market, I would like to ask them one thing, if there is no appeal for such things in the market, would they ever sell in such a place? They had other customers around them, but unfortunately our own people showed interest and bought those menaces at dear costs. Afghans were desperate for money, WE gave them that money by buying those AK-47s, drugs etc. from them. Don’t blame them now.]

….by doing so, Musharraf received a round of applause from all the allies of the US, minor gifts were awarded, Musharraf, who had never received such appraisal from the rest of the world, thought he had made it big time with the bully of this planet.

Early 2002; after a lot of carpet bombing, US decided to land its commandoes in the combat zone near Tora Bora… a huge no. of commandoes get killed in a major operation by the Taliban, Bush pings Mushy for an explanation, Mushy finds out the Afghan cell of the ISI is still active unofficially, he throws out certain Generals to appease Bush and apologises for the inconvenience caused by the bunch of nut-heads of the Afghan cell. With the Talibans undercontrol, Bush decides to further his ambitions in Iraq, however, just to keep the episodes of the drama going, so that Pakistan is not ditched after an amazing cooperation in the Afghan grounds, every couple of days, it is reported by the CNN that some top insurgents have infiltrated Pakistan. There! Pakistan’s back on stage, ready to play its role. Kill Naik Mohammed, catch Faraj Al-Libbi* do this, do that, and Musharraf shouting at the top of his lungs “I WANT MY F-16s!!!!!!!”…But the noise falls on deaf ears.

Sept. 2005; The rape case of Sonia Naz is on the roll, the govt. tries its best to hide the culprit SP Khalid Abdullah (just like they managed to cover up Capt. Hammad involved in Dr. Shazia Akhtar’s case). As things begin to settle down in the area, Musharraf is summoned to NewYork to attend the AJC(American Jews Committee) conference, once again, Musharraf blows the cover and makes an immature statement regarding the rape issues in Pakistan during his interview to Washingtonpost.

Late 2005; a devastating earthquake hits us (a sign of GOD’s displeasure? A natural disaster? Was quite predictable --- various interpretations, but one result: a humongous loss)……. Turns out, after all these years, our esteemed forces are short of helicops… Musharraf heard once again “I WANT HELICOPS! I NEED FUNDS and last but not the least I WANT MY F-16s!!!”
Uncle Sam decides to keep the poor kid from bursting into tears, they send an aid of a couple thousand million dollars, send for a couple of Chinook helis from Afghanistan and arrange the delivery of 2 F-16s. There, Musharraf breathes a sigh of relief, thank GOD the US did not cheat on me after I’d done everything for them!

Early 2006; American fighters enter the Pakistani border and bomb certain remote areas leaving atleast 18 people dead, which include children and women. They say it was target killing, our Govt. tries to protest but decides to keep it low.
The winter in the quake-hit areas hasn’t settled, people are still dying there each day, however, since the media is no longer paying attention, once again the people who’s hearts reached out to their brothers in Balakot and Muzaffarabad, are busy in their lives. Lahore, which was hit by a couple of aftershocks itself after the major quake, is sooo glad about it that they hold a marathon in which women of our beloved nation run on the roads (as a tribute to those who died just 3 months back in the earthquake)… These days, we are, thanks to our media, celebrating the Basant in our country, this too, mind it, shows our unity with our brethren lying in tents eating can-food up there in the north…………….. The show will carry on people, thanks to Musharraf, we are an independent nation, and we live the way we like.

@ Yasir Hayat Khan:
tumko maaloom hai hukoomat kee haqeeqat lekin,
dil kay behlaanay ko Yasir yeh khayaal acha hai.

A very healthy discussion was going on, sorry I had to interrupt with my extraordinary critiques … But being a Pakistani, I have every right to point out the wrongdoings or shortcomings of our Govt.. Those who still support our govt. after witnessing the anarchy that prevails, then I would sincerely suggest them to use eye-drops to clear their vision. You still don’t feel the pain because by the grace of ALLAH, it hasn’t reached your home.

Goto Sindh:
Ask the family of the 14-year old kid(boy) of Shah-Faisal colony who was raped by policemen and burnt himself to death(2002), ask the family of the 6 and 8 year old girls who were raped by the TPO of Gadap Town(2003), ask the family of Munawar Sehrwardi(2003), ask the students of Maulana Shamzayee(a great scholar of islam)(2004)…………

Goto Balochistan: Ask the family of Dr. Shazia Akhtar who was raped(2004), forced to keep it low and threatened to stay quiet and leave the country.

Goto Punjab: Ask the family of Sonia Naz(2005), ask the families of those who have lost their children to Basant(since the very first day its being celebrated)

Goto the Ground Forces: Ask the families of those jawaans who lost their lives in Kargil only to learn Pakistani army would retreat/surrender in the end (1998).

Goto the PAF: ask the family of Musshaf Ali Meer.

Last but not the least,

Goto Kahota: ask the families of Dr. Qadeer Khan and several other scientists who worked day and night to make Pakistan a nuclear power (2003 and onwards)…….

In the end, ask yourself, has justice been done to these people? A system which cannot provide justice to common people, suffers a lot and in the end shatters to pieces. I absolutely reserve no grudges against President Musharraf, and he is no personal foe of mine, but since he takes the credit of whatever good comes to Pakistan, he deserves the blame of all that goes wrong too. He’s the leader, dictator, commander-in-chief, whatever you call him……. No one hates him, however, he has a responsibility of the nation more than the outer world, he should’ve focused on internal issues honestly, and nothing can stop sincere efforts. Anyways, its never too late. Ways can be mended, an effective judicial system that does not distinguish between the poor and the elites can still be brought into existence, the Police dept. should be reformed or else suspended. Once justice returns, peace, harmony and prosperity shall be our destiny, insha’ALLAH.

(no offenses anyone……… pardon me if there are any mistakes, I typed all this in a haste amidst a flood of thoughts, racing through the short time that I had… )

Regards,

THE 1
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

Finally, the innerself yielded and my pledge not to disturb the healthy flow of the discussion has crumbled down to pieces. I am reneging. Sorry for that.

I have read the concerns of all the people here. I agree with some and disagree with the others.

I think that relations with a foreign country are not bad at all. There are some people who say that we should break up our ties with super powers like America due to their malicious attitude towards us. I do not agree with such people here. India has long stood non-aligned. Finally, it has adopted US as her mother. I do not doubt the competence of Indian rulers. They are running the world's biggest democracy and obviously know better than us what's healthy for the state. So this implies that non-alignment is no longer possible.

No matter US signed a nuclear deal with India. She looked at her own interest. If Pakistan failed to attract her crush, it's Pakistan's fault not of US. It's a very basic principle of Foreign Policy that it's always formulated on the basis of self-interests. (So do not curse USA for this). Be worth something to have it. If USA doesn't agree, we have China. It's already offering assistance in Chashma-II (325MW).

Also, India knows how to deal with foreign countries. We don't. We just bow down in subservience at the slightest gesture [in Sindhi: ALLAH RE, GHORA RE, BABA RE - MUNKHEY PEHENJI GOD MEIN KHARI WATH]. India has the capacity to resist since it has the power of its people. Their governments aren't supported by foreign powers.

Our relations with America are between rulers - rulers, not people - people as in India (since the rulers reflect people). Our rulers work in the self interest (a point repeated to death) and India's work for their country. They know if the do good they will be re-elected. Our leaders don't do anything commendable enough to get them re-elected. Hence they don't trust the people and find other ways out. The best way leads to a pilgrimmage in America.

We need to get rid of this dilemma. We need to maintain a balance. We should not act as servants (which is however an inherent component of the type of government that we have).

I believe, democracy doesn't sprout up all of a sudden. People today are not in the position to make a choice. This is the ripe time for Musharraf to erect a conducive atmosphere. He needs to work out on education. He has to establish institutions like Judiciary (this maintains rule of law), Bureaucracy (this implements the policies. If this is weak, no country can work), Pressure Groups (for policy analysis) and Legislative (the most important). The democracy that will emerge after the plot is laid, will be a stable one. Today if we hold elections, people will elect Nawaz Sharif or Benazir - what will change? None will elect Imran Khan (my favourite). Haha... I am not from his party but I appreciate whatever he says.

After such good work, even if Musharraf is re-elected, I do not have any problem with him. We have nothing to do with the name. If he works for us, we'll elect him.

Musharraf according to me hasn't done well all these years. I believe, if a dictator is sincere, he can do anything. But we are still at the point we started from. Corruption is rampant. Education has cancer. Poverty is above 70%. Unemployment is touching new heights. We are getting engulfed in the darkness of terrorism. Inflation is at an unprecedented level. What has changed? All those self-proclaimed economic indicators. Brothers, they mean nothing to a common man. Musharraf has failed to work out on a trickle down effect. He has not provided any relief to a common man.

His devolution plan has dissolved the bureaucracy and replaced well trained officers with duffers to rule the country. How will it work?

That's a million dollar question.

Regards

(Tol be continued)

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

hmmmmmmmm

i m perplexed and thinking where to start and where to end, however, i wl try to brief my views due to paucity of time

well u r right THE 1 that always Allah helped us

but i know one thing that Allah is the Creator of this world naa nd no one can find any lapse at any point, all things are working systematically but you must agree that Allah seldom do the things in such manner as HE deputes some one and that person do the job, in fact it is being done by HIM, some time it was Quaid-e-Azam or Ayub Khan or some one else to do goods for the country

these are some notions that israel was attacking, muhsaf ali mir was sent down, dr. shazia was done away by capt. hammad etc.

but brother, i made my own observatoin and thinking, i m a smple person nd go in depth, but it revealed that the influentials of the region were involved in the case and dr. hammad did'nt do ny thing !!!!!! actully the incident was made to make public that army is doing bad nd this nd that by instigating the emotions of those pple, would deliberate on some other day

as regards dr. qadeer, i can bet for millions that if musharaf wont b the head of state then dr. qadeer would have been handed over to west since long

u c, in the eyes of west, it is only musharaf that can be holding many things right like taliban, nukes etc. nd they are aprehensions that after him who would b taking care of al things, that is the reason that they r not giving all out help to the country

nd both india and afghanstan are better aware of these things, nd it is crystal clear that both countries r against to Pakistan and can u think why the president karzai clamoured about taliban issue in his full breadth in these months, bcoz he knew that bush is coming nd india would also aware, it could b another side of picture that both have made plans to speak such so that bush may not give any substantial support to Pakistan .......

nd if musharaf would have been frustrated then he wont b strengthening the government, nd increasing ties with china and iran , iran is a big issue nd Pakistan's staunce towards iran is clear to the west

u c, he is not fully relying on US nd it is a good gesture, yara look musharaf has two childern only nd both r well setled abroad nd u c he was not aware of any development fo coming him to power, v can think the scenario when musharaf came into power, look if the corps commanders would'nt have acted briskly and or musharaf would have been in Pakistan and got replaced then his name would b in the chapters of history......

brother THE 1 v can think that all such things were done by Allah to save Pakistan ......

nd as regards Kargil, yara the plan was zabardast if it wuld'nt have been roll backed, i dont know whether u had seen the speech of the then prime minister mian nawaz sharif, to the nation clearing the air in the country. i heard the statement he made to the nation which somewhat stated that there is no road pasing by the kargil heights, which lead to siachin glacier, so we done this or that ....... i m a simple person naaa nd i can understand the blunder he made therein, look there is only road nd if the forces would b staying there then the position of India would have been precarious ....... especially at siachin nd we all can think that that time would b the best for resolution of at least siachin issue

As i stated earlier, i do not agree to all of the policies of musharaf i.e. devolution plan but his most of policies r going on the right direction, v can check the ratio of PSDP has been increased, the education budget has been increased manifold esp. of higher education, the i.t. budget has been increased etc.

but musharaf is a good sign as being president of Pakistan and so far as i m aware i cannot support any person who try to use the name of our BELOVED PROPHET for toppling the government.

well i wont b writing sorry or regret for the reason for my lines being against to views of ny one, it is simple that dear we are not kids to have angreness, these r my views nd they can differ from the views of any other person, it is simple

tke care

have a very nice day

b praying

Allah hafiz

Last edited by THE 1; Sunday, March 12, 2006 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typos...
Banned

Default @ Tabassum

Tabassum bhai, your reasoning clarifies your stance... its all good. You see, the prime objective of holding this discussion is that we all accumulate the facts that we know and in doing so we all learn each other's perspectives as well. Infact, I owe you a special thanks for telling us "behind the scenes" stuff... alluding to Dr. Shazia's case. However, as far as Dr. Khan's case is concerned, i happen to hold a completely different point of view.
Anyways, let's carry on. Yasir bhai, come back!

The prayer is one, ALLAH save n prosper Pakistan!

PAKISTAN PAAYENDABAD!!!

Regards,

THE 1

Last edited by THE 1; Sunday, March 12, 2006 at 04:20 PM.
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

I think all of us think very passioantely about this issue, and I like to applaud the efforts of our Senior Members to bring the life back into Discussion section.

Coming back to the topic, I think Adil's perspective is one of the best in which he describes that no nation can afford to have a foreign policy that does not have it's self interest in front and center.

Seriously, all of us here should examine India's history from 1947 and onwards in detail, and then reflect on ourselves that where we are lacking both in our domestic and foreign policies.

Thanks.
Banned

Arrow @ Babban

agree with u 100% bro! Foreign Policy's all about finding the right partners abroad. China happens to be the best possible ally that Pakistan should pursue, however, due to short sightedness of our policy makers, they chose US and hurled China somewhat to the back. But now that the US has taken off the skin of "good old Sam" and is back to "naughty old Sam"... urdu mein kehtay hain na "auqaat pe utarr aayaa hai..."; we need to act accordingly. Lots of time has been lost, but its never too late. We need to formulate a decade long strategic defense/economic/political plan with China and shun whoever raises a voice against it, be it the US or its illegitimate children India & Israel. And this plan should be chalked out keeping in mind the interests of Pakistan, NOT the military regime. One of the most distinguishable points why india's foreign policy has made it big time is because their military NEVER dares to intervene in state affairs....

Regards,

THE 1

Last edited by THE 1; Sunday, March 12, 2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old Friday, March 17, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maria khan is on a distinguished road
Default Tricks & Tracks

I wonder I could visit this derriffic assembledge in short span but my routine doesn't let me to do so, anyways.
Here I would also like to share my views in this regards.

The crises which are subjected to the entire Islamic Ummah (definately it covers my land as well) nowadays, have a clear signs for those who bear wisdom. Here I want to highlight some major blemishes which are responisble to allow infidels to dominate us.
First of all I'll proceed towards the term that is suffering great lackness i.e "unity", ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as Allah has said in Qura'n,
"wa' tasemoo be hablil la hi jameeaoon wala taffarraqoo"
And with respect to that we can easily speculate that how firmly we are holding this nexus, we muslims exist on this world with a heavy figure of 1 billion and 60 million having military force of nearabout 4 million, we have nuclear technology, we have 70% oil and 60% gas treasure storages, but although being fraught with all such stuff we couldn't prevent west to sit on our heads. Its only because we are neglecting our religious learnings, and we are merely under the influence of our own concupiscence. US attacked our brother countries but we did nothing except watching the global shows, whereas when muslims protested against denmark, the EU-organization asserted that if something will happen to Danish territory then they'll abolish the entire Muslim World. Well, the reason of all such detail is just to tell that those who bear unity, turn themselves insurmountable.

Second flaw is the local advancement of science and technology, its history that tells us that those nations who became sincere in this sector no doubt became the conquerors, tand thus ruled on the entire world. First came greeks, they were the kings of the earliest scientific era, and still the signs of their ancient civilization is well preserved for the comming ones, then came muslims who damnly worked on the subjective technology and and established their empires all over the world, then our renaisense ended and west got the crown and still they are enjoying this prestige. We get drowned only because we are ossified, we prefer spoon feeding, we don't try to work out, what we suppose to do is to make contracts with outsiders to purchase their designs and technology by spending our capital, won't it be good if we divert such fainance on our educational instituitions to raise their standards at international level. We can get the idea of our retrogression by looking the number and standards of our universities, the total number of universities in entire Islamic world is just 500 and the single Japan consists nearabout 1000, so now we can easily get that how high our approach is.

Then comes democracy, no doubt the majority of muslim countries are subjected to anti democratic sufferage. Once there's no common man's rule, nobody could understand the problems which are so circulating among the public. If decomracy won't get promoted the organizations won't get effective, example of OIC is infront of us (OIC where kings and dictators are sitting is still good for nothing).

Now lets come towards our President's disappointment, well I better say that whatelse US did and what it is willing to do mustn't be so strange. "Use, throw and forget" is the part of American cultural, we are in grief that US didn't grant us what we deserve then I better say that US is not one of those who let themselves under obligations. Example of Turkey is infront of us, it supported US 80 years ago in the second world war and contributed in the break up of Soviet Union, but as we have seen that neither US included it in the EU organization nor it grant turkey any such sort of energetic back up like it has made with India.
Another main thing that cannot be neglected is the absence of democracy in our territory and the burdern of heavy debts figures. We can observe that how remarkably Indian premier dealt with US president eye to eye, its because he has a strong public back up, their democracy has firmed its roots at great level during the period of 6 decades, their government didn't stop their opposition and other subjects to object on the roads against Bush. But when we have a look at our side we came to know that how sweetly we impounded Imran Khan in his residence, anyways, I don't want to discuss this matter further as if I'd keep this on it'll certainly make my thread more elongated.
Lets come towards the debts, if we view out the arrival of US-President Hayzon Howard 50 years ago we'll come to know that he drove in an open car with Pakistani President of that time on full crowded road of Sader karachi, at that time we weren't under such gaigantic loans. Frankly speaking those who have slave minds never be respected globally.
If you people are saying that President is a tout of US by turning Pakistan as its non-nato ally in anti-terrorism campaign then I better say that the govt is not doing this with its heart assent, they are doing this as they are oppressed to do so because if we hadn't launched such movement then we would have suffered the same fierceness and compulsion from western bloc same like Iraq and Afghanistan, as no doubt US has its sharp focus on our geo-strategic position, on our oceans and desert literally. No doubt President Musharraf is not the standard bearer of democracy, I certainly agree with that, but what our government is doing since after 9/11 couldn't be taken in the sense of toutism. Here the subjects who have wrong concepts must correctify.

Now what should our government need to do is to bring desirable changes in our foreign policies where dpendency over US shall be curtalied and development of close ties with China and Russian federation must be made emphatic so as to enhance our defence capabilities and to strenghten our domestic front.
As it is wide and clear that after the draft assertion in India-US parliaments regarding the civilian technology, nobody could stop India to become a permenent member of UN security council, which is certainly analogous to full face of Pakistan. And no doubt that that was the deep vision of Musharraf that he and MR.Hojin Tao had signatured on a contract of CHASHMA NUCLEAR PLANT 11 project during his recent visit to china before the arrival of "Bush the rubbish" to South Asia. China is alreday working on different energy generating projects in Pakistan including Ghazi Borotha project, Chasma Nuclear Power Plant 1, 11 Jinnah Hydro Power 96 MW, Golan Gol Hydro Power Plant 106MW and Muzzaffer Garh Kayte Gurd ( and I don't think so that US has made such number of contracts with us in past record). Along with this we also have to enhance the stragetic relationships with other Muslim countires as well, in tucker we need to divert the attention of muslim community to refine the tactics of OIC.

Then lets move towards Afghanistan's pendulum behaviour, no suspicion that Karzai is the spade of US and he is doing what exactly he is ordered. I would like share one of the most important news regarding to AL-QAIDA that, few months ago US intelligence captured a man who was going to IRAQ by crossing the route of Afghanistan and Iran along with a letter from the side of AMEN AZZAHRAVI who sent him to deliver it to ABU MUASAB ZARQAVI who was in IRAQ those days, in that letter Dr. Amen asked Abu Muasab to establish healthy and desirable terms with Iraqi Sheea community and along with this he also expressed his petulence against Pakistani military who has been hindering their operations in Afghanistan.
Well although being informed with such hot info US military didn't leak that news as at that time their army was attacking on the Rozas of HAZRAT IMAM HASAN ASKARI(R.T.A) & HAZRAT IMAM ALI TAQI (R.T.A). Hence by this we can easily extract that US simply want to generate ill-feelings between Paks and Afghans, and also this point is dam bogus that Pakistan is sleeping on the borders.
Its is cleared that Bush is puppet in the hands of NEOCONS and Karzai is the pet of Bush, so if people are thinking that arrival of General John Abi Zaid will help to wipe out such misunderstandings then I must say that we are trying to breath in fantacy. Now what really Pakistan need to do is to bloc Afghan transit trade and smuggling routes, which all go from Pakistan, may be this thing will work to minimize Karzai's dehydration.

Now come towards Balochistan issue, perhaps this worm might be circulating in my youth's mind that this crises has born in Mush's regime, in that case I need to tell you that it was already predicted 14 years ago in the book "The Twin Era Of Pakistan" written by Mohammad Ma'ali Sayed that Balochistan will get freedom in 2006 (this book was published in US). As it was bhutto who invited baloch sardars in his cabinet and right from that the sophistication started and now its on its peak.
Another worst mistake that our past governments had done was that, they kept Balochis deprived from their own resources. There are nearabout 6.5million poplulation over there which is equal to half of Karachi's, if we had given them alteast 25% of theire natural resources then they would have became prosperous and develop like that of Emarites, but who cares. Sui gas reached to the houses of poor balochis right after 3 years of its discovery, Was that a proper justification? Hence now the selfish balochi sardars are cashing the spirit of those pathetic countrymen.
I want to say that instead of using military power, our President should proceed with the weapon of negotiation as the warm blooded balochis cannot digest forcible domination.
Government really need to emphasize more towards the develpoment of that region, regarding to this President Musharraf has added the capital of 10 billion Rs in the figure of 120 billion which was so fixed for mega projects and province's develpoment. Federal government is spending 21 billion for Balochistan's develpoment which is approx 13.9% of BSPD, nearabout 45 million Rs are going to be spend for oil & gas findings in Kohlo. Along with this the construction of Merani Dam Costal Highway, Sabukzai Dam, greater Quetta Water scheme, Zhob Daira Ismael Khan Road, and the mighty Gawadar Port is also on their way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,but such projects can only run peacefully if and only if baddies shall stop violence out there. And the only effective way that is so left is to sit on negotiation table, and if they won't proceed in this way then I'm afraid that Balochistan would appear on the map of South Asia as a seperate State i.e "
GREATER BALOCHISTAN".

Ms. Ghumman said that Mush has got an ultimatum of its departure, well mam every subject has his perception. What I think in this regard is that, our President doesn't seem to turn down his crown till 2016 as he has already mentioned, thus this means that offcourse he has the subjective comfirmation, further, if perhaps US made him to quit the office then on his place those honorary white devils will definately lay stress to appoint some other military man, as civilian government don't have calliber to deal with the so generated war against terrorism.
The reason why we are dominated is that, we care for our protocols much instead of proceeding towards constructive approach, we don't have democracy, we don't have durability, we don't have unity, we don't have continuity, when such elements got dumped then military sits on our head, then Bush comes and play cricket with our children.

Mr. Memon, if our bureaucrates are so talanted and honest, then why they didn't lead the country on the top? Its only because landocrates used to tackle their own intrests and accounts instead of dealing the matters and tragedies of the common. Its the bitter reality that excluding the few, majority of them are nepotists and corrupts.This is the reason why devolution plan has introduced.

So long then.

Last edited by THE 1; Saturday, March 18, 2006 at 02:28 AM. Reason: a minor typo.
Old Sunday, March 19, 2006

Tahir Ali Khan is on a distinguished road
Default Ayaz Amir's Comments about the six-years rule of Musharraf

I would like to add some somments by Ayaz Amir (Dawn's Friday Columnist) on March 17, 2006. Especially the opening paragraphs are interesting.

Bluster and performance

IT IS a matter for some rejoicing that we continue to be the world’s greatest futurists, postponing everything to the distant future. We ‘will’ eradicate poverty, or bring its levels down. We ‘will’ see to it that ‘the writ of the state’ — a concept increasingly hard to understand — is established. We ‘will’ usher in progress. The list is endless and all in the future tense.

Having such a touching faith in the future is a sign of optimism. Who says we are cynical or pessimistic?

Indeed, if good intentions alone provided the shortest route to heaven, we would be up there in the clouds with the most favoured nations. Alas, if performance could match this genius for bluster.

In six years Hitler prepared Germany for war. Admittedly a bad example but trotted out to show what can be done in this time. In six years the Second World War was over and done with, the world transformed at its conclusion. Sher Shah Suri ruled north India for only five years. Yet down the ages he is still remembered as one of India’s greatest kings. He spoke little, he did a lot.

After six and a half years Pakistan’s present general-president — fourth in a line of distinguished saviours-in-uniform — is still talking of establishing ‘the writ of the state’. What does this phrase mean? No more than that the state’s authority, as expressed and represented by the government in power, is obeyed, not challenged or flouted. This is the very essence of statehood: the ability of the state to enforce its will.

Of course it is far more desirable that this authority should be based upon a system of laws instead of being arbitrary and stemming from the whims of an individual. But even if a state is operating in a legal or constitutional vacuum, to earn the title of effective state it must be able to implement its decisions.

Now consider this: if after six and a half years a seemingly strong government is still struggling with the necessity of establishing its writ, it doesn’t say much for its performance. What has it been up to all this time?

Not that there’s been no movement or frenetic activity. But to what end? At every conceivable opportunity the general-president has said his hyphenated status — president and army chief at the same time — was essential for effective governance. Well, he has had his way. But how much effective governance have we had?

Leaving Balochistan and North and South Waziristan aside, the most visible symbols of our present discontent, we can’t seem to get even kite-flying right.

The Supreme Court orders a ban on kite flying. Then it relaxes its previous order and allows kite flying for a fortnight around Basant (the onset of spring). This amounts to saying that something illegal for the rest of the year is all right for 15 days.

But right on the eve of Basant the Punjab government bans kite flying, on grounds that the glue-and-iron reinforced twines used for the sport were dangerous for public safety, this realization sinking in after a couple of kids have their throats literally slit by the killer threads. Despite the police being out in force, the government is unable to enforce its decree, thus making a mockery of it. Enforcing the law is a hard enough undertaking at the best of times, much harder when law is put at the service of stupidity.

Pakistan being in the throes of a sugar crisis — the price of sugar hitting the roof — the government announces that the National Accountability Bureau, the scourge of the political class when Musharraf seized power, will look into it. Considering that the biggest sugar barons are political fat cats, the government darkly warns that no one found guilty of hoarding or manipulating the market will be spared.

The public waits with bated breath. Imagine its surprise when word gets out that NAB has been asked to lay off for fears that the market will be disturbed.

The law and order situation is worse than it has ever been. No one goes to the police if he/she can help it because doing that means suffering first one loss and then another. Respect for the judiciary is at an all-time low, this again accounting for the reluctance of ordinary people to go to court if they can help it.

A good deal of the money flowing into Pakistan after September 11 went into the property sector, making it one of the fastest-growing sectors in the economy. If anything needed regulating, as much for income tax purposes as to protect the interests of small investors, it was this sector. But it remains largely unregulated, a handful of bright souls becoming tycoons overnight while a large number of small-time investors have been left holding title deeds relating to land existing only on paper.

But this is part of the freedom we enjoy in Pakistan. If you are properly wired or your pockets are deep enough you can get away with anything.

Not that Musharraf is to blame for everything. It is just that the instruments and institutions of governance have become rusty and ineffective. The result is that even with the best goodwill in the world, if the government decides to do something its ability to implement it is limited. The writ of the state is not what it used to be and military rule far from reversing this trend has only accelerated it.

We confuse and mix up two things in Pakistan: democracy and the rule of law. There can be democracy or a form it as in post-communist Russia but no rule of law. And there can be the rule of law as in British Hong Kong or 19th century Prussia without much democracy. In Pakistan, despite quasi-military rule, we have a fairly open society. This is certainly not the kind of repressive set-up that we have in much of the Islamic world. But despite this openness, despite a relatively free press and so many TV channels dedicated to the ritual of talk, the rule of law has deteriorated.

There was a time when regardless of whether we had democracy or not, trains ran on time, public transport was fairly good, the streets were kept clean, municipal services functioned, garbage was regularly lifted, the police were still corrupt but not as much as they are today, and, strange as it may sound, even bicyclists made sure the front and rear lights on their bikes worked.

Somewhere in the mid-sixties, perhaps after that ill-fated war-without-purpose in 1965, things began to go wrong. And afflicted by God knows what evil star they have not become right since. Loss of democracy, as I have already suggested, is only part of the story. There is no democracy in Dubai but, thanks to good leadership, things work there. They don’t in Pakistan, despite the undoubted talent and capacity for hard work of its people.

Not for a moment do I say that democracy is an irrelevant consideration. Pakistan’s soul is bound up with it because through a democratic process, sanctioned by the British parliament, did it become an independent country. I am only saying that we need democracy plus something more: strengthening the foundations of the rule of law, which all Pakistani governments, both dictatorial and democratic, instead of working towards have done their best to vitiate and weaken.

Government based on a system of laws or government run by whim: that is the true Pakistani challenge. But far from understanding this challenge, at the highest level we continue to take refuge behind meaningless talk and bluster, no higher monuments raised to the empty, meaningless word than in Pakistan. This by people at the helm who think they are very bright and understand everything.

Last edited by Tahir Ali Khan; Sunday, March 19, 2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old Sunday, March 19, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about

Salam to all,

@ Maria,

Ms. Ghumman said that Mush has got an ultimatum of its departure, well mam every subject has his perception.

Well Maria ur analysis is too good, but dear what I intended to say was that Bush’s visit to South Asia has make this thing v clear that USA is not in need of our worthy President any more because before his visit it was a common notion that USA & Musharaf are v close & having v good relations, & these relations r beneficial to Musharaf & his administration rather than the country. So, every1 was expecting that Bush’s visit will strengthen the power of Mush but the outcome is totally opposite, he has left his alley in totally frustration by raising the issues of democracy & uniform. Our president was expecting alott from his best friend but alas, his friend came & went just after playing cricket, may be Bush thought that it is fav game of Musharaf because Mushy has watched matches between India & Pak with great interest just to make the relation more strong between two countries, according to the wishes of USA.

The situation is not surprising, it has become a routine since 1947, if we read history of US-PAK relation this thing is obvious that USA has shown sympathy to PAKISTAN just in the need of hour, & when it utilize us it leaves us without a second thought. But during that period when USA is friendly towards us, our leader thinks that they are all powerful with the support of their foreign masters, during this period they do every thing to please their masters & totally ignore the opinion of their own people & the prosperity of their common masses & when these foreign masters also leave them, they found themselves in utter depression & frustration. Same thing has happened to Mushy, he has lost all his fame within the country because of his policies, especially military actions in Waziristan & Balochistan has defamed Mush.Crime, Poverty, corruption, high prices & unemployment all are at high rate. No doubt that Afghanistan & India’s relations are never good with Pakistan as earlier said by Tabassam bhaie, but when Bush & Musharaf were having good relations these both countries were admitting the services of Pakistan but as they have observed this thing also that Mush is no more needed by USA, they have adopted their past policy again. So, becoz of all these circumstances, I said that might be Musaraf has gotten the ultimatum of bye.

if our bureaucrates are so talanted and honest, then why they didn't lead the country on the top? Its only because landocrates used to tackle their own intrests and accounts instead of dealing the matters and tragedies of the common. Its the bitter reality that excluding the few, majority of them are nepotists and corrupts.This is the reason why devolution plan has introduced.

Good & bad people are in every field of life, either it’s the institution of army, judiciary, bureaucracy, or politics even teaching which is considered the most honorable profession have some corrupt people in it. So, its wrong to blame bureaucrats, if all of them are not honest at least most of them are talented becoz of education. In the present system the people who are in power are less educated & mostly are more nepotists & corrupt then the bureaucrats. Who are elected? Those who could buy more votes, who were having good relations with the pple in power, who have more ill-reputed pple in their hands. So, dear Musharaf’s devolution plan is only for his own benefits becoz bureaucrats were a great threat for him & these people in power will obey him as he obeys his foreign masters becoz these pple know that they need govment’s support to live in the power. Secondly, how can only bureaucrats lead the country on the top when the whole system needs a change?

With regards,
Muskan