Tuesday, May 14, 2024
06:17 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, October 05, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementofsurprize
President General Pervez Musharraf is the greatest leader of the recent times. He is the one who took Pakistan out of the vicious debt trap of 1990s! President Musharraf brought real democracy to Pakistan by bringing to the fore most pristine and un-corrupt leadership to the fore. History will bear witness, that Pakistan never had and will never have a leader of President Musharraf's calibre (barring of course the Quaid, who is the greatest Pakistani leader).
Agreed to u to some extent but i am not going to admire him this much. Well he is also a human being and i find him taking some wrong decisions. Let us hope that he will be able to cover up his mistakes, at least.

Regards
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hali
wel as far as mush is concerned im confuse straight away

the way he has handeeled the post 9-11 senario is excellent against the taliban regime but on the othear hand im totally against his so called ENLIGHTENEND MODERATION (what the hell is that)??????
can any one of u support enlightened moderation if yed that on what ground

just look at atate telivison PTV....ATV
WHAT THE HELL they are showing vulgarity evenin rmazan

heros they show are singers and prostittutes

prosatitites are giving the messages of rmamzan tto be pious .
bulls shit
I am so sorry for what u are talking about. Actually, i also noticed this sort of things but it is up to us. We have to compete with the media of the whole world but in doing so we are exploiting our actual traditions and culture. This is a cultural problem.

Musharaf has given us freedom of expression but it is up to the users that how they are taking advantage of this freedom. they need to be pragmatic and they should take car of our real culture. They should display the real picture of media instead of coping others.

Regards
35th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationCSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: roll#2764.....am 4th from Sindh Rural

Danyal is on a distinguished road

@ Impossible

Yes, he might have done good things for Pakistan. After all when u usurp power and call the shots all as autocrat and dictator, and spend the taxpayers' money at will like taking a huge entourage to foreign countries, it becomes a burdensome thing that you also payback some of the luxuries to nation in kind.

My dear friend, the question is not of progress or development that has been made in his time, rather it is of legitimacy. If we bring Green Span from the US' Federal Reserves and install him here as PM or President, I think he will manage all our bad or good things quite successfully and in a better manner. But it will totally be illegitimate and unconstitutional thing.

regards,
Banned

Mazher is on a distinguished road

(1) 4th military dictator
(2) did against his oath after intervention
(3) told lies with the nation
(4) his Political ambitions
(5) his extremely pro-US Policy
(6) his blunder of privatization

positives r

(1) Enlightened moderation

i.e. war b/w Reformists and extremists....
if he wins, Pakistan will b an Islamic model state but in case of his failure, Pakistan will hav consequences like Afghanistan and Iraq.
Banned

Mazher is on a distinguished road

debatable topic.....
i think v r only in need of ruling of Constitution

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazher
if he wins, Pakistan will b an Islamic model state but in case of his failure, Pakistan will hav consequences like Afghanistan and Iraq.
I think Pakistan's faith wont be like those of Afghanistan and Iraq. Situations are pretty different. After all, we are an atomic power. We are doing at our best.US has good relations ith us. There are some other reasons too.

Regards

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazher
debatable topic.....
i think v r only in need of ruling of Constitution

Constitutional should be functional at its best. That matters. Do u mean to say that we are in need of democracy through this constituion? But this time this new democarcy should be some different and functional one. We do nt want to repeat our history of failing demoracies.

Regards

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyal

My dear friend, the question is not of progress or development that has been made in his time, rather it is of legitimacy. If we bring Green Span from the US' Federal Reserves and install him here as PM or President, I think he will manage all our bad or good things quite successfully and in a better manner. But it will totally be illegitimate and unconstitutional thing.

regards,
Yeah i already have mentioned that his actions have short term positive but long term negative imapcts on Pakistan. We will come to know abt those worse impacts by and by. But still hope is here. Let us hope that he will cover up his bad decision in an appropriate manner.

Regards

ahmad66 is on a distinguished road

Salam

dear's
according the political scenario of the world "WE NEED MUSHARAF NOW"
time will tell about the conditions later.

Thanx
Ahmad Bilal
Old Friday, October 06, 2006

Sohail Shuja is on a distinguished road

Salaam

Agreed to ahmed66. If we are talking about illegitimacy of governance, then we should be aware of the fact that what good in comparison is attributed to the so called legitimate political governments of Pakistan. Did they threw Pakistan on the road to success?
While in comparison, the army rule has atleast done so in regard of developing the private sector and building new energy resources for Pakistan. And I think that these actions will have a long term impact on our economy. For his foriegn policies, I must say that he is not the only one who has been wrong with his decisions, what about the others who had also been pro-americans. I dont remember any government in Pakistan which was not pro-american. Yet on the other hand, we can count numerous good points in his regime, which are facilitating the environments of growth and some time from the american madness of anti-terrorism oops, sorry, anti-muslim terrorism